- Leader-in-exile: Youths lead Tibet freedom fight Updated: Mar-10-14 8:22 am
- Nepal steps up security to stop Tibetan protests Updated: Mar-10-14 7:38 am
- New Mexico to proclaim 'Tibet Day' Updated: Mar-10-14 6:02 am
- Dalai Lama: China 'great' but gov't 'harmful' Updated: Mar-07-14 2:00 pm
- Dalai Lama opens Senate session with prayer Updated: Mar-06-14 11:34 am
- Nepal on alert to stop Tibetan protest Updated: Mar-03-14 1:58 am
- Ignoring China's protest, Obama hosts Dalai Lama Updated: Feb-21-14 10:37 pm
- Spain moves to curb its universal justice powers Updated: Feb-12-14 7:55 am
DHARMSALA, India - Young Tibetans are leading the fight to free their homeland from Chinese rule, the leader of the community's government-in-exile said on Monday's 55th anniversary of an uprising that led to a bloody crackdown and drove the Dalai Lama to flee into India.
KATMANDU, Nepal - Police broke up a small Tibetan protest in Nepal's capital and detained the protesters on Monday's anniversary of a failed 1959 uprising against Chinese rule in Tibet.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico plans to celebrate the anniversary of Tibet's rebellion against China.
WASHINGTON - The Dalai Lama called China a "great nation" but criticized its governmental system as "harmful" during an address Friday at Washington's National Cathedral
WASHINGTON - And on Thursday, the Dalai Lama prayed in the U.S. Senate.
KATMANDU, Nepal - Police in the Nepalese capital are on alert to stop protests by Tibetan refugees, including any attempts to self-immolate, next week to mark the anniversary of the failed 1959 uprising against Chinese rule in Tibet, officials said Monday.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama granted an audience to Tibet's Dalai Lama on Friday over the strong objections from China that the U.S. was meddling it its affairs. The White House took pains to ensure the meeting was not portrayed as a conference of two heads of state.
MADRID - Spain's Parliament has approved a ruling party proposal that will severely curb the powers of the country's courts to pursue cases of genocide and other crimes against humanity committed abroad.