- UN chief urges peaceful solution of South China Sea dispute Updated: May-22-15 10:32 am
HANOI, Vietnam - U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon called Friday for a peaceful solution to territorial disputes in the South China Sea, where China's increased assertiveness has alarmed its smaller neighbors.
- Vietnam detains 2 South Koreans in scaffolding collapse Updated: May-19-15 6:37 am
HANOI, Vietnam - Police in central Vietnam detained two South Korean managers for the Samsung Group on Tuesday over a scaffolding collapse in March that killed 13 workers and injured dozens.
- Vietnam War 40 years on, enemies now friends but still pain Updated: Apr-30-15 6:04 am
HO CHI MINH CITY, Vietnam - This city once known as Saigon was blanketed in red banners on Thursday that read "Long Live the Glorious Communist Party of Vietnam," 40 years after northern forces seized control of the country and America walked away from a divisive and bloody war that remains a painful sore.
- 40 years after Vietnam War, north-south wounds fester Updated: Apr-29-15 6:44 am
HO CHI MINH CITY, Vietnam - When Luu Dinh Trieu was drafted into the South Vietnamese army, he literally went to war against his father.
- Vietnam and the US test their hard-won friendship Updated: Apr-28-15 3:38 am
BANGKOK - After tanks from communist North Vietnam burst through the gates of the Presidential Palace in Saigon 40 years ago Thursday, Washington imposed a punitive economic embargo that kept Hanoi from receiving assistance even from multilateral institutions such as the World Bank.