- George Washington health school named for Milken Updated: Mar-11-14 4:10 pm
- No retirement in sight for Jerry Bruckheimer Updated: Mar-11-14 9:16 am
- Ethiopians sweep LA Marathon Updated: Mar-09-14 3:11 pm
- Jury awards $5M for rape at California night club Updated: Mar-02-14 1:52 pm
- '12 Years a Slave' rolls at Spirit Awards Updated: Mar-02-14 12:59 am
- Lisa Kudrow ordered to pay ex-manager $1.6 million Updated: Feb-26-14 8:16 pm
- Santa Monica agrees to save anti-war sculpture Updated: Feb-26-14 12:02 am
- Firefighters hurt in West Hollywood building fire Updated: Feb-18-14 4:32 pm
- Santa Monica to eye buildings for quake safety Updated: Feb-14-14 2:35 pm
- Judge throws out Santa Monica airport lawsuit Updated: Feb-14-14 9:07 am
WASHINGTON - George Washington University will name its public health school for Michael Milken, a philanthropist and advocate for medical research, after he helped generate three record-setting gifts totaling $80 million for the school.
SANTA MONICA, California - On a quiet morning amid the awards-season rush, Jerry Bruckheimer's shaggy golden retriever, Harper, is easily the most animated in the building.
SANTA MONICA, California - Amane Gobena ran two marathons in two months, and after winning the second in Los Angeles, she'll now have enough money for that dream home.
SANTA MONICA, California - A California jury has awarded a woman $5.4 million after finding that she was raped in the restroom of a West Hollywood nightclub by an employee of the establishment.
SANTA MONICA, California - "12 Years a Slave" rolled at the Spirit Awards, winning five awards including best feature at the annual independent film celebration.
SANTA MONICA, California - A Los Angeles County jury has ordered Lisa Kudrow to pay her former manager $1.6 million in residuals from her work on "Friends."
SANTA MONICA, California - The two-year chain reaction of controversy that a gigantic sculpture of a nuclear mushroom cloud has set off across Santa Monica's otherwise friendly shores has ended.
WEST HOLLYWOOD, California - Arson investigators were on the scene of an early-morning fire at a West Hollywood office building that injured two firefighters, shut down a busy thoroughfare and caused an estimated $2.5 million in damage, authorities said.
SANTA MONICA, California - Santa Monica is launching an ambitious plan to inspect buildings throughout the city and require seismic retrofitting for those deemed vulnerable during a major earthquake.
SANTA MONICA, California - A federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit by Santa Monica that sought to take control the city's airport back from the federal government.