- Premier: Serbia ready to reduce dependence on Russian gas Updated: May-28-15 4:49 am
TIRANA, Albania - In a major policy shift, the Serbian prime minister said his country will accept U.S. calls to reduce dependency on Russian gas by adding an American-backed pipeline that would bring gas to Europe from Azerbaijan.
- Serbian prime minister makes landmark visit to Albania Updated: May-27-15 2:37 pm
TIRANA, Albania - The leaders of Serbia and Albania sought to mend their thorny relations Wednesday during the first visit to Albania by a Serb prime minister.
- Balkan foes find common ground in bid to join 28-nation EU Updated: May-22-15 12:20 pm
TIRANA, Albania - Foreign ministers and senior diplomats from several Balkan countries - many with troubled relations stemming from wars in the 1990s - met Friday in the Albanian capital of Tirana to try and advance each others' bids to join the European Union.
- Albania says could block Macedonia's NATO bid Updated: May-20-15 10:19 am
TIRANA, Albania - Albanian Prime Minister Edi Rama warned on Wednesday that his country could block Macedonia's bid to join NATO unless it improves its record on respecting the rights of the country's ethnic Albanian minority.
- Albania hosts security summit on extremist recruitment Updated: May-19-15 9:34 am
TIRANA, Albania - Security officials from the western Balkans and several European Union countries were meeting in Albania Tuesday as part of a U.S. government initiative to fight European recruitment by violent Islamic groups to fight in Iraq and Syria.
- Turkey's Erdogan calls on Europe to welcome more migrants Updated: May-13-15 9:51 am
TIRANA, Albania - Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan called on Europe Wednesday to take in more migrants and refugees from Syria and Iraq, saying his own country has borne the brunt of the refugee crisis and has been sheltering about 2 million people.