- AP Interview: Jihadi head says Gaza groups growing Updated: Mar-09-14 2:35 pm
- Arab envoys say no to Israel as Jewish state Updated: Mar-09-14 2:04 pm
- Israel: 40 rockets in alleged Iranian shipment Updated: Mar-09-14 2:01 pm
- Fatah: Hamas violently breaks up rally in Gaza Updated: Mar-09-14 5:13 am
- Stern Israeli airport security measures questioned Updated: Mar-08-14 10:59 am
- Abbas: No recognition of Israel as Jewish state Updated: Mar-07-14 2:05 pm
- Gaza militants deny involvement in arms shipment Updated: Mar-07-14 11:05 am
- Abbas aide: Extension of Mideast talks unlikely Updated: Mar-06-14 1:07 pm
- Israel tightens grip on heart of West Bank Updated: Mar-05-14 2:11 am
- US activist says Egypt police assaulted her Updated: Mar-04-14 3:55 pm
- Netanyahu to Abbas: 'Recognize the Jewish state' Updated: Mar-04-14 3:54 pm
- Obama: Tough choices nearing in Mideast talks Updated: Mar-03-14 4:10 pm
- Gaza public workers say Hamas not paying salaries Updated: Mar-03-14 9:14 am
- Japan pledges $200 million in aid for Palestinians Updated: Mar-01-14 9:53 am
- Dahlan, exiled Palestinian leader, builds comeback Updated: Feb-28-14 5:29 am
- Group says assailants attack Gaza Catholic church Updated: Feb-27-14 2:08 pm
- Obama to meet Palestinian President Abbas in March Updated: Feb-27-14 11:03 am
- Rise in killings of Palestinian women by relatives Updated: Feb-26-14 12:56 pm
- Israeli police enter holy site to disperse clash Updated: Feb-25-14 8:11 pm
- Palestinian film spotlights Israeli Arab identity Updated: Feb-25-14 3:28 pm
- Israeli demand sparks 'Jewish state' debate Updated: Feb-21-14 3:28 am
- Kerry 'determined' to get Middle East peace deal Updated: Feb-20-14 4:11 pm
- Kerry, in Paris, pushes for Mideast peace outline Updated: Feb-19-14 12:40 pm
- For Israel, it's all about the population figures Updated: Feb-18-14 1:56 pm
- Israel's Netanyahu calls boycotters 'anti-Semites' Updated: Feb-17-14 3:35 pm
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - A leader of one of Gaza's secretive jihadi groups says the al-Qaida-inspired movement now has several thousand armed fighters in the seaside strip, posing a formidable threat to both Israel and the area's Hamas rulers.
CAIRO - Arab foreign ministers on Sunday rejected Israel's demands that the Palestinians recognize it as a Jewish state, saying such a move would undermine the rights of Palestinian refugees.
EILAT, Israel - Israel's military says a cargo ship it intercepted in the Red Sea last week carried 40 rockets with a range of up to 160 kilometers (100 miles) and dozens of mortar shells.
JERUSALEM - Jack Angelides was about to board a flight out of Israel's international airport when he was given a curious choice that baffles him to this day. Traveling with a laptop and a stack of printed reading material, he was told to part with one or the other, due to unspecified security concerns.
RAMALLAH, West Bank - Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said there is "no way" he will recognize Israel as a Jewish state and accept a Palestinian capital in just a portion of Israeli-annexed east Jerusalem, rebuffing what Palestinians fear will be key elements of a U.S. peace proposal.
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - An Iranian-backed militant group in the Gaza Strip says it is not involved in a seized missile shipment that Israel says came from Iran and was destined for Gaza.
RAMALLAH, West Bank - Gaps between Israeli and Palestinian negotiators only have widened in seven months and an extension of talks appears unlikely after what is bound to be a missed April 29 deadline for a framework deal, an aide to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said Thursday.
LUBBAN AL-SHARKIYEH, West Bank - Ahmed Awais is desperate to get out of his parents' cramped home where he, his wife and three preschool children share one room, sleeping on mattresses on the floor.
CAIRO - The co-founder of U.S.-based anti-war group CodePink said Tuesday that Egyptian police detained her at Cairo's international airport when she tried to enter the country on route to the Gaza Strip and treated her roughly, fracturing her shoulder as they handcuffed her before deporting her.
WASHINGTON - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Tuesday that reassuring words from Iranian officials about not wanting nuclear weapons do not square with Tehran's actions - and that the international community needs to exert more pressure to deny Iran the capability of making nuclear arms.
WASHINGTON - Seeking to salvage an elusive Middle East peace plan, President Barack Obama pressed Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Monday to make the "tough decisions" needed to move forward on talks with the Palestinians.
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Palestinian civil servants called on the Gaza Strip's Hamas government Monday to pay them full salaries, the clearest sign yet that Egypt's blockade of the territory is making it increasingly difficult for the Islamic militants to govern.
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Japan pledged more than $200 million in aid Saturday to help the Palestinian Authority, as representatives from 22 nations reiterated their support of the Palestinians' quest for their own state.
RAMALLAH, West Bank - Fueled by millions in Gulf aid dollars that are his to distribute, an exiled Palestinian operative seems to be orchestrating a comeback that could position him as a potential successor to aging Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas.
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - A Palestinian rights group says assailants have attacked a Catholic church in the Gaza Strip.
WASHINGTON - Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas plans to meet with President Barack Obama next month to discuss Mideast peace talks. The meeting will occur two weeks after Obama is set to host Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House.
RAMALLAH, West Bank - A Gaza teen stabbed to death by her brother while she prayed in her room has become the latest addition to a grim statistic: Palestinian women killed by relatives, often for allegedly shaming the family.
JERUSALEM - Israeli police stormed a sensitive Jerusalem holy site Tuesday to disperse a violent protest there, hours before the Israeli parliament debated a nationalist lawmaker's motion to extend control over it.
JERUSALEM - In the Holy Land, the state of Palestine does not yet exist. But in Hollywood, it already has an Oscar finalist.
JERUSALEM - Is Israel "the Jewish state"?
JERUSALEM - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said he remained "committed" and "determined" to reaching a Middle East peace deal, but said in an interview aired Thursday that he understood Israeli fears and skepticism of its outcome.
PARIS - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is in Paris for talks aimed at reaching agreement on a framework for an Israeli-Palestinian peace deal.
RAMALLAH, West Bank - Palestinian construction worker Nael Yassin and his wife, Wafa, are the proud parents of a new baby girl - the fifth child for the couple in their early 30s.
JERUSALEM - It is time Israel fought back against those who boycott the Jewish state, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Monday, dubbing them "anti-Semites."