- Scarves, hats, gloves left in Bay City park for homeless Updated: Nov-25-15 9:35 pm
BAY CITY, Michigan - Regulars at a downtown Bay City park found something unexpected: scarves, hats and gloves hanging from or wrapped around light poles and trees.
- Court testimony starts in Flint water rates hearing Updated: Nov-25-15 9:25 pm
FLINT, Michigan - Residents and Flint officials have testified during the first day of a hearing on whether the city failed to follow a judge's order to lower water and sewer rates.
- USS Milwaukee makes Detroit stop en route to South China Sea Updated: Nov-25-15 7:13 pm
DETROIT - The USS Milwaukee littoral combat ship has stopped in Detroit en route to duty in the South China Sea.
- Travelers take to the roads and the skies for Thanksgiving Updated: Nov-25-15 7:11 pm
LOS ANGELES - The big Thanksgiving getaway went into full swing Wednesday with drivers delighted by the lowest November gas prices in years and many airline passengers undaunted by terrorism fears and long lines at security checkpoints.
- Detroit teen charged in slaying of 91-year-old neighbor Updated: Nov-25-15 6:37 pm
DETROIT - A Detroit teenager has been charged in the slaying of a 91-year-old neighbor whose home was later set on fire.
- Gbinije scores 26, Syracuse downs Charlotte 83-70 in Bahamas Updated: Nov-25-15 5:44 pm
PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas - Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim hoped to use the Battle 4 Atlantis this week to get a better idea of where his team was at early in the season.
- Eastern Michigan cruises to 108-64 win over D-III Marygrove Updated: Nov-25-15 4:48 pm
YPSILANTI, Michigan - James Thompson IV had 32 points with 13 rebounds and Eastern Michigan rolled to a 108-64 victory over NAIA Marygrove College on Wednesday.
- Ohio State moves to end annual lake jump after student dies Updated: Nov-25-15 4:45 pm
CINCINNATI - Ohio State University announced Wednesday that it will move to end an annual lake jump after a student experienced a fatal medical emergency while participating in the campus tradition.
- 1 arrested after threat found on wall at Michigan State Updated: Nov-25-15 4:09 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - One person has been arrested after a threat found on a building wall at Michigan State University forced some classes to be moved to other locations on campus.
- Former health official enters plea in Medicaid fraud case Updated: Nov-25-15 3:49 pm
MASON, Michigan - The former head of a Calhoun County mental health organization faces up to 17 months in prison and will pay more than $1 million as part of a plea deal in a fraud case.
- Lions' search for general manager assisted by Ernie Accorsi Updated: Nov-25-15 3:05 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - The Detroit Lions have reached a deal to have Ernie Accorsi assist with their search for a general manager.
- Daughter of man named on recovered grave marker located Updated: Nov-25-15 2:41 pm
UNION TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A relative of a man whose name is on one of two grave markers found near a central Michigan roadside has been located.
- J.J. Panoske leads Milwaukee past Central Michigan 84-78 Updated: Nov-25-15 2:23 pm
ESTERO, Florida - J.J. Panoske scored 18 on 6-of-9 shooting and Jordan Johnson added 17 points - including three free throws in the final 26 seconds - with nine assists to help Milwaukee held off Central Michigan 84-78 Wednesday in the Gulf Coast Showcase.
- Investigators: Jewelry heist suspects could be part of ring Updated: Nov-25-15 2:20 pm
ASHVEVILLE, North Carolina - A group of Detroit-area men who were charged in a jewelry store robbery in North Carolina could be linked to a string of store thefts throughout the eastern U.S., federal authorities said.
- New Bo and Woody? Harbaugh and Meyer prep for 1st showdown Updated: Nov-25-15 2:14 pm
There's no mistaking these two for Bo and Woody - yet.
- No. 12 Kentucky women roll past Eastern Michigan 89-67 Updated: Nov-25-15 2:02 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Makayla Epps had 21 points, six rebounds and eight assists while Janee Thompson scored 16 with a career-high tying 10 assists to help No. 12 Kentucky women beat Eastern Michigan 89-67 Wednesday.
- Governor orders flags lowered to honor Detroit firefighter Updated: Nov-25-15 1:45 pm
DETROIT - Gov. Rick Snyder has ordered U.S. and Michigan flags lowered to half-staff Monday at the Capitol and other state government buildings in honor of a deceased Detroit firefighter.
- Hunter, 80, collapses, dies in Monroe County Updated: Nov-25-15 9:18 am
MONROE, Michigan - Authorities say an 80-year-old man has died while deer hunting in Monroe County.
- Piper the border collie temporarily off bird-chasing duties Updated: Nov-25-15 9:14 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Cherry Capital Airport's appointed runway bird-chaser might be down, but he's not out.
- Stockbridge's Gee-Montgomery AP Division 5-6 Player of Year Updated: Nov-25-15 6:35 am
Jeremy Killinger always knew his Stockbridge football program would be in good shape with Mason Gee-Montgomery at quarterback.
- Parade sending in the clowns to greet travelers at airport Updated: Nov-25-15 6:33 am
ROMULUS, Michigan - Organizers of Detroit's Thanksgiving Day parade are sending in the clowns to Detroit Metropolitan Airport.
- Memorial planned for grandson of former Michigan coach Updated: Nov-25-15 6:06 am
SALINE, Michigan - A public memorial is planned for the 5-year-old grandson of former Michigan football coach Lloyd Carr.
- Grand Rapids' oldest black Baptist church marks anniversary Updated: Nov-25-15 5:15 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - Messiah Missionary Baptist Church in Grand Rapids was the realization of one pioneering woman's dream.
- Eastern Michigan to expand Ypsilanti program with grant Updated: Nov-25-15 4:02 am
YPSILANTI, Michigan - Eastern Michigan University has received a $361,000 Kresge Foundation grant to expand programs for low-income families in Ypsilanti housing projects.
- Warriors make NBA history as first team to start season 16-0 Updated: Nov-25-15 2:10 am
OAKLAND, California - Interim coach Luke Walton believes the time will come when the Golden State Warriors finally lose a game.