- Highway inspection completed after manhole cover accident Updated: Feb-13-16 4:24 pm
BOSTON - State officials have completed an inspection of Boston area highways a day after a manhole cover apparently flew loose, striking and killing a motorist.
- Ice rink company to raise money for paralyzed hockey player Updated: Feb-13-16 2:01 pm
BOSTON - A Massachusetts ice skating rink company is raising money for a female hockey player who was paralyzed at the NHL's Winter Classic.
- Tech-shy Beacon Hill playing catch-up in new digital world Updated: Feb-13-16 9:44 am
BOSTON - Scan the horizon for tech-savvy locales and chances are you'll skip right over the 218-year-old Massachusetts Statehouse - more museum than incubator.
- Somerville challenges environmental permit for Wynn casino Updated: Feb-12-16 8:29 pm
BOSTON - A Boston suburb is mounting another challenge to Wynn's planned casino in nearby Everett.
- Teen bicyclist struck by hit-and-run driver Updated: Feb-12-16 7:41 pm
LOWELL, Massachusetts - A 15 year old teen bicyclist was sent to the hospital with serious injuries after being hit by a vehicle that then fled the scene, authorities say.
- The Latest: Art teacher killed in manhole cover accident Updated: Feb-12-16 7:04 pm
BOSTON - The Latest on the death of a woman whose vehicle was struck by a manhole cover on a Boston highway (all times local):
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver Updated: Feb-12-16 6:40 pm
BOSTON - A dislodged manhole cover weighing more than 200 pounds went airborne and crashed through an SUV's windshield on a major highway, killing an art teacher as she drove to work during the Friday morning commute, authorities said.
- Man convicted in 10-year-old girl's killing wins new trial Updated: Feb-12-16 4:32 pm
BOSTON - A judge has granted a new trial to a man convicted of killing a 10-year-old Boston girl while shooting at rival gang members.
- Commissioner: Boston police kill armed man who fired at them Updated: Feb-12-16 4:29 pm
BOSTON - Authorities say a man who was helping a gunshot victim exchanged gunfire with Boston police, who shot him dead.
- Fuel van without driver strikes plane at Boston airport Updated: Feb-12-16 11:03 am
BOSTON - A fuel van has struck a plane at Boston's Logan Airport, damaging the jet but causing no injuries to the passengers.
- Make them an offer they can't refuse: Puzo archive for sale Updated: Feb-12-16 9:48 am
BOSTON - Make them an offer they can't refuse and a massive collection of "The Godfather" author Mario Puzo's papers can be yours.
- Police: Boston robbery suspects were all wearing GPS devices Updated: Feb-12-16 8:25 am
BOSTON - It didn't take Boston police long to track down three suspects in an armed convenience store robbery.
- Ex-Boston Mayor Flynn says he suffered concussion in crash Updated: Feb-12-16 7:10 am
BOSTON - Former Boston Mayor Ray Flynn says he suffered a concussion when he crashed his car into a neighbor's house.
- Hearing focuses on proposed ban on some animal products Updated: Feb-11-16 6:03 pm
BOSTON - While both critics and supporters of a proposed ban on the sale of food products from farms that keep animals in overly restrictive cages say the measure would likely raise egg prices in Massachusetts, supporters contend consumers would barely notice the increases.
- Ex-Irish bank executive agrees to return to Ireland Updated: Feb-11-16 5:59 pm
BOSTON - The former chief executive of Anglo Irish Bank, now living in Boston, has dropped his fight against extradition and agreed to return to Ireland to face fraud charges.
- Bruins say goalie Malcolm Subban has fractured larynx Updated: Feb-11-16 5:45 pm
BOSTON - The Boston Bruins say goaltending prospect Malcolm Subban has a fractured larynx and will miss at least eight weeks.
- Correction: Earns-Rapid7 story Updated: Feb-11-16 4:19 pm
BOSTON - In a story Feb. 10 about Rapid7 earnings - generated by Automated Insights using data from Zacks Investment Research - The Associated Press reported erroneously the company's full-year earnings. The company reported a net loss of $99.1 million, or $4 per share attributable to common stockholders for the year.
- Sentencing hearing delayed for 80-year-old marijuana dealer Updated: Feb-11-16 4:10 pm
BOSTON - A federal judge in Massachusetts has delayed the sentencing of an 80-year-old man who admitted running a sprawling multistate marijuana-dealing operation.
- Fantasy sports companies defend embattled industry Updated: Feb-11-16 1:49 pm
BOSTON - Daily fantasy sports companies say their industry remains viable despite a rocky start to 2016.
- Harvard faculty member named Wellesley's 1st black president Updated: Feb-11-16 11:04 am
WELLESLEY, Massachusetts - Wellesley College has named a Harvard Medical School faculty member as its next president.
- Boston program allows smokers to vote with their butts Updated: Feb-11-16 8:43 am
BOSTON - The city of Boston is trying to rid the streets of unsightly cigarette butts by placing special receptacles in high traffic areas that will allow smokers to vote on a simple question.
- Chelsea woman found guilty of murder in fatal fire Updated: Feb-11-16 4:34 am
BOSTON - A suburban Boston woman has been found guilty of setting a fire that killed a 20-year-old woman.
- Celtics rally late, overtake Clippers in overtime 139-134 Updated: Feb-11-16 12:07 am
BOSTON - The way the Boston Celtics are scoring right now, they may want to try bottling a little of it before they leave for the All-Star break.
- Fanning scores 25, Boston University beats American 71-51 Updated: Feb-10-16 9:18 pm
BOSTON - Eric Fanning had 25 points, Cheddi Mosely scored 20 and Boston University beat American 71-51 on Wednesday night.
- Pierce 'thankful' in possibly his final visit to Garden Updated: Feb-10-16 7:59 pm
BOSTON - Paul Pierce started his career in the shadows of Celtics legends.