- Russia: Iran deal ends need for missile defense Updated: Dec-04-13 7:37 am
- UN: 250,000 besieged in Syria, beyond reach of aid Updated: Dec-03-13 3:52 pm
- Deco appeals 1-year doping ban at sports court Updated: Dec-03-13 3:17 pm
- UN says widespread food aid cuts loom in Congo Updated: Dec-03-13 12:23 pm
- Israel admitted into advisory body to UN Updated: Dec-02-13 4:45 pm
- UN: Syria crimes evidence 'indicates' Assad role Updated: Dec-02-13 3:54 pm
- How Switzerland joined the World Cup seeded elite Updated: Dec-02-13 12:24 pm
- How Switzerland joined the World Cup seeded elite Updated: Dec-02-13 8:32 am
- Syrian opposition splintered ahead of peace talks Updated: Dec-02-13 2:34 am
- Sweden wins women's title at Europeans Updated: Nov-30-13 2:55 pm
- Iran nuclear deal hits gas pedal for carmakers Updated: Nov-30-13 10:59 am
- Swiss banks cleared to take part in US tax deal Updated: Nov-29-13 12:06 pm
- Lausanne, Brasov bid for 2020 Winter Youth Games Updated: Nov-28-13 11:44 am
- Iran hard-liners criticize Geneva deal Updated: Nov-27-13 1:58 pm
- Iran deal gives UN more - but not full - overview Updated: Nov-27-13 11:44 am
- Gianluca Zambrotta to coach Swiss club Chiasso Updated: Nov-27-13 10:50 am
- 5 things to know about the Europa League Updated: Nov-27-13 10:46 am
- France seeks tycoon's extradition from Switzerland Updated: Nov-27-13 10:32 am
- IOC gives Egypt 1 year to adapt sports legislation Updated: Nov-27-13 10:10 am
- Chelsea qualifies despite 1-0 loss at Basel Updated: Nov-26-13 6:18 pm
- Talks on global free-trade deal collapse in Geneva Updated: Nov-26-13 5:16 pm
- Obama, Senate spar over new Iran sanctions threats Updated: Nov-26-13 4:22 pm
- Iran: Israel isolated after Geneva deal Updated: Nov-26-13 3:56 pm
- Analysis: Nuclear deal faces hard-line test Updated: Nov-26-13 1:31 pm
- Syria talks aim to build on momentum of Iran deal Updated: Nov-25-13 5:41 pm
BRUSSELS - An international deal aimed at preventing Iran from developing nuclear weapons will in the long run eliminate any need for a missile defense system in Europe, Russia's foreign minister said Wednesday.
UNITED NATIONS - An estimated 250,000 people in besieged communities in Syria remain beyond the reach of aid, the U.N, humanitarian chief said Tuesday in a closed-door Security Council briefing that one member called "chilling."
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Former Portugal playmaker Deco has asked sport's highest court to overturn his one-year ban for doping.
GENEVA - Food aid is being cut back in Congo due to lack of funding that could affect hundreds of thousands of hungry people, the World Food Program said Tuesday.
GENEVA - The U.S. and other Western countries have admitted Israel into an informal group in Geneva that will provide it with some influence before the U.N. top human rights body, officials said Monday.
GENEVA - A growing body of evidence collected by U.N. investigators points to the involvement of senior Syrian officials, including President Bashar Assad, in crimes against humanity and war crimes, the U.N.'s top human rights official said Monday.
GENEVA - There is one certainty among many possibilities offered by the World Cup draw Friday: Most teams want to be in Switzerland's group.
GENEVA - There is one certainty among many possibilities offered by the World Cup draw on Friday: Most teams want to be in Switzerland's group.
BEIRUT - Within minutes of opening a Twitter account this past week, the leader of Syria's main Western-backed opposition group received an onslaught of criticism.
STAVANGER, Norway - Sweden warmed up for the Winter Olympics in Sochi in February by beating Scotland 10-5 to win the women's title at the European Curling Championship on Saturday, and Switzerland defeated host nation Norway to capture gold in the men's tournament.
TEHRAN, Iran - The nuclear deal struck by Iran and six world powers will put more rubber on the road in the Islamic Republic.
GENEVA - The Swiss government says it has cleared the first batch of banks to cooperate with U.S. authorities under a deal to stem tax evasion.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The IOC's home city of Lausanne is competing with Brasov, Romania, to host the 2020 Winter Youth Olympics.
TEHRAN, Iran - Hard-line Iranian lawmakers criticized a nuclear deal reached in Geneva last week, with one calling it a "poisoned chalice," but a majority of deputies who spoke Wednesday in a parliamentary hearing on the accord backed an initiative that appears to enjoy both wide public support and the endorsement of top clerics.
VIENNA - The U.N. will probably not begin expanded inspections under last weekend's Iranian nuclear deal until early next year, officials said Wednesday. Even then, they will be limited to sites the Iranians have confirmed and not those critics suspect may exist secretly.
CHIASSO, Switzerland - Italian World Cup-winning defender Gianluca Zambrotta has been promoted to player-coach at struggling Swiss second-tier club Chiasso.
LONDON - Several teams have already ensured their passage into the next round of the Europa League, so now first place in the group is the target.
GENEVA - France has asked Switzerland to extradite a wealthy Israeli businessman wanted in connection with an arms trafficking scandal, Swiss officials said Wednesday.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The IOC has given Egypt one year to bring its sports legislation into line with Olympic standards.
BASEL, Switzerland - Chelsea qualified for the knockout stages of the Champions League despite losing 1-0 to Basel on Tuesday after a late strike by Mohamed Salah gave the Swiss side a deserved victory.
GENEVA - Negotiators came close but failed Tuesday to clinch a free-trade deal that could have helped boost the world economy by $1 trillion a year and cleared the way for a broader global agreement.
WASHINGTON - An agreement secured with its greatest global foe, the Obama administration pleaded Tuesday with a more familiar if often difficult negotiating partner not to scuttle last weekend's Iran nuclear deal: Congress.
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's President Hassan Rouhani says Israel has become isolated after his country and world powers reached a historical deal on Tehran's nuclear program.
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Even before Iran's envoys could pack their bags in Geneva after wrapping up a first-step nuclear deal with world powers, President Hassan Rouhani was opening a potentially tougher diplomatic front: selling the give-and-take to his country's powerful insider interests led by the Revolutionary Guard.
BEIRUT - Within 24 hours of an interim deal aimed at reining in Iran's nuclear program, world powers raised hopes Monday for the first face-to-face talks to end the Syrian civil war as the United Nations called the warring parties to the table.