- Michigan voters deciding on tax increase for road repairs Updated: May-05-15 7:18 am
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan voters were deciding Tuesday whether to agree to higher taxes to improve deteriorating roads and bridges.
- Police: Body found by river could be connected to other case Updated: May-05-15 7:01 am
FLINT, Michigan - Authorities say a woman's body found hear the Flint River could be connected to a person reported missing.
- Briefing planned on Lake Erie nutrient reduction initiative Updated: May-05-15 5:59 am
DUNDEE, Michigan - Federal officials are planning a public briefing on a program designed to prevent runoff of nutrients into Lake Erie that scientists blame for outbreaks of toxic bacteria.
- Boy, 4, shot once in head in suburban Detroit park Updated: May-05-15 5:40 am
CLINTON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities say a 4-year-old boy is in the hospital after being shot once in the head in a suburban Detroit park.
- Thriving flock makes Michigan No. 7 for spring turkey hunt Updated: May-05-15 4:13 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - There is a springtime duet many hunters know and love - the call and response just before a headstrong tom turkey struts into view.
- Applications for bear, elk hunting licenses now available Updated: May-05-15 4:05 am
LANSING, Michigan - If you're interested in hunting bear or elk in Michigan, now is the time to sign up.
- College settles lawsuit with sex offender for $36,000 Updated: May-05-15 4:04 am
DEARBORN, Michigan - A convicted sex offender who sued a suburban Detroit college over his dismissal settled the case for $36,000.
- Western Michigan U to pay $35K in speech lawsuit settlement Updated: May-05-15 1:44 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Western Michigan University is paying $35,000 to settle a lawsuit from a student group that said school policies unlawfully limit free speech on campus.
- Woman shot to death in home; 75-year-old man arrested Updated: May-04-15 8:54 pm
TEXAS TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A 75-year-old man has been arrested after a 74-year-old woman was shot to death in their southwestern Michigan home.
- Prosecutors: Woman had inappropriate relationship with boy Updated: May-04-15 6:17 pm
ELIZABETH, New Jersey - Authorities say a Michigan woman had an inappropriate relationship with a New Jersey boy she met while playing video games online.
- Snyder makes final push for voters to approve tax increase Updated: May-04-15 6:01 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder wrapped up a road tour Monday urging voters to approve a tax increase that would generate $1.2 billion a year more for roads, saying the tax hike is needed to ensure safer roads.
- Ex-teacher charged, accused of relationship with student Updated: May-04-15 5:44 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Michigan - A former high school teacher in southwestern Michigan faces criminal sexual conduct charges following an investigation into reports of an inappropriate relationship with a student.
- Lawyer: Agent acted 'by the book' in fatal Detroit shooting Updated: May-04-15 5:41 pm
DETROIT - A lawyer says a federal agent who fatally shot a young Detroit man acted appropriately and "by the book."
- Jury selection underway in Michigan road rage shooting Updated: May-04-15 5:23 pm
HOWELL, Michigan - Jury selection is underway in the trial of a man accused of committing murder in a road rage incident in southeastern Michigan.
- Snyder rules out Cabinet position in reaction to speculation Updated: May-04-15 5:18 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder said Monday he is not angling for a Cabinet position, despite speculation that could be the case as he travels around the country promoting Michigan's rebound.
- Denver, Colorado College to play outdoor game at Coors Field Updated: May-04-15 5:02 pm
DENVER - The University of Denver and Colorado College will play an outdoor hockey game at Coors Field in February.
- Walker promotes tax cuts before Michigan vote Updated: May-04-15 4:46 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Republican presidential contender Scott Walker on Monday touted tax cuts to boost the U.S. economy, a day before Michigan voters decide the fate of tax hikes to improve deteriorating road and bridge infrastructure.
- Flint expects to ask judge to allow names on primary ballot Updated: May-04-15 4:07 pm
FLINT, Michigan - A Genesee County Circuit Court judge or federal judge may be asked to allow Flint to put the names of mayoral candidates on the primary election ballot after a clerk's error.
- Michigan woman dies after being trapped beneath farm tractor Updated: May-04-15 1:55 pm
HILLMAN TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A woman has died from her injuries after being trapped beneath a farm tractor in Northern Michigan's Montmorency County.
- Michigan State alum gives $5 million to engineering school Updated: May-04-15 1:34 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Michigan State University's College of Engineering has received a $5 million commitment to create scholarships and fellowships for students.
- Woman, estranged husband dead after possible murder-suicide Updated: May-04-15 1:07 pm
DEARBORN, Michigan - Police in Dearborn are investigating the fatal shooting of a woman by her estranged husband who then shot and killed himself.
- Famed neurosurgeon Ben Carson announces White House campaign Updated: May-04-15 11:14 am
DETROIT - Retired surgeon Ben Carson has made it official, telling a crowd in his hometown of Detroit that he's running for president.
- 2 Michigan men admit role in Mississippi drug conspiracy Updated: May-04-15 9:43 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - Two Michigan men have pleaded guilty to their roles in a conspiracy to distribute more than 5 kilos of cocaine and 1 kilo of heroin in South Mississippi.
- Boy, 5, dies after being pulled from Michigan house fire Updated: May-04-15 8:59 am
HOLLAND TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities say a 5-year-old boy has died in an early morning western Michigan house fire.
- Old tree transplanted at University of Michigan showing life Updated: May-04-15 7:47 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A transplanted centuries-old tree on the University of Michigan campus is showing signs of life in its new home.