- FIFA official Makudi's Thailand election appealed Updated: Mar-07-14 12:17 pm
- Fiva, Gjefsen win skicross World Cup races Updated: Mar-07-14 9:51 am
- Nantes to serve 1-year ban on signing new players Updated: Mar-07-14 6:33 am
- UN experts demand answers about Venezuela violence Updated: Mar-06-14 2:34 pm
- World Cup teams Switzerland, Croatia draw 2-2 Updated: Mar-05-14 5:10 pm
- FIFA punishes 5 SAmerican clubs for illegal deals Updated: Mar-05-14 2:26 pm
- Chinese car company Qoros builds credibility Updated: Mar-05-14 1:11 pm
- UN panel extends Syria blame to world powers Updated: Mar-05-14 9:50 am
- Hot Wheels: Lamborghini's Huracan sleek throughout Updated: Mar-05-14 9:44 am
- Top 10 carmakers sitting on $221 billion in cash Updated: Mar-05-14 6:08 am
- Carmakers bank on small SUVs as next big thing Updated: Mar-04-14 6:04 pm
- Chrysler to keep Canada plants without gov't help Updated: Mar-04-14 5:05 pm
- The most stunning supercars at Geneva Motor Show Updated: Mar-04-14 3:53 pm
- Geneva: Automakers cast wary eye toward Russia Updated: Mar-04-14 1:23 pm
- Toyota sees modest gains as car market recovers Updated: Mar-04-14 2:25 am
- Peugeot 308 wins car of the year Updated: Mar-03-14 10:37 am
- Car makers pack premium features in small packages Updated: Mar-03-14 8:05 am
- Woman claims university's painting stolen by Nazis Updated: Mar-01-14 11:13 am
- English FA could push for longer Anelka racism ban Updated: Mar-01-14 10:14 am
- St. Louis museum has WWII works Updated: Feb-28-14 2:11 pm
- Swiss, Austrians move to block Yanukovych assets Updated: Feb-28-14 12:52 pm
- Panel faults US gov't over offshore tax evasion Updated: Feb-25-14 6:04 pm
- Sweden beats Norway to win World Cup team event Updated: Feb-25-14 2:57 pm
- German rider Sinkewitz banned for 8 years Updated: Feb-24-14 12:15 pm
- Novartis meningitis vaccine used at 2nd US campus Updated: Feb-24-14 8:25 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - FIFA executive committee member Worawi Makudi's re-election as president of the Football Association of Thailand has been challenged at sport's highest court.
AROSA, Switzerland - Alex Fiva of Switzerland and Marte Hoeie Gjefsen of Norway won skicross World Cup events on Friday.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - French club Nantes will serve a one-year FIFA ban on recruiting new players after losing an appeal at Switzerland's supreme court.
GENEVA - United Nations human rights experts demanded answers Thursday from Venezuela's government about the use of violence and imprisonment in a crackdown on widespread demonstrations.
ST. GALLEN, Switzerland - Switzerland's young forward Josip Drmic and Croatia veteran Ivica Olic both scored twice as their World Cup-bound countries drew 2-2 in a friendly on Wednesday.
ZURICH - FIFA has sanctioned five clubs from Argentina and Uruguay for illegal international player transfers.
GENEVA - Chinese carmaker Qoros brought its campaign to gain global credibility to the Geneva Motor Show, where it showed off its second production car at a stand in prime real estate - between Maserati and Rolls Royce.
GENEVA - Evidence shows chemical weapons used in two attacks came from the Syrian government's stockpiles, a panel of U.N. investigators said Wednesday in a new report that needled world powers as deserving some of the blame for the country's atrocities because of their inaction.
GENEVA - Lamborghini's newest supercar, the Huracan LP-610, already occupies an important place in the company's lineup as this year's replacement for the Gallardo, its top-selling model of all time.
GENEVA - A new study shows that the top 10 global automakers amassed more than $221 billion (161 billion euros) in cash by the end of 2013 to invest in new products, strategic alliances and other growth strategies.
GENEVA - Carmakers are banking on the fast-growing demand for small SUVs to earn new customers in the U.S. and help turn around their businesses in Europe's still-fragile market.
TORONTO - Chrysler said Tuesday it will take steps to build new cars and minivans in Ontario without incentives from the provincial and federal governments and is withdrawing requests for financial aid for plants in Windsor and Brampton because the projects have become a "political football."
GENEVA - Dreaming is what most of us who lack the cash needed to buy a supercar can still afford to do.
GENEVA - Growing tensions over Ukraine have raised the specter of another slowdown in the European auto market, just as carmakers were beginning to count on a modest recovery from a six-year contraction.
GENEVA - Toyota Europe expects to sell 865,000 units this year and increase its market share to 4.8 percent as the European car market enters what is expected to be a slow recovery from six years of contraction.
GENEVA - The family car Peugeot 308 has been voted car of the year by European automotive editors.
GENEVA - European carmakers are putting their longest ever market slump in the rear view mirror, shifting from survival to revival as they head into the Geneva Auto Show with dozens of car premiers, particularly for small models packed with premium features.
OKLAHOMA CITY - For more than a decade, the University of Oklahoma has exhibited a piece of Nazi-looted artwork bequeathed to it by the wife of an oil tycoon. But renewed claims by a family that owned the oil painting before World War II has drawn the school's fundraising arm into a fight it thought was settled in Switzerland more than 60 years ago.
ZURICH - The English Football Association could push for Nicolas Anelka to serve more than a five-match ban for a racially aggravated goal celebration by appealing against its own disciplinary panel's verdict.
ST. LOUIS - In a first-floor gallery at the St. Louis Art Museum hangs a life-size portrait of three bathing women and a small red turtle. The painting, by Henri Matisse, changed the course of art, and is considered one of the most influential 20th-century paintings in the United States.
GENEVA - Three Alpine nations moved Friday to block assets that Ukraine's fugitive president Viktor Yanukovych and some of his associates might have stashed away there, and Swiss authorities opened a money-laundering investigation into Yanukovych and his son.
WASHINGTON - Billions of dollars in U.S. taxes are going unpaid because Americans are exploiting Swiss bank accounts, and the U.S. government has failed to aggressively pursue Switzerland's second-largest bank, a Senate investigation has found.
INNSBRUCK, Austria - Maria Pietilae-Holmner remained unbeaten in all three rounds to help Sweden win a World Cup parallel slalom team event on Tuesday.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - German rider Patrik Sinkewitz has been banned for eight years as a repeat doping offender following a ruling by the Court of Arbitration for Sport on Monday.
GENEVA - Swiss drug maker Novartis says a second U.S. university is using its new vaccine against meningitis B.