- Moon rocks on display at Middletown planetarium Updated: Dec-09-13 7:55 am
- RI's 5 things: Jazz fest expands, Maeda exits Updated: Dec-07-13 10:09 am
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M Updated: Dec-06-13 6:29 pm
- Newport Jazz to add 3rd festival day to mark 60th Updated: Dec-04-13 7:15 pm
- RI wrapping up section of Cliff Walk repairs Updated: Nov-27-13 8:31 am
- Newport Jazz Festival to highlight emerging talent Updated: Nov-26-13 5:13 pm
- Centuries-old shoes found in RI historic building Updated: Nov-25-13 8:55 am
- Fisheries council balks at ban on herring trawling Updated: Nov-20-13 7:52 pm
- Newport hosting global summit for Volvo Ocean Race Updated: Nov-19-13 12:37 pm
- Salve Regina gets $1M for preservation program Updated: Nov-17-13 10:23 am
- Newport council rejects panhandling resolution Updated: Nov-14-13 9:59 am
- Looking at 'A Century of Restaurants' Updated: Nov-12-13 4:49 pm
- Newport man held on federal drug, gun charges Updated: Nov-12-13 3:51 pm
- RI WWII vet finally receives Purple Heart Updated: Nov-12-13 8:05 am
- RI groups work to aid typhoon-ravaged Philippines Updated: Nov-11-13 2:13 pm
MIDDLETOWN, Rhode Island - A part of the moon is coming down to Rhode Island.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Defendants in a Navy kickbacks case are sentenced, the Newport Jazz Festival expands and the president of the Rhode Island School of Design announces his departure. Here are five things to know in Rhode Island.
NEW YORK - Like Elvis' no-hips-allowed appearance on "The Ed Sullivan Show," or the Beatles' arrival in America, or Woodstock, it is considered one of the milestone moments in rock history: Bob Dylan going electric at the 1965 Newport Folk Festival.
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - The Newport Jazz Festival is adding a third day of music to mark its 60th anniversary and will focus that day on new and emerging acts, part of a plan to ensure the event does not become a "museum piece," festival producer George Wein said Wednesday.
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - The southernmost section of the Cliff Walk that was damaged last year by Superstorm Sandy is expected to re-open to the public next week.
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - The Newport Jazz Festival is making some tweaks in time for its 60th anniversary.
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - A pair of centuries-old shoes has been discovered hidden under the floorboards of a historic building in Newport.
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - Herring trawlers can continue to work New England waters after regional fishery managers declined Wednesday to ban the big vessels, which can accidentally catch the haddock prized by other fishermen.
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - Sailing officials from six continents gathered in Newport this week to plan for next year's Volvo Ocean Race, a nine-month, 10-port circumnavigation that features Rhode Island's city-by-the-sea as its only North American stop.
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - Salve Regina University in Newport has received a $1 million donation to endow its first named academic program in preservation.
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - The Newport City Council has voted against a resolution seeking to crack down on aggressive panhandling.
A lot of food and even more history are packed within the pages of "A Century of Restaurants," a new book by TV cooking-show host Rick Browne (Andrews McMeel Publishing, $40).
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A 36-year-old Newport man has been ordered held on federal drug and weapons charges after authorities allegedly seized cocaine, marijuana and guns from his vehicle and residence.
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - Nearly 70 years after he was shot out of the sky, parachuted behind enemy lines and was a POW in Bulgaria, a World War II vet from Newport is about to receive the Purple Heart.
NEWPORT, Rhode Island - Filipino-Americans living in Rhode Island are stepping in to help following the devastating typhoon that has killed an estimated 10,000 people.