- Abortion-rights activists to protest Trump fundraiser Updated: Aug-28-15 3:26 pm
NORWOOD, Massachusetts - Abortion-rights activists are planning to protest outside a private fundraiser for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump on Friday night.
- Ruling threatens sex offender laws in 40 Massachusetts towns Updated: Aug-28-15 3:18 pm
BOSTON - The highest court in Massachusetts upheld a judge's decision Friday to throw out a local law that severely restricts where sex offenders can live in the city of Lynn, a ruling that could have broad implications for about 40 other communities.
- Former Boston police officer slain in Haiti Updated: Aug-28-15 11:44 am
BOSTON - A retired Boston police officer who served as a liaison to the city's Haitian community and other immigrant neighborhoods for two mayors is being remembered for his contributions after he was shot to death in Port-au-Prince.
- State to decide on key environmental permit for Wynn casino Updated: Aug-28-15 11:02 am
BOSTON - Massachusetts' top environmental official is set to decide on a key permit for a Boston-area casino.
- Woman hit by foul ball behind home plate sues Red Sox owner Updated: Aug-28-15 10:51 am
BOSTON - A fan struck by a foul ball that went behind home plate last year during a Boston Red Sox game at Fenway Park has sued the team's principal owner.
- Suburban Boston high school votes to block Confederate flag Updated: Aug-28-15 1:57 am
WALPOLE, Massachusetts - A suburban Boston high school is taking steps to disassociate itself from a Confederate flag banner located on a graduate's property overlooking the school's athletic field.
- Cats found drowned at Boston construction site Updated: Aug-28-15 1:11 am
BOSTON - Officials are investigating a case of animal cruelty after a group of cats were found dead at a construction site in Boston's Dorchester section.
- Don Orsillo out as Red Sox's TV announcer after season Updated: Aug-26-15 6:48 pm
BOSTON - Don Orsillo is out as the Boston Red Sox's television play-by-play voice after this season.
- Boston police to investigate videotaped incident Updated: Aug-26-15 5:17 am
BOSTON - Boston police have launched an investigation after a video was posted online showing an officer putting his hands around a handcuffed suspect's neck.
- Boston Marathon trial juror addresses death penalty decision Updated: Aug-25-15 8:53 am
BOSTON - A juror in the trial of Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (joh-HAHR' tsahr-NEYE'-ehv) says he probably would not have voted for the death penalty had he known that the families of some victims preferred a life sentence.
- Top transportation official backs permit for Wynn casino Updated: Aug-24-15 5:59 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts' top transportation official says Wynn has adequately addressed traffic and transit issues surrounding its planned $1.7 billion casino project for the Everett waterfront.
- Judge rejects bid to make names of Tsarnaev jurors public Updated: Aug-24-15 5:46 pm
BOSTON - A judge has rejected a motion by The Boston Globe to publicly release the names of jurors in the Boston Marathon bombing trial.
- 2 men held without bail for alleged threats to Pokemon event Updated: Aug-24-15 4:57 pm
BOSTON - Two men from Iowa made online threats against Pokemon competitors - referring to the Boston Marathon bombings and the Columbine High School massacre - then drove 25 hours to Boston, where they were stopped as they tried to register for the World Pokemon Championships, police said Monday.
- Thoroughbred racing returns to Boston horse track Updated: Aug-24-15 3:19 pm
BOSTON - Thoroughbred horse racing is returning to New England.
- Chewing tobacco ban gets boost from public health advocates Updated: Aug-24-15 2:52 pm
BOSTON - Public health officials and anti-tobacco activists are throwing their support behind Mayor Marty Walsh's plan to ban chewing tobacco, snuff and chew from city ballparks, including historic Fenway Park.
- Royals rally with 4 in 9th; beat Red Sox 8-6 Updated: Aug-23-15 5:25 pm
BOSTON - Mike Moustakas' two-run double capped a four-run ninth inning that carried the AL Central-leading Kansas City Royals to an 8-6 comeback victory over the Boston Red Sox on Sunday.
- Red Sox recall RHP Aro from Triple-A, option RHP Barnes Updated: Aug-23-15 2:24 pm
BOSTON - The Boston Red Sox have recalled right-hander Jonathan Aro from Triple-A Pawtucket for Sunday's series finale against the Kansas City Royals.
- Somerset County man wants to get streetcars back on track Updated: Aug-23-15 11:28 am
WINDBER, Pennsylvania - A streetcar flecked with rust and fringed in wild daisies lists slightly in a railyard in Windber, Somerset County. With red and orange stripes and a Regional Transit Authority logo under milky-green windows, it says "city" and "back in the day" like no other urban icon.
- Specter of 38 Studios looms over PawSox stadium proposal Updated: Aug-23-15 11:10 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The shadow of failed video game company 38 Studios comes up repeatedly as the owners of the Pawtucket Red Sox make their pitch to build a stadium in Providence.
- Appeal challenges jury instruction on insanity defense Updated: Aug-23-15 9:53 am
BOSTON - Not guilty by reason of insanity: It's a difficult verdict to get from juries in Massachusetts.
- In August, some on Beacon Hill turn eyes to New Hampshire Updated: Aug-22-15 7:44 pm
BOSTON - It's the dog days of August and on Beacon Hill thoughts begin to turn not to the beach or Fenway Park, but to the frozen north and the nation's first presidential primary in neighboring New Hampshire.
- Boston Symphony Orchestra kicks off European tour in London Updated: Aug-22-15 10:19 am
BOSTON - The Boston Symphony Orchestra is heading to Europe for its first tour of the continent since 2007.
- Trump calls for respect after Boston attack on Mexican man Updated: Aug-21-15 4:40 pm
BOSTON - Donald Trump on Friday denounced a violent attack against a homeless Hispanic man in Boston whose attacker told police he was inspired, in part, by Trump's rhetoric that people in the country illegally should be deported. It was a change in tone for the Republican presidential candidate, who's known for his incendiary remarks.
- Man pleads guilty to setting apartment building fire Updated: Aug-21-15 3:26 am
BOSTON - Officials say a Boston man has admitted to starting a fire that destroyed an apartment building and injured two firefighters.
- Young Eagles look to continue success under Addazio Updated: Aug-20-15 4:41 pm
BOSTON - Boston College coach Steve Addazio enters his third season knowing it's his recruiting classes that make up the bulk of the team.