- The Latest: UN: Bombing of Aleppo among worst of Syrian war Updated: May-04-16 3:08 pm
DAMASCUS, Syria - The Latest on Syria's civil war (all times local):
- Albania midfielder Xhaka injured during Basel title win Updated: May-04-16 9:02 am
BASEL, Switzerland - Swiss champion Basel says Albania midfielder Taulant Xhaka has a leg injury and will be out of action for "several weeks."
- FIFA prosecutors want life ban for Webb in bribery case Updated: May-04-16 7:48 am
ZURICH - FIFA ethics prosecutors want a life ban imposed on former FIFA vice president Jeffrey Webb, who has pleaded guilty to racketeering charges in the United States.
- Swiss defense chief says hackers targeted his ministry Updated: May-04-16 7:10 am
BERLIN - Switzerland's defense minister says his department was targeted by hackers in January and is indicating that the motive was industrial espionage.
- The Latest: UN Security Council to hold meeting on Aleppo Updated: May-03-16 10:02 pm
BEIRUT - The Latest on Syria's civil war and the escalating violence in the contested northern city of Aleppo (all times local):
- UCI to test thousands of race bicycles for hidden motors Updated: May-03-16 1:35 pm
AIGLE, Switzerland - The International Cycling Union plans to test thousands of bicycles for hidden motors, including at the Tour de France and Rio de Janeiro Olympics.
- UN experts: Human rights in Flint may have been violated Updated: May-03-16 1:13 pm
GENEVA - Residents of Flint, Michigan, may have had their human rights violated because of a lack of regular access to safe drinking water over the past two years, U.N. experts said Tuesday.
- UN rights experts criticize Chinese law on foreign NGOs Updated: May-03-16 12:56 pm
BERLIN - U.N. human rights experts have called on China to repeal a law tightening controls over foreign non-governmental organizations by subjecting them to close police supervision.
- Profits sagged at Swiss bank UBS as clients held back Updated: May-03-16 9:53 am
FRANKFURT, Germany - Swiss bank UBS Group AG says first-quarter profits dropped as turbulent markets and global economic and political uncertainty deterred clients from doing business.
- Kosovo elected as UEFA member in 28-24 vote Updated: May-03-16 9:07 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Kosovo was given UEFA membership Tuesday, and could now be fast-tracked into FIFA and the 2018 World Cup qualifying program.
- Solar plane on global trip arrives in Arizona Updated: May-03-16 1:04 am
GOODYEAR, Arizona - A solar-powered airplane landed in suburban Phoenix Monday night after a daylong flight from California - the latest leg in its around the world journey using only energy from the sun.
- The Latest: Solar plane lands in suburban Phoenix Updated: May-03-16 12:24 am
GOODYEAR, Arizona - The Latest on the flight of a solar-powered airplane from California to Arizona in an attempt to circumnavigate the globe (all times local):
- Sports court orders FIFA to admit Gibraltar as member Updated: May-02-16 11:34 am
GENEVA - FIFA has been ordered by sport's highest court to accept Gibraltar as a member, opening the national team's path to play in the 2018 World Cup qualifying program.
- Kerry seeks path to calm in Syria, holds talks in Geneva Updated: May-02-16 10:32 am
GENEVA - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry on Monday said "several proposals" aimed at finding a way to restore at least a partial truce in Syria are being discussed, amid continuing attacks in the city of Aleppo.
- US once again forced to turn to Russia for help on Syria Updated: May-01-16 4:15 pm
GENEVA - Scrambling to resuscitate a nearly dead truce in Syria, the Obama administration has again been forced to turn to Russia for help, with little hope for the desired U.S. outcome.
- Quintana wins Tour of Romandie; Albasini gets stage win Updated: May-01-16 9:15 am
GENEVA - Nairo Quintana protected his overall lead to win the Tour of Romandie on Sunday after a final stage won by race specialist Michael Albasini.
- Last-place Leafs win NHL draft lottery; Jets jump to 2nd Updated: Apr-30-16 9:58 pm
Brendan Shanahan went online to try the NHL draft lottery simulator just once, and was excited to see the Toronto Maple Leafs win the first pick.
- Pop went the weasel and down went the Large Hadron Collider Updated: Apr-29-16 5:39 pm
GENEVA - It's one of the physics world's most complex machines, and it has been immobilized - temporarily - by a weasel.
- Rio Olympic flame visits UN office in Geneva Updated: Apr-29-16 12:56 pm
GENEVA - The Olympic flame for the Rio de Janeiro Games came to the United Nations in Geneva on Friday, where officials said a team of refugee athletes will bring a message of hope for refugees around the world.
- Platini to find out by May 9 if CAS appeal is successful Updated: Apr-29-16 11:27 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Michel Platini will discover by May 9 if he has overturned a six-year ban from FIFA over a $2 million payment approved by Sepp Blatter.
- UN: More aid deliveries in Syria, but people still starving Updated: Apr-28-16 7:16 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. humanitarian chief warned Thursday that despite increased aid deliveries in Syria, people are still starving without medical care and said the world should be "ashamed" at the devastating human toll in five years of "senseless" fighting.
- Cologne attacks suspect nabbed in Switzerland Updated: Apr-28-16 12:15 pm
BERLIN - A Moroccan man wanted in connection with the New Year's attacks in Cologne has been arrested in Switzerland.
- UK: Jet incident near Heathrow did not involve drone Updated: Apr-28-16 6:37 am
LONDON - A British Airways jet reported to have hit an object as it came in to land at Heathrow Airport this month did not strike a drone as first thought, the British government said Thursday.
- Russia asks UN to blacklist 2 powerful Syrian rebel groups Updated: Apr-27-16 11:53 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Russia said Wednesday it has asked the U.N. Security Council to blacklist two powerful Syrian rebel groups that it considers "terrorist organizations," one which is playing a key role in political negotiations aimed at ending the five-year conflict.
- Russian track team could return at European Championships Updated: Apr-27-16 12:22 pm
GENEVA - If reinstated in June, Russia could still compete at the European track championships in July, the head of European Athletics said Wednesday after meeting senior officials in Moscow.