- Dentists urged to help solve identity of body Updated: Mar-12-14 11:46 am
- APNewsBreak: Farm planned for old Detroit school Updated: Mar-12-14 11:39 am
- Michigan awards $97 million to fix sewer systems Updated: Mar-12-14 11:25 am
- Apartments proposed for Lansing downtown ballpark Updated: Mar-12-14 11:17 am
- Correction: Fugitive Arrested story Updated: Mar-12-14 10:46 am
- Teacher hearing set in case of boy stuck in chair Updated: Mar-12-14 10:32 am
- After thaw, snow returns to Midwest, Northeast Updated: Mar-12-14 9:56 am
- Kalamazoo Valley Community College to ban tobacco Updated: Mar-12-14 9:53 am
- Medical examiner: Michigan mall death accidental Updated: Mar-12-14 9:31 am
- Storm leads to travel warnings, power problems Updated: Mar-12-14 9:28 am
- State of Michigan fines prison food vendor $98,000 Updated: Mar-12-14 9:07 am
- Snow brings slippery roads to southern Michigan Updated: Mar-12-14 8:26 am
- $5M fund to aid reuse of Detroit school sites Updated: Mar-12-14 8:08 am
- Bay County votes down anti-discrimination measure Updated: Mar-12-14 7:43 am
- Hundreds of schools close amid snow in Michigan Updated: Mar-12-14 6:50 am
- Saginaw Spirit game postponed after player's death Updated: Mar-12-14 6:17 am
- Mid-year budget bill has $215 million for roads Updated: Mar-12-14 5:28 am
- Abortion insurance law taking effect in Michigan Updated: Mar-12-14 5:28 am
- Izzo says Big Ten tourney is 'big' for Spartans Updated: Mar-12-14 4:17 am
- Sobriety Court arrives in Grand Haven Updated: Mar-12-14 4:13 am
- Talk focuses on environmental threats to children Updated: Mar-12-14 4:05 am
- Steps taken toward cleanup of White Lake pollution Updated: Mar-12-14 4:04 am
- Carson's store in Livonia to 'Stuff the Truck' Updated: Mar-12-14 4:04 am
- State police find body of missing hockey player Updated: Mar-12-14 12:03 am
- Pistons clamp down on Kings in 99-89 win Updated: Mar-11-14 11:33 pm
PONTIAC, Michigan - Authorities are asking Detroit-area dentists for help in identifying the mummified remains of a woman found in a car last week.
DETROIT - A nearly 27-acre urban farm is planned at a former Detroit high school as part of the district's efforts to find ways to reuse empty buildings instead of tearing them down.
LANSING, Michigan - More than 90 communities will share $97 million in grants and loans to fix aging or overwhelmed sewer systems, state officials announced Wednesday, saying the quality of one of Michigan's most prized assets - water - is at risk.
LANSING, Michigan - Lansing Lugnuts fans could see a baseball game without leaving their couch.
DALLAS - In a story March 11 about the arrest in Dallas of a woman accused of killing someone in Flint, Michigan, The Associated Press erroneously reported that the person who was killed was a man. Michelle McIntosh is accused of killing another woman.
GOODRICH, Michigan - A May hearing has been scheduled for a teacher who could lose her job over a video of a student stuck in a classroom chair.
CHICAGO - A wet snow forced residents of Chicago and the Midwest to once again break out shovels and slog to work along slippery roads and slow transit lines, a reality check for winter-weary residents who had just reveled in a day or so of spring-like temperatures. Along the storm's eastward track, upstate New York was gearing up for a blizzard.
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Kalamazoo Valley Community College's board of trustees has voted to ban tobacco and electronic cigarette use on campus at the end of this year.
SOUTHFIELD, Michigan - The January death of a 25-year-old man following a confrontation with security guards at a suburban Detroit shopping mall was accidental, a medical examiner has ruled.
BATTLE CREEK, Michigan - Snow and ice across southern Michigan are prompting warnings about travel and causing power problems.
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan Department of Corrections has fined its prison food vendor $98,000 for a number of violations, including employees having improper contact with inmates.
SOUTHFIELD, Michigan - Snow fell Wednesday across a wide swath of southern Michigan, leaving roads slippery and leading to spin-outs and slide-off crashes as weather disrupted the morning commute and closed hundreds of schools.
DETROIT - A $5 million fund is planned to entice developers to breathe new life into vacant Detroit school buildings and other properties.
BAY CITY, Michigan - Leaders in Bay County have rejected a measure to prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity.
DETROIT - Hundreds of schools are closing their doors for the day as snow falls across a wide swath of southern Michigan.
SAGINAW, Michigan - A Saginaw Spirit minor league hockey team game has been postponed following the death of 20-year-old player Terry Trafford.
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan legislative leaders have agreed to set aside $215 million in the middle of the budget year for road maintenance, partly to help road agencies grappling with winter costs and potholes.
LANSING, Michigan - A new Michigan law requires residents or businesses wanting health insurance coverage for abortions to buy extra coverage.
EAST LANSING, Michigan - In most seasons, the Big Ten tournament seems to be regarded as simply a speed bump for Michigan State coach Tom Izzo.
GRAND HAVEN, Michigan - When the first eight participants of the 58th District Court Sobriety Treatment Program walked through the doors of a Grand Haven courtroom last month, they were met with a warm welcome by Judge Craig Bunce and an introduction to the program's team members.
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Protecting children from environmental threats is the focus of the latest talk in a southwestern Michigan series dealing with climate change.
MUSKEGON, Michigan - A western Michigan lake is moving closer to removal from a list of toxic hot spots in the Great Lakes region.
LIVONIA, Michigan - A Carson's store in Livonia is taking part in a program that gives discounts to customers who donate items to Goodwill.
SAGINAW, Michigan - The Saginaw Spirit minor league hockey team confirmed Tuesday that police found the body of 20-year-old player Terry Trafford, who disappeared eight days earlier after receiving discipline from the club.
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan - If the Detroit Pistons had played defense like this all season, their chances of making the playoffs might not look so remote.