- Griffin: Changes needed to Common Core standards Updated: Jul-28-15 4:19 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Lt. Gov. Tim Griffin says he thinks Arkansas should keep some elements of Common Core but make changes where necessary and rename the controversial education standards to more closely reflect the state's needs.
- Coaches pick Ouachita to win Great American in 2015 Updated: Jul-28-15 1:41 pm
RUSSELLVILLE, Arkansas - Coaches in the Great American Conference have picked defending champion Ouachita Baptist to win the league football title in 2015.
- Investigation into former Searcy police chief nears end Updated: Jul-28-15 12:55 pm
SEARCY, Arkansas - An investigation into the former police chief in Searcy by federal agents is nearing an end, according to prosecutors.
- Arkansas highway commission approves bid for interchanges Updated: Jul-28-15 11:19 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas State Highway Commission has approved a $1.8 million bid for improvements to 25 interchanges on several highways in seven counties.
- Craighead County sends out final bills for uncollected fees Updated: Jul-28-15 10:53 am
JONESBORO, Arkansas - The Craighead County Election Commission has sent final bills to all but one of the cities and towns in the county for election fees that went uncollected since 2008.
- Arkansas couple arrested after kids found in middle of road Updated: Jul-28-15 2:16 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A couple has been arrested after police say their two young children were found alone in the middle of a busy street in Little Rock.
- Arkansas board votes to end Rebel mascot, 'Dixie' song Updated: Jul-27-15 9:52 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A school board in northwestern Arkansas voted Monday to drop a high school's "Johnny Reb" mascot and "Dixie" fight song after the shooting deaths of nine people inside their historic black church in South Carolina reignited a debate nationwide about the use of symbols of the Confederacy.
- Central Arkansas-Houston Baptist football on TV Oct. 10 Updated: Jul-27-15 8:06 pm
CONWAY, Arkansas - Central Arkansas will appear on TV this season under a deal the Southland Conference has reached with the Sinclair Networks Group.
- Olson named assistant women's basketball coach at Henderson Updated: Jul-27-15 7:56 pm
ARKADELPHIA, Arkansas - Trevor Olson has been named the top assistant coach for the Henderson State women's basketball team.
- 3 teens in Arkansas slaying investigation being returned Updated: Jul-27-15 7:56 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Three teenagers sought for questioning in the fatal shooting of an Arkansas couple were on their way back to the state from Texas on Monday.
- Police: Boy found dead in hot car was Arkansas judge's son Updated: Jul-27-15 6:44 pm
HOT SPRINGS, Arkansas - Police say an 18-month-old boy found dead in a hot vehicle in Arkansas last week was the son of a juvenile court judge.
- Man cutting grass finds body in Arkansas field Updated: Jul-27-15 6:25 pm
CABOT, Arkansas - Pulaski County authorities say the body of a man found in a field near Cabot on Sunday has been identified as a missing Bryant man.
- Arkansas attorney general's office rejects 5 pot proposals Updated: Jul-27-15 4:39 pm
CONWAY, Arkansas - The Arkansas attorney general's office has rejected five proposed ballot titles that would have asked voters to legalize marijuana for various purposes.
- Arkansas governor seeks $7.4M to open 200 prison beds Updated: Jul-27-15 4:39 pm
HOT SPRINGS, Arkansas - Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Monday said he wants to tap an additional $7.4 million from Arkansas reserve funds to open 200 more prison beds to help ease the backlog of state inmates housed at local jails.
- Arkansas woman gets check in mail around 17 years later Updated: Jul-27-15 3:59 pm
HARRISON, Arkansas - An Arkansas woman says she finally has received a check in the mail that she had been waiting on for about 17 years.
- Reed wins Texas League honor before being traded to Reds Updated: Jul-27-15 3:09 pm
SPRINGDALE, Arkansas - Former Northwest Arkansas pitcher Cody Reed picked up his first honor as the Texas League's Pitcher of the Week just before being traded from the Kansas City Royals' organization to the Cincinnati Reds'.
- Amazeum children's museum opens in Arkansas Updated: Jul-27-15 1:52 pm
BENTONVILLE, Arkansas - It's a science museum. It's a children's museum. It's the Scott Family Amazeum.
- Little Rock Zoo officials announce birth of chimpanzee Updated: Jul-27-15 12:52 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Little Rock Zoo has announced the birth of a chimpanzee.
- Family gives $1.5 million to Arkansas Children's Hospital Updated: Jul-27-15 12:14 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Children's Hospital says it has received $1.5 million to help fund an endowed chair dedicated to research.
- Arkansas Amazeum; beer, wine and 'shine in NC; Oklahoma spa Updated: Jul-27-15 9:57 am
ARKANSAS CHILDREN'S MUSEUM
- Police: Man found fatally shot in car in Pine Bluff Updated: Jul-27-15 6:31 am
PINE BLUFF, Arkansas - Police are investigating after a man was found shot to death in his car in Pine Bluff.
- Weather service says excessive heat expected in Arkansas Updated: Jul-26-15 6:29 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A heat warning has been issued for several counties in eastern Arkansas and a heat advisory is in effect for the remainder of the state - both through Monday evening.
- De Queen man dies in vehicle crash near Hot Springs Updated: Jul-26-15 4:53 pm
HOT SPRINGS, Arkansas - Arkansas State Police say a De Queen man was killed and several people were injured when the sport utility vehicle they were riding in crashed on Highway 70 near Hot Springs.
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission to inspect Arkansas plant Updated: Jul-26-15 3:51 pm
RUSSELLVILLE, Arkansas - The Nuclear Regulatory Commission has scheduled an inspection at an Arkansas nuclear power plant where a worker was killed nearly 2½ years ago.
- Murder-suicide suspected in Baxter County shooting deaths Updated: Jul-26-15 1:44 pm
MOUNTAIN HOME, Arkansas - Baxter County authorities say murder-suicide is suspected in the deaths of a couple at a home near Mountain Home.