- Lake Michigan lodge for sale has beach, rooms - and chapel Updated: Aug-30-15 12:37 pm
GLENN, Michigan - The Sunset Lodge, with its Lake Michigan beach and even a chapel, is on the market for $1.5 million more than 100 years after the Episcopal Church in Chicago opened it for single women and girls.
- State says lease payments to end soon on idle rail cars Updated: Aug-30-15 12:34 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan has reached an agreement with a railroad to end $3,000-a-day lease payments on train cars that are resting in a rail yard, an official said.
- Funeral for Michigan trooper set for Tuesday at high school Updated: Aug-30-15 10:14 am
FENTON, Michigan - Funeral arrangements are set for a Michigan State Police trooper who was hit while on motorcycle patrol in Oakland County.
- Hunting season for teal begins Tuesday in Michigan Updated: Aug-30-15 4:07 am
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan is experimenting for a second year with a hunting season for teal, a small duck species.
- State program provides grants for snowmobile trail easements Updated: Aug-30-15 4:07 am
LANSING, Michigan - State officials have announced a new grant program for nonprofits and local governments to purchase permanent easements for snowmobile trails.
- Hope College's new music center opens to students Updated: Aug-30-15 4:07 am
HOLLAND, Michigan - Hope College's new $33 million music center opened to students this weekend.
- Pawn shop sells Jack Kevorkian's assisted suicide van Updated: Aug-29-15 9:25 pm
SOUTHFIELD, Michigan - A pawn shop owner has sold an old Volkswagen van that was used by assisted suicide advocate Jack Kevorkian.
- Michigan rally shows support for ex-Marine held by Iran Updated: Aug-29-15 7:04 pm
BAY CITY, Michigan - Dozens of people at a Michigan rally released balloons Saturday to mark the four-year anniversary of Iran's refusal to free a former Marine from prison.
- Slumping Tigers battered by Encarnacion, Blue Jays 15-1 Updated: Aug-29-15 6:45 pm
TORONTO - Amid a run of rotten results, this was a new low for the reeling Detroit Tigers.
- Helicopters used to find marijuana outdoors in Monroe County Updated: Aug-29-15 5:20 pm
MILAN, Michigan - More than 200 marijuana plants have been uprooted in Monroe County after a search by police from the sky.
- Hackers strike at data of thousands of Catholic workers Updated: Aug-29-15 1:37 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Hackers cracked a computer network and got access to Social Security numbers and other personal information of more than 10,000 people who work for Roman Catholic churches or church affiliates around Michigan.
- Court gives sentencing power to juries in some murder cases Updated: Aug-29-15 12:59 pm
DETROIT - The case of an overnight attack on a couple in a small Michigan town could rewrite the rules for life sentences for teens convicted of murder.
- Ex-convict charged with murder, rape in '88 death of woman Updated: Aug-29-15 12:47 pm
PONTIAC, Michigan - Murder and sexual assault charges have been filed in suburban Detroit, nearly three decades after an 88-year-old widow was found dead in her home.
- Man from India drowns in Lake St. Clair in Macomb County Updated: Aug-29-15 10:38 am
HARRISON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities are contacting a family in India to tell them that a relative working in Michigan has drowned in Lake St. Clair.
- $50,000 business prize awarded to Detroit cycling studio Updated: Aug-29-15 9:43 am
DETROIT - A workout on wheels has been awarded $50,000 from Comerica Bank in a contest to reward entrepreneurs in Detroit.
- Man, 90, recalls meeting Babe Ruth at Norfolk field in 1934 Updated: Aug-29-15 9:35 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - 1968. "Let's see, it was the Detroit Tigers over the St. Louis Cardinals."
- Open houses scheduled for 2 fully rehabbed Detroit homes Updated: Aug-29-15 4:04 am
DETROIT - Open houses are scheduled for two west side Detroit homes that have been fully rehabbed under a new program between the city, Quicken Loans and Home Depot.
- Dan Gilbert real estate firm buys Book Tower in Detroit Updated: Aug-28-15 8:44 pm
DETROIT - Dan Gilbert's ownership presence in downtown Detroit has kept growing, with the addition of a vacant 38-story office tower and adjacent buildings to his stable of properties.
- State police: Trooper dragged after motorcycle struck dies Updated: Aug-28-15 6:41 pm
DETROIT - A state trooper on motorcycle patrol died from injuries suffered when he was dragged several miles by a car hauling a trailer which struck him along a Michigan highway.
- Friend of drowned fire chief intoxicated while manning boat Updated: Aug-28-15 4:58 pm
HARRISON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A 55-year-old man had been drinking while operating a boat that a suburban Detroit fire chief jumped from before drowning.
- Flint residents attend town hall meeting on water injunction Updated: Aug-28-15 3:59 pm
FLINT, Michigan - Several local groups held a town hall meeting in Flint to inform residents about a recent injunction regarding the city's troubled water supply.
- Woman arraigned in fatal stabbing on Detroit public bus Updated: Aug-28-15 12:31 pm
DETROIT - A 29-year-old Detroit woman has been arraigned in the fatal stabbing of another woman during an argument on a public city bus.
- Pilot dies in small plane crash at Michigan airport Updated: Aug-28-15 11:31 am
BATTLE CREEK, Michigan - Authorities say the pilot of a small plane has died after a crash at a southwestern Michigan airport.
- New music festival comes to Jonesville Updated: Aug-28-15 11:01 am
JONESVILLE, Michigan - It might not be Woodstock, but a new music festival coming to Jonesville in September is trying to emulate the tamer - and more musical - aspects of the 1969 festival.
- Ceremony planned for deal protecting northern Michigan woods Updated: Aug-28-15 4:04 am
BOYNE FALLS, Michigan - A ceremony is planned to celebrate an agreement that will protect 750 acres of hardwood forest in northern Michigan from development.