- Outdoor workers have various strategies to beat the heat Updated: Jul-30-15 4:06 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - It's hard enough having to work outside in the heat of summer, but Robert Carpenter has to do it standing over a smoking hot, 10-foot steel cylinder. He's the pit master at The Grille, a Memphis to-go restaurant that specializes in chicken-on-a-stick and chicken wings.
- Salesman sentenced for defrauding NBA legend Dr. J, others Updated: Jul-30-15 11:46 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A luxury car salesman has been sentenced to 80 months in federal prison for defrauding former NBA player Julius "Dr. J" Erving and others.
- International Paper shares dip on 2Q revenue miss Updated: Jul-29-15 3:42 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Shares of International Paper slumped Wednesday after the global paper and packaging company reported mixed second-quarter results.
- 2 Memphis men indicted in Georgia on home invasion charges Updated: Jul-29-15 1:41 pm
ATLANTA - Two Tennessee men have been indicted on charges stemming from a home invasion in Atlanta's Buckhead neighborhood, federal prosecutors say.
- Heat warning for West Tennessee, parts Arkansas, Mississippi Updated: Jul-28-15 6:37 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Weather officials have issued an excessive heat advisory for eastern Arkansas, northwest Mississippi and West Tennessee.
- Barnes says he fits Grizzlies' 'Grit & Grind' approach Updated: Jul-28-15 2:57 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Matt Barnes believes he epitomizes the "Grit & Grind" style that the Memphis Grizzlies have prided themselves on for years.
- Shelby County names courthouse for D'Army Bailey Updated: Jul-28-15 7:16 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Shelby County leaders have approved renaming the county courthouse in honor of a lawyer and judge who led the fight to save the Memphis motel where Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated and turn it into a national museum.
- Police: Pregnant woman shot in face loses baby Updated: Jul-26-15 3:28 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Memphis police say a pregnant woman who was shot in the face has lost her baby.
- Collector asks judge to declare him owner of Elvis' guitar Updated: Jul-24-15 2:58 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A collector claiming to be the rightful owner of a guitar played by Elvis Presley and later donated by a blues guitarist to a South Dakota museum has asked a federal judge to rule in his favor.
- Tennessee mayor offers to accept Forrest statue Updated: Jul-23-15 9:06 am
SAVANNAH, Tennessee - The mayor of a Tennessee town says he's willing to take a statue of Confederate Gen. and early Ku Klux Klan member Nathan Bedford Forrest if Memphis doesn't want it.
- Patience sought as fatal shooting of black teen is probed Updated: Jul-22-15 6:49 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Departing from their routine protocol, state investigators in Tennessee said Wednesday they will publicly release details they discover as they investigate the fatal shooting of a black teen by a white police officer.
- Memphis police identify officer involved in teen shooting Updated: Jul-22-15 4:05 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Memphis police have identified the white officer who fatally shot a black teenager during a struggle.
- Planned bridge closure concerns east Arkansas residents Updated: Jul-20-15 4:43 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Some West Memphis residents say they're concerned over plans to temporarily close a bridge in 2017 that serves as one of two main crossings between the city and neighboring Memphis, Tennessee.
- Fatal shooting of teenager by Memphis police officer probed Updated: Jul-19-15 6:34 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Authorities are investigating the death of a teenager who was shot by a Memphis police officer during a confrontation.
- Clinton eulogizes promoter of National Civil Rights Museum Updated: Jul-18-15 6:08 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Former President Bill Clinton led the eulogies Saturday for D'Army Bailey, a lawyer and judge who helped preserve the Memphis hotel where civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated and turn it into the National Civil Rights Museum.
- 9 arrested in series of robberies in Memphis Updated: Jul-18-15 12:11 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Memphis police say nine people have been arrested in connection with a series of robberies that targeted Hispanic residents and businesses.
- Memphis police officer fatally shoots suspect Updated: Jul-18-15 11:05 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Memphis police say a man wanted on multiple warrants was shot and killed during a struggle with a police officer.
- Achievement School District leader announces resignation Updated: Jul-17-15 12:25 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The leader of Tennessee's Achievement School District has announced that he is stepping down from the job in December.
- Woman, 2 children dead after Memphis home catches fire Updated: Jul-16-15 7:43 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A woman and two children are dead after a home caught fire in Memphis.
- Man charged in 25-year-old shooting death in Memphis Updated: Jul-16-15 4:06 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Prosecutors say a 59-year-old man has been indicted in the fatal shooting of a liquor store owner during a holdup 25 years ago.
- Museum holds visitation for D'Army Bailey Updated: Jul-16-15 4:06 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The National Civil Rights Museum will hold a public visitation for civil rights leader D'Army Bailey in Memphis, Tennessee, on Friday.
- Memphis finalist for HUD neighborhood improvement grant Updated: Jul-15-15 3:37 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - U.S. Rep. Steve Cohen says Memphis is one of nine finalists for a U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development grant aimed at revitalizing neighborhoods by improving housing.
- Memphis removes all conditions for Austin Nichols' transfer Updated: Jul-14-15 7:21 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - Memphis has withdrawn all conditions on the release of forward Austin Nichols after reviewing his appeal to transfer.
- Marc Gasol says leaving Memphis was never an option Updated: Jul-14-15 7:08 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - All-Star center Marc Gasol says he's sorry if Grizzlies fans worried over how long it took to learn that he wasn't leaving Memphis. There was never reason to fret, though.
- Police: Man lit ex's teddy bear on fire, starting blaze Updated: Jul-14-15 12:37 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - A 25-year-old man has been accused of starting a fire at his ex-girlfriend's Memphis home by dousing a teddy bear with lighter fluid and threatening the woman's family.