- Roundup of Arkansas editorials Updated: Dec-01-15 9:36 am
Here are excerpts from recent editorials in Arkansas newspapers:
- Wal-Mart launches campaign, gift to fund veterans charity Updated: Dec-01-15 8:10 am
BENTONVILLE, Arkansas - Arkansas-based Wal-Mart Stores Inc. plans to give up to $1.5 million to a charity that provides housing for families of veterans who are in military or veteran hospitals.
- Body of Arkansas man recovered from Intracoastal Waterway Updated: Dec-01-15 6:59 am
BERWICK, Louisiana - St. Mary Parish sheriff's deputies say an Arkansas man reported missing more than a week ago was found dead in the Intracoastal Waterway near Berwick.
- Jonesboro police: 15-year-old killed in accidental shooting Updated: Nov-30-15 8:04 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - Police in Jonesboro say a 15-year-old boy was killed in an accidental shooting in north Jonesboro.
- Arkansas AG approves ballot measure on county terms Updated: Nov-30-15 5:59 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Supporters of a proposal to expand county officials' terms from two to four years have won approval to try and get their measure on the ballot next year.
- 2 from Arkansas State named Sun Belt players of the week Updated: Nov-30-15 3:50 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - Arkansas State quarterback Fredi Knighten and punt returner Blaise Taylor are Sun Belt Conference players of the week.
- Arkansas official says restitution system needs overhaul Updated: Nov-30-15 3:13 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - An Arkansas official says the state's restitution system needs to be overhauled because of difficulty collecting payments.
- Arkansas governor says sentencing guidelines need new look Updated: Nov-30-15 2:51 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson is urging lawmakers to take a new look at the state's sentencing guidelines to find ways to cut the disparities in jail time offenders may receive for the same crimes.
- Fayetteville takes on area homeless program Updated: Nov-30-15 2:40 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The city of Fayetteville will for the first time accept federal grants to help homeless residents find and keep housing after a prominent area shelter bowed out of the housing program.
- Great American Conference names basketball players of week Updated: Nov-30-15 2:32 pm
RUSSELLVILLE, Arkansas - The Great American Conference has named the conference men's and women's basketball players of the week.
- Assistants at Clemson, 'Bama, Oklahoma up for Broyles Award Updated: Nov-30-15 1:51 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Offensive and defensive coordinators from top-ranked Clemson, No. 2 Alabama and No. 3 Oklahoma are among finalists for the Broyles Award, given annually to a top assistant coach in college football.
- Woman pleads not guilty in stabbing death of Little Rock man Updated: Nov-30-15 1:30 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A woman arrested on suspicion of first-degree murder in the stabbing death of a man in Little Rock has pleaded not guilty.
- Arkansas offensive line is finalist for Joe Moore Award Updated: Nov-30-15 12:42 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas offensive line is one of six finalists for the first-ever Joe Moore Award.
- Lonoke man arrested for death of 11-month-old child Updated: Nov-30-15 12:30 pm
LONOKE, Arkansas - A 39-year-old Lonoke man has been arrested for the death of his girlfriend's 11-month-old son.
- Arkansas State to play Michigan State in NCAA volleyball Updated: Nov-30-15 11:58 am
JONESBORO, Arkansas - The Arkansas State volleyball team will play Michigan State in the first round of the 2015 NCAA Volleyball Tournament.
- Flood warnings persist in Arkansas as rain moves out Updated: Nov-30-15 9:49 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Flood warnings remain in effect throughout parts of Arkansas after heavy rainfall caused some river flooding.
- Group seeks public support for mental health crisis centers Updated: Nov-29-15 5:01 pm
FORT SMITH, Arkansas - A coalition of three organizations is traveling Arkansas in search of support to fund crisis intervention centers for the mentally ill to help reduce crowding in county jails and state prisons.
- Arkansas to add case to growing list in juvenile appeals Updated: Nov-29-15 10:44 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Attorney General Leslie Rutledge will ask the U.S. Supreme Court to add an Arkansas case to the growing list of appeals asking whether a 2012 ruling that struck down mandatory life without parole sentences for juveniles convicted of murder should be applied retroactively.
- Arkansas State beats New Mexico State 52-28 Updated: Nov-28-15 7:36 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - Fredi Knighten threw two touchdown passes, ran for another, and Arkansas State beat New Mexico State 52-28 on Saturday.
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff holds on for 62-60 win over SE Louisiana Updated: Nov-28-15 7:21 pm
WEST POINT, New York - JoVaughn Love hit two late jump shots and grabbed a rebound off a missed free throw to help Arkansas-Pine Bluff hold on for a 62-60 win over Southeastern Louisiana in the Barclays Center Classic on Saturday night.
- UALR slips past Tulsa 64-60 to remain unbeaten Updated: Nov-28-15 6:48 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Josh Hagins scored 17 points and grabbed 10 rebounds to lead undefeated Arkansas-Little Rock to a 64-60 win over Tulsa on Saturday.
- Weisner leads No. 7 Oregon State women past Arkansas Updated: Nov-28-15 6:32 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Oregon State faced its first challenge of the young season and held off pesky Arkansas.
- Northwest Arkansas group to present Open Space Plan publicly Updated: Nov-28-15 2:51 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - The Northwest Arkansas Regional Planning Commission has completed the final draft of an Open Space Plan for the region and will present it at three public workshops.
- The Latest: Flood warnings, watches across Arkansas Updated: Nov-28-15 12:45 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The latest on heavy rainfall in Arkansas' forecast through the holiday weekend (all times local):
- Little Rock offers city jobs to convicted felons Updated: Nov-28-15 12:30 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The city of Little Rock is providing jobs to convicted felons - including work with the police department - in an effort to help them re-enter society and not return to prison.