- Chef at Santa Monica whale sushi restaurant sentenced Updated: May-05-15 12:20 am
LOS ANGELES - A chef who worked at a Santa Monica restaurant that illegally served whale meat has been sentenced.
- Appeals court upholds ban on Nativity scene displays Updated: Apr-30-15 5:23 pm
SANTA MONICA, California - A Southern California city's decision to ban winter displays in a public park did not violate the free speech rights of Nativity scene supporters, a federal appeals court ruled on Thursday.
- Architect Vazquez, who designed Levi's Stadium, dies at 59 Updated: Apr-28-15 1:39 pm
SANTA MONICA, California - Fernando Vazquez, the prolific architect who designed sports arenas including the San Francisco 49ers' new stadium and took on smaller projects including restaurants and community centers, has died.
- Santa Monica filmmaker killed in Everest avalanche Updated: Apr-27-15 7:28 am
SANTA MONICA, California - A Santa Monica documentary filmmaker died in a Mount Everest avalanche triggered by a recent earthquake that shook Nepal.
- California couple reported missing after Nepal earthquake Updated: Apr-26-15 7:43 pm
SANTA MONICA, California - A Southern California couple visiting Nepal has not been heard from since the crushing earthquake that struck Nepal.
- 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 3': 5 ways it's different Updated: Apr-26-15 1:31 pm
SANTA MONICA, California - "Call of Duty: Black Ops 3" is enlisting a few new recruits.
- Cougar leaves den, crosses 2 freeways on way to new home Updated: Apr-24-15 10:25 pm
SIMI VALLEY, California - A Southern California mountain lion known to researchers as P-32 has struck out on his own and made a new home in a rare and significant move for the region's cougar community, researchers said Friday.
- GPS tracked movements of Los Angeles mountain lion Updated: Apr-17-15 5:53 pm
LOS ANGELES - Tracking data revealed that a mountain lion that triggered a ruckus when it was discovered under a Los Angeles home had only been there a short time, and it quickly returned to an urban wilderness after being left alone, the National Park Service said Friday.
- After 5-year absence, 'Guitar Hero,' 'Rock Band' to return Updated: Apr-14-15 5:47 pm
SANTA MONICA, California - The publisher of "Guitar Hero" is readying a comeback tour.
- Study suggests adding 173,000 acres to LA-area parkland Updated: Apr-14-15 4:38 pm
LOS ANGELES - The National Park Service is recommends adding 173,000 acres of land around Los Angeles to the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area in order to protect the vast web of wilderness and recreation areas in the midst of millions of people.
- Brandywine grad offers bridesmaid dress rentals online Updated: Apr-11-15 9:26 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Stand-up comedian Megan Mooney spoke for generations of bridesmaids when she said the bride-to-be always tries to talk up the ugly bridesmaid's dress.