- Ronan woman, 24, dies in crash north of Helena Updated: Jul-02-15 11:37 pm
HELENA, Montana - Authorities say a 24-year-old Ronan woman was killed in a single-vehicle crash north of Helena.
- No end in sight for Yellowstone Club founder's jail time Updated: Jul-02-15 4:47 pm
HELENA, Montana - The founder of a Montana club for the ultra-rich will stay in jail until a federal judge is satisfied that he understands what happened to the money from a Mexican resort sold in violation of a court order.
- Judge rules for Montana teachers' union in pension dispute Updated: Jul-01-15 7:32 pm
HELENA, Montana - A Helena judge has blocked a legislative measure that cut retired teachers' annual inflationary pension increases, saying it violates the contracts clauses in the Montana and U.S. constitutions.
- Judge rejects environmentalists' open-meetings lawsuit Updated: Jun-28-15 1:00 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - A Helena judge has rejected three environmental groups' claims that Gov. Steve Bullock violated the state's open-meeting laws by holding discussions before nominating 5.1 million acres of forest land for priority federal management.
- Helena man loses lawsuit against Forest Service for tasing Updated: Jun-28-15 12:38 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - A federal judge has sided with the federal government in a lawsuit filed by a Helena man who said a U.S. Forest Service employee caused him brain damage in using a Taser on him in 2010.
- Deschamps out, Essmann elected GOP Party chairman Updated: Jun-27-15 9:28 pm
HELENA, Montana - Members of Montana's Republican Party ousted six-year chairman Will Deschamps on Saturday, electing Rep. Jeff Essmann of Billings to lead them through the 2016 election cycle.
- Helena artist, historian Robert Morgan dies at 85 Updated: Jun-22-15 7:11 pm
HELENA, Montana - Artist and historian Robert F. "Bob" Morgan, the founder of Helena's Western Rendezvous of Art, has died of kidney failure. He was 85.
- Criminal charges filed against gold mine company Updated: Jun-19-15 6:53 pm
HELENA, Montana - Federal prosecutors have filed criminal charges for making false statements against the company that owns a now-shuttered gold mine operation outside Helena.
- Helena officials want clean air acknowledged Updated: Jun-19-15 2:19 pm
HELENA, Montana - Health officials are joining a push for the Environmental Protection Agency to acknowledge East Helena meets air quality standards for sulfur dioxide and lead.
- House-flipping business on hold while state investigates Updated: Jun-19-15 12:25 pm
HELENA, Montana - A Helena judge has halted a Miles City man from accepting any more investors into his house "flipping" business because the state alleges the investment was not registered.
- Missoula woman claims Lucky for Life prize Updated: Jun-18-15 12:26 pm
HELENA, Montana - A Missoula woman has claimed the second-tier prize in the Lucky for Life lottery game.
- Producer: Cowboy film is real, but Eastwood pitch was not Updated: Jun-17-15 3:56 pm
HELENA, Montana - Matthew McClintock arrived in full Western garb stretched over his 6-foot, 5 inch frame to pitch a potential investor on a documentary about early Montana cowboys. He said he was talking to Clint Eastwood about narrating the film's opening, he mentioned his friendship with former first lady Barbara Bush and the two men bonded over serving in the Vietnam war.
- Agencies get ready to record meetings when laws take effect Updated: Jun-17-15 2:07 pm
HELENA, Montana - Directors at six state agencies say they'll be ready to record their meetings when new transparency laws requiring them to do so take effect this year.
- Montana Developmental Center closure panel starts work Updated: Jun-15-15 4:59 pm
HELENA, Montana - A committee appointed to help guide the closure of Montana's center for the developmentally disabled in Boulder on Monday heard the troubled history and ongoing woes at the facility, which has 25 vacant staff positions and is working to regain its license.
- Seminar to celebrate Montana artist Charlie Russell Updated: Jun-15-15 10:10 am
HELENA, Montana - A symposium on the American West artist, Charlie Russell, has been in the works for the past year and is finally happening in Helena.
- Correction: Funeral-Unclaimed Veterans story Updated: Jun-04-15 12:17 pm
GREAT FALLS, Montana - In a story June 2 about the burial of six veterans, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the Missing in America Project has located the remains of 145 veterans nationwide since 2006. The organization has identified the remains of 2,596 veterans nationwide, 145 of whom were located in Montana.
- Correction: Water Policy story Updated: Jun-03-15 6:35 pm
HELENA, Montana - In a story June 1 about the Montana Water Policy Interim Committee's first meeting of the biennium, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Republicans have a majority on the panel. The committee is split evenly between the parties with four Republicans and four Democrats.
- 3 vying for Montana GOP Party chair Updated: Jun-03-15 3:26 pm
HELENA, Montana - Three men in Montana's Republican Party are vying for the role of party chair.