- Man held on $100K in stabbings of ex-girlfriend's 3 children Updated: Jun-29-15 7:59 pm
BOSTON - A 51-year-old Boston man is held on $100,000 bail on charges that he stabbed and injured his former girlfriend's three children on Saturday.
- Boston 2024 Olympics organizers update $4.6B bid Updated: Jun-29-15 5:51 pm
BOSTON - The group trying to bring the 2024 Olympics to Boston released the most detailed look yet at its bid for the Summer Games on Monday, unveiling a $4.6 billion plan it says would create thousands of jobs and housing units, expand the city's tax base and leave behind a vastly-improved regional transit system - all with a $210 million surplus.
- Judge orders Boston to halt Beacon Hill ramp construction Updated: Jun-29-15 4:50 pm
BOSTON - A Suffolk Superior Court judge has ordered Mayor Marty Walsh's administration to stop building accessibility ramps in historic Beacon Hill until the project undergoes state review.
- Confederate flag hung from memorial honoring black soldiers Updated: Jun-29-15 7:02 am
BOSTON - A Confederate flag that was attached to a Boston memorial honoring an all-black Union Civil War unit has been removed.
- Boston's new plan for 2024 Summer Olympics to be revealed Updated: Jun-29-15 1:08 am
BOSTON - New details about Boston's bid for the 2024 Summer Olympics are being revealed Monday as organizers seek to regroup after months of withering criticism and waning local support.
- Boston Bar Foundation awards $950k for legal help to poor Updated: Jun-28-15 6:47 pm
BOSTON - The Boston Bar Foundation has awarded $950,000 in grants to 23 community organizations that work to provide legal services to low-income people.
- Whitey Bulger writes teens in letter: 'My life was wasted' Updated: Jun-28-15 4:35 pm
BOSTON - Former Boston crime boss James "Whitey" Bulger had some advice for three high school girls who wrote to him for a history project: Crime doesn't pay.
- Abortion opponents to gather on Boston Common for rally Updated: Jun-27-15 3:44 pm
BOSTON - Abortion opponents are planning to gather on Boston Common on Sunday.
- T's late night service to end at 2 am on weekends Updated: Jun-27-15 9:34 am
BOSTON - Night owls should take note of some changes in late-night MBTA service on weekends.
- Bruins send Lucic to Kings for Miller, Jones, draft pick Updated: Jun-26-15 11:00 pm
Milan Lucic thought the Los Angeles Kings were going to draft him in 2006. A year later, he scored his first NHL goal at Staples Center for the Boston Bruins.
- Bruins deal veterans Lucic, Hamilton on draft day Updated: Jun-26-15 8:04 pm
BOSTON - The Boston Bruins' makeover that began in the front office has reached the front line on offense and the top pairing on defense.
- Description of girl found dead in Boston Harbor is released Updated: Jun-26-15 4:46 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts authorities say a girl found dead on Deer Island in Boston Harbor was about 4 years old with brown eyes and brown hair that was about 14 inches long.
- Bruins trade defenseman Hamilton to Flames for 3 draft picks Updated: Jun-26-15 4:09 pm
- Organizers to reveal new plan for Boston 2024 bid on Monday Updated: Jun-26-15 4:08 pm
BOSTON - Organizers for Boston's bid for the 2024 Summer Olympics will release updated plans on Monday for how the city would pay for and stage the games.
- US Supreme Court's ruling lauded in 1st gay marriage state Updated: Jun-26-15 4:01 pm
BOSTON - In Massachusetts, the first state to legalize gay marriage, Friday's U.S. Supreme Court decision granting same-sex couples the right to marry nationwide drew an exuberant response from those who started the fight more than a decade ago.
- Urban transit systems struggle to keep pace as demand grows Updated: Jun-26-15 10:54 am
BOSTON - Urban planners have long considered public transportation the best remedy for traffic congestion, but many of the nation's largest mass-transit systems simply aren't up to the task.
- Providence metro public transit commute averages near 1 hour Updated: Jun-26-15 10:53 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Workers in Providence and nearby communities who travel by bus or train face longer commute times than their counterparts in other medium-sized metropolitan areas in the U.S.
- Prestigious Boston performing arts schools discuss merger Updated: Jun-26-15 7:46 am
BOSTON - Two prestigious performing arts schools in Boston are exploring a merger that officials say would create "the world's most dynamic and comprehensive programs for music, dance and theater education."
- Celtics take guard Thornton with their fourth pick of draft Updated: Jun-26-15 12:27 am
BOSTON - The Boston Celtics have chosen guard Marcus Thornton of William & Mary with their fourth and final pick of the NBA draft.
- Celtics take guards Rozier, Hunter in 1st round of NBA draft Updated: Jun-26-15 12:08 am
BOSTON - The Boston Celtics stocked up on guards by taking Terry Rozier of Louisville and R.J. Hunter of Georgia State in the first round of the NBA draft Thursday night.
- Child's body found on Deer Island in Boston Harbor Updated: Jun-25-15 7:38 pm
WINTHROP, Massachusetts - Authorities say human remains found in Boston Harbor were those of a young child and they're asking the public for help in identifying the toddler.
- Boston Marathon bomber arrives at Colorado penitentiary Updated: Jun-25-15 7:38 pm
BOSTON - Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev arrived at the U.S. Penitentiary in Florence, Colorado, on Thursday, a day after he was sentenced to death. A spokesman for the U.S. Department of Justice confirmed that Tsarnaev was being held at the high-security facility. The penitentiary is in the same prison complex as the ADX, a Supermax prison, but is a different institution.
- Boston opens new homeless shelter Updated: Jun-25-15 6:50 pm
BOSTON - Boston has opened a new homeless shelter for men.
- Pedroia goes on Boston disabled list with strained hamstring Updated: Jun-25-15 6:34 pm
BOSTON - Second baseman Dustin Pedroia was put on the 15-day disabled list by the Boston Red Sox before Thursday's 8-6 loss to Baltimore, a day after straining his right hamstring.
- Wieters' 2-run homer helps Orioles beat Red Sox 8-6 Updated: Jun-25-15 6:27 pm
BOSTON - Baltimore right-hander Miguel Gonzalez had a chance to watch his teammates get on winning spurt.