- Little Rock chicken, fowl owners ask for loose rules in city Updated: Feb-04-16 3:48 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Little Rock's animal services director will soon present proposed revisions to regulations for keeping chickens and other fowl in city limits to the Animal Services Advisory Board.
- Arkansas governor calls meeting 'good start' on Medicaid Updated: Feb-04-16 3:00 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson is calling his meeting with federal officials this week a "good start" to his proposal to add new limitations to the state's hybrid Medicaid expansion.
- Booneville substitute teacher faces child pornography charge Updated: Feb-04-16 2:54 pm
BOONEVILLE, Arkansas - A Booneville woman faces a felony charge of computer child pornography after being accused of exchanging nude photos with a minor through social media app Snapchat.
- Arkansas court: Bad closing not enough for new sentence Updated: Feb-04-16 1:48 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas' high court says a death row inmate isn't entitled to a new sentencing hearing just because his lawyer may have delivered "one of the worst" closing arguments of his career.
- Arkansas GOP, having embraced term limits, is now conflicted Updated: Feb-04-16 12:23 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - More than two decades ago, Arkansas was among the first states to embrace the term limits movement by restricting how long lawmakers could serve in its Legislature. No one championed the movement more loudly than the state's Republicans, who saw it as a way to loosen the Democratic Party's generations-old grip on Arkansas' elected offices.
- Arkansas police seek clues in hit-and-run accident Updated: Feb-04-16 11:15 am
BODCAW, Arkansas - Arkansas State Police are seeking clues into a weekend hit-and-run accident that left a Rosston man dead near Bodcaw.
- New Texarkana mayor being treated for breast cancer Updated: Feb-04-16 11:05 am
TEXARKANA, Arkansas - The mayor of Texarkana, Arkansas, says she is being treated for Stage 1 breast cancer.
- Donald Trump's plane makes emergency landing in Nashville Updated: Feb-04-16 7:27 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Donald Trump's plane was diverted to the Nashville International Airport after the control tower received a report that the plane was experiencing engine trouble.
- 3 teenagers charged in Fort Smith death plead not guilty Updated: Feb-04-16 6:48 am
FORT SMITH, Arkansas - Three teenagers charged as adults in the shooting death of a University of Arkansas at Fort Smith student have pleaded not guilty.
- Missouri's Odom adds 2 RBs in first recruiting class Updated: Feb-04-16 12:52 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Barry Odom has filled a sudden vacancy at quarterback and Missouri's new coach said on-campus turmoil was no factor in assembling his first recruiting class.
- Florida beats Arkansas 87-83, winning 9 of last 10 in series Updated: Feb-03-16 10:34 pm
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Three months into the season, Florida has found an identity.
- THE LATEST: Oklahoma lands last big recruit of signing day Updated: Feb-03-16 9:29 pm
The latest developments on college football signing day (all times EST):
- Arkansas signs top RB to fill void left by Collins, Williams Updated: Feb-03-16 6:21 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Bret Bielema's lengthy history of coaching standout running backs has helped him land yet another top rusher.
- Arkansas Treasurer signs settlement in ethics violation Updated: Feb-03-16 6:01 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Treasurer Dennis Milligan signed a settlement letter with the Arkansas Ethics Commission on Wednesday, agreeing to four findings of probable campaign reporting violations.
- Arkansas State signs 27, including 2 QBS, in class Updated: Feb-03-16 6:00 pm
JONESBORO, Arkansas - Arkansas State coach Blake Anderson says the Sun Belt Conference champions have signed 27 players from 11 different states on National Signing Day.
- Ex-Romney aide named new director of Arkansas DHS agency Updated: Feb-03-16 3:14 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A former health care adviser to Mitt Romney has been named the new director of the Arkansas Department of Human Services.
- Texarkana woman on trial for fellow square dancer's death Updated: Feb-03-16 3:10 pm
TEXARKANA, Arkansas - Testimony has begun for a woman accused of fatally shooting a fellow square dancer in Texarkana, Arkansas.
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff to retire jerseys of 2 basketball stars Updated: Feb-03-16 2:50 pm
PINE BLUFF, Arkansas - The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff will retire the basketball jerseys of former players Harold Blevins and Jesse Mason.
- Saline County jail inmate walks away from work detail Updated: Feb-03-16 2:44 pm
BENTON, Arkansas - The Saline County Sheriff's Office says a county jail inmate has escaped.
- Conway officer resigns after weapon discharges during arrest Updated: Feb-03-16 10:24 am
CONWAY, Arkansas - A police officer has resigned after an investigation of a January arrest in which his weapon accidentally discharged.
- Arkansas to increase some football ticket prices this fall Updated: Feb-03-16 10:08 am
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Arkansas has announced plans to raise football season ticket prices for many sections of Reynolds Razorback Stadium in Fayetteville this fall.
- National Parks chief: System must appeal more to millennials Updated: Feb-03-16 9:10 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The National Park Service needs to broaden its appeal to millennials as it celebrates its 100th birthday this year, the director of the agency said Tuesday as he touted civil rights sites that aren't traditionally viewed as parks to a younger audience.
- Rubio picks up endorsements from Arkansas leaders Updated: Feb-03-16 7:32 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Two Arkansas congressmen and the state's lieutenant governor backed Marco Rubio for the Republican presidential nomination Wednesday, throwing their support behind the U.S. senator from Florida two days after former Gov. Mike Huckabee ended his White House bid.
- Centerton man gets 15 years in prison for raping girl, 9 Updated: Feb-03-16 5:12 am
BENTONVILLE, Arkansas - A Centerton man has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for raping a 9-year-old girl.
- Northwestern State rolls past Central Arkansas 91-75 Updated: Feb-02-16 10:31 pm
NATCHITOCHES, Louisiana - Zeek Woodley scored 30 points and Northwestern State cruised to a 91-75 victory over Central Arkansas on Tuesday night for its third straight win.