- Girl, 4, dies after being hurt when partition falls at gym Updated: Sep-04-15 10:49 am
GWINN, Michigan - Police say a 4-year-old girl who was injured after a safety partition being installed in a high school gym fell on her in Michigan's Upper Peninsula has died.
- Increased patrols take place after damage to car along I-69 Updated: Sep-04-15 10:26 am
WALTON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Increased patrols are taking place after damage to a car traveling on Interstate 69 between the Lansing and the Battle Creek areas that may have been caused by a bullet.
- Major Detroit drug dealer to get new sentence Updated: Sep-04-15 10:20 am
DETROIT - A major Detroit-area drug trafficker known as "White Boy Rick" who has spent nearly 30 years in prison could soon be released after a judge ordered a resentencing Friday.
- Jury gets case of Michigan teen who killed boy on playground Updated: Sep-04-15 10:02 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A jury in western Michigan has the case in the murder trial of a 13-year-old boy who fatally stabbed a younger boy at a playground.
- Frozen meat, chain saw taken during Michigan break-in Updated: Sep-04-15 9:26 am
YPSILANTI TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities say frozen meat and a chain saw were the only things taken during a break-in a home in Michigan.
- Garden featuring plants used in medicine opens in Ann Arbor Updated: Sep-04-15 8:49 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - A newly developed medicinal garden is open for self-guided tours at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
- Flint plans measures to reduce lead in drinking water Updated: Sep-04-15 8:43 am
FLINT, Michigan - Flint says it will put measures in place to reduce lead in drinking water by 2016.
- University Musical Society, professor getting arts honor Updated: Sep-04-15 7:43 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - The University Musical Society of the University of Michigan and professor emeritus George Shirley are being honored with the National Medal of Arts.
- Some freighters can't deliver cargo after riverbank collapse Updated: Sep-04-15 6:32 am
DETROIT - Officials say some freighters can't deliver cargo after a bank on the Rouge River collapsed and blocked part of the waterway in Detroit.
- Authorities: 2 of 4 teens caught after halfway house escape Updated: Sep-04-15 6:17 am
DETROIT - Authorities say two of four teens who escaped last month from a halfway house on Detroit's east side have been captured.
- Man reports collection of swords, knives stolen in Flint Updated: Sep-04-15 5:25 am
FLINT, Michigan - A man says his collection of swords and knives was stolen from his home in Flint.
- Work to do for Michigan at quarterback, Utah feeling better Updated: Sep-04-15 4:21 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Michigan brought back its former star quarterback Jim Harbaugh to resurrect the program and hopefully improve the position he used to play. The nation found out there's work to be done in Ann Arbor after the Wolverines lost 24-17 to Utah on Thursday night.
- Lawn tennis club in Pontiac, hosts national tourney Updated: Sep-04-15 4:14 am
PONTIAC, Michigan - The Wessen Tennis Club, like the land of Oz, is awash in emerald green. With 24 grass courts, meticulously groomed and framed by plantings of white petunias, a glittering Olympic pool and elegantly casual clubhouse, the place is also a fantasy land, plunked improbably a few blocks from downtown Pontiac.
- Revamped Michigan Film Office's name changes Updated: Sep-04-15 4:04 am
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan Film Office's new name is the Michigan Film & Digital Media Office.
- After Harbaugh's debut, Michigan fans will need patience Updated: Sep-04-15 3:45 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Jim Harbaugh was first to greet Jake Rudock on the Michigan sideline after he threw the pick-6 that pretty much ended any hope the Wolverines had of winning the much-hyped debut of their much-hyped coach.
- Amusement park's sewage increase request gets pushback Updated: Sep-04-15 3:31 am
MUSKEGON, Michigan - A request by amusement park Michigan's Adventure to increase how much sewage it treats and releases into groundwater is getting pushback from neighbors and local government officials.
- Utah spoils Harbaugh's debut, beating Michigan 24-17 Updated: Sep-04-15 1:23 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Jim Harbaugh was swarmed by cameramen from the moment he stepped of the bus at Rice-Eccles Stadium. College football's newest rock star had finally arrived to play a game after eight months of hype.
- Royals' bats come alive in 15-7 blowout of struggling Tigers Updated: Sep-04-15 12:53 am
- Lions beat Bills 17-10 in preseason finale Updated: Sep-04-15 12:15 am
DETROIT - TJ Jones boosted his chances of staying in Detroit, turning a short pass into a 64-yard touchdown to help the Lions beat the Buffalo Bills 17-10 Thursday night.
- Oklahoma State rallies to beat Central Michigan 24-13 Updated: Sep-03-15 11:39 pm
MOUNT PLEASANT, Michigan - Mike Gundy told his Oklahoma State Cowboys that they weren't going to get an easy win Thursday night against Central Michigan.
- Rudock starts at quarterback for Michigan against Utah Updated: Sep-03-15 9:38 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Jake Rudock started for Michigan at quarterback against Utah on Thursday night.
- Remains of missing woman found; no foul play suspected Updated: Sep-03-15 8:59 pm
JACKSON, Michigan - Police believe they've found the body of a 57-year-old Jackson woman who's been missing for more than three weeks.
- Police: Woman finds body of slain son, 23, partially buried Updated: Sep-03-15 8:49 pm
DETROIT - Police say a woman found the body of her slain 23-year-old son partially buried in the backyard of a vacant home on Detroit's east side.
- Members of congressional delegation tour military sites Updated: Sep-03-15 8:11 pm
BATTLE CREEK, Michigan - Members of Michigan's congressional delegation are among those getting a close-up look at major military sites in the state.
- Man arrested in cemetery vandalism kicks out cop car window Updated: Sep-03-15 8:07 pm
MACOMB TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Police say a man suspected of knocking over roughly 30 headstones in a suburban Detroit cemetery kicked out a window in a patrol car after his arrest.