- Algerian officials courting trade, investment in Michigan Updated: Nov-30-15 4:01 am
DEARBORN, Michigan - Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan, U.S. Ambassador to Algeria Joan Polaschik and others are planning to discuss business opportunities with representatives from the North African nation.
- Grand Valley State to host cyber security workshop Updated: Nov-30-15 4:01 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A cyber security workshop for small business owners will be held at the Michigan Small Business Development Center at Grand Valley State University.
- Kevorkian archive opens as physician-assisted deaths rise Updated: Nov-30-15 1:18 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Just days before she died with Dr. Jack Kevorkian's assistance, Merian Frederick could not speak or hold up her head without help from her daughter, Carol Poenisch.
- No. 3 Michigan State beats Providence to win Wooden Legacy Updated: Nov-30-15 1:17 am
ANAHEIM, California - Tom Izzo is no fan of college basketball's new rules that sidelined the two best players from each team in the championship game of the DirecTV Wooden Legacy.
- Reports: Zimmermann agrees to deal with Tigers Updated: Nov-29-15 10:34 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Tigers have reportedly reached a deal with Jordan Zimmermann that would add the free agent right-hander to a starting rotation they were hoping to upgrade this offseason.
- Mercer beats Western Michigan for 3rd victory in Music City Updated: Nov-29-15 9:11 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Stephon Jelks scored 14 points and Phillip Leonard made 3 of 4 free throws in final 35 seconds to help Mercer beat Western Michigan 68-65 on Sunday night for its third straight victory in the Challenge at Music City.
- Thousands turn out to honor 5-year-old Chad Carr, family Updated: Nov-29-15 6:38 pm
SALINE, Michigan - Thousands of people, including University of Michigan football players, have attended a memorial service for the 5-year-old grandson of former coach Lloyd Carr.
- Campbell scores in OT, Panthers beat Red Wings 2-1 Updated: Nov-29-15 6:34 pm
DETROIT - The Florida Panthers made themselves right at home at Joe Louis Arena - again
- Caggiula leads North Dakota to 4-1 win over Michigan Updated: Nov-29-15 6:13 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - North Dakota forward Drake Caggiula scored two goals for the second straight game to lead the Fighting Hawks to a 4-1 win over Michigan State on Sunday.
- Authorities: Elderly woman dead in Michigan house fire Updated: Nov-29-15 4:27 pm
VANDALIA, Michigan - Authorities say an elderly woman is dead after a house fire in Michigan close to the Indiana border.
- Fan injured at lawn mower race loses case at Supreme Court Updated: Nov-29-15 3:50 pm
WHITTEMORE, Michigan - The Michigan Supreme Court has waved a checkered flag and ruled in favor of a lawn mower racing club in a dispute over injuries suffered by a spectator in the northern Lower Peninsula.
- Dome collapses during soccer game at EMU; no one hurt Updated: Nov-29-15 3:39 pm
YPSILANTI, Michigan - An inflatable dome has collapsed at Eastern Michigan University, forcing high school soccer players and parents to scramble to safety.
- 62-year-old Lake Michigan ferry goes across lake for checkup Updated: Nov-29-15 2:51 pm
LUDINGTON, Michigan - Under a sunny sky, a 62-year-old Lake Michigan ferry has departed a Michigan port for a checkup across the water in Wisconsin.
- 87-year-old woman dies in fire in southwestern Michigan Updated: Nov-29-15 11:23 am
NEWBERG TOWNSHIP, Michigan - An 87-year-old woman has died in a fire in southwestern Michigan.
- Michigan's straight-ticket voting option may be eliminated Updated: Nov-29-15 4:10 am
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan voters who with a single mark can vote Democratic or Republican for every partisan office on the ballot may no longer have the option in 2016.
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans available in Michigan Updated: Nov-29-15 4:04 am
LANSING, Michigan - Federal Economic Injury Disaster Loans are available in Michigan for companies suffering losses due to excessive rain, flooding, hail and high winds between April 1 and Aug. 17.
- MSU gives unclaimed raffle prizes to charities, nonprofits Updated: Nov-29-15 4:00 am
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Charities and nonprofit groups in the Lansing area have scored a touchdown after jackpots in two Michigan State football raffles went unclaimed.
- PLAYOFF PULSE: Final 4 field falls into place for committee Updated: Nov-29-15 2:18 am
The College Football Playoff selection committee is set up to have a pretty easy championship weekend.
- Orchard Lake St. Mary's wins 2nd straight Division 3 title Updated: Nov-28-15 11:35 pm
DETROIT - Orchard Lake St. Mary celebrated another state title Saturday, but standout running back Justin Myrick admitted it wasn't easy.
- Nittany Lions routed by No. 6 Michigan State 55-16 Updated: Nov-28-15 9:31 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - The first drive of the game looked promising for Penn State until Christian Hackenberg was intercepted in the end zone.
- Grand Rapids West Catholic wins Division 5 title Updated: Nov-28-15 9:16 pm
DETROIT - It was a typical season for Grand Rapids West Catholic: slow start, but a state championship finish.
- Davis scores 30 points to help No. 5 Baylor beat Michigan St Updated: Nov-28-15 9:13 pm
FREEPORT, Bahamas - For the second straight year, Baylor found itself facing a double-digit deficit against Michigan State.
- Michigan State takes division with 55-16 rout of Penn State Updated: Nov-28-15 8:53 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Connor Cook began waving his arms, motioning for the crowd to yell louder.
- Buckeyes beat Michigan 42-13, but lose spot in title game Updated: Nov-28-15 7:42 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Ohio State crushed its rival and cruised home, crossing the border and hoping for the best.
- No. 12 Michigan routed 42-13 by No. 8 Ohio State Updated: Nov-28-15 5:58 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Jim Harbaugh has revived Michigan's football program. He still has work to do to help the Wolverines beat their rivals.