- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help Updated: Apr-20-14 11:58 am
- Automakers unveil China-focused models in Beijing Updated: Apr-20-14 11:07 am
- GM boosting China production capacity to 5 million Updated: Apr-20-14 10:52 am
- Ferrari's Alonso: 'We're still in the fight' Updated: Apr-20-14 9:50 am
- Hamilton wins third straight F1 race at Chinese GP Updated: Apr-20-14 8:56 am
- Japan minister at shrine honoring war criminals Updated: Apr-19-14 10:46 pm
- Fiat and Chrysler to build 3 Jeep models in China Updated: Apr-19-14 1:38 pm
- Vettel hoping for resurgence at Chinese GP Updated: Apr-19-14 7:17 am
- 4 questions about missing Malaysian plane answered Updated: Apr-19-14 2:19 am
- Chinese trade group to mediate shoe factory strike Updated: Apr-18-14 7:28 am
- 7 die in shooting at China-Vietnam border Updated: Apr-18-14 7:25 am
- Asia stocks rise in abbreviated trading Updated: Apr-18-14 5:13 am
- China says one-fifth of its farmland is polluted Updated: Apr-18-14 4:34 am
- UN Security Council meets on rights in North Korea Updated: Apr-17-14 7:41 pm
- Rio Mayor says no sports 'mausoleum' like Beijing Updated: Apr-17-14 4:15 pm
- China factories face new challenge as growth slows Updated: Apr-17-14 9:52 am
- China says man tried to seize weapons in Xinjiang Updated: Apr-17-14 9:19 am
- Chairman of China conglomerate being investigated Updated: Apr-17-14 8:58 am
- Ford to sell Lincoln cars in China for first time Updated: Apr-17-14 6:52 am
- IBM posts lower 1Q earnings amid hardware slump Updated: Apr-16-14 8:21 pm
- Brazil unveils $11 billion in 'legacy' budget Updated: Apr-16-14 6:20 pm
- Gap outlines growth plans for China Updated: Apr-16-14 5:32 pm
- Pohang into 2nd round in Asian Champions League Updated: Apr-16-14 3:36 pm
- If filed, plane lawsuits might not get heard in US Updated: Apr-16-14 5:29 am
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q Updated: Apr-16-14 5:28 am
PERTH, Australia - A Malaysian official met Sunday with relatives of passengers who were aboard the missing jetliner and discussed ways of providing them with financial assistance, as an unmanned submarine continued its search for any signs of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370.
BEIJING - Ford Motor Co. on Sunday unveiled a new Escort sedan designed in China for global sale at a Beijing auto show that highlighted the growing influence of Chinese tastes on the industry.
BEIJING - The president of General Motors said Sunday that the company and local partners are boosting production capacity for GM-brand vehicles in China to 5 million.
SHANGHAI - Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso said his struggling team is "still in the fight" after he finally got on the podium for the first time this season, finishing third at the Chinese Grand Prix.
SHANGHAI - Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton captured his third straight Formula One race with ease on Sunday, leading from start to finish to win the Chinese Grand Prix.
TOKYO - A Japanese Cabinet minister on Sunday visited a Tokyo shrine that honors the dead including war criminals, in what has repeatedly caused friction with Japan's neighbors.
ROME - Fiat and Chrysler announced plans Saturday to build three new Jeep models in China for that market, the biggest for the vehicles outside the United States, as they attempt to boost sales in a country where they lag behind their competitors.
SHANGHAI - Given how he finished last season, Sebastian Vettel's start to the 2014 F1 campaign has been humbling, to say the least.
Travelers at Asian airports have asked questions about the March 8 disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 while en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. Here are some of them, followed by answers.
BEIJING - Chinese police hauled away dozens of workers Friday to break up a march on a factory complex targeted by tens of thousands of laborers striking against the world's largest maker of athletic shoes, while a government trade union said it would mediate the labor dispute.
HANOI, Vietnam - A Chinese man who was being repatriated from Vietnam along with 15 other migrants seized a gun from a border guard on Friday, triggering a gunfight and standoff in which five Chinese and two Vietnamese guards died, Vietnam's government said.
BEIJING - Asian stocks were mostly higher in trading muted by Good Friday observance.
BEIJING - Faced with growing public anger about a poisonous environment, China's government released a yearslong study that shows nearly one-fifth of the country's farmland is contaminated with toxic metals, a stunning indictment of unfettered industrialization under the Communist Party's authoritarian rule.
UNITED NATIONS - The head of the commission of inquiry that accused North Korea of crimes against humanity told the U.N. Security Council on Thursday that it must take action against "a totalitarian state without parallel in the contemporary world," and he told reporters that most council members "expressly said" the matter should be referred to the International Criminal Court.
RIO DE JANEIRO - Rio de Janeiro Mayor Eduardo Paes is viewed as the key person to speed up the city's delayed Olympics Games preparations. He has been the point man when all three levels of Brazilian government have debated expenditures for the 2016 Games.
HONG KONG - As China's growth inexorably slows, manufacturers such as Linan Meite Cable are discovering that being an efficient low-cost producer is no longer enough to prosper.
BEIJING - A youth killed by police in the restive Xinjiang region last weekend was trying to seize weapons, China said Thursday in a state media report that said at least one person who spread a sharply different account of the youth's death would be jailed.
BEIJING - China's ruling Communist Party says the chairman of a massive state-owned conglomerate is being investigated on suspicion of corruption, nine months after the government audited the company.
BEIJING - Ford Motor Co. said Thursday it will sell high-end Lincoln cars in China for the first time later this year when it opens eight dealerships in seven cities.
NEW YORK - IBM's first-quarter earnings fell and revenue came in below Wall Street's expectations amid an ongoing decline in its hardware business, one that was exacerbated by weaker demand in China and emerging markets.
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazilian government officials announced Wednesday that almost $11 billion (24.1 billion Brazilian reals) will be spent on major transportation and environmental projects, which they argue are not related to holding the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics.
NEW YORK - Gap Inc. announced Wednesday it plans to more than triple sales in China in three years as it seeks to grab a bigger piece of the overall $1.4 trillion global clothing market.
OSAKA, Japan - South Korean club Pohang Steelers beat Japan's Cerezo Osaka 2-0 to secure a second-round spot in the Asian Champions League on Wednesday.
BEIJING - Since Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 went missing, some lawyers have claimed they can get several millions of dollars in damages for each lost passenger by taking the cases to the United States. But past lawsuits show U.S. federal courts are more likely to throw such cases out if the crashes happened overseas.
BEIJING - China's economic growth slowed further in the latest quarter but appeared strong enough to satisfy Chinese leaders who are trying to put the country on a more sustainable path without politically dangerous job losses.