- North Korea deports US tourist and Korean War vet Updated: Dec-06-13 11:44 pm
- Biden praises North Korea's release of tourist Updated: Dec-06-13 11:13 pm
- Mandela mourned as inspiration in many struggles Updated: Dec-06-13 2:24 pm
- Biden: Asia's growth 'a chance to bend history' Updated: Dec-06-13 11:40 am
- Smog at extremely hazardous levels in Shanghai Updated: Dec-06-13 7:01 am
- Director Zhang Yimou sued for too many children Updated: Dec-06-13 5:28 am
- Biden spotlights China treatment of US journalists Updated: Dec-05-13 11:25 am
- Nicaragua canal promoter to build Ukraine ports Updated: Dec-05-13 7:47 am
- Ukraine president meets Xi seeking China's support Updated: Dec-05-13 5:47 am
- Nissan looks to no-frills China brand for revival Updated: Dec-05-13 2:07 am
- Airline to offer nonstop Boston-Beijing flights Updated: Dec-04-13 5:25 pm
- Airline to offer nonstop Boston-Beijing flights Updated: Dec-04-13 3:49 pm
- Diligent Asian students dominate global exam Updated: Dec-04-13 12:05 pm
- Rights lawyers harassed as China hails rule of law Updated: Dec-04-13 7:07 am
- Biden in China amid spat over air defense zone Updated: Dec-03-13 10:53 pm
- China says resolved to enforce air defense zone Updated: Dec-03-13 10:49 pm
- As Cameron visits, China paper criticizes Britain Updated: Dec-03-13 6:52 am
- China Nobel's wife asks for doc, husband's letters Updated: Dec-03-13 6:28 am
- English Premier League to expand presence in China Updated: Dec-02-13 2:06 pm
- US rappers say they filmed music video in NKorea Updated: Nov-30-13 5:32 am
- China claims victory in scrubbing Internet clean Updated: Nov-30-13 4:34 am
- US advises carriers to comply with China air zone Updated: Nov-29-13 11:02 pm
- Cyr: China's power grab prompts U.S. bomber flight Updated: Nov-29-13 10:46 am
- Taiwan lawmakers denounce China air defense zone Updated: Nov-29-13 8:04 am
- China sends warplanes into air defense zone Updated: Nov-28-13 11:49 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea on Saturday deported an elderly U.S. tourist, apparently ending the saga of Merrill Newman's return to the North six decades after he advised South Korean guerrillas still loathed by Pyongyang.
SEOUL, South Korea - Vice President Joe Biden praised North Korea's release of an elderly U.S. tourist Saturday, but admonished the North for detaining him in the first place and called for another detained American to be swiftly released.
Nelson Mandela led black South Africans in their struggle to throw off the yoke of white rule and then helped the entire nation heal the wounds of racial division.
SEOUL, South Korea - Seeking to reassure wary allies, Vice President Joe Biden on Friday pushed back against those who question America's commitment to Asia, which has at times been obscured by an array of distractions at home and abroad.
SHANGHAI - Shanghai authorities ordered schoolchildren indoors and halted all construction Friday as China's financial hub suffered one of its worst bouts of air pollution, bringing visibility down to a few dozen meters, delaying flights and obscuring the city's spectacular skyline.
BEIJING - Famed Chinese film director Zhang Yimou is being sued by two lawyers for breaking China's one-child policy, in what they say is a protest against rich people flouting the rules.
BEIJING - Casting a spotlight on China's controls on the media, Vice President Joe Biden met with U.S. journalists working in Beijing Thursday after publicly criticizing how they're treated by China's government.
BEIJING - The Chinese businessman best known for winning a contract to build a canal across Nicaragua announced he will spearhead a $3 billion joint venture to construct a deep-water port and refurbish the Sevastopol port on Ukraine's Crimean Peninsula.
HUADU, China - His Chinese sedan was a disappointment. So when truck driver Xie Yanzhen needed to replace it, he turned to Venucia, a 2-year-old no-frills brand launched by Nissan and a Chinese partner.
BOSTON - A Chinese airline planned to offer the first nonstop service from Boston to Beijing, beginning next June.
BOSTON - A Chinese airline plans to offer the first direct service from Boston to Beijing, beginning next June.
BEIJING - As a ninth-grader, Shanghai's Li Sixin spent more than three hours on homework a night and took tutorials in math, physics and chemistry on the weekends. When she was tapped to take an exam last year given to half a million students around the world, Li breezed through it.
BEIJING - About 200 thugs harassed lawyers and relatives of three civil rights activists outside a courthouse in eastern China on Wednesday, as top judges in the capital marked the anniversary of China's constitution by hailing the rule of law.
BEIJING - Vice President Joe Biden has arrived in Beijing for meetings with top Chinese leaders amid an international spat over China's new air defense zone.
BEIJING - China says it is fully capable of enforcing its newly declared maritime air defense zone that has drawn strong denunciations from the U.S., Japan and other nations.
BEIJING - With British Prime Minister David Cameron in the country on an official visit, a Chinese state-run newspaper on Tuesday labeled Britain a fallen great power worthy now only as a destination for tourists and students.
BEIJING - The wife of Chinese Nobel Peace laureate Liu Xiaobo, depressed from being forcibly sequestered at home alone for the past three years by state security, is issuing a few requests: Let her see a doctor independently. Read her husband's letters. Make a living.
BEIJING - The English Premier League is expanding its training program for Chinese coaches and referees, looking to further establish itself in the country's vast market.
BEIJING - Two aspiring American rappers said Saturday that they had filmed part of a music video in North Korea, hoping the novel locale will make a hit.
BEIJING - The Chinese government has declared victory in cleaning up what it considers rumors, negativity and unruliness from online discourse, while critics say the moves have suppressed criticism of the government and ruling Communist Party.
BEIJING - The United States advised U.S. carriers to comply with China's demand that it be told of any flights passing through its new maritime air defense zone over the East China Sea, an area where Beijing said it launched two fighter planes to investigate a dozen American and Japanese reconnaissance and military flights.
China has made an ominous move in claiming sovereignty over the air, and the Obama administration has appropriately responded with B-52 bombers.
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Taiwan's legislature attacked China's newly declared air defense zone on Friday, with lawmakers demanding in an unusual joint statement that President Ma Ying-jeou's government lodge a "stern protest" with Beijing.
BEIJING - China said it sent warplanes into its newly declared maritime air defense zone days after the U.S., South Korea and Japan all sent flights through the airspace in broadening defiance of rules Beijing says it has imposed over the East China Sea.