- China asks pilots to master low-visibility landing Updated: Dec-12-13 7:16 am
- China residents drink pesticide in Beijing protest Updated: Dec-11-13 8:25 am
- Bach: Russia to set up protest zones in Sochi Updated: Dec-10-13 2:17 pm
- China November auto sales up 16 percent Updated: Dec-10-13 6:20 am
- Chinese law professor expelled over article Updated: Dec-10-13 5:42 am
- China says it hopes for stability in North Korea Updated: Dec-10-13 4:50 am
- US calls for release of Nobel laureate Liu Xiaobo Updated: Dec-10-13 4:46 am
- China says SKorea's expanded air zone regrettable Updated: Dec-09-13 7:28 am
- MTSU president honored in Beijing Updated: Dec-09-13 5:05 am
- China withholds visas for NYT, Bloomberg reporters Updated: Dec-09-13 3:42 am
- China November inflation declines Updated: Dec-08-13 9:37 pm
- US vet held in N. Korea says he was comfortable Updated: Dec-08-13 7:16 pm
- SKorea expands air defense zone after Chinese move Updated: Dec-08-13 5:56 am
- Japan seeks intl action vs. China's new air zone Updated: Dec-08-13 12:04 am
- Airspace zone downplayed in China-Australia talks Updated: Dec-07-13 7:11 am
- North Korea deports US tourist and Korean War vet Updated: Dec-06-13 11:44 pm
- Biden praises North Korea's release of tourist Updated: Dec-06-13 11:13 pm
- Mandela mourned as inspiration in many struggles Updated: Dec-06-13 2:24 pm
- Biden: Asia's growth 'a chance to bend history' Updated: Dec-06-13 11:40 am
- Smog at extremely hazardous levels in Shanghai Updated: Dec-06-13 7:01 am
- Director Zhang Yimou sued for too many children Updated: Dec-06-13 5:28 am
- Biden spotlights China treatment of US journalists Updated: Dec-05-13 11:25 am
- Nicaragua canal promoter to build Ukraine ports Updated: Dec-05-13 7:47 am
- Ukraine president meets Xi seeking China's support Updated: Dec-05-13 5:47 am
- Nissan looks to no-frills China brand for revival Updated: Dec-05-13 2:07 am
BEIJING - Chinese aviation authorities will soon require captains of domestic flights into Beijing to master low-visibility landings to combat chronic flight delays that have been worsened by heavy smog.
BEIJING - A dozen residents of a central Chinese city protested the demolition of their homes by drinking pesticide in Beijing in a desperate bid for attention that underscores the failures of a decades-old petitioning system.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - IOC President Thomas Bach said Russia will set up public protest zones in Sochi during the Winter Olympics, a move unlikely to defuse criticism of the country's human rights record and a recent law banning gay "propaganda."
BEIJING - China's auto sales rose 16 percent in November as Japanese automakers extended a rebound in the world's biggest vehicle market, an industry group reported Tuesday.
BEIJING - A Chinese law professor said Tuesday that he has been expelled from his college after he refused to recant an article he wrote calling for constitutional rule in China.
BEIJING - China, North Korea's most important ally, said Tuesday it wants friendly relations and hopes for stability in its neighbor following the purging of a top official considered close to Beijing.
BEIJING - Five years after his detention, the United States is calling for the release of Chinese Nobel Peace Prize winner Liu Xiaobo and an end to his wife's undeclared house arrest.
BEIJING - China expressed regret on Monday over South Korea's expansion of its air defense zone, which partially overlaps a similar zone declared by Beijing.
MURFREESBORO, Tennessee - Middle Tennessee State University President Sidney McPhee was recently honored in Beijing.
BEIJING - Chinese authorities have been withholding residence visas for reporters working for The New York Times and Bloomberg in apparent retaliation for the agencies' investigative stories on wealth accumulated by leaders' families.
BEIJING - China's inflation edged down in November, giving Beijing more room to ease monetary policy and stimulate the economy if needed.
SAN FRANCISCO - A day after arriving home to California, the 85-year-old U.S. veteran detained for weeks by North Korea said Sunday that he was well-fed and kept comfortable in a hotel room, not a jail cell.
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea on Sunday announced an expansion of its air defense zone following China's move to establish a similar zone that has been criticized by Beijing's neighbors.
TACLOBAN, Philippines - Japan's defense minister called on the international community Sunday to oppose China's recently declared maritime air defense zone over the East China Sea and possibly over the disputed South China Sea.
BEIJING - Australia's foreign minister said Saturday that economic matters rather than a dispute over China's recently declared maritime air defense zone dominated talks she held with senior Chinese officials.
SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea on Saturday deported an elderly U.S. tourist, apparently ending the saga of Merrill Newman's return to the North six decades after he advised South Korean guerrillas still loathed by Pyongyang.
SEOUL, South Korea - Vice President Joe Biden praised North Korea's release of an elderly U.S. tourist Saturday, but admonished the North for detaining him in the first place and called for another detained American to be swiftly released.
Nelson Mandela led black South Africans in their struggle to throw off the yoke of white rule and then helped the entire nation heal the wounds of racial division.
SEOUL, South Korea - Seeking to reassure wary allies, Vice President Joe Biden on Friday pushed back against those who question America's commitment to Asia, which has at times been obscured by an array of distractions at home and abroad.
SHANGHAI - Shanghai authorities ordered schoolchildren indoors and halted all construction Friday as China's financial hub suffered one of its worst bouts of air pollution, bringing visibility down to a few dozen meters, delaying flights and obscuring the city's spectacular skyline.
BEIJING - Famed Chinese film director Zhang Yimou is being sued by two lawyers for breaking China's one-child policy, in what they say is a protest against rich people flouting the rules.
BEIJING - Casting a spotlight on China's controls on the media, Vice President Joe Biden met with U.S. journalists working in Beijing Thursday after publicly criticizing how they're treated by China's government.
BEIJING - The Chinese businessman best known for winning a contract to build a canal across Nicaragua announced he will spearhead a $3 billion joint venture to construct a deep-water port and refurbish the Sevastopol port on Ukraine's Crimean Peninsula.
HUADU, China - His Chinese sedan was a disappointment. So when truck driver Xie Yanzhen needed to replace it, he turned to Venucia, a 2-year-old no-frills brand launched by Nissan and a Chinese partner.