- Danish bus agency removes ad against Israeli settlements Updated: Apr-30-15 11:08 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Copenhagen's public transport agency on Thursday ordered the immediate removal of posters opposing Israeli settlements on the capital's city buses after getting "a considerable amount of complaints."
- Hamas silences Gaza protest calling for Palestinian unity Updated: Apr-29-15 9:41 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Police forces of the Islamic militant group Hamas that rules the Gaza Strip suppressed a demonstration by local youth movements calling for it to mend ties with the rival Palestinian government in the West Bank.
- West Bank universities call off elections Updated: Apr-28-15 2:07 pm
- Palestinian police now in Jerusalem suburbs after Israel ban Updated: Apr-25-15 2:29 am
ABU DIS, West Bank - After years of Israeli objections, armed Palestinian police in dark blue uniforms have taken up positions in this lawless West Bank suburb of Jerusalem, highlighting the shared interests of Israel and the Palestinian self-rule government on day-to-day issues even when political tensions run high.
- Hamas wins student council vote at top West Bank university Updated: Apr-23-15 9:34 am
- EU countries press for labelling of Israeli settlement goods Updated: Apr-16-15 12:14 pm
JERUSALEM - More than a dozen European governments have called for the labelling of goods produced in Israeli settlements in the West Bank.
- Hamas consolidates its grip on Gaza as reconstruction stalls Updated: Apr-14-15 11:08 am
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Eight months after a ruinous war with Israel, the reconstruction of Gaza has barely begun, and the Islamic militant group Hamas remains entrenched despite expectations that it cede some of its power to West Bank-based Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.
- Israel nabs repeat cheese smuggler from West Bank Updated: Apr-14-15 9:25 am
JERUSALEM - When Israeli health inspectors spotted a mail truck crossing into Israel from the West Bank, something didn't smell right.
- Israeli soldier indicted for passing secrets to settlers Updated: Apr-13-15 1:01 pm
JERUSALEM - An Israeli soldier has been indicted on spying charges for relaying classified military information to extremist West Bank settlers suspected of involvement in attacks on Palestinians.
- Jewish settlements accused of using Palestinian child labor Updated: Apr-13-15 4:44 am
JERUSALEM - A leading international human rights group on Monday accused Jewish settlements in the West Bank of using Palestinian child labor in farming, calling it a violation of international law.