- FIFA donates 48 luxury watches to non-profit organization Updated: Nov-26-15 12:01 pm
GENEVA - FIFA's unethical weakness for luxury watches earned a windfall for a soccer charity working in Brazil.
- Germany gives Greece 10,000 records on possible tax cheats Updated: Nov-25-15 1:12 pm
BERLIN - Germany has shared some 10,000 records on possible Greek tax cheats with Athens.
- Summer Olympic federations set up anti-doping task force Updated: Nov-25-15 6:38 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Summer sports federations have set up a task force to study their anti-doping programs as Olympic officials consider turning over all drug-testing to an independent body.
- Switzerland, US split $50M after online gaming service bust Updated: Nov-24-15 12:41 pm
GENEVA - Switzerland and the United States have split the take of nearly $50 million following the break-up of an illegal online gambling service.
- FIFA ethics committee seeks life ban against Michel Platini Updated: Nov-24-15 12:23 pm
PARIS - The FIFA ethics committee has requested a life ban for Michel Platini, the Frenchman's lawyer said Tuesday, a move that would rule the UEFA president out of the race to succeed Sepp Blatter.
- CAS to judge bans for 6 Russian athletes caught doping Updated: Nov-24-15 9:25 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The Russian anti-doping system will go on trial at the Court of Arbitration for Sport next week with two Olympic medals at stake.
- FIFA executive committee to make progress on reforms Updated: Nov-24-15 5:14 am
ZURICH - The FIFA executive committee will discuss ongoing reforms for the scandal-scarred soccer body at a meeting in Zurich next week.
- FIFA President Blatter says he was near death in hospital Updated: Nov-23-15 7:07 am
ZURICH - Without specifying his illness, Sepp Blatter said in excerpts from a television interview that he was near death when hospitalized for stress-related problems this month.
- Official: Cyprus police stop 6 men at airport Updated: Nov-22-15 3:33 pm
NICOSIA, Cyprus - An official says Cypriot authorities are holding one Algerian and five Turkish men in custody after they were stopped from entering the country amid "suspicions" over the purpose of their trip.
- Los Angeles focus on vision, public support for Olympic bid Updated: Nov-20-15 5:15 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Leaders of Los Angeles' bid to host the 2024 Olympics took away two clear ideas from meetings at IOC headquarters on Friday.
- Paris 2024 Olympic bid takes rivals' goodwill to IOC meets Updated: Nov-19-15 3:48 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Leaders of Paris' bid to host the 2024 Olympics took goodwill messages from campaign rivals to meetings with the IOC on Thursday.
- Spanish runner Marta Dominguez banned 3 years by CAS Updated: Nov-19-15 1:11 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Spanish runner Marta Dominguez was banned for three years Thursday and stripped of her 2009 world steeplechase title for blood doping.
- Utah lawmakers defend trip to Switzerland Updated: Nov-19-15 11:51 am
SALT LAKE CITY - The vice chairman of the board of Utah Transit Authority has resigned after taking a controversial trip to Switzerland, although he says he stepped down for unrelated reasons.
- Swiss farmer finds Roman coin hoard under molehill Updated: Nov-19-15 11:14 am
BERLIN - Swiss officials say a farmer trying to rid his cherry orchard of a molehill discovered a Roman-era hoard of more than 4,000 coins in excellent condition.
- Anti-corruption group study says FIFA members too secretive Updated: Nov-19-15 10:13 am
ZURICH - Too many FIFA member federations are secretive about what they do and how they spend money, according to an anti-corruption monitor's study.
- Euro 2016 seedings set after Sweden, Ukraine complete lineup Updated: Nov-17-15 5:07 pm
NYON, Switzerland - The 2016 European Championship seedings were confirmed when Sweden and Ukraine qualified on Tuesday to complete the 24-team lineup.
- IOC panel: Kuwait keeping athletes out of qualifying events Updated: Nov-17-15 12:38 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The IOC athletes' commission has condemned attempts by Kuwaiti authorities to prevent athletes from competing in qualifying events for next year's Olympics.
- FIFA bans leaders of Nepal, Laos federations in bribes case Updated: Nov-16-15 7:18 am
GENEVA - In yet another case of FIFA election bribery, the president of Nepal's soccer federation was banned for 10 years on Monday.
- IOC discusses 2026 bidding with 7 winter federations Updated: Nov-13-15 1:55 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Hoping to avoid a repeat of the narrow list of candidates for the 2022 Olympics, the IOC's top management has met with seven international winter sports federations to discuss the bidding process for the 2026 Games.
- Interim FIFA president Issa Hayatou has kidney transplant Updated: Nov-13-15 12:19 pm
ZURICH - Interim FIFA president Issa Hayatou has had successful surgery for a kidney transplant, the governing body said Friday.
- The Latest: No bail for Venezuela first lady's nephews in US Updated: Nov-12-15 7:01 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - The latest news in the arrest of two nephews of the powerful first lady of Venezuela Cilia Flores on U.S. drug charges. All times local in Caracas.
- Hong Kong tycoon buys 7-year-old daughter $77M in diamonds Updated: Nov-12-15 12:54 pm
HONG KONG - A Hong Kong billionaire tycoon paid a total of $77 million at auctions in Geneva for two large and rare colored diamonds for his 7-year-old daughter Josephine - and renamed them after her, his office said Thursday.
- Bach expects IAAF to take 'necessary' action against Russia Updated: Nov-11-15 4:17 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - IOC President Thomas Bach said Wednesday he expects track and field's world governing body to take "the necessary measures" against the Russian federation for its record on doping.
- Sports leaders agree to idea of merging 2 SportAccord bodies Updated: Nov-11-15 2:22 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - International sports federations agreed Wednesday to merge their umbrella body with the organization that runs a major industry convention.
- Swiss agree to extradite FIFA suspect Figueredo to Uruguay Updated: Nov-11-15 10:06 am
BERN, Switzerland - Switzerland's justice ministry says it has approved the extradition of FIFA investigation suspect Eugenio Figueredo to his native Uruguay, though the move is unlikely to happen.