- Family of Texas man on flight comforted by faith Updated: Mar-09-14 8:25 pm
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door Updated: Mar-09-14 6:53 pm
- Behind jet's passenger list is rich human tapestry Updated: Mar-09-14 9:47 am
- State Department: 3 Americans on missing plane Updated: Mar-08-14 10:02 am
- China defiant on territory claims, demands respect Updated: Mar-08-14 3:10 am
- China's February exports down 18 percent Updated: Mar-08-14 12:22 am
- Report: Vietnam detects signals from missing plane Updated: Mar-07-14 11:10 pm
- Dalai Lama: China 'great' but gov't 'harmful' Updated: Mar-07-14 2:00 pm
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Putin Updated: Mar-07-14 9:04 am
- China allows first corporate bond default Updated: Mar-07-14 6:58 am
- China says priority is jobs, not growth target Updated: Mar-06-14 12:38 am
- Anthony named AP's Asia-Pacific news director Updated: Mar-05-14 11:56 am
- China vows tough reforms, stronger defense Updated: Mar-05-14 5:16 am
- China: Attackers acted after failing to go abroad Updated: Mar-05-14 4:13 am
- China premier promises to advance economy reforms Updated: Mar-04-14 10:20 pm
- Chinese plead for Canada to let them immigrate Updated: Mar-04-14 2:40 pm
- Experts skeptical of Kunming link to global terror Updated: Mar-04-14 3:10 am
- Reform advocates watch China meeting for change Updated: Mar-04-14 2:17 am
- China's Xi amasses power to tackle grim challenges Updated: Mar-03-14 3:46 am
- North Korea deports Australian missionary Updated: Mar-02-14 11:56 pm
- Chinese media outlet uses racial slur at US envoy Updated: Feb-28-14 2:17 pm
- China busts major Web-based baby trafficking rings Updated: Feb-28-14 3:43 am
- China's president heads cybersecurity body Updated: Feb-27-14 11:49 pm
- US ambassador urges China to respect human rights Updated: Feb-27-14 12:45 pm
- Shift to mobile Internet hits Baidu profit Updated: Feb-26-14 9:43 pm
KELLER, Texas - The brothers of a North Texas man who was aboard the Malaysia Airlines flight that went missing over the South China Sea said Sunday their family is leaning on faith and holding out hope for good news about the man they last saw about a week ago.
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Vietnamese aircraft spotted what they suspected was one of the doors of a missing Boeing 777 on Sunday, while troubling questions emerged about how two passengers managed to board the ill-fated aircraft using stolen passports.
BANGKOK - Numbered 1 to 227, the passenger manifest for the missing Malaysia Airlines jet is an outwardly unremarkable document.
WASHINGTON - The State Department confirms that three Americans were aboard the Malaysia Airlines jet that vanished Saturday.
BEIJING - China will never make concessions in territorial disputes with its neighbors, while good relations with the U.S. depend on Washington respecting Beijing's sovereignty claims, Foreign Minister Wang Yi said Saturday.
BEIJING - China's exports plunged by an unexpectedly large 18 percent in February, possibly denting hopes trade will help drive the slowing economy while communist leaders push ambitious promised reforms.
BEIJING - Vietnamese media reported that authorities have detected signals from a missing Malaysia Airlines flight off the southwestern coast of Vietnam on Saturday, hours after the flight went missing during a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.
WASHINGTON - The Dalai Lama called China a "great nation" but criticized its governmental system as "harmful" during an address Friday at Washington's National Cathedral
WASHINGTON - One by one, President Barack Obama's warnings to Russia are being brushed aside by President Vladimir Putin, who appears to only be speeding up efforts to formally stake his claim to Ukraine's Crimean Peninsula.
BEIJING - Chinese authorities allowed the country's first corporate bond default on Friday, inflicting losses on small investors in a painful step toward making its financial system more market-oriented.
BEIJING - China's finance minister said Thursday that creating jobs is the government's priority this year and economic growth below the official target of 7.5 percent might be acceptable.
NEW YORK - Ted Anthony, an award-winning journalist who has reported from 20 countries and pioneered innovative cross-platform story-telling at The Associated Press, has been named Asia-Pacific news director for the news cooperative.
BEIJING - China's government responded to public demands for bold leadership with vows Wednesday to press long-sought market reforms, defend against terrorism after a horrific slashing attack, and heavily boost military spending amid rising tensions with Japan.
BEIJING - A Chinese official said the eight suspects in a knife attack that killed 29 people at a train station over the weekend waged the assault after they were unable to leave the country to join a "holy war," state media reported Wednesday.
BEIJING - China's government promised sweeping reforms Wednesday to promote sustainable growth in its slowing economy by opening state-dominated industries to private investment, making its banks more market-oriented and encouraging consumer spending.
BEIJING - Chinese millionaires on Tuesday pleaded for the Canadian government not to throw away the immigration applications of thousands of Chinese nationals as part of its plans to end a backlogged investor program.
KUNMING, China - China says the vicious slashing spree that killed 29 people in a southern city was the work of separatists linked to international terrorism, but the assailants' homespun methods and low-tech weapons - nothing more than long knives - have led some analysts to suspect they didn't get outside help.
BEIJING - Fledgling entrepreneurs in Liaoning province in China's northeast received a Lunar New Year gift in January when the government scrapped fees of up to $1,600 for registering a new business.
BEIJING - Xi Jinping looks more powerful than any Chinese leader in recent decades as his government prepares to deliver its first one-year report card Wednesday, but a deadly weekend slashing spree by alleged separatists was a reminder of the serious challenges facing his administration.
BEIJING - North Korea on Monday deported an Australian missionary detained for spreading Christianity in the country, saying he apologized for his anti-state religious acts and requested forgiveness.
BEIJING - A major Chinese government news service used a racist slur to describe the departing American ambassador in a mean-spirited editorial on Friday that drew widespread public condemnation in China.
BEIJING - Chinese police have rescued 382 abducted babies and arrested 1,094 suspects in a national operation that busted four major Internet-based baby trafficking rings, the Public Security Ministry said Friday.
BEIJING - Chinese President Xi Jinping has put himself in charge of a new body to coordinate cybersecurity, in a sign of Beijing's concern over its vulnerability to online attacks and its desire to retain tight control over the Internet.
BEIJING - The outgoing U.S. ambassador to China urged Beijing on Thursday to respect the rights of peaceful political activists and said Washington was deeply concerned about the fate of a minority scholar charged with separatism.
BEIJING - Baidu Inc., which operates China's leading search engine, said Thursday its quarterly profit edged down 0.4 percent as it spent heavily to promote mobile services amid an industrywide scramble to keep up with users who increasingly surf the Web on smartphones.