- $21 million project links 20 miles of Detroit pathways Updated: Apr-29-16 12:05 am
DETROIT - A $21 million project linking 20 miles of walking, running and biking paths in Detroit has wrapped up as part of an effort to boost recreation activities, better connect redeveloping neighborhoods and spur growth.
- Lions take Ohio State OT Taylor Decker with No. 16 selection Updated: Apr-28-16 11:44 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - Rookie general manager Bob Quinn doesn't mind admitting he might play it safe as he tries to turn the Lions back into contenders.
- NFL Draft: Players selected in the first round Updated: Apr-28-16 11:44 pm
The players selected in the first round of the NFL draft Thursday night in Chicago:
- Chicago testing water at small number of schools for lead Updated: Apr-28-16 10:48 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago has begun testing water at more than two dozen public schools for lead.
- Winery near Traverse City paying for trees in state parks Updated: Apr-28-16 9:12 pm
OLD MISSION PENINSULA, Michigan - A winery near Traverse City is donating $10,000 to plant nearly 200 trees in Michigan state parks.
- Flint residents tell civil rights panel of fear, distrust Updated: Apr-28-16 9:05 pm
FLINT, Michigan - Half a century after a civil rights panel investigated Flint's segregated housing, the commission held its first hearing Thursday into whether city residents again faced discrimination or racial bias - this time related to the city's crisis over lead-tainted drinking water.
- State police posts collecting expired, unused prescriptions Updated: Apr-28-16 8:59 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan State Police posts statewide are serving as drop-off points for expired, unwanted or unused prescription drugs.
- Proposed study could require shutdown of Enbridge pipeline Updated: Apr-28-16 8:59 pm
ST. IGNACE, Michigan - A member of Congress from Michigan wants a federal investigation that could lead to shutdown of twin oil pipelines beneath the waterway where Lakes Huron and Michigan converge.
- Woman in 'Fatal Desire' case admits guilt in prison letters Updated: Apr-28-16 8:23 pm
FLINT, Michigan - A prosecutor says a Flint-area woman who was convicted of enticing her online boyfriend to kill her husband in 1999 has admitted her role in letters from prison.
- The Latest: State: 11M liters of water distributed in Flint Updated: Apr-28-16 8:15 pm
FLINT, Michigan - The Latest on the lead-tainted water crisis in Flint, Michigan: (all times local):
- Anthony Gose doubles, homers to lead Tigers over A's 7-3 Updated: Apr-28-16 8:03 pm
DETROIT - Detroit Tigers right-hander Anibal Sanchez thinks he is getting closer to finding the mechanics that deserted him last year.
- Michigan law limiting talk about elections won't be enforced Updated: Apr-28-16 7:57 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - The state of Michigan won't enforce a law that blocks local government officials from talking about a ballot question before an election, under a deal approved Thursday by a federal judge.
- Police capture man accused of robbing bank, fleeing on bike Updated: Apr-28-16 7:25 pm
BYRON, Michigan - The getaway vehicle had only two wheels.
- After starting trip 4-0, A's head home with .500 swing Updated: Apr-28-16 6:41 pm
DETROIT - After Oakland opened a trip with a three-game sweep of the New York Yankees and a win at Toronto, the Athletics had high hopes.
- No longer rebuilding, Pistons hope to improve in offseason Updated: Apr-28-16 6:10 pm
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan - The Detroit Pistons have finally moved beyond the rebuilding stage.
- AP Source: Fiat Chrysler, Google in partnership talks Updated: Apr-28-16 4:50 pm
DETROIT - Fiat Chrysler and Google's self-driving car project are in advanced talks to form a technical partnership.
- Feds are advising Dearborn police after 2 fatal shootings Updated: Apr-28-16 4:43 pm
DEARBORN, Michigan - The U.S. Justice Department will give advice to a Detroit-area police department whose officers have been involved in two fatal shootings in recent months.
- Michigan congressman proposes lower lead limit for tap water Updated: Apr-28-16 4:35 pm
A Michigan congressman is proposing a tougher national limit for lead in drinking water in response to the crisis in Flint.
- New home of Detroit Red Wings to be Little Caesars Arena Updated: Apr-28-16 4:26 pm
DETROIT - The name of the new home of the Detroit Red Wings is staying in the family.
- Senate committee OKs millions to aid Flint in water crisis Updated: Apr-28-16 4:18 pm
WASHINGTON - A Senate committee on Thursday approved a $220 million aid package for Flint, Michigan, as the city struggles to deal with a water crisis and public health emergency from lead-contaminated pipes.
- Michigan online system for driver services down for few days Updated: Apr-28-16 3:22 pm
LANSING, Michigan - An online system for Michigan residents who want to renew a driver's license or get other services is down through late Saturday.
- Survey suggests slight drop in Michigan wolf population Updated: Apr-28-16 2:58 pm
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - The gray wolf population in Michigan's Upper Peninsula appears to have declined slightly in recent years, but state biologists say it's stable and healthy.
- Ford's 1Q net income doubles on truck, SUV sales Updated: Apr-28-16 1:35 pm
DEARBORN, Michigan - Ford Motor Co.'s net income more than doubled to $2.5 billion in the first quarter on strong sales of trucks and SUVs worldwide.
- Some principals charged with kickbacks faced financial woes Updated: Apr-28-16 12:56 pm
DETROIT - A dozen Detroit principals and an administrator are accused of finding a way to bleed their struggling public schools of $900,000 - ordering chairs, writing paper and other supplies that in most cases were never delivered, even as investigators doggedly battled fraud in a district that lacks textbooks and even toilet paper.
- The Latest: Detroit principal pleads guilty in kickback scam Updated: Apr-28-16 12:40 pm
DETROIT - The Latest on the federal bribery cases against Detroit school officials (all times local):