- Clinton vows hundreds of billions for infrastructure, jobs Updated: Nov-29-15 8:48 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Hillary Rodham Clinton unveiled the first piece of a new jobs agenda on Sunday, promising hundreds of billions of dollars in fresh federal spending in an effort to compete with the liberal economic policies of her primary challengers.
- Judge to hear Boston Marathon bomber's request for new trial Updated: Nov-29-15 12:09 pm
BOSTON - A judge is set to hear arguments on Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's (joh-HAHR' tsahr-NEYE'-ehv's) request for a new trial this week.
- Tree lighting on Boston Common will kick off holiday season Updated: Nov-29-15 9:41 am
BOSTON - Mayor Martin Walsh and Nova Scotia Premier Stephen McNeil will host Boston's 74th annual official tree lighting on Boston Common to kick off the holiday season.
- Christmas tree lighting planned at Massachusetts Statehouse Updated: Nov-28-15 4:27 pm
BOSTON - The holiday season arrives on Beacon Hill next week with the annual Statehouse Christmas tree lighting ceremony on the front lawn of gold-domed building.
- In a donated dress, girl dubbed Baby Doe is buried Updated: Nov-28-15 3:46 pm
WINTHROP, Massachusetts - The 2-year-old girl known for months as Baby Doe after her remains were found in a plastic bag on a Boston Harbor beach was buried Saturday in a donated dress with a donated quilt.
- Police cite bar near Fenway Park after fatal shooting Updated: Nov-28-15 10:44 am
BOSTON - A bar near Fenway Park is facing possible sanctions after being cited by Boston police following a shooting that killed a man and injured three other people.
- Proposals would set age 21 as minimum for buying smokes Updated: Nov-28-15 9:50 am
BOSTON - As Boston considers raising the legal age for purchasing cigarettes and other tobacco products in the city from 18 to 21, Massachusetts lawmakers are weighing the possibility of a making such a change on a statewide basis.
- Celtics run away from Wizards 111-78 Updated: Nov-27-15 11:51 pm
BOSTON - Two nights after narrowly avoiding an embarrassing loss, the Boston Celtics rolled to an easy win.
- Bruins extend streak with 4-3 win over Rangers Updated: Nov-27-15 5:57 pm
BOSTON - With less than 4 minutes left and their modest winning streak in jeopardy, the Boston Bruins pulled off a comeback that would have seemed improbable a few weeks ago.
- 76ers center Okafor says Boston fight 'dumb on my part' Updated: Nov-27-15 3:36 pm
HOUSTON - Philadelphia 76ers center Jahlil Okafor says he's embarrassed about a Boston nightclub scuffle captured on video and is dealing with the team and league on possible discipline.
- A search for family in Haiti raises questions about adoption Updated: Nov-27-15 12:15 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - As Mariette Williams waited for her flight from South Florida to Haiti, she paced the departure lounge, folding and re-folding her ticket and clutching the handle of a bag sagging with gifts. She was excited but terrified: For the first time in nearly 30 years, she was about to see her mother.
- Art program gives Boston's homeless a place to create Updated: Nov-27-15 8:54 am
BOSTON - In an elegant church in one of Boston's most chic shopping districts, homeless people from across the city gather once a week to express themselves in ways not possible when living on the streets.
- Faneuil Hall hosting tuba concert Thanksgiving weekend Updated: Nov-26-15 5:01 pm
BOSTON - The tubas are descending on Faneuil Hall this Thanksgiving weekend.
- Advocates for Boston homeless end 24-hour Thanksgiving fast Updated: Nov-26-15 12:14 pm
BOSTON - Advocates for Boston's homeless have ended a 24-hour Thanksgiving fast with a call for more and better services.
- Massachusetts foundation commits $500,000 to hunger relief Updated: Nov-26-15 8:49 am
BOSTON - A Massachusetts foundation has pledged a half million dollars for hunger relief programs around the state.
- Celtics rally to drop 76ers to 0-16 Updated: Nov-25-15 11:11 pm
BOSTON - The Philadelphia 76ers found a way to tie the longest losing streak in major U.S. professional sports history.
- Key figure in keeping gay groups out of Boston parade dies Updated: Nov-25-15 3:51 pm
BOSTON - John "Wacko" Hurley, the longtime leader of the Boston St. Patrick's Day parade and the plaintiff in a 1995 U.S. Supreme Court case that allowed organizers to bar gay groups, has died. He was 85.
- Court tosses defamation suits by founder of rock band Boston Updated: Nov-25-15 3:30 pm
BOSTON - Defamation lawsuits filed by the founder of the rock group Boston against the ex-wife of the band's late lead singer and the Boston Herald were thrown out Wednesday by the highest court in Massachusetts.
- Essentials: Wicked cool stuff, old and new, to do in Boston Updated: Nov-25-15 10:16 am
BOSTON - No bucket list is complete without at least one trip to Boston, a city that's forever coming up with new ways to entice visitors to return.
- Nanny pleads guilty to stealing $280,000 from Boston family Updated: Nov-25-15 9:14 am
BOSTON - A former nanny for a Boston family has pleaded guilty to stealing more than $280,000 from her employers and using the money on vacations, jewelry and other luxuries.
- Kerry says Mideast violence could 'spin out of control' Updated: Nov-25-15 8:24 am
BOSTON - Secretary of State John Kerry says the violence between Israelis and Palestinians could "spin out of control" unless they take immediate steps to ease tensions.
- Former police officer admits to beating man in custody Updated: Nov-25-15 5:04 am
BOSTON - A former suburban Boston police officer has admitted to beating a handcuffed detainee and filing a false report about the attack.
- Boston Marathon bombing survivors brace for movies on attack Updated: Nov-25-15 12:58 am
BOSTON - Less than three years after bombs killed three people and wounded more than 260 others at the Boston Marathon, two movies, a play and an HBO documentary are in the works, causing decidedly mixed feelings among some of those most touched by the tragedy.
- 2 cars used in Ben Affleck film reported for illegal parking Updated: Nov-24-15 5:36 pm
BOSTON - Two 1920s-era cars being used in a Ben Affleck film have been reported for being illegally parked in Boston.
- Massachusetts single-family home sales up in October Updated: Nov-24-15 7:44 am
BOSTON - The number of single-family homes sold in Massachusetts last month shot up when compared to October 2014.