- Southern Oregon Man arrested in shooting of 2 neighbors Updated: Jul-22-15 12:17 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - State police say a southern Oregon man has been arrested on charges he shot two neighbors.
- Governor declares drought in 3 more Oregon counties Updated: Jul-21-15 7:17 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Gov. Kate Brown has declared drought emergencies in three more Oregon counties.
- Group demands change in dam operations to protect frog Updated: Jul-21-15 6:50 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - A conservation group demands a change in operations at two irrigation dams on the upper Deschutes River to protect the Oregon spotted frog, a threatened species.
- Forestry Board weighs bigger logging buffers to cool streams Updated: Jul-21-15 5:17 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - A state board is considering how much to increase the numbers of trees that must be left standing along small and medium streams on private timberlands to shade the water and keep it cool for salmon.
- Applications for Oregon marijuana dispensaries increasing Updated: Jul-15-15 6:27 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Applications for permits to open new medical pot dispensaries are increasing as the state prepares to allow the businesses to sell retail marijuana to anyone over 21.
- Police say prowler shot outside home Updated: Jul-15-15 5:53 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Police in Grants Pass say officers found a man dead outside a home after a call to report a prowler.
- Forest Service using old Coast Guard planes to fight fire Updated: Jul-13-15 5:35 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - The U.S. Forest Service is taking possession of U.S. Coast Guard planes that are being converted to drop retardant on wildfires.
- Group claims BLM trying to breed special mustangs in Oregon Updated: Jul-09-15 7:26 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Wild-horse advocates are challenging U.S. Bureau of Land Management plans this summer to round up the famous Kiger and Riddle Mountain mustang herds in eastern Oregon, arguing the agency is developing a "master breed" of wild horses exhibiting characteristics of old Spanish bloodlines that are popular with the public, rather than maintaining wild horses in natural conditions, as the law requires.
- Stress from heat, drought on fish spurs push to reduce kills Updated: Jul-08-15 8:08 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Drought and record hot weather are producing lethal conditions for salmon and trout in rivers across the West.
- Biologists: Second set of pups for wandering wolf OR-7 Updated: Jul-07-15 8:34 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Biologists have found evidence that Oregon's famous wandering wolf, OR-7, has fathered a second set of pups.
- Oregon troopers cleared in Grants Pass fatal shooting Updated: Jul-07-15 11:08 am
MEDFORD, Oregon - Authorities say two Oregon State Police troopers were deemed justified in the fatal shooting of an assault suspect in Grants Pass.