- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter Updated: Apr-19-14 3:22 pm
- 57-nation OSCE plays key Ukraine monitoring role Updated: Apr-18-14 2:41 pm
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine Updated: Apr-17-14 3:27 pm
- Mormon missionaries transferred in Ukraine Updated: Apr-11-14 6:22 pm
- Donetsk Republic: Ukraine's one-building autonomy Updated: Apr-11-14 1:32 pm
- 7 die in eastern Ukrainian mine Updated: Apr-11-14 3:55 am
- Russian, Ukrainian boxing teams put aside tensions Updated: Mar-31-14 6:48 pm
- Fear grips village divided between Russia, Ukraine Updated: Mar-26-14 2:07 pm
- Russia agrees to international monitors in Ukraine Updated: Mar-21-14 6:28 pm
- Echoes of Crimea keep Ukraine's east rumbling Updated: Mar-20-14 6:26 pm
DONETSK, Ukraine - Pro-Russian forces in eastern Ukraine on Saturday prepared to celebrate Orthodox Easter at barricades outside government offices seized in nearly a dozen cities, despite an international agreement to disarm and free the premises.
VIENNA - A 57-nation organization with a history of mediation but no enforcing powers has been tasked with helping to translate diplomatic progress on easing Ukrainian tensions into reality on the ground.
WASHINGTON - The United States on Thursday condemned as "grotesque" the distribution of leaflets demanding that Jews in eastern Ukraine register with a self-proclaimed local authority or face consequences. U.S. officials also denounced other instances of religious intolerance that are inflaming tensions the crisis in Ukraine and said no such behavior could be tolerated.
SALT LAKE CITY - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is transferring 85 missionaries to different parts of Ukraine due to civil unrest there.
DONETSK, Ukraine - To reach the People's Republic of Donetsk, you need to pass a few club-wielding young men in masks, wind through a narrow corridor of sand-filled sacks and enter a gray office tower standing in the heart of this eastern Ukrainian city.
KIEV, Ukraine - Seven men have died in a gas explosion at a coal mine in eastern Ukraine.
MOSCOW - Boxing teams from Russia and Ukraine put aside political tensions Monday to contest a World Series of Boxing quarterfinal in Moscow, with the hosts landing most of the blows in the ring.
VYSELKI, Ukraine - The prospect of Russian troops marching into eastern Ukraine is accomplishing what a national border could not: dividing the villagers of Vyselki.
VIENNA - Russia on Friday accepted the deployment of an international monitoring team to Ukraine that officials said will have free access to regions throughout the country. But a senior Russian envoy said that doesn't include Crimea, which his country claims as its own.
ARTEMIVSK, Ukraine - The disheveled men barricading the muddy lane leading into a military facility in this eastern Ukraine town say they are making a stand to defend the region's Russian-speaking majority.