- THE LATEST: Qataris defend integrity in 2022 World Cup bid Updated: May-29-15 8:18 am
ZURICH - The latest on FIFA developments:
- Senior Hamas official Abu Marzouk settling in Gaza for good Updated: May-27-15 9:47 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - A senior Hamas official says he is moving to the Gaza Strip for good, underscoring the gradual shift of the Islamic militant movement's power base from exile to the Palestinian territory.
- Israel defense minister: Islamic Jihad behind Gaza flare-up Updated: May-27-15 2:22 am
JERUSALEM - Israel's defense minister is blaming Islamic Jihad - a smaller Palestinian militant group in the Hamas-run Gaza Strip - for the latest rocket fired at Israel that drew retaliatory airstrikes overnight.
- Group: Hamas tortured, killed Palestinians in 2014 Gaza war Updated: May-26-15 11:10 pm
JERUSALEM - A leading international watchdog on Wednesday accused the militant Hamas group of abducting, torturing and killing Palestinians during the war in the Gaza Strip last year, saying some of the actions amount to war crimes.
- Egypt allows Gazans to return home through border crossing Updated: May-26-15 4:55 am
RAFAH, Gaza Strip - Egypt has opened its border with the Gaza Strip to allow stranded Palestinians to return home.
- Ex-Israeli Premier Olmert sentenced to 8 months in prison Updated: May-25-15 8:56 am
JERUSALEM - Former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert was sentenced Monday to eight months in prison for unlawfully accepting money from a U.S. supporter, capping the dramatic downfall of a man who only years earlier led the country and hoped to bring about a historic peace agreement with the Palestinians.
- World Bank: Gaza economy on 'verge of collapse' Updated: May-22-15 1:34 am
JERUSALEM - A new World Bank report warns that Gaza's economy is on the "verge of collapse."
- IMF says Gaza reconstruction moving slowly Updated: May-20-15 10:10 am
- Palestinian patients find help in Israeli hospital Updated: May-19-15 5:29 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - The bedroom of Palestinian siblings Ahmed and Hadeel Hamdan looks like a hospital ward, filled with beeping machines, monitors, solution bags and sterilizing fluids.
- Historic bathhouse offers respite from Gaza's hardships Updated: May-18-15 3:42 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - After dawn prayers in Gaza, a few dozen men descend a metal staircase to gather in the steamy confines of Hamam al-Sumara, a centuries-old bathhouse where residents of the isolated territory find respite and relief.
- Gaza officials: 'Dozens' wounded by blast at Hamas base Updated: May-14-15 1:32 pm
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Palestinian officials say dozens of people were injured when a bomb exploded at a training base used by the Islamic militant group Hamas, which rules the territory.
- ICC urges Israel to give material for preliminary Gaza probe Updated: May-13-15 2:07 am
UNITED NATIONS - The prosecutor of the International Criminal Court warned Israel Tuesday that if it doesn't provide reliable information for her preliminary probe into possible war crimes in Palestinian territories she may be forced to decide whether to launch a full-scale investigation based on Palestinian allegations.
- Egyptian authorities seize some assets of top soccer player Updated: May-08-15 12:38 pm
CAIRO - Egyptian authorities confiscated some assets of the nation's most popular soccer player over his suspected links to the country's banned Islamist group, the Muslim Brotherhood, an official said Friday.
- Analysis: New Netanyahu government headed for turmoil Updated: May-07-15 2:38 pm
JERUSALEM - Benjamin Netanyahu has managed to cobble together a government dominated by nationalist and religious allies, setting the stage for conflict with the Palestinians and much of the world and leaving Israel angrily divided.
- Israel accuses Palestinians of politicizing in FIFA call Updated: May-05-15 3:39 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel's Football Association said Tuesday that Palestinians football officials are "injecting politics into sports" by calling on FIFA to suspend the Jewish state from world football.
- Former President Jimmy Carter: Gaza situation 'intolerable' Updated: May-02-15 2:34 pm
JERUSALEM - Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter said Saturday that eight months after a bloody war in the Gaza Strip the situation there remains "intolerable."
- Israeli officials: Hamas military leader still alive Updated: Apr-30-15 2:34 pm
JERUSALEM - Israeli defense officials say they have concluded that Hamas' shadowy military chief is still alive - after an attempted Israeli assassination during last year's war in Gaza.
- Former US President Jimmy Carter cancels visit to Gaza Strip Updated: Apr-29-15 11:35 am
JERUSALEM - A delegation led by former U.S. President Jimmy Carter says it has called off a planned visit to the Gaza Strip.
- Hamas silences Gaza protest calling for Palestinian unity Updated: Apr-29-15 9:41 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Police forces of the Islamic militant group Hamas that rules the Gaza Strip suppressed a demonstration by local youth movements calling for it to mend ties with the rival Palestinian government in the West Bank.