- Federal investigation reported in Ore. child death Updated: Dec-06-13 1:04 pm
- Ore. decides Dungeness crab ready for eating Updated: Dec-05-13 8:41 pm
- Correction: Logging Lawsuit story Updated: Dec-05-13 2:19 pm
- Tentative agreement signed in Klamath water wars Updated: Dec-04-13 4:23 pm
- Oregon wolf pack approaches limit for kill order Updated: Dec-02-13 6:19 pm
- Sardine crash may be hurting brown pelicans Updated: Nov-28-13 2:55 pm
- Wyden: Federal regulation key to logging bill OK Updated: Nov-26-13 5:48 pm
- Oregon BLM proposes sage grouse protection plan Updated: Nov-22-13 9:12 pm
- $40M request to pay record wildfire costs referred Updated: Nov-22-13 5:06 pm
- Another armed citizen patrol in Josephine County Updated: Nov-18-13 6:37 pm
- Bail denied for neighbor killer Updated: Nov-15-13 8:13 pm
- Ore. investigates neighbors' herbicide complaints Updated: Nov-15-13 7:58 pm
- Police seek Ore. man in samurai sword attack Updated: Nov-15-13 7:34 pm
- Ore. record dealer amasses 400,000-disc collection Updated: Nov-12-13 5:25 pm
- Man who shot deer, boy sued by boy's family Updated: Nov-09-13 1:56 pm
- Oregon Medal of Honor winner among 12 on stamp Updated: Nov-08-13 7:49 pm
- S. Ore.: teen arrested in BMW carjack Updated: Nov-07-13 2:26 am
- Curry County votes down tax hike for public safety Updated: Nov-06-13 5:39 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Federal authorities are reported looking into the case of a 5-year-old Grants Pass girl killed by a burst of gunfire from the room below, where a man used an assault rifle as a crutch to get up from the couch.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - The Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife says Oregon's Dungeness crabs are ready to eat in time for holiday feasting and fishing can begin Dec. 16.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - In a story Dec. 3 about a lawsuit challenging a timber sale outside Crater Lake National Park, The Associated Press reported erroneously the location of the Loafer timber sale. It is northwest of Diamond Lake, not east of the lake.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Gov. John Kitzhaber and representatives of the Obama administration have signed an agreement for sharing scarce water in the Upper Klamath Basin, where irrigation was shut off to ranchers last summer after the Klamath Tribes exercised newly awarded water rights to protect fish.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - The latest livestock attack by Oregon's Snake River wolf pack puts it one bite away from a potential state kill order.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Scientists and conservation groups are worried the crash in West Coast sardines that has triggered deep cutbacks in commercial fishing is also starving brown pelicans that feed off California, Oregon and Washington.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - U.S. Sen. Ron Wyden on Tuesday unveiled his long-awaited bill to boost logging on federal lands in Western Oregon to help struggling timber counties.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - The U.S. Bureau of Land Management has proposed a range of protections for the greater sage grouse across 10 million acres of federal lands in Eastern Oregon.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - The Oregon Department of Forestry's request for an extra $40 million to cover record wildfire spending this year has been deferred to the full Legislature when it meets in February.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Another group has formed to provide armed citizen patrols in the rural outreaches of Josephine County, where voters have consistently refused to raise their taxes to pay for sheriff's patrols as federal timber revenues have dried up.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - A judge has denied bail to a Southern Oregon man who claimed self-defense in shooting his neighbor in a long-running feud.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - The state of Oregon is investigating complaints that an herbicide sprayed from a helicopter on commercial timberlands in Curry County drifted over people's homes and made some of them and their animals sick.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Police in Southern Oregon are looking for a man they say attacked his brother with a samurai sword.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - John Tefteller will go just about anywhere to buy a rare record, part of his passion for unearthing historic blues dating to the dawn of the recording industry a century ago.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - An Oregon man who shot at a deer but instead wounded a boy waiting at a school bus stop is being sued by the boy's family.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Bob Maxwell was an infantryman in France in 1944 helping set up a command post when it was attacked by German soldiers. During the fighting, he instinctively dropped on a grenade in the dark, protecting his fellow soldiers.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Authorities in Grants Pass, Oregon, say a 16-year-old boy has been arrested in the gunpoint carjacking of a 2002 BMW that happened three weeks ago.
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Voters in Curry County have rejected a $3.2 million public safety tax increase that would have tripled local property taxes to maintain law enforcement services facing cuts as the federal government ends timber subsidies.