- 76ers tie NBA worst with 0-18 start after loss to Grizzlies Updated: Nov-29-15 10:59 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The Philadelphia 76ers were again poised to end their losing streak. And, as has happened lately, they were unable to close the deal.
- Memphis begins search, names Dickey interim head coach Updated: Nov-29-15 8:02 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Memphis has named offensive coordinator Darrell Dickey interim head coach while it begins seeking a permanent replacement for Justin Fuente, who left Sunday to take over Virginia Tech's program.
- 76ers' Okafor apologizes for choices after recent fight Updated: Nov-29-15 6:16 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Philadelphia 76ers center Jahlil Okafor has apologized through social media for his recent decisions, days after he was involved in a fight in Boston.
- Memphis Belle undergoing painstaking restoration in Dayton Updated: Nov-28-15 4:09 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - It's been a decade since the Memphis Belle left for the National Museum of the Air Force in Dayton, Ohio, and it probably won't be ready for display until May 2018.
- Lynch ties FBS record, Memphis beats SMU 63-0 Updated: Nov-28-15 3:29 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Paxton Lynch tied the FBS record with seven touchdown passes in a half, and Memphis set single-season records for yards and points in a 63-0 win over SMU on Saturday.
- Millsap's double-double leads Hawks over Grizzlies, 116-101 Updated: Nov-28-15 12:49 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Paul Millsap and the Atlanta Hawks didn't panic when Memphis hit a string of early shots to build a double-digit lead.
- Thousands of spiders infest North Memphis neighborhood Updated: Nov-25-15 5:54 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Thousands of spiders have infested a North Memphis neighborhood, prompting a free extermination service and inciting arachnophobia in neighbors.
- Balanced Grizzlies send Mavs to second straight loss Updated: Nov-25-15 12:08 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The Memphis Grizzlies are undefeated in the six games Jeff Green has scored at least 10 points. On Tuesday night, Green had a lot of company in the double-digit category.
- Police: Toddler dies after mom puts him under mattress Updated: Nov-24-15 6:30 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A 19-year-old woman accused of killing her toddler son by putting him under a mattress to discipline him has been indicted on a first-degree murder charge.
- 19-year-old Memphis woman charged in death of toddler son Updated: Nov-24-15 5:45 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A 19-year-old West Tennessee woman accused of killing her toddler son by putting him under a mattress to discipline him has been indicted on a first-degree murder charge.
- State weapons charge dropped in officer's shooting death Updated: Nov-24-15 4:59 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A state weapons charge has been dismissed in connection with the fatal shooting of an off-duty Memphis police officer last month.
- State: Memphis needs to repay some of vehicle station grant Updated: Nov-24-15 12:04 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Tennessee officials say Memphis will have to repay at least part of a $3.8 million grant it received to build a vehicle-inspection station.
- Texas-Arlington knocks off Memphis 68-64 Updated: Nov-23-15 11:30 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Kevin Hervey had 22 points and 11 rebounds as Texas-Arlington knocked off Memphis 68-64 on Monday night for its second upset victory in three days.
- Police identify man found dead at Memphis FedEx hub Updated: Nov-23-15 3:45 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Memphis police have released the identity of a man killed in an accident at the FedEx hub there.
- Memphis professor arrested on 2 counts of indecent exposure Updated: Nov-23-15 6:17 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A University of Memphis professor has been arrested after police say he exposed himself to a woman in his office.
- New drug to fight respiratory virus in infants Updated: Nov-22-15 3:17 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Le Bonheur Children's Hospital will begin testing what researchers consider to be a promising new medicine on babies infected with a respiratory virus that's the leading cause of the hospitalization of infants nationwide.
- Lawsuit says police gathering led to officer misconduct Updated: Nov-21-15 2:42 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The blows kept landing, one after another. Pain clouded DuPree Lytle's mind as he began blacking out, his thoughts drifting to his family, his church - his future.
- Conley, Gasol lead Grizzlies over Rockets 96-84 Updated: Nov-20-15 10:39 pm
- Hillary Clinton meets with parents of slain teen Updated: Nov-20-15 5:51 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - U.S. Rep. Steve Cohen says Hillary Clinton has met with the family of a 19-year-old black man who was fatally shot by a white police officer in Memphis.
- Memphis Habitat gets $1M grant for Jimmy Carter work project Updated: Nov-20-15 3:01 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A Tennessee agency is providing a $1 million matching grant to help Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis take full advantage of President Jimmy Carter's participation in a week of home-building and repair in Uptown Memphis.
- A hunk of burning lights coming on at Graceland for holidays Updated: Nov-20-15 3:31 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Grammy-winning country artist Trisha Yearwood is flipping the switch to turn on the holiday lights and decorations at Graceland, Elvis Presley's home in Memphis.
- Memphis rallies with big 2nd half to beat Grambling 83-65 Updated: Nov-19-15 10:52 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Dedric Lawson scored 16 points as Memphis broke away in the second half to defeat Grambling State 83-65 on Thursday night and give coach Josh Pastner his 150th win.
- Missouri AD: Replacing Pinkel about finding the right fit Updated: Nov-18-15 8:31 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri's athletic director wouldn't tip his hand about who might replace retiring football coach Gary Pinkel, but said Houston's Tom Herman, Memphis' Justin Fuente and Tigers defensive coordinator Barry Odom are quality candidates.
- Independent autopsy: Hog-tying killed man in custody Updated: Nov-18-15 7:58 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - An independent autopsy shows a Tennessee man died in Mississippi police custody because he was hog-tied for an extended period and not because he took LSD, an attorney for the man's family said Wednesday.
- No. 8 Oklahoma beats Memphis 84-78 Updated: Nov-17-15 8:57 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Buddy Hield finished off his great game sealing Oklahoma's victory at the foul line.