- Sick-out by Detroit teachers prompts 43 school closures Updated: May-02-16 1:35 am
DETROIT - More than 40 Detroit Public Schools will be closed Monday, the district said, after the teachers union urged members to call in sick in a protest over funding issues.
- Latest: Sick-out prompts 43 Detroit school closures Updated: May-01-16 11:56 pm
DETROIT - The Latest on Detroit Public Schools closures (all times local):
- Detroit auditor: Feds subpoenaed documents in blight program Updated: May-01-16 11:40 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit auditor general says federal investigators subpoenaed his office requesting records related to the use of federal funds for the city's blight-removal program.
- Nolasco allows 3-run homer in Twins' 6-5 loss to Tigers Updated: May-01-16 8:51 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The final play of Minnesota's 6-5 loss to the Detroit Tigers on Sunday summed up how things have gone for the Twins lately.
- Saltalamacchia lifts streaking Tigers over Twins, 6-5 Updated: May-01-16 7:33 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Not long ago, the Tigers were left reeling after a three-game sweep by the visiting Indians. One week later, Detroit is heading into Cleveland with a five-game winning streak.
- Tuskegee Airman, 94, awarded Bronze Star at NAACP dinner Updated: May-01-16 7:30 pm
DETROIT - A 94-year-old Detroit native has been awarded the Bronze Star Medal for heroic service and meritorious achievement during World War II.
- Gathering seeks ways to improve health of Detroit residents Updated: May-01-16 5:09 pm
DETROIT - Health problems that disproportionally affect Detroit residents are the focus of a gathering at Wayne State University.
- Michigan awards $587,000 in grants for scrap tire cleanups Updated: May-01-16 5:08 pm
LANSING, Michigan - State officials are encouraging communities around Michigan to help people get rid of old vehicle tires.
- Work starting on US 23 bridge at Washtenaw-Livingston border Updated: May-01-16 5:08 pm
WHITMORE LAKE, Michigan - Work is set to begin Monday to rebuild a bridge over a major highway in southeastern Michigan that had to be torn down following a crash.
- Police investigating body bound in car trunk in Saginaw Updated: May-01-16 4:42 pm
SAGINAW, Michigan - Police are investigating the death of a woman found dead inside the trunk of a car on the west side of Saginaw.
- Detroit to begin shutting off water Monday to those who owe Updated: May-01-16 3:36 pm
DETROIT - A Detroit water official says crews will begin shutting off service on Monday to people behind on bill payments.
- Some lawmakers say some police ill-equipped for overdoses Updated: May-01-16 3:31 pm
LANSING, Michigan - A group of 22 lawmakers backs a bill to require more rigorous medical training for police officers.
- Michigan's Adventure seeks to link to public sewage system Updated: May-01-16 3:17 pm
MUSKEGON, Michigan - A western Michigan amusement park that last month received a permit allowing it to increase how much sewage it treats and releases into groundwater is now seeking to hook into a public system.
- Police investigate if body in ditch was hit-and-run victim Updated: May-01-16 2:28 pm
ARMADA TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Michigan State Police are investigating whether a 21-year-old man found dead in a ditch north of Detroit may have been a hit-and-run victim.
- Western Michigan highway named in honor of fallen soldier Updated: May-01-16 2:13 pm
WHITE CLOUD, Michigan - A stretch of highway in western Michigan has been named in honor of a soldier who was killed in Iraq in 2005.
- Michigan didn't issue fines in many asbestos violations Updated: May-01-16 1:21 pm
DETROIT - Michigan's state worker safety agency didn't issue fines in the majority of asbestos abatement cases where it found serious violations during the past seven years, and not one company was fined the maximum $7,000, a newspaper reports.
- Flint firefighters say body found in house after blaze Updated: May-01-16 10:09 am
FLINT, Michigan - Authorities say a person was found dead in an early-morning house fire on the south side of Flint.
- Raiders trade up to select QB Connor Cook in 4th round Updated: Apr-30-16 8:43 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Oakland general manager Reggie McKenzie was schooled in the draft by Ron Wolf during his long tenure in the front office in Green Bay.
- Lions add Michigan QB Rudock in 6th round as draft wraps up Updated: Apr-30-16 8:19 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - The Detroit Lions had already drafted three players who could provide protection for quarterback Matthew Stafford.
- Vikings pick WR Boehringer, a European first for NFL draft Updated: Apr-30-16 8:04 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - Rookie minicamp in Minnesota next weekend will have a German accent.
- Plan set for forest management along Alpena County trail Updated: Apr-30-16 5:17 pm
ALPENA, Michigan - State regulators have reached a decision on forest management along a trail network known as the Chippewa Hills Pathway in Alpena County.
- Bloomberg tells graduates to be wary of partisan politics Updated: Apr-30-16 4:43 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Businessman and former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has told graduates at the University of Michigan to be wary of partisan politics and intolerance.
- Northern Michigan approves residence hall replacement plan Updated: Apr-30-16 2:39 pm
MARQUETTE, Michigan - Northern Michigan University trustees have approved an $80 million residence hall replacement project.
- Trouble-causing teenagers impacting festivals, other events Updated: Apr-30-16 11:52 am
ST. CLAIR SHORES, Michigan - Rowdy teens are impacting warm weather events in at least two suburban Detroit communities.
- Woman's body found on Grand Rapids Community College campus Updated: Apr-30-16 10:03 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A woman's body has been found on the campus of a western Michigan community college after a witness reported seeing a man dragging what appeared to be a body near a main building and parking ramp.