- USOC endorses Los Angeles for 2024 Olympics bid Updated: Sep-01-15 6:41 pm
LOS ANGELES - The U.S. Olympic Committee on Tuesday named Los Angeles as its candidate for the 2024 Games, replacing Boston's soured bid and marking a comeback for LA's dream of becoming a three-time Olympic host.
- Political watchdog board approves hefty campaign fines Updated: Aug-20-15 7:40 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California's political watchdog agency approved large fines Thursday against two state senators and a campaign committee that spent $3.3 million backing Gov. Jerry Brown in 2010.
- Roving mountain lion killed trying to cross Interstate 5 Updated: Aug-13-15 6:27 pm
CASTAIC, California - A young mountain lion that crossed roads and freeways on a 50-mile journey to reach a new home north of Los Angeles has died under the wheels of a car, authorities said Thursday.
- Stuff that led to Santa Monica beach closure is fatty acid Updated: Aug-06-15 1:16 am
SANTA MONICA, California - Lifeguards say a substance that forced the closure of a section of beach in Santa Monica is a fatty acid not dangerous to humans.
- Billionaire wants oil refiners to disclose California profit Updated: Aug-05-15 8:12 pm
SANTA MONICA, California - Billionaire environmentalist Tom Steyer called on California legislators Wednesday to require oil companies to disclose how much they make in profits from refining oil in the state.
- Activision Blizzard tops Street 2Q forecasts Updated: Aug-04-15 4:43 pm
SANTA MONICA, California - Activision Blizzard Inc. (ATVI) on Tuesday reported second-quarter profit of $212 million.