- Israeli leader calls on world to condemn arson of synagogue Updated: Feb-07-16 6:40 am
JERUSALEM - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday called on the world to condemn a suspected arson attack against a makeshift synagogue in the West Bank where Jewish Torah scrolls were burned.
- Anger at Arab Israeli MPs who met relatives of attackers Updated: Feb-04-16 4:15 pm
JERUSALEM - Steps should be taken against three Arab members of Israel's parliament who met this week with families of Palestinians who committed deadly attacks against civilians and security personnel, Israel's prime minister said Thursday.
- UN chief reiterates Israel settlement criticism in NYT op-ed Updated: Feb-01-16 11:21 am
UNITED NATIONS - U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon called Israeli criticism of attacks on its settlement policy unsustainable in an opinion piece published Sunday by The New York Times, doubling down on comments that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said justified terrorism.
- 10 years on, AP photographer remembers Pulitzer moment Updated: Feb-01-16 9:12 am
JERUSALEM - Ten years ago today, AP photographer Oded Balilty captured the powerful image of a Jewish settler woman defying Israeli soldiers as they forcibly removed her from a West Bank settlement.
- Road project puts Israel, EU on collision course Updated: Jan-27-16 1:31 am
JERUSALEM - A narrow country road outside Jerusalem has turned into a new battleground between Israel and the European Union, deepening a dispute between the allies over Israeli settlement construction in the West Bank.
- Israeli officials approve West Bank land expropriation Updated: Jan-20-16 4:54 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel's Ministry of Defense said Wednesday that officials have approved the expropriation of some 370 acres (150 hectares) of land in the West Bank near the city of Jericho, in a move that drew sharp condemnation from the Obama Administration.
- Brazil official criticizes Israel's choice for ambassador Updated: Jan-20-16 1:38 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - A senior Brazilian official is expressing unhappiness at Israel's nomination of a former West Bank settler leader to be the new ambassador to the South American nation, calling the action "a false step."
- Palestinians lambast Airbnb's West Bank settlement listings Updated: Jan-20-16 7:46 am
NOFEI PRAT, West Bank - Like many vacation rental operators around the world, Moshe Gordon has listed his property on Airbnb, luring visitors with a stunning vista of desert landscape and boasting of proximity to both Jerusalem and the Dead Sea. What it doesn't mention is that the "cozy fully furnished" apartment, with its cable TV, Internet and hiking trails, is in a West Bank settlement.
- EU criticizes Israel, builds on anti-settlement policy Updated: Jan-18-16 3:10 pm
BRUSSELS - The European Union said Monday that all its deals with Israel must "unequivocally and explicitly" show that they cannot apply to occupied territories, a move that builds on a November decision to label Israeli products made in the West Bank.
- Netanyahu stands behind proposed envoy to Brazil Updated: Jan-14-16 2:56 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel's prime minister says he remains firmly behind his candidate to be the new ambassador to Brazil - despite Brazil's apparent objections over his connections to the Jewish settler movement.
- Palestinians appeal for poet on death row in Saudi Arabia Updated: Jan-14-16 2:05 pm
RAMALLAH, West Bank - Palestinian intellectuals and writers have gathered in the West Bank to read poems and call for the release of a Palestinian poet awaiting execution in Saudi Arabia.
- Real Madrid invites Palestinian arson survivor for visit Updated: Jan-13-16 1:35 pm
RAMALLAH, West Bank - Real Madrid said Wednesday that it has invited a young Palestinian boy who is the sole survivor of a West Bank arson attack last summer to visit the team and meet star player Cristiano Ronaldo.
- AP Interview: Israeli author of blocked book sees sales soar Updated: Jan-11-16 2:54 pm
TEL AVIV, Israel - An Israeli author whose book was rejected from the national high school curriculum because it depicts a Jewish-Arab love affair is achieving star status at home and abroad.