- Officials raise transgender flag at Boston City Hall Updated: May-02-16 3:11 pm
BOSTON - Elected officials and activists have raised a flag at Boston City Hall representing the transgender community.
- Convicted fraudster of Boston bombing charity denied release Updated: May-02-16 11:16 am
BOSTON - A Boston man convicted along with his brother of scamming the Boston Marathon victims' compensation fund out of more than $2 million using the name of a dead aunt has lost his bid to remain free while he challenges the conviction.
- Firefighters encounter blaze in Boston's Beacon Hill section Updated: May-02-16 5:43 am
BOSTON - Fire crews battled a three-alarm blaze in Boston's Beacon Hill section that displaced between 20 and 25 people over the weekend.
- Betances, Yankees lose 8-7 as Red Sox complete 3-game sweep Updated: May-02-16 12:53 am
- Red Sox beat Yankees 8-7 to complete 3-game sweep Updated: May-02-16 12:41 am
BOSTON - Alex Rodriguez had already driven in four runs against David Price with a homer and a double.
- 'Family Guy' creator to sing with Boston Pops opening night Updated: May-01-16 5:50 pm
BOSTON - "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane is helping the Boston Pops kick off its spring concert series.
- Connecticut governor gets JFK award for pro-refugee stance Updated: May-01-16 3:27 pm
Connecticut Governor Dannel P. Malloy received the 2016 John F. Kennedy Profile in Courage Award on Sunday for his public support of resettling Syrian refugees in the U.S.
- Woman struck, killed by duck boat in downtown Boston Updated: Apr-30-16 7:14 pm
A 29-year-old woman was killed and her passenger was injured after the scooter she was driving was struck by an amphibious sightseeing vehicle in downtown Boston on Saturday.
- The Latest: Group 'cooperating' after fatal duck boat crash Updated: Apr-30-16 4:16 pm
BOSTON - The Latest on a woman driving a scooter struck and killed by a duck boat in Boston (all times local):
- Lobbying by renewable energy groups on rise in Massachusetts Updated: Apr-30-16 12:10 pm
BOSTON - An effort to jolt Massachusetts' reliance on solar and wind projects has surged in recent years, powered in part by an increase in lobbying by supporters of renewable energy.
- Scheduled IndyCar race on streets of Boston canceled Updated: Apr-29-16 10:03 pm
BOSTON - First the 2024 Olympics. Now an IndyCar race is pulling out of Boston before it even began.
- Driver accused of harassing reporter no longer with Uber Updated: Apr-29-16 6:42 pm
BOSTON - An Uber driver accused of making strong sexual advances toward a reporter last month is "no longer active" on the popular ride-hailing car service, Uber said Friday.
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Updated: Apr-29-16 5:59 pm
BOSTON - The emergence of an All-Star and lots of victories made the Celtics one of the biggest surprises in the NBA this season.
- Revised bill would address 'improper' gender identity claims Updated: Apr-29-16 4:53 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts House leaders Friday unveiled a revised version of a bill that would increase protections for transgender people, adding new language that could facilitate legal action against anyone who makes an "improper" claim of gender identity.
- Massachusetts Marine killed in Hawaii honored by hometown Updated: Apr-29-16 2:22 pm
HINGHAM, Massachusetts - A Marine from Massachusetts who died in a helicopter crash in Hawaii was remembered at a memorial service for his loyalty, sense of humor and love of the sea.
- Boston announced free community college tuition program Updated: Apr-29-16 2:05 pm
BOSTON - Boston Mayor Marty Walsh has announced a plan to provide free tuition to either of the city's two community colleges for all graduates of Boston's public high schools.
- Teacher to run 5K race 6 months after double lung transplant Updated: Apr-29-16 12:20 pm
BOSTON - Six months to the day after undergoing a life-saving double lung transplant, a Boston school teacher who was born with a disease that robs him of lung capacity is running a 5K charity road race this weekend.
- Boston Public Schools places bus monitor on paid leave Updated: Apr-29-16 4:32 am
BOSTON - Officials say a Boston Public Schools bus monitor has been placed on paid leave after video surfaced of the man using physical force to subdue a young student on a school bus.
- Officials: 58-year-old man killed by MBTA train in Medford Updated: Apr-29-16 4:31 am
MEDFORD, Massachusetts - Officials say a 58-year-old man was killed after he was hit by a Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority commuter rail train in suburban Boston.
- Giant Chinese zodiac sculptures are turning heads in Boston Updated: Apr-29-16 1:11 am
BOSTON - A dozen giant bronze animal heads representing the signs of the Chinese zodiac are stopping people in their tracks in downtown Boston and sparking conversations.
- Buchholz, Red Sox struggle in 5-3 loss to Braves Updated: Apr-29-16 12:31 am
BOSTON - Clay Buchholz struggled with his control when he needed it most and his teammates' timing wasn't much better.
- Braves end 8-game slide, beat Red Sox 5-3 behind Markakis Updated: Apr-29-16 12:12 am
BOSTON - Atlanta hitters got to Clay Buchholz early and never let up as the Braves pieced together a rare victory.
- Hawks overwhelm Celtics, move to 2nd round with 104-92 win Updated: Apr-29-16 12:09 am
BOSTON - The Atlanta Hawks had their best regular season in franchise history spoiled last year by a dismal showing against Cleveland in the Eastern Conference finals.
- Men accused in terror plot arraigned on additional charges Updated: Apr-28-16 9:00 pm
BOSTON - Two men already held on charges they conspired to help the Islamic State group have pleaded not guilty to additional terrorism charges.
- Whitey Bulger's girlfriend gets 21 more months in prison Updated: Apr-28-16 6:02 pm
BOSTON - The longtime girlfriend of Boston gangster James "Whitey" Bulger was sentenced Thursday to an additional 21 months in prison by a judge who said she had shown a "twisted" sense of loyalty to Bulger by refusing to testify about whether other people helped him while he was a fugitive.