- Montana teachers take pension argument to court Updated: Dec-04-13 5:38 pm
- Woman cited for shoplifting, leaving toddler Updated: Dec-04-13 10:49 am
- Inquest: Officer was justified in shooting Updated: Dec-04-13 10:19 am
- Top Mont. Democrats endorse Lewis for US House Updated: Dec-03-13 7:18 pm
- 7 nominated for new health care foundation board Updated: Dec-03-13 6:59 pm
- Helena man gets nearly 4 years for tax evasion Updated: Dec-03-13 5:31 pm
- Deer culling to begin in Helena Updated: Nov-30-13 3:10 pm
- Couple fined for buying, possessing bear parts Updated: Nov-27-13 4:01 pm
- Correction: Gun Rights-States story Updated: Nov-26-13 7:22 pm
- Cousins from Anaconda arrested in casino robbery Updated: Nov-26-13 3:55 pm
- Forest Service delays Montana logging decision Updated: Nov-23-13 4:14 pm
- Former VA nurse anesthetist stole pain meds Updated: Nov-22-13 5:26 pm
- Senate candidate calls for Medicaid expansion Updated: Nov-20-13 6:55 pm
- Helena man sentenced for stealing from VFW Updated: Nov-20-13 6:04 pm
- Matt Miller scores 3 TDs in Boise State win Updated: Nov-18-13 9:30 am
- Carroll, Rocky earn spots in NAIA playoffs Updated: Nov-18-13 9:23 am
- Helena couple seeks legal fees from city Updated: Nov-16-13 5:43 pm
- New playground equipment planned at Helena park Updated: Nov-16-13 11:29 am
- Helena diocese dropping group insurance plans Updated: Nov-14-13 5:54 pm
- Supreme Court denies appeal in hammer assault Updated: Nov-14-13 10:11 am
- Prison inmate pleads guilty, sentenced for killing Updated: Nov-13-13 5:23 pm
- Mexican national says he was raped in Montana jail Updated: Nov-13-13 4:07 pm
- MSU library has 1869 description of Yellowstone Updated: Nov-11-13 4:38 pm
- FWP proposes plan to kill up to 130 Helena deer Updated: Nov-11-13 4:10 pm
- 2 warriors from different generations meet on hunt Updated: Nov-10-13 5:28 pm
HELENA, Montana - A judge told teachers Wednesday that he hopes to make a decision before the start of the year on their request to maintain pension inflationary increases until their challenge to pending cuts can be fully decided.
HELENA, Montana - Police in Helena say a woman who reportedly left her 1-year-old child in a shopping cart after being confronted about shoplifting at Walmart was arrested when she returned to the store with the stolen items and to retrieve her child.
HELENA, Montana - A coroner's jury found a Lewis and Clark County sheriff's deputy was justified in shooting an armed man who faced arson charges in Musselshell County.
HELENA, Montana - The state's top three Democrats made it clear Tuesday they are backing John Lewis in the party's primary for U.S. House.
HELENA, Montana - A search committee has nominated seven people as trustees for the new Montana Healthcare Foundation.
HELENA, Montana - A former Helena man who was convicted of attempted tax evasion has been sentenced to nearly four years in federal prison and ordered to pay $730,000 in restitution.
HELENA, Montana - Police in Helena starting Sunday plan to remove up to 60 deer from the city during December as part of an effort to reduce the deer population to 25 per square mile.
HELENA, Montana - The owners of a Chinese restaurant in Helena have been fined nearly $5,000 for buying and possessing black bears and bear parts, including a bucket of 12 bear paws found at the restaurant.
HELENA, Montana - In a story Nov. 26 about federal gun rules, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms considered a gun made in Montana to be illegal under state law. It was considered illegal under federal law.
HELENA, Montana - Two Anaconda cousins are suspected of trying to rob a Helena casino over the weekend.
HELENA, Montana - The U.S. Forest Service delayed its response to two environmental groups objecting to a logging plan in a watershed that supplies the bulk of drinking water to 30,000 Helena residents.
HELENA, Montana - A nurse anesthetist who did contract work at the Veterans Affairs hospital west of Helena has been sentenced to five years in probation for stealing pain medication in 2011.
HELENA, Montana - Democratic U.S. Senate candidate John Bohlinger is calling on Gov. Steve Bullock to convene a special legislative session to expand Medicaid to another 70,000 residents, a proposal that was rejected by lawmakers earlier this year.
HELENA, Montana - A former officer with Montana's Veterans of Foreign Wars has been sentenced to two years in prison and ordered to pay more than $140,000 in restitution for using various VFW accounts to pay his mortgage and other expenses.
HELENA, Montana - Frontier Conference champion Carroll College and runner-up Rocky Mountain College have earned spots in the 16-team NAIA playoff field.
HELENA, Montana - A Helena couple who fought a city ordinance requiring fire-resistant roofs and won in court is seeking more than $37,000 in legal fees from the city.
HELENA, Montana - New playground equipment with swings designed for children with developmental disabilities and limited mobility is scheduled to be installed later this month at a park in Helena.
HELENA, Montana - The Roman Catholic Diocese of Helena is dropping group health insurance plans for its 200 employees in parishes, schools and social services across western Montana, a spokesman for the diocese said.
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Supreme Court has upheld a Helena woman's conviction and 40-year prison sentence for trying to kill her husband by hitting him in the head with a hammer.
HELENA, Montana - A Montana State Prison inmate serving a 40-year sentence for accountability to a 2007 murder near Shelby has been sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole for killing a fellow inmate last year.
HELENA, Montana - A national immigrants' rights group has filed a complaint with the Department of Homeland Security after a Mexican man facing deportation said he was raped while being held at a Montana jail.
BOZEMAN, Montana - Imagine writing the first accurate description of the wonders of Yellowstone, its dramatic waterfalls, geyser basins and hot springs, yet being almost forgotten by history.
HELENA, Montana - Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks is seeking authorization to trap and kill up to 130 deer in the Helena city limits next year.
HELENA, Montana - A Montana program aiming to honor wounded veterans recently brought two men from different wars together for a hunting excursion in Big Sky Country.