- Plea deal avoids death penalty for man convicted of murder Updated: May-27-15 3:32 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - A man avoided a death sentence by pleading guilty to charges related to his brother and sister-in-law's killings.
- Armed guards stand down from dispute Oregon gold mine Updated: May-21-15 5:55 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Armed guards are standing down from an Oregon gold mine after an administrative law judge put on hold any plans by a federal agency to enforce an order to stop mining.
- Josephine County jury convicts man in 2011 ambush killings Updated: May-20-15 8:27 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - A Josephine County jury has convicted a man in the 2011 ambush killings of his brother and sister-in-law.
- Judge's order bars enforcement in Oregon gold mine dispute Updated: May-20-15 7:02 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - The federal government and southern Oregon gold miners have each taken a step back from tensions over a mining claim where a constitutional activist group has posted armed guards.
- No Klamath water left to combat salmon-killing parasite Updated: May-20-15 3:24 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - A deadly parasite is thriving in the drought, infecting all the juvenile chinook salmon in the Klamath River in Northern California as they prepare to migrate to the ocean.
- Josephine County voters again reject public safety tax Updated: May-20-15 12:51 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - For the fourth time since 2012, voters in Josephine County have rejected a tax increase to restore cuts in law enforcement made when the federal government slashed timber subsidies.
- Police: Grants Pass couple dead in apparent murder-suicide Updated: May-20-15 12:20 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Southern Oregon officers have found a man and woman dead in their home after gunfire was heard on a 911 call.
- Rogue River lawyer pleads guilty in tax case Updated: May-16-15 1:43 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - A Rogue River lawyer was sentenced to five years on probation after pleading guilty to not paying more than $125,000 in federal income taxes.
- Oregon lawmakers consider budget for Fish and Wildlife Updated: May-16-15 12:34 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Lawmakers are considering how to plug a $32 million funding gap for the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife through a combination of raising hunting and fishing license fees, devoting more state revenues to the department and cutting personnel.
- Former deputy testifies he sees some truth in zombie stories Updated: May-15-15 2:44 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - A former detective who investigated the slayings of a Southern Oregon husband and wife has testified he feels there is some truth to stories about flesh-eating zombies.
- Woman dies in car crash hours after wedding proposal Updated: May-14-15 6:16 am
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - A Grants Pass woman was killed in a car crash hours after accepting her boyfriend's wedding proposal at Whaleshead Beach.
- Oregon snowpack at 11 percent, tough for farmers, fish Updated: May-11-15 8:46 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Snowpack in the mountains of Oregon is low for the second year in a row, prompting predictions of reduced stream flows that could hurt farmers and fish.
- Extreme kayaker visits Southern Oregon hometown Updated: Apr-28-15 4:28 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Extreme kayaker Chris Korbulic rips off his destinations in the last two years - Russia, New Guinea, Patagonia, Norway, Nepal, Labrador - like running down a grocery list.