- Mich. Senate votes to authorize sale of building Updated: Dec-04-13 8:58 pm
- Delta to retrain baby boomers for new careers Updated: Dec-04-13 8:52 pm
- Snyder hosts naturalization ceremony at Capitol Updated: Dec-04-13 8:19 pm
- Murder charge for man accused of fatal bat beating Updated: Dec-04-13 8:06 pm
- Ill. pension fight could create deeper fiscal hole Updated: Dec-04-13 7:11 pm
- House votes to assume teen prostitutes are victims Updated: Dec-04-13 6:58 pm
- US judge breaks up charges in case of slain boy Updated: Dec-04-13 6:53 pm
- Police chief criticizes quadruple murder probe Updated: Dec-04-13 6:44 pm
- Up-tempo Eagles next test for Suh, Lions Updated: Dec-04-13 6:43 pm
- Tigers agree to deal with Joe Nathan Updated: Dec-04-13 6:05 pm
- Last BCS debate is first Playoff debate Updated: Dec-04-13 5:15 pm
- House votes to ensure jury trials in state suits Updated: Dec-04-13 4:42 pm
- Stakes now even higher for Detroit retirees Updated: Dec-04-13 4:35 pm
- Michigan House budget rising 5 percent in 2014 Updated: Dec-04-13 4:29 pm
- Editorial: Auto bailout all but forgotten Updated: Dec-04-13 4:19 pm
- Strikes planned at Michigan fast-food restaurants Updated: Dec-04-13 3:55 pm
- Blues help reopen Pinckney UM student free clinic Updated: Dec-04-13 3:40 pm
- Author, journalism professor Roat dies at 67 Updated: Dec-04-13 2:49 pm
- After long season, task is simple for Buckeyes Updated: Dec-04-13 1:30 pm
- Report: Detroit-bought art worth as much as $870M Updated: Dec-04-13 12:56 pm
- E. Michigan student wounded in shooting to move Updated: Dec-04-13 12:12 pm
- More security planned after EMU student shot Updated: Dec-04-13 11:40 am
- Recall petition rejected for clerk following slur Updated: Dec-04-13 11:20 am
- No SEC team in the title game? Different, yes.... Updated: Dec-04-13 11:18 am
- Moulton: The case for Ohio State Updated: Dec-04-13 11:18 am
LANSING, Michigan - State senators authorized the potential sale of their downtown office building on Wednesday, drawing criticism from a top Democrat who alleged a secret deal already has been struck to move into nicer offices nearby.
FRANKENLUST TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Delta College is known as a place where young adults can get a step up in launching a career.
LANSING, Michigan - Twenty-five Michigan residents who entered the state Capitol as citizens of 18 countries on Wednesday left as Americans.
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Prosecutors have filed a murder charge against a man accused of beating another man with a baseball bat, then leaving him critically injured in a trash bin.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - With the fight over solving Illinois' worst-in-the-nation pension shortfall now headed to the courts, the financially troubled state faces a grim possibility: The plan could be tossed, and Illinois could wind up in an even deeper fiscal hole than the one it's in now.
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan House has voted to give legal protection to teen prostitutes in an attempt to address human trafficking.
BAY CITY, Michigan - A federal judge has agreed to sever some of the charges against a man accused of killing a 4-year-old boy on an Indian reservation near Mount Pleasant.
DETROIT - Police Chief James Craig is criticizing the initial investigation into the year-old unsolved slayings of four people at an east side Detroit home.
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - Detroit coach Jim Schwartz offered one obvious antidote to Philadelphia's fast-paced offense, which his Lions will try to contain this weekend.
DETROIT - Joe Nathan expects to fit in just fine in Detroit - and now the Tigers don't have to face the closer who has dominated them more than perhaps any other in baseball.
The last big BCS debate is in a way the first big College Football Playoff debate.
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan House has voted unanimously to ensure that the right to jury trials continues in certain lawsuits filed against the state.
DETROIT - Shirley Lightsey's phone keeps ringing. As head of a group of Detroit retirees, she's trying to keep up with calls from anxious pensioners who fear their monthly payments are at great risk now that a judge says the bankrupt city can cut them.
LANSING, Michigan - Lawmakers in the Michigan House will see their office budgets rise 5 percent in 2014.
When President Obama orchestrated the multibillion-dollar bailout of the U.S. auto industry in 2009 - GM and Chrysler were headed into bankruptcy, Ford was struggling - his many critics derided it as either a nefarious socialist plot or an attempt to buy the votes of autoworkers about to lose their jobs.
DETROIT - Workers are expected to walk off their jobs Thursday at fast-food restaurants across Michigan as part of a national protest in 100 cities against low wages.
PINCKNEY, Michigan - The University of Michigan-run free health clinic in Pinckney has reopened after a fire at its old location, with help from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and other donors.
LUDINGTON, Michigan - Author and retired journalism professor Ronald Clair Roat has died at his Ludington home in western Michigan. He was 67.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - It might seem as if the pressure just keeps building and building on No. 2 Ohio State.
DETROIT - City-bought works at the Detroit Institute of Arts have an estimated value roughly between $450 million and $870 million, according to an appraisal conducted by New York auction house Christie's.
YPSILANTI, Michigan - An Eastern Michigan University student who was shot in the shoulder by gunfire from outside her off-campus apartment said she plans to find a new place to live.
YPSILANTI, Michigan - Management of an off-campus apartment complex where an Eastern Michigan University student was shot in the shoulder says it plans to step up security.
BUENA VISTA TOWNSHIP, Michigan - The Saginaw County Election Commission has rejected a proposed recall petition for a white Michigan township clerk who was recorded using a racial slur to describe a black official.
Jay Jacobs, the director of athletics at Auburn University, is already lobbying for his school's football team to earn a berth in the BCS National Championship Game if it beats Missouri on Saturday in Atlanta.
If Florida State and Ohio State win Saturday, they play for the national championship.