- Sierra Club campaign targets southern Indiana power plant Updated: Feb-06-16 2:02 pm
ROCKPORT, Indiana - The Sierra Club is targeting a southern Indiana power plant in its campaign to close aging, coal-fired stations.
- Man walking on freeway exit ramp dies after car hits him Updated: Feb-06-16 1:56 pm
DETROIT - Authorities say a man walking on an exit ramp in downtown Detroit interstate has died after being struck by a car.
- Man accused of IS-inspired plot to attack Detroit church Updated: Feb-06-16 1:44 pm
DETROIT - Authorities have arrested a 21-year-old Michigan man whom they accuse of supporting Islamic State militants and plotting to attack a Detroit church.
- Editorials from around New England Updated: Feb-06-16 1:17 pm
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New England newspapers:
- Ex-'Survivor' contestant charged with possessing child porn Updated: Feb-06-16 1:16 pm
CLARKSTON, Michigan - Michigan authorities have charged a former "Survivor" contestant with possessing child pornography and running Ponzi scheme.
- Some advocates leery of Michigan's domestic abuse gun laws Updated: Feb-06-16 10:10 am
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan lags behind some other states when it comes to laws meant to keep guns from domestic abusers, some advocates for stricter gun control say.
- DNR offers snowmobile sound tests amid increased enforcement Updated: Feb-06-16 4:01 am
MARQUETTE, Michigan - The Michigan Department of Natural Resources is offering snowmobile sound testing as part of an effort to ensure that machines are operating legally.
- Research looks at blight fight, recycling building materials Updated: Feb-06-16 4:01 am
- Instrument made from old agave plant starring in concert Updated: Feb-06-16 4:01 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A concert of original music composed for a flute made from the stalk of an 80-year-old agave plant is taking place at the University of Michigan.
- Jackson, Williams help Akron beat Central Michigan 92-87 Updated: Feb-05-16 10:28 pm
AKRON, Ohio - Freshman Josh Williams hit six 3-pointers and scored 22, both season highs, and Antino Jackson added 18 points on 7-of-9 shooting to help Akron beat Central Michigan 92-87 Friday night.
- No. 5 Maryland beats No. 17 Michigan State 85-76 Updated: Feb-05-16 10:19 pm
COLLEGE PARK, Maryland - Shatori Walker-Kimbrough put her name in the Maryland record book with a prolific shooting performance that rendered No. 17 Michigan State defenseless.
- Snyder defends office's handling of Legionnaires' outbreak Updated: Feb-05-16 9:58 pm
FLINT, Michigan - Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder on Friday defended how his office responded to an email flagging a potential link between a surge in Legionnaires' disease and Flint's water, saying an aide asked for further investigation but a state agency did not bring forward the issue again.
- Federal judge issues temporary freeze on new election law Updated: Feb-05-16 9:35 pm
LANSING, Michigan - A federal court judge put a temporary freeze Friday on a new Michigan election law that critics say amounts to a "gag order," and urged lawmakers to clarify the issue quickly.
- College athletes volunteer to help Flint amid water crisis Updated: Feb-05-16 7:37 pm
FLINT, Michigan - College athletes are among those volunteering to help Flint amid the city's crisis with lead-tainted drinking water.
- Michigan State announces football game ticket price hike Updated: Feb-05-16 6:22 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Michigan State is raising ticket prices for football games after its second Big Ten title in three years.
- The Latest: Snyder: Disaster loans approved for Flint Updated: Feb-05-16 6:11 pm
FLINT, Michigan - The Latest on Flint's water emergency (all times local):
- EPA: Traces of contaminant found in 3 Colorado water systems Updated: Feb-05-16 5:35 pm
DENVER - Traces of widely used and potentially harmful chemicals have shown up in three drinking water systems in Colorado, prompting officials to shut down three wells and start looking for the source.
- Hospital mails some patient letters to wrong addresses Updated: Feb-05-16 3:45 pm
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - About 700 letters for patients of a Kalamazoo hospital have been sent to the wrong addresses.
- State agency plans to monitor dioxane plume in Ann Arbor Updated: Feb-05-16 3:27 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - The Michigan Department of Environmental Quality will closely monitor a dioxane plume that's been slowly expanding in Ann Arbor as it moves closer to the Huron River, according to the agency.
- Eastern Michigan to end agreement with schools authority Updated: Feb-05-16 3:23 pm
YPSILANTI, Michigan - Eastern Michigan University is stepping away from its involvement with a spinoff system of 15 schools that once were part of the Detroit Public Schools.
- Flint food establishments urged to get water inspections Updated: Feb-05-16 1:59 pm
FLINT, Michigan - Food establishments in Flint are being encouraged to take advantage of free water safety inspections offered amid the city's crisis with lead-tainted water.
- Carbon monoxide probed as possible cause of man's death Updated: Feb-05-16 1:25 pm
JEFFERSON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A 43-year-old man has died -- possibly from carbon monoxide poisoning -- in southwestern Michigan.
- Hope College inaugurating concert hall amid arts expansion Updated: Feb-05-16 11:22 am
HOLLAND, Michigan - Hope College's new $35 million Jack H. Miller Center for Musical Arts includes an 800-seat concert hall, a recital hall with seating for up to 125, rehearsal rooms and a dedicated organ studio.
- Township supervisor faces charge related to real estate deal Updated: Feb-05-16 10:54 am
WYOMING, Michigan - A township supervisor in western Michigan has been charged with stealing more than $20,000 in a real estate case.
- Sheriff's sergeant hurt when burning tire on truck explodes Updated: Feb-05-16 10:31 am
MARSHALL TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities say a sheriff's sergeant was injured when a burning tire on truck exploded in southern Michigan.