- China residents drink pesticide in Beijing protest Updated: Dec-11-13 7:20 am
- Markets sluggish despite seeming US budget deal Updated: Dec-11-13 6:28 am
- Japan panel urges strong military amid China rise Updated: Dec-11-13 5:17 am
- Farmers' market fire in China's Shenzhen kills 16 Updated: Dec-11-13 4:34 am
- Kerry, Congress spar over Iran nuclear deal Updated: Dec-10-13 4:55 pm
- Bach: Russia to set up protest zones in Sochi Updated: Dec-10-13 2:17 pm
- China November auto sales up 16 percent Updated: Dec-10-13 6:20 am
- Chinese law professor expelled over article Updated: Dec-10-13 5:42 am
- Economic experiment shows limits of NKorean change Updated: Dec-10-13 5:34 am
- China says it hopes for stability in North Korea Updated: Dec-10-13 4:50 am
- US calls for release of Nobel laureate Liu Xiaobo Updated: Dec-10-13 4:46 am
- BMW on course for full-year sales record Updated: Dec-10-13 4:41 am
- Chinese-Brazilian satellite fails to enter orbit Updated: Dec-09-13 8:37 am
- China says SKorea's expanded air zone regrettable Updated: Dec-09-13 7:28 am
- Dalai Lama to miss Mandela memorial in SAfrica Updated: Dec-09-13 6:02 am
- MTSU president honored in Beijing Updated: Dec-09-13 5:05 am
- China withholds visas for NYT, Bloomberg reporters Updated: Dec-09-13 3:42 am
- China November inflation declines Updated: Dec-08-13 9:37 pm
- US vet held in N. Korea says he was comfortable Updated: Dec-08-13 7:16 pm
- Jimenez wins 4th Hong Kong title in playoff Updated: Dec-08-13 10:50 am
- Analysis: Crises in Asia let Biden show US resolve Updated: Dec-08-13 10:04 am
- SKorea expands air defense zone after Chinese move Updated: Dec-08-13 5:56 am
- China's import growth weakens Updated: Dec-08-13 12:17 am
- Japan seeks intl action vs. China's new air zone Updated: Dec-08-13 12:04 am
- Chinese-US school program in Wis. hits delays Updated: Dec-07-13 7:08 pm
BEIJING - A dozen people protesting the demolition of their homes in central China drank pesticide in Beijing in a desperate bid for attention that underscores the failures of a decades-old petitioning system.
LONDON - Financial markets were sluggish Wednesday as investors remained focused on the prospect of a reduction in the U.S.'s monetary stimulus.
TOKYO - A near-final draft of a new Japanese national security strategy calls for a stronger military to deal with a rising China and other growing risks close to home.
BEIJING - An overnight fire at a farmers' market in the southern Chinese city of Shenzhen killed at least 16 people and injured five others, local authorities said Wednesday.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration and Congress clashed Tuesday over the historic nuclear deal with Iran, exposing deep rifts over a U.S. pledge to refrain from any new sanctions over the next six months in exchange for concessions on enriching uranium. The disagreement could have broad consequences for the U.S. diplomatic effort to prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - IOC President Thomas Bach said Russia will set up public protest zones in Sochi during the Winter Olympics, a move unlikely to defuse criticism of the country's human rights record and a recent law banning gay "propaganda."
BEIJING - China's auto sales rose 16 percent in November as Japanese automakers extended a rebound in the world's biggest vehicle market, an industry group reported Tuesday.
BEIJING - A Chinese law professor said Tuesday that he has been expelled from his college after he refused to recant an article he wrote calling for constitutional rule in China.
RAJIN, North Korea - Many of the ways in which this dusty, windswept area differs from most of North Korea are easiest to see at night.
BEIJING - China, North Korea's most important ally, said Tuesday it wants friendly relations and hopes for stability in its neighbor following the purging of a top official considered close to Beijing.
BEIJING - Five years after his detention, the United States is calling for the release of Chinese Nobel Peace Prize winner Liu Xiaobo and an end to his wife's undeclared house arrest.
BERLIN - Car maker BMW AG says its sales were up 2.7 percent in November compared with a year earlier, putting the company on course for a record year thanks to strong demand in China and the U.S.
BEIJING - A satellite jointly developed by China and Brazil failed to enter orbit after the rocket carrying it malfunctioned after launch on Monday, state media reported.
BEIJING - China expressed regret on Monday over South Korea's expansion of its air defense zone, which partially overlaps a similar zone declared by Beijing.
NEW DELHI - The Dalai Lama will not attend memorial services for fellow Nobel Peace Prize laureate Nelson Mandela in South Africa, where the Buddhist spiritual leader has twice been unable to obtain a visa, a spokesman said Monday.
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - Middle Tennessee State University President Sidney McPhee was recently honored in Beijing.
BEIJING - Chinese authorities have been withholding residence visas for reporters working for The New York Times and Bloomberg in apparent retaliation for the agencies' investigative stories on wealth accumulated by leaders' families.
BEIJING - China's inflation edged down in November, giving Beijing more room to ease monetary policy and stimulate the economy if needed.
SAN FRANCISCO - A day after arriving home to California, the 85-year-old U.S. veteran detained for weeks by North Korea said Sunday that he was well-fed and kept comfortable in a hotel room, not a jail cell.
HONG KONG - Miguel Angel Jimenez clinched the Hong Kong Open in a playoff Sunday, extending his record as the oldest player to win on the European Tour.
SEOUL, South Korea - As Vice President Joe Biden left for Asia on a mission to reinforce America's determination to be a major Pacific player, a regional crisis over disputed airspace threatened to drown out his message.
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea on Sunday announced an expansion of its air defense zone following China's move to establish a similar zone that has been criticized by Beijing's neighbors.
BEIJING - China's November exports accelerated but import growth slumped in a sign the recovery of the world's second-largest economy might be slowing.
TACLOBAN, Philippines - Japan's defense minister called on the international community Sunday to oppose China's recently declared maritime air defense zone over the East China Sea and possibly over the disputed South China Sea.
PITTSVILLE, Wisconsin - A program in which a central Wisconsin high school district planned to partner with a Chinese school has been delayed due to issues with the Chinese government.