- Thomaz Bellucci of Brazil wins Geneva Open title Updated: May-23-15 12:24 pm
- Blatter set to polarize opinion for 4 more years at FIFA Updated: May-23-15 10:39 am
GENEVA - Sepp Blatter divides opinion so much even his opponents are charmed by him.
- Clock ticks but fortune smiles for Federer at French Open Updated: May-23-15 10:09 am
PARIS - There are two distinct sounds one hears when Roger Federer graces the courts of Roland Garros. One is the pop of backhands and forehands kicking up puffs of red clay. The other, getting ever louder, is the scratchy tick of life's clock.
- CAS hears Gibraltar's appeal to join FIFA Updated: May-22-15 12:42 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Gibraltar's appeal to become a FIFA member has been heard at world sport's highest court, with no timetable set for a ruling.
- FIFA scandals while Sepp Blatter has been president Updated: May-22-15 5:48 am
GENEVA - FIFA has been routinely called "scandal-plagued" for much of Sepp Blatter's 17-year presidential reign.
- John Coates re-elected as head of sports arbitration court Updated: May-22-15 5:14 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Australian Olympic official John Coates has been re-elected president of the International Council of Arbitration for Sport.
- Swiss supreme court rules boy can't have 2 fathers Updated: May-21-15 12:38 pm
BERLIN - Switzerland's supreme court has ruled that a child born to a surrogate mother in the United States can't have two fathers.
- Previous FIFA Presidential Elections Updated: May-21-15 12:06 pm
ZURICH - Sepp Blatter would certainly argue that being president of FIFA is the best job in sports. Becoming FIFA president is one of the hardest.
- World's biggest atom smasher sets energy record Updated: May-21-15 10:04 am
BERLIN - Scientists operating the world's biggest particle collider say they have set a new energy record ahead of the massive machine's full restart in June.
- Swiss bank UBS settles US legal cases for $545 million Updated: May-20-15 5:26 am
BERLIN - Swiss bank UBS says it is pleading guilty to wire fraud and is paying $545 million to settle U.S. cases of market manipulation.
- SportAccord chief Vizer seeks talks with IOC to repair ties Updated: May-19-15 12:51 pm
LONDON - A month after launching a scathing attack on the IOC, the head of SportAccord said Tuesday he wants to meet with Thomas Bach to repair the damage that has led multiple sports to cut ties with the umbrella body for international federations.
- Ghana defender Jonathan Mensah banned 4 months by FIFA Updated: May-19-15 7:12 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Ghana defender Jonathan Mensah has been banned for four months by FIFA in a breach-of-contract case.
- Triathlon latest to break with SportAccord over Vizer attack Updated: May-18-15 10:40 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Triathlon has joined the exodus from umbrella body SportAccord following Marius Vizer's attack on the International Olympic Committee.
- Merkel: Global catastrophe plan needed after Ebola crisis Updated: May-18-15 7:21 am
BERLIN - The Ebola crisis in western Africa showed the world in a painful way that a global catastrophe plan is needed to deal with future epidemics, German Chancellor Angela Merkel said Monday.
- Basel wins 6th straight Swiss league title Updated: May-17-15 12:52 pm
BASEL, Switzerland - Basel ensured its sixth straight Swiss league title by drawing 0-0 at home to second-placed Young Boys on Sunday.
- Longtime IOC member Peter Tallberg of Finland dies at 77 Updated: May-16-15 11:14 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Longtime IOC member Peter Tallberg of Finland has died after a battle against cancer, the International Olympic Committee said Saturday. He was 77.
- Blatter wants new rule helping US bid for 2026 World Cup Updated: May-15-15 10:30 am
ZURICH - FIFA President Sepp Blatter wants to implement a rule that would prevent Europe from bidding for the 2026 World Cup, improving the chances of the United States to host the tournament.
- Slovakia, Swiss to host ice hockey worlds in 2019, 2020 Updated: May-15-15 7:38 am
PRAGUE - The International Ice Hockey Federation says Slovakia will host the 2019 world championship and Switzerland the following year.
- Bobsled federation joins exodus from SportAccord association Updated: May-14-15 5:45 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Bobsled's world governing body has become the latest federation to freeze ties with umbrella body SportAccord following Marius Vizer's attack on the International Olympic Committee.
- Rare Burmese ruby sells for $30.3 million at auction Updated: May-13-15 4:50 pm
GENEVA - A rare Burmese ruby in a platinum ring with diamonds sold for $30.3 million at auction, setting a world auction record for any ruby and for any stone by Cartier, according to Sotheby's.
- Vizer defiant on World Combat Games despite withdrawals Updated: May-13-15 11:35 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The World Combat Games will go ahead next year despite the withdrawal of several sports in protest over the chief organizer's attack on the International Olympic Committee.
- Table tennis wants Olympic mixed doubles or mixed team event Updated: May-13-15 9:21 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Table tennis is lobbying for the inclusion of a mixed doubles or mixed teams event at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- Princess Mathilde's pink diamond sells for $15.9 million Updated: May-12-15 4:01 pm
GENEVA - An 8.72-carat pink diamond ring believed part of a collection once owned by Princess Mathilde Bonaparte sold at auction Tuesday for $15.9 million, according to Sotheby's Geneva.
- Blatter: I've tried to tame soccer's monstrous success Updated: May-12-15 10:51 am
ZURICH - In a rare interview with a free Swiss daily newspaper during his re-election campaign, FIFA President Sepp Blatter claims he has tried to "tame the monster" of soccer's success during his 17-year reign.
- Police: Swiss shooting suspect had been in psychiatric care Updated: May-12-15 6:31 am
BERLIN - Swiss police say a man believed to have killed four people before shooting himself last weekend was taken into psychiatric care a few weeks ago, and officers had searched his home for weapons.