- Thousands view B.B. King on eve of Mississippi funeral Updated: May-29-15 6:25 pm
INDIANOLA, Mississippi - Blues guitarist Buddy Guy says he always intended to tour the B.B. King Museum while its namesake, his longtime friend, was still living.
- Man gets 50 years in shooting at National Guard armory Updated: May-28-15 11:19 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A Tennessee National Guard recruiter convicted of wounding three people inside an armory has been sentenced to 50 years in prison.
- Undercover officer shot while serving warrant; 3 in custody Updated: May-28-15 10:23 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Three people have been taken into custody following a shooting that involved an undercover officer who was injured while serving a warrant.
- Blues legend B.B. King honored with Memphis processional Updated: May-27-15 6:27 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A Dixieland jazz band walked ahead of a slow black hearse and a crowd of thousands followed as the city of Memphis said farewell Wednesday to blues legend B.B. King with a tribute and processional down Beale Street.
- Sovereign citizen given 20 years for mansion squatting Updated: May-27-15 3:33 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A self-described sovereign citizen who claimed she isn't bound by U.S. laws has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for illegally taking control of a $3 million foreclosed mansion in Memphis.
- Tenn. agrees to buy land where bodies were illegally buried Updated: May-27-15 12:38 pm
BARTLETT, Tennessee - A Memphis-area cemetery may soon expand to include land where officials say former owner Jemar Lambert illegally buried bodies on property not owned by the cemetery.
- Tenn. agrees to buy land where bodies were illegally buried Updated: May-27-15 10:40 am
BARTLETT, Tennessee - A troubled Memphis-area cemetery may soon expand to include land where officials say former owner Jemar Lambert illegally buried bodies on property not owned by the cemetery.
- 3-year audit finds Memphis hotels owe $333K in 'bed taxes' Updated: May-26-15 10:26 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A three-year audit by the city of Memphis has found that 22 percent of hotels and motels are behind a total of more than $333,000 in occupancy taxes.
- Lawyer says allegations B.B. King was poisoned 'ridiculous' Updated: May-26-15 5:40 am
LAS VEGAS - Two B.B. King heirs who've been most outspoken about the blues legend's care in his final days have accused King's two closest aides of poisoning him, but the attorney for King's estate called the claims ridiculous and police said there was no active homicide investigation.
- Memphis police investigating fatal shooting Updated: May-24-15 2:31 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Police say a man was shot and killed while walking with his girlfriend in downtown Memphis.
- Former Memphis clerk pleads guilty to embezzling fines Updated: May-23-15 10:11 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A former Memphis deputy court clerk has pleaded guilty to embezzling more than $24,000 in traffic fines.
- Senators sing blues over impasse; GOP hopefuls stuck in DC Updated: May-22-15 10:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Two senators have a plane to catch to Cuba, others were hoping to impress Republican presidential primary voters and then there's Sen. Lamar Alexander, who is slated to deliver a sunset piano performance of "Ol' Man River" on the banks of the Mississippi.
- Woman pleads guilty to forging former lawmaker's will Updated: May-22-15 5:36 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Prosecutors say a former Memphis Fire Department chief has pleaded guilty to forging what she claimed was the will of former state Rep. Ulysses Jones.
- Stanton nominated to serve on federal bench in Tennessee Updated: May-21-15 6:44 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The White House has nominated U.S. Attorney Edward L. Stanton III to serve on the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee.
- Woman pleads guilty in mother's stabbing death Updated: May-20-15 4:13 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A West Tennessee woman who was awaiting a new trial in the stabbing death of her mother has pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter.
- All-Star center Marc Gasol will consider free agency options Updated: May-18-15 7:06 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The Memphis Grizzlies head into the offseason with a major goal: re-signing their free agent All-Star center.
- Damon Stoudamire says he's returning to Memphis' staff Updated: May-18-15 6:03 pm
TUCSON, Arizona - Damon Stoudamire is leaving his position as an assistant coach at Arizona to rejoin Memphis' coaching staff.
- Police: Memphis homicide suspect turns himself in Updated: May-18-15 6:35 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A suspect in a Memphis homicide has turned himself in to authorities.
- High schools to receive 1,000 hours of paid tutoring a week Updated: May-17-15 5:16 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A millionaire commodities trader has organized a program to provide Memphis high schools with 1,000 hours of paid tutoring a week.
- Lack of outside shooting costs Grizzlies in playoffs again Updated: May-16-15 12:42 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - For the fifth straight year, the Memphis Grizzlies have come up short of the NBA championship they want so badly.
- Late blues great B.B. King: Legacy lives on in Mississippi Updated: May-16-15 3:10 am
INDIANOLA, Mississippi - Outside Indianola, B.B. King was a blues superstar, a guitar legend who inspired Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton and countless other musicians. But in this small farming town in north Mississippi, he was known as Mr. Riley. And he'd return here each year to meet with friends and relatives, and to play the blues for townspeople out in the sun on Church Street.
- Warriors advance to Western final, beating Memphis 108-95 Updated: May-16-15 2:39 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Stephen Curry practices tough shots every day. The MVP came up with a third-quarter buzzer-beater his coach calls the play of the game.
- Grizzlies Tony Allen starts, lasts 5 minute vs. Warriors Updated: May-15-15 11:17 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Grizzlies guard Tony Allen started Game 6 on Friday night and managed to play all of 5 minutes before his injured left hamstring sent him to the bench against the Golden State Warriors.
- Former Tennessee state lawmaker Kathryn Bowers dies Updated: May-15-15 11:02 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Former state lawmaker Kathryn Bowers, who was an advocate for women, children, the mentally ill and the poor, has died. She was 72.
- Freight broker Total Quality Logistics expanding in Memphis Updated: May-13-15 4:07 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - State officials say transportation services company Total Quality Logistics is expanding operations in Shelby County by opening a sales office.