- UK company fined for misleading Australians over painkillers Updated: Apr-29-16 12:12 am
SYDNEY - An Australian court ordered a British consumer goods company on Friday to pay 1.7 million Australian dollars ($1.3 million) in penalties after ruling that the company misled consumers about the effectiveness of a popular painkiller.
- British Cycling confirm unnamed rider tests positive Updated: Apr-28-16 6:42 pm
LONDON - British Cycling says an unnamed rider has tested positive in a race.
- Markets Right Now: Tech, energy stocks lead a broad decline Updated: Apr-28-16 4:16 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on financial markets. All times local.
- Egypt tries to divert eyes to citizen who died in London Updated: Apr-28-16 3:23 pm
CAIRO - Under scrutiny in Europe over its handling of investigations into the torture death of an Italian student in Cairo, Egyptian authorities sought to deflect attention Thursday toward the fate of a British-Egyptian man who died in a London fire.
- UK police charge 3 with terrorism offenses in Birmingham Updated: Apr-28-16 2:04 pm
LONDON - British police on Thursday charged two men and a woman from Birmingham with terrorism-related offenses in a probe that began after the deadly extremist attacks on Paris and Brussels.
- Families of Hillsborough stadium victims sue British police Updated: Apr-28-16 1:00 pm
LONDON - Lawyers representing some of the families of 96 soccer fans crushed to death in a U.K. soccer stadium in 1989 have filed a civil suit against two British police forces, alleging misuse of power in office.
- Season over for Tottenham's Alli after receiving 3 match ban Updated: Apr-28-16 12:28 pm
LONDON - Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli's season is over after being banned for three matches for punching an opponent.
- British officials deny reports of security breach Updated: Apr-28-16 12:22 pm
LONDON - British officials have admitted that a computer system used to screen for extremists crashed briefly but deny newspaper claims that national security was compromised.
- Agbonlahor quits as captain of relegated Aston Villa Updated: Apr-28-16 12:04 pm
BIRMINGHAM, England - Gabby Agbonlahor has quit as Aston Villa captain and apologized for his off-field conduct.
- Lucian Freud portrait could fetch $29 million at Christie's Updated: Apr-28-16 11:19 am
LONDON - Christie's is selling a Lucian Freud painting of his pregnant daughter as part of a sale representing centuries of British portraiture.
- Bargain-buys, cast-offs driving Leicester's pursuit of title Updated: Apr-28-16 11:13 am
LEICESTER, England - They are the bargain-buys and cast-offs from bigger clubs now on the verge of becoming Premier League champions.
- From King Richard III to cheese: Leicester away from soccer Updated: Apr-28-16 11:12 am
LEICESTER, England - There's more to Leicester than its soccer team. Before Leicester staged its improbable bid to win the Premier League, the city in central England was better known for other reasons.
- UK's Labour suspends ex-London mayor in anti-Semitism row Updated: Apr-28-16 9:37 am
LONDON - Britain's main opposition Labour Party, facing growing criticism over perceived anti-Semitism in its ranks, suspended former London Mayor Ken Livingstone on Thursday over his comments in defense of a lawmaker who made anti-Israel posts on social media.
- Eurozone poised for higher growth in first quarter Updated: Apr-28-16 7:20 am
LONDON - With a heated debate raging over the merits of the European Central Bank's stimulus measures, it's been easy to overlook the fact that the eurozone economy has been growing steadily for a couple of years now - and looks poised to keep expanding in 2016.
- British Court rejects bid from expats for voting rights Updated: Apr-28-16 6:41 am
LONDON - A British court has ruled that Britons who have lived abroad for more than 15 years do not have the right to vote in the June 23 referendum on Britain's continued membership in the European Union.
- UK: Jet incident near Heathrow did not involve drone Updated: Apr-28-16 6:37 am
LONDON - A British Airways jet reported to have hit an object as it came in to land at Heathrow Airport this month did not strike a drone as first thought, the British government said Thursday.
- Defense publisher leaving Hong Kong over safety concerns Updated: Apr-28-16 3:25 am
BEIJING - The publisher of a leading magazine on Chinese and regional defense issues says he's leaving Hong Kong out of concern he could be targeted by China's state security bodies, a further sign of how Beijing's growing presence is chilling the political atmosphere in the territory.
- Britain's Olympic cycling coach resigns over comments Updated: Apr-27-16 2:07 pm
MANCHESTER, England - One of the key figures behind Britain's successful Olympic cycling team resigned on Wednesday, soon after being suspended by the national governing body for allegedly making discriminatory remarks to riders.
- Ronaldo remains doubtful for 2nd leg against Man City Updated: Apr-27-16 1:53 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid has been keeping quiet about Cristiano Ronaldo's injury, and his presence in the second leg of the Champions League semifinals is likely to remain a mystery until just before next week's game against Manchester City.
- Tyson Fury teases Wladimir Klitschko ahead of rematch Updated: Apr-27-16 11:22 am
MANCHESTER, England - Tyson Fury removed his T-shirt, turned to Wladimir Klitschko, pointed to his flabby belly and blurted out: "Shame on you, you let a fat man beat you."
- Brown-Forman to acquire 3 single malt Scotch brands Updated: Apr-27-16 10:08 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Brown-Forman Corp., the producer of Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey, announced plans Wednesday to re-enter the single malt Scotch whisky market with an agreement to purchase The BenRiach Distillery Co. of Scotland along with three brands.
- GSK sees rise in sales of vaccines, healthcare products Updated: Apr-27-16 9:21 am
LONDON - Pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline says higher sales of vaccines and consumer healthcare products pushed up its earnings from core business by 19 percent in the first quarter.
- Economic watchdog warns on UK leaving European Union Updated: Apr-27-16 6:15 am
LONDON - The head of the global economic forum OECD warned Britain that leaving the European Union would be tantamount to taxing its citizens - another in a growing cavalcade of cautionary advice ahead of a June 23 referendum on membership in the 28-nation bloc.
- Barclays plc reports 1Q profit fell 7 percent. Updated: Apr-27-16 4:18 am
LONDON - Barclays plc said Wednesday that first-quarter earnings fell 7 percent, dragged down by businesses it intends to sell.
- Without Ronaldo, Madrid holds City 0-0 in Champions League Updated: Apr-26-16 6:15 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Real Madrid failed to turn late domination into a goal without the injured Cristiano Ronaldo as Manchester City held on for a 0-0 draw in the first leg of their Champions League semifinal on Tuesday.