- Israel accuses Palestinians of politicizing in FIFA call Updated: May-05-15 3:39 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel's Football Association said Tuesday that Palestinians football officials are "injecting politics into sports" by calling on FIFA to suspend the Jewish state from world football.
- Hamas launches crackdown on Salafist groups in Gaza Strip Updated: May-05-15 11:49 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - The ruling Hamas militant group launched a crackdown Tuesday on radical Salafi groups following a series of unclaimed bombings in the Gaza Strip, arresting dozens of people and setting up military-type checkpoints.
- Israel veterans group alleges Israeli misconduct in Gaza war Updated: May-04-15 2:11 pm
JERUSALEM - An Israeli group that collects testimonies from combat soldiers published accounts Monday from last year's Gaza war alleging indiscriminate fire killed Palestinian civilians.
- Former President Jimmy Carter: Gaza situation 'intolerable' Updated: May-02-15 2:34 pm
JERUSALEM - Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter said Saturday that eight months after a bloody war in the Gaza Strip the situation there remains "intolerable."
- Israeli officials: Hamas military leader still alive Updated: Apr-30-15 2:34 pm
JERUSALEM - Israeli defense officials say they have concluded that Hamas' shadowy military chief is still alive - after an attempted Israeli assassination during last year's war in Gaza.
- Former US President Jimmy Carter cancels visit to Gaza Strip Updated: Apr-29-15 11:35 am
JERUSALEM - A delegation led by former U.S. President Jimmy Carter says it has called off a planned visit to the Gaza Strip.
- Hamas silences Gaza protest calling for Palestinian unity Updated: Apr-29-15 9:41 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Police forces of the Islamic militant group Hamas that rules the Gaza Strip suppressed a demonstration by local youth movements calling for it to mend ties with the rival Palestinian government in the West Bank.
- UN: Israeli military killed 44 Palestinians at UN shelters Updated: Apr-27-15 3:53 pm
UNITED NATIONS - A U.N. inquiry has found that at least 44 Palestinians were killed and at least 227 injured by direct mortar strikes and other "Israeli actions" while sheltering at U.N. locations during last year's Gaza war. The Palestinians said they would give the findings to the International Criminal Court.
- Rooftop restaurant provides rare bright spot in Gaza Updated: Apr-24-15 2:13 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - When nightfall descends upon Gaza, the glittering lights of the Level Up restaurant seem to be the only bright spot in this darkened city.
- Israeli researchers say attacks against Jews spiked in 2014 Updated: Apr-15-15 8:29 am
TEL AVIV, Israel - Jewish communities around the world faced an "explosion of hatred" last year, with the number of violent anti-Semitic attacks rising by 38 percent, according to a report released Wednesday by Israeli researchers.
- Hamas consolidates its grip on Gaza as reconstruction stalls Updated: Apr-14-15 11:08 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Eight months after a ruinous war with Israel, the reconstruction of Gaza has barely begun, and the Islamic militant group Hamas remains entrenched despite expectations that it cede some of its power to West Bank-based Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.
- Gaza police seize Banksy drawing amid ownership dispute Updated: Apr-09-15 12:50 pm
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Police in Gaza say they have seized a door bearing a drawing by British graffiti artist Bansky after the door's owner said he was tricked into selling it for less than $200.