- Chinese relatives pray over lost Malaysian plane Updated: Apr-18-14 11:04 pm
- China says one-fifth of its farmland is polluted Updated: Apr-18-14 4:34 am
- Rio Mayor says no sports 'mausoleum' like Beijing Updated: Apr-17-14 4:15 pm
- China factories face new challenge as growth slows Updated: Apr-17-14 9:52 am
- Chinese auto brands limp into Beijing show Updated: Apr-17-14 2:26 am
- Brazil unveils $11 billion in 'legacy' budget Updated: Apr-16-14 6:20 pm
- Pohang into 2nd round in Asian Champions League Updated: Apr-16-14 3:36 pm
- If filed, plane lawsuits might not get heard in US Updated: Apr-16-14 5:29 am
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q Updated: Apr-16-14 5:28 am
- US declines to name China a currency manipulator Updated: Apr-15-14 8:18 pm
- Norway restores, donates 1927 silent film to China Updated: Apr-15-14 8:01 am
- Chinese lawyers say they were tortured by police Updated: Apr-15-14 4:55 am
- Phelps will be racing himself in swimming comeback Updated: Apr-14-14 7:35 pm
- Phelps will be racing himself in swimming comeback Updated: Apr-14-14 7:25 pm
- Senate resolution honors MTSU president Updated: Apr-14-14 5:50 pm
- Fliers' thoughts, from 'no fear' to 'it's scarier' Updated: Apr-12-14 2:10 am
- UN conference provokes heated gay rights debate Updated: Apr-11-14 6:52 pm
- China rejects appeal of citizens movement founder Updated: Apr-11-14 12:35 pm
- China's auto sales cool, local brands squeezed Updated: Apr-11-14 5:26 am
- China's inflation edges up to 2.4 percent Updated: Apr-10-14 11:53 pm
- In China, jar of French mountain air fetches $860 Updated: Apr-10-14 8:43 am
- Hagel seeks to increase ties with Mongolia Updated: Apr-10-14 7:47 am
- China exports unexpectedly fell in March Updated: Apr-10-14 5:01 am
- Hagel, Chang air differences over disputed islands Updated: Apr-08-14 1:34 am
- China's tomb day: With no body, how to mourn? Updated: Apr-04-14 1:49 pm
PERTH, Australia - A robotic submarine has finished its sixth trip to the bottom of the Indian Ocean in the hunt for wreckage from the missing Malaysia Airlines plane, six weeks after the aircraft mysteriously disappeared, the search coordination center said Saturday.
BEIJING - Faced with growing public anger about a poisonous environment, China's government released a yearslong study that shows nearly one-fifth of the country's farmland is contaminated with toxic metals, a stunning indictment of unfettered industrialization under the Communist Party's authoritarian rule.
RIO DE JANEIRO - Rio de Janeiro Mayor Eduardo Paes is viewed as the key person to speed up the city's delayed Olympics Games preparations. He has been the point man when all three levels of Brazilian government have debated expenditures for the 2016 Games.
HONG KONG - As China's growth inexorably slows, manufacturers such as Linan Meite Cable are discovering that being an efficient low-cost producer is no longer enough to prosper.
BEIJING - China's automakers are the underdogs heading into next week's Beijing auto show, where foreign and domestic brands will jostle for attention in a market that is increasingly difficult for homegrown models.
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazilian government officials announced Wednesday that almost $11 billion (24.1 billion Brazilian reals) will be spent on major transportation and environmental projects, which they argue are not related to holding the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics.
OSAKA, Japan - South Korean club Pohang Steelers beat Japan's Cerezo Osaka 2-0 to secure a second-round spot in the Asian Champions League on Wednesday.
BEIJING - Since Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 went missing, some lawyers have claimed they can get several millions of dollars in damages for each lost passenger by taking the cases to the United States. But past lawsuits show U.S. federal courts are more likely to throw such cases out if the crashes happened overseas.
BEIJING - China's economic growth slowed further in the latest quarter but appeared strong enough to satisfy Chinese leaders who are trying to put the country on a more sustainable path without politically dangerous job losses.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration is raising concern about the value of China's currency but is declining, as in recent years, to accuse Beijing of manipulating it.
BEIJING - Norway donated a restored Chinese silent film from the 1920s to China's national film archive on Tuesday, despite a prolonged diplomatic chill between the countries over the 2010 Nobel Peace Prize.
BEIJING - His head covered in a black hood, lawyer Tang Jitian recalls being taken into a room and hearing the sound of a rope being pulled. The handcuffs behind him were jerked upward and soon he was dangling in the air.
Michael Phelps, the most decorated Olympian ever, is coming out of retirement to swim next week at the Arena Grand Prix in Arizona.
Michael Phelps will be facing quite an opponent when he returns to the pool.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Middle Tennessee State University President Sidney McPhee was honored by the state Senate for an award he received in Beijing.
JAKARTA, Indonesia - The Indonesian mother of three had flown without her kids before, but this was the first time she gave her eldest a to-do list in case something happened on the flight she and her husband were taking.
UNITED NATIONS - Many countries at this week's U.N. population conference are objecting to the idea of enshrining the right of women to make their own sexual decisions, fearing it would tacitly condone same-sex relationships, the U.N. population chief said.
BEIJING - A Beijing court Friday upheld a four-year prison term for the founder of a Chinese grassroots movement to promote clean governance, drawing criticism and calls for his release from rights groups and the U.S. government.
BEIJING - China's growth in auto sales decelerated further in March and local brands lost market share in the face of intense foreign competition, an industry group reported Friday.
BEIJING - China's consumer inflation edged up in March as food prices rose despite signs the world's second-largest economy is slowing.
BEIJING - Beijing artist Liang Kegang returned from a business trip in southern France with well-rested lungs and a small item of protest against his home city's choking pollution: a glass jar of clean, Provence air.
ULAN BATOR, Mongolia - After days of high-profile, pressure-filled meetings, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel got to horse around a bit during a short stop in Mongolia on Thursday.
BEIJING - China reported an unexpected contraction in exports in March, raising the danger of job losses as Beijing tries to overhaul its slowing economy.
BEIJING - The defense chiefs of China and the U.S. faced off Tuesday over Beijing's escalating territorial disputes in the region, as Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel, wagging his finger, said China doesn't have the right to unilaterally establish an air defense zone over disputed islands with no consultation.
ZIWEI VILLAGE, China - The Li family wonders how to spend Saturday's annual Tomb-Sweeping Day. The three Li brothers usually visit their mother's grave in their rugged village in northeast China, but absent this year is the youngest brother - a passenger aboard the missing Malaysian airliner.