- El Salvador looks at ex-president, Taiwan donation Updated: Dec-03-13 8:40 pm
- Editorial: Biden's Far East trip assumes new importance Updated: Dec-03-13 5:18 pm
- Envoy says China has right to set another air zone Updated: Dec-02-13 10:43 pm
- Cyr: China's power grab prompts U.S. bomber flight Updated: Nov-29-13 10:46 am
- Taiwan lawmakers denounce China air defense zone Updated: Nov-29-13 8:04 am
- Tiananmen leader denied in bid to return to China Updated: Nov-25-13 8:52 am
- 3 films split Golden Horse honors Updated: Nov-23-13 12:14 pm
- LPGA Tour adds 4 tournaments to 2014 schedule Updated: Nov-22-13 2:06 pm
- Taiwan's Ma says no rush on China political talks Updated: Nov-21-13 11:43 pm
- Gambia breaks relations with surprised Taiwan Updated: Nov-15-13 10:53 am
- Bird flu strain infects human for 1st time Updated: Nov-14-13 5:22 am
- Ang Lee sees clout of Chinese film awards growing Updated: Nov-12-13 5:50 am
- Chiang relative on bail after Taiwan school threat Updated: Nov-08-13 5:35 am
- Taiwan, Singapore sign trade deal Updated: Nov-07-13 6:46 am
SAN SALVADOR, El Salvador - El Salvador's president has asked the attorney general to investigate a $10 million donation that Taiwan made 10 years ago to the Salvadoran government during the administration of then-President Francisco Flores.
Vice President Joe Biden is not noted for his diplomatic skills. He is, however, noted for being plain-spoken, even disconcertingly blunt. He may need the latter trait more than the former during his current week-long tour of East Asia.
MANILA, Philippines - China has a sovereign right to establish a maritime air defense zone over another region as it did in the East China Sea, the Chinese envoy to the Philippines said.
China has made an ominous move in claiming sovereignty over the air, and the Obama administration has appropriately responded with B-52 bombers.
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Taiwan's legislature attacked China's newly declared air defense zone on Friday, with lawmakers demanding in an unusual joint statement that President Ma Ying-jeou's government lodge a "stern protest" with Beijing.
HONG KONG - The second most-wanted student leader from the 1989 Tiananmen Square pro-democracy protests was turned back from Hong Kong on Monday in his latest attempt to surrender to Chinese authorities and return home.
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Films from Singapore, Hong Kong and Taiwan split the honors Saturday at Taiwan's 50th Golden Horse movie awards, the Chinese-language equivalent of the Oscars.
NAPLES, Florida - The LPGA Tour continued its turnaround Friday by announcing a 2014 schedule that adds four new tournaments, doesn't have any breaks longer than two weeks off and offers average prize money of $1.75 million.
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Taiwan's president said Friday that the democratic island is in no rush to enter into substantive political talks with mainland China, despite a call to do so by Chinese leader Xi Jinping.
TAIPEI, Taiwan - The West African nation of Gambia has cut off diplomatic ties with a surprised Taiwan, but China said Friday it had no prior knowledge of the move that now leaves Taiwan with a handful of allies around the world.
LONDON - A strain of bird flu that scientists thought could not infect people has shown up in a Taiwanese woman, a nasty surprise that shows scientists must do more to spot worrisome flu strains before they ignite a global outbreak, doctors say.
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Academy Award-winning director Ang Lee believes the modest clout of the premier awards for Chinese-language films will grow as the market for such films increases.
TAIPEI, Taiwan - The great-grandson of Taiwanese leader Chiang Kai-shek has been charged with making threats against people at his former school, but he said Friday his comments were related to boxing practice.
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Taiwan on Thursday signed a trade deal with Singapore, part of the island's efforts to reduce reliance on the Chinese market.