- Full docket for judge in Detroit bankruptcy case Updated: Apr-17-14 8:25 am
- Nonprofit's Detroit demolition work consolidated Updated: Apr-17-14 8:15 am
- Detroit turnaround effort to be subject of course Updated: Apr-17-14 7:40 am
- Webberville Civil War veteran gets memorial Updated: Apr-17-14 7:26 am
- Firefighters hop on plane to get to island fire Updated: Apr-17-14 7:19 am
- Police: Man fatally shot at Kalamazoo sports bar Updated: Apr-17-14 6:50 am
- Fourth of July music event postponed until 2015 Updated: Apr-17-14 6:25 am
- Authorities: Woman, child hit in parking lot Updated: Apr-17-14 6:01 am
- Girl's memorial being held at basketball arena Updated: Apr-17-14 5:42 am
- Michigan State grads to hear India IT entrepreneur Updated: Apr-17-14 4:05 am
- Tigers edged by Indians 3-2 Updated: Apr-17-14 12:39 am
- Gomes, McAllister lead Indians past Tigers 3-2 Updated: Apr-17-14 12:15 am
- Schauer releases plan to raise education funding Updated: Apr-16-14 7:27 pm
- Bicyclist, 62, struck and killed by motorist Updated: Apr-16-14 7:21 pm
- Michigan: $600,000 mishandled by funeral director Updated: Apr-16-14 6:50 pm
- Flooding persists along rivers in western Michigan Updated: Apr-16-14 6:50 pm
- Life sentence for Detroit man in store robberies Updated: Apr-16-14 6:23 pm
- Authorities: Body found on Lake Michigan beach Updated: Apr-16-14 5:03 pm
- Michigan State signs 6-7 forward Marvin Clark Updated: Apr-16-14 4:53 pm
- Study examines deaths of trout that eat alewife Updated: Apr-16-14 4:51 pm
- 'Glee' actor to sing at Detroit gay pride festival Updated: Apr-16-14 2:02 pm
- Woman pulled from Saginaw-area hotel pool dies Updated: Apr-16-14 1:07 pm
- Woman sentenced in death of infant daughter Updated: Apr-16-14 12:19 pm
- Detroit leaders launch grants for small businesses Updated: Apr-16-14 12:16 pm
- Shipping season opens in Marquette's Upper Harbor Updated: Apr-16-14 11:47 am
DETROIT - The judge overseeing Detroit's bankruptcy is holding a hearing during a week of significant breakthroughs in the case.
DETROIT - Officials say demolition work of the nonprofit Detroit Blight Authority is being consolidated under city-run efforts to tear down dangerous buildings.
DETROIT - The ongoing efforts to turn around bankrupt Detroit will be the subject of a course starting this spring at Wayne State University.
WEBBERVILLE, Michigan - David Emmons, who grew up on a farm near Webberville, was 22 when he enlisted in the Grand Army of the Republic in January of 1864.
MACKINAC ISLAND, Michigan - Firefighters who were called to help with an electrical fire on Mackinac Island had to hop on a plane to quickly get to the scene because of Great Lakes ice.
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Police say a 23-year-old man has been fatally shot at a Kalamazoo sports bar.
DETROIT - A new version of the Detroit Electronic Music Festival is being shelved for this year amid plans to bring back the event in 2015.
SHELBY TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities say a woman and 2-year-old child were injured after the driver of a minivan backed into them in a parking lot.
EAST LANSING, Michigan - An 8-year-old Michigan State basketball fan whose battle with cancer inspired the team's players, coaches and many more beyond the hardwood is to be honored by thousands of her closest friends at a memorial service in East Lansing.
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Michigan State University says that Indian information technology pioneer Azim Premji will speak at the school's undergraduate commencement May 2.
DETROIT - Torii Hunter has done a lot of things and put up some big numbers in his 18-season career. Sacrifice bunts, though, aren't exactly his specialty.
DETROIT - Zach McAllister gave up lots of runs in the middle innings last season.
LANSING, Michigan - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Mark Schauer said Wednesday he would make education his top budget priority, but didn't specify how much he'd spend on schools or universities.
WATERFORD TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A 62-year-old Pontiac man has been hit by a vehicle and killed while bicycling in Oakland County.
STANDISH, Michigan - State Attorney General Bill Schuette says he's brought embezzlement charges against a northern Michigan funeral home operator in connection with mishandled payments for future funerals.
EVART, Michigan - Authorities warned residents of Osceola and Newaygo counties to be vigilant Wednesday as the Muskegon River reached what forecasters predicted would be its peak overflow, though floodwaters were easing in other sections of Michigan.
DETROIT - A 29-year-old Detroit man convicted of using a gun to rob phone stores has been given an extraordinary sentence of 116 years in federal prison.
LUDINGTON, Michigan - Authorities in western Michigan are working with police in surrounding states to identify a man's body found on a remote Lake Michigan beach.
Michigan State signed a third player to its basketball recruiting class, adding depth with the addition of Marvin Clark Jr.
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Subtle immune system changes may explain why some Great Lakes trout and salmon die from the lack of an essential vitamin after eating alewife, an important forage species, according to a scientific report released Wednesday.
DETROIT - Andy Bell of Erasure and "Glee" actor Alex Newell are among the musical acts that will perform at this year's gay pride festival in Detroit.
BUENA VISTA TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities say a 21-year-old woman has died several days after being pulled unconscious from the pool at a Saginaw-area hotel.
JACKSON, Michigan - A Michigan woman who lost custody of her other children has been sentenced to at least two years in prison for involuntary manslaughter in the death of her infant.
DETROIT - Detroit government, development and philanthropic leaders launched a grant program Wednesday intended to help boost small businesses in the city and the two communities it surrounds.
MARQUETTE, Michigan - The shipping season is open in Marquette's Upper Harbor following help from two U.S. Coast Guard ice-breakers.