- Few attorneys settling debts after losing Arkansas licenses Updated: Jul-04-15 5:58 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Only a few dozen lawyers have moved to reclaim their licenses after nearly one in 10 attorneys authorized to practice in Arkansas had their licenses suspended over unpaid fees, according to the state Supreme Court clerk.
- Analysis: Arkansas court punts on gay marriage issue Updated: Jul-04-15 2:49 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - By punting a same-sex marriage case that sat before it for more than seven months, members of the Arkansas Supreme Court left unresolved a serious question about how sacrosanct a voter-approved constitutional amendment really is.
- Police: 2 dead in Little Rock apartment shooting Updated: Jul-04-15 12:28 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Little Rock police are investigating a shooting at an area apartment complex that left two men dead.
- Arkansas leaders try to diffuse war of words on gay marriage Updated: Jul-03-15 6:49 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Opposition from Arkansas legislative leaders to the U.S. Supreme Court's recent ruling lifting the ban on gay marriage nationwide bubbled over into a war of words late Thursday between the state's legislative and executive branches.
- Escaped Arkansas inmate captured by authorities Updated: Jul-03-15 3:54 pm
PINE BLUFF, Arkansas - The Arkansas Department of Correction says a state prison escapee has been captured.
- Police: 12-year-old boy shot to death in El Dorado Updated: Jul-03-15 3:38 pm
EL DORADO, Arkansas - Police in El Dorado say a 12-year-old boy has died after being shot on the city's east side.
- Attorney seeks expedited hearing in desegregation case Updated: Jul-03-15 3:11 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - An attorney in the decades-old Little Rock schools desegregation case is asking a federal judge to provide direction on how board members should be elected in the new Jacksonville School District.
- Jefferson County scrounges for funds to meet July payroll Updated: Jul-03-15 2:00 pm
PINE BLUFF, Arkansas - Revenue shortfalls have left Jefferson County officials wondering how they're going to pay many of the county's workers later this month.
- Forecasters issue flood warnings in eastern Arkansas Updated: Jul-03-15 1:31 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - National Weather Service forecasters have warned of flooding in eastern Arkansas but have upgraded the chances for sunny weather on the Fourth of July.
- Director of sales for Arkansas lottery fired Updated: Jul-03-15 1:17 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The former director of sales at the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery was fired Monday, according to documents released by the organization.
- Arkansas State promotes volunteer coach to assistant coach Updated: Jul-03-15 12:12 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - Arkansas State head baseball coach Tommy Raffo has announced the promotion of volunteer assistant Noah Sanders to full-time assistant coach.
- Arkansas hires 2 assistants to softball coaching staff Updated: Jul-03-15 12:06 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Arkansas softball coach Courtney Deifel has announced the hiring of two assistants to her staff.
- Efforts to reduce vulture population at dam see success Updated: Jul-03-15 11:35 am
BULL SHOALS, Arkansas - Workers have succeeded in dropping the number of vultures roosting near Bull Shoals Dam from about 300 to 40 since June 22, a spokesman for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers said Thursday.
- Jonesboro police believe arrest solves string of burglaries Updated: Jul-03-15 9:53 am
JONESBORO, Arkansas - Police in Jonesboro say they believe the arrest of a parole absconder has solved a string of residential burglaries on the city's north side.
- Hearing delayed for Arkansas woman charged with son's death Updated: Jul-03-15 9:46 am
DANVILLE, Arkansas - A pretrial hearing has been postponed for an Arkansas woman charged with manslaughter in the death of her 10-month-old son.
- Springdale man gets life in prison for killing mother Updated: Jul-03-15 6:31 am
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - A man accused of fatally shooting his mother in Springdale has been sentenced to life in prison.
- Arkansas Republican caucuses plan religious protections Updated: Jul-02-15 6:54 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas state Senate Republicans are working on legislation to reinforce protections for religious organizations in response to last week's U.S. Supreme Court ruling legalizing gay marriage nationwide.
- Hot Springs board votes to buy remnants of historic hotel Updated: Jul-02-15 6:28 pm
HOT SPRINGS, Arkansas - The Hot Springs City Board has voted to buy the remnants of the historic Majestic Hotel downtown.
- Benton unveils inflatable mascot named Ben Updated: Jul-02-15 6:02 pm
BENTON, Arkansas - Benton officials have unveiled a middle-aged inflatable mascot designed to promote economic growth.
- Arkansas agency makes change with health exchange shift Updated: Jul-02-15 5:20 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A shift in governance over the state's health insurance exchanges has prompted the Arkansas Insurance Department to dissolve one oversight division and create another one.
- Police: Chief thwarts downtown cellphone robbery Updated: Jul-02-15 4:16 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Authorities say the head of Arkansas' largest police department foiled a robbery that he witnessed downtown.
- Arkansas DHS, Shorter College create partnership Updated: Jul-02-15 3:57 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Department of Human Services and Shorter College in North Little Rock have created a program to offer college credits to youth at a DHS residential facility.
- Murder charge dropped in 2006 killing of Fayetteville woman Updated: Jul-02-15 3:29 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Prosecutors dismissed a capital murder charge against a 29-year-old man accused of killing a 21-year-old Northwest Arkansas Community College student in 2006.
- Transportation crews plan more closures in west Little Rock Updated: Jul-02-15 3:10 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas transportation officials will close ramps and lanes overnight near the state's busiest intersection next week.
- Post player transfers to Arkansas basketball team Updated: Jul-02-15 2:37 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - University of Arkansas basketball coach Mike Anderson has announced the transfer of a 6-foot-10 post player from Kennesaw State to the Razorbacks.