- Police: Man hit by falling tree limb in critical condition Updated: Feb-06-16 4:33 pm
CANTON, Massachusetts - A 48-year-old man has been hospitalized after being struck by a falling tree limb following a winter snowstorm.
- Beacon Hill lawmakers head north for New Hampshire primary Updated: Feb-06-16 9:56 am
BOSTON - The New Hampshire primary is just days away and that can only mean one thing in neighboring Massachusetts - a mass exodus of elected officials from Beacon Hill to the frozen north to stump for the candidate of their choice.
- New England digs out from first big snowfall of season Updated: Feb-06-16 12:23 am
BOSTON - New England is digging out from its first big snowfall of the season that dumped more than a foot in some places and left tens of thousands of homes and businesses without power, as forecasters eye another potential winter storm early next week.
- The Latest: 6-year-old hit by falling tree limb dies Updated: Feb-05-16 8:10 pm
BOSTON - The Latest on a winter storm that dropped more than a foot of snow on some areas of the Northeast (all times local):
- DraftKings makes long delayed push into UK Updated: Feb-05-16 2:10 pm
BOSTON - As its industry continues to tangle with U.S. policymakers, daily fantasy sports giant DraftKings is making its long-anticipated international push with a launch Friday in the United Kingdom.
- Boston police, state police engage in turf battle Updated: Feb-05-16 7:48 am
BOSTON - Boston's police commissioner is backing a bill that would address a jurisdictional battle between state police and city police over which agency is responsible for patrolling the Seaport District.
- Police: Man fatally shot in Boston neighborhood Updated: Feb-05-16 4:32 am
BOSTON - Police say a man in his 20s was fatally shot in a Boston neighborhood.
- No. 16 Miami women pull away from Boston College 67-62 Updated: Feb-04-16 9:38 pm
CHESTNUT HILL, Massachusetts - Jessica Thomas scored 14 points, Adrienne Motley added 13 and No. 16 Miami beat Boston College 67-62 on Thursday night.
- UMass-Boston to begin offering student housing in 2018 Updated: Feb-04-16 6:43 pm
BOSTON - The University of Massachusetts is planning to offer student housing at its Boston campus beginning in September 2018.
- State approves deal ending Boston's dispute over Wynn casino Updated: Feb-04-16 3:59 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts closed the books on Boston's bitter fight over Wynn Resorts' $1.7 billion casino development in Everett on Thursday as state gambling regulators unanimously approved an accord between the city and the Las Vegas casino giant.
- 10 charged with blocking Boston-area highway plead guilty Updated: Feb-04-16 1:44 pm
QUINCY, Massachusetts - Ten more Black Lives Matter protesters charged with blocking a major Boston-area highway during rush hour, forcing ambulances to reroute, have pleaded guilty but avoided jail time.
- Boston Marathon organizer buys building near start line Updated: Feb-04-16 1:18 pm
HOPKINTON, Massachusetts - The Boston Athletic Association has bought an office building in Hopkinton just yards from the Boston Marathon starting line.
- In Boston area, the bald eagle population is soaring Updated: Feb-04-16 12:26 pm
BOSTON - People spotting bald eagles in the skies over the Boston area aren't hallucinating - there really are more of the majestic birds of prey setting up shop in the urban eastern areas of the state, experts say.
- Troubled bar near Fenway Park closing for good Updated: Feb-04-16 7:22 am
BOSTON - A popular bar near Fenway Park that's been the site of several violent incidents, including a fatal shooting in November, is shutting down for good.
- Boy rescued, several displaced after apartment building fire Updated: Feb-04-16 4:38 am
CHELSEA, Massachusetts - Fire officials say a 3-year-old boy was rescued and at least 50 people were displaced after a fire ripped through an apartment building in suburban Boston.
- Boston man charged with murder in 2014 stabbing death Updated: Feb-04-16 4:31 am
BOSTON - A Boston man has been charged in the 2014 killing of a 69-year-old man whose body was found inside his Roxbury home after a fire.
- Thomas scores 17 as Celtics stave off Pistons' rally, 102-95 Updated: Feb-03-16 11:27 pm
BOSTON - As one of the NBA's top defensive teams this season, the Celtics have inevitably found themselves with some big leads.
- Mary Fiumara, mother from classic Prince pasta TV ad, dies Updated: Feb-03-16 8:30 pm
BOSTON - Mary Fiumara, best known as the mother who called for her son to come home for dinner in a classic Prince pasta television commercial of the 1960s, has died at age 88.
- Baker: DCF got full report Friday of 3-year-old boy who died Updated: Feb-03-16 6:33 pm
BOSTON - Gov. Charlie Baker said his administration is cooperating with the investigation into the death of a 3-year-old boy who suffered traumatic injuries at his Boston home last weekend.
- Justice Robert Cordy of state's high court to retire Updated: Feb-03-16 4:47 pm
BOSTON - Robert Cordy, an associate justice of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court since 2001, announced Wednesday he would retire in August, giving Republican Gov. Charlie Baker the opportunity to make his first nomination to the state's highest court.
- Boston mobster's longtime love pleads guilty to contempt Updated: Feb-03-16 4:08 pm
BOSTON - The woman who spent 16 years on the run with Boston mobster James "Whitey" Bulger pleaded guilty Wednesday to a criminal contempt charge for refusing to testify before a grand jury investigating whether other people helped him as a fugitive.
- Boston man convicted in Arborway crash sentenced Updated: Feb-03-16 2:51 pm
BOSTON - A man convicted of causing a 2013 crash in the city's Jamaica Plain neighborhood that seriously injured two people has been sentenced.
- Former NFL quarterback Ken Stabler had brain disease CTE Updated: Feb-03-16 1:33 pm
BOSTON - Former Oakland Raiders quarterback Ken Stabler, the late NFL MVP and Super Bowl winner who is a finalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, has been diagnosed with the brain disease CTE, Boston University researchers said Wednesday.
- Boston man convicted of killing child seeks new trial Updated: Feb-03-16 8:19 am
BOSTON - A Massachusetts man convicted of kidnapping and killing a 10-year-old boy in 1997 is asking a federal court to grant him a new trial or set him free.
- Police: Man killed in rollover crash on Boston parkway Updated: Feb-03-16 4:04 am
BOSTON - State police say a man was killed in Boston after he lost control of his sport utility vehicle and rolled over.