- China set to punish web giant Sina for pornography Updated: Apr-24-14 10:13 am
- Obama rejects notion that trade deal is in danger Updated: Apr-24-14 9:42 am
- China demands local solutions for grievances Updated: Apr-24-14 6:50 am
- China splurging on military as US pulls back Updated: Apr-24-14 5:28 am
- China frees Japanese boat after boat owner pays up Updated: Apr-24-14 2:46 am
- China to open 8 state industries for investment Updated: Apr-24-14 12:10 am
- China says quality of its groundwater has worsened Updated: Apr-23-14 6:25 am
- Luxury automakers scramble to woo young Chinese Updated: Apr-23-14 4:42 am
- China Mobile profit down 9.4 percent Updated: Apr-22-14 11:28 pm
- Survey: China manufacturing shrinks for 4th month Updated: Apr-22-14 11:26 pm
- Tesla delivers first China cars, plans expansion Updated: Apr-22-14 10:01 am
- Automakers unveil China-focused models in Beijing Updated: Apr-20-14 11:07 am
- GM boosting China production capacity to 5 million Updated: Apr-20-14 10:52 am
- China says one-fifth of its farmland is polluted Updated: Apr-18-14 4:34 am
- Rio Mayor says no sports 'mausoleum' like Beijing Updated: Apr-17-14 4:15 pm
- China factories face new challenge as growth slows Updated: Apr-17-14 9:52 am
- Brazil unveils $11 billion in 'legacy' budget Updated: Apr-16-14 6:20 pm
- If filed, plane lawsuits might not get heard in US Updated: Apr-16-14 5:29 am
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q Updated: Apr-16-14 5:28 am
- US declines to name China a currency manipulator Updated: Apr-15-14 8:18 pm
- Norway restores, donates 1927 silent film to China Updated: Apr-15-14 8:01 am
- Chinese lawyers say they were tortured by police Updated: Apr-15-14 4:55 am
- Phelps will be racing himself in swimming comeback Updated: Apr-14-14 7:35 pm
- Phelps will be racing himself in swimming comeback Updated: Apr-14-14 7:25 pm
- Senate resolution honors MTSU president Updated: Apr-14-14 5:50 pm
BEIJING - China plans to revoke two crucial publication licenses for Sina.com, which might partially ban the web giant's operations, because obscene content was found during an anti-pornography crackdown, state media said Thursday.
TOKYO - As trade negotiators struggled to overcome their differences, President Barack Obama on Thursday rejected suggestions that an Asia-Pacific trade deal is in danger and urged the U.S. and Japan to take bold steps to complete an agreement that is key to his agenda in the region.
BEIJING - For decades, members of the Chinese public with grievances against local governments have been traveling to Beijing in the time-honored tradition of appealing to the country's highest authorities.
QINGDAO, China - China's navy commissioned 17 new warships last year, the most of any nation. In a little more than a decade, it's expected to have three aircraft carriers, giving it more clout than ever in a region of contested seas and festering territorial disputes.
BEIJING - A Chinese court released a seized Japanese freight ship Thursday after owner Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. agreed to pay about $39 million to resolve a dispute dating back more than seven decades.
BEIJING - China's government says it will open 80 projects in eight state-run industries to private and foreign investors as part of efforts to make its slowing economy more productive.
BEIJING - Nearly 60 percent of the groundwater at sites monitored throughout China is of poor or extremely poor quality, with excessive amounts of pollutants, according to an annual report by the Ministry of Land and Resources.
BEIJING - At age 32, Jason Jia already is the kind of customer luxury automakers are seeking as competition grows in China's lucrative but crowded market.
BEIJING - China Mobile Ltd., the world's biggest phone carrier by number of subscribers, said Wednesday its quarterly profit declined 9.4 percent from a year earlier despite a rise in customer numbers as spending per account declined.
HONG KONG - Factory activity in China shrank for the fourth straight month in April, though the decline was slightly slower, a survey on Wednesday said, in a possible sign the slowdown in the world's No. 2 economy is stabilizing.
BEIJING - Tesla Motors Inc. delivered its first eight electric sedans to customers in China on Tuesday and CEO Elon Musk said the company will build a nationwide network of charging stations and service centers as fast as it can.
BEIJING - Ford Motor Co. on Sunday unveiled a new Escort sedan designed in China for global sale at a Beijing auto show that highlighted the growing influence of Chinese tastes on the industry.
BEIJING - The president of General Motors said Sunday that the company and local partners are boosting production capacity for GM-brand vehicles in China to 5 million.
BEIJING - Faced with growing public anger about a poisonous environment, China's government released a yearslong study that shows nearly one-fifth of the country's farmland is contaminated with toxic metals, a stunning indictment of unfettered industrialization under the Communist Party's authoritarian rule.
RIO DE JANEIRO - Rio de Janeiro Mayor Eduardo Paes is viewed as the key person to speed up the city's delayed Olympics Games preparations. He has been the point man when all three levels of Brazilian government have debated expenditures for the 2016 Games.
HONG KONG - As China's growth inexorably slows, manufacturers such as Linan Meite Cable are discovering that being an efficient low-cost producer is no longer enough to prosper.
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazilian government officials announced Wednesday that almost $11 billion (24.1 billion Brazilian reals) will be spent on major transportation and environmental projects, which they argue are not related to holding the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics.
BEIJING - Since Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 went missing, some lawyers have claimed they can get several millions of dollars in damages for each lost passenger by taking the cases to the United States. But past lawsuits show U.S. federal courts are more likely to throw such cases out if the crashes happened overseas.
BEIJING - China's economic growth slowed further in the latest quarter but appeared strong enough to satisfy Chinese leaders who are trying to put the country on a more sustainable path without politically dangerous job losses.
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration is raising concern about the value of China's currency but is declining, as in recent years, to accuse Beijing of manipulating it.
BEIJING - Norway donated a restored Chinese silent film from the 1920s to China's national film archive on Tuesday, despite a prolonged diplomatic chill between the countries over the 2010 Nobel Peace Prize.
BEIJING - His head covered in a black hood, lawyer Tang Jitian recalls being taken into a room and hearing the sound of a rope being pulled. The handcuffs behind him were jerked upward and soon he was dangling in the air.
Michael Phelps, the most decorated Olympian ever, is coming out of retirement to swim next week at the Arena Grand Prix in Arizona.
Michael Phelps will be facing quite an opponent when he returns to the pool.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Middle Tennessee State University President Sidney McPhee was honored by the state Senate for an award he received in Beijing.