- Soldier to stand trial on Fort Bragg in Panama slaying Updated: May-29-15 6:56 am
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - A Fort Bragg soldier charged in the death of a Panamanian woman last year will face a court-martial on post this fall.
- Police: Sex offender who did school contract work charged Updated: May-28-15 4:53 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - A registered sex offender who did contract work at Fayetteville's Freedom Christian Academy has been charged with violating sex offender registry guidelines.
- Ellmers confident planes at Fort Bragg can be saved Updated: May-28-15 8:33 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - U.S. Rep. Renee Ellmers says that saving a transport plane unit based at Fort Bragg is her top priority and she is confident it can be done.
- City to pay for legal representation in wrongful death claim Updated: May-28-15 5:02 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - The city of Fayetteville will pay for legal representation in a wrongful death lawsuit filed against the police department.
- Fort Bragg-based soldier from Florida dies in Afghanistan Updated: May-26-15 7:37 am
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - A Fort Bragg-based Special Forces soldier from Florida has died in Afghanistan.
- Doctors learn lessons from deadly North Carolina flu season Updated: May-24-15 11:17 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Doctors in North Carolina learned an important lesson after last year's flu vaccine wasn't as effective as usual - in times like that, secondary treatments like antiviral medications are even more important.
- Police catch pair wanted in death of toddler in Colorado Updated: May-21-15 12:35 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - A North Carolina woman and her fiance wanted in connection with the death of her 18-month-old daughter are in jail in Colorado.
- Army weighs if ex-Green Beret hero should be dismissed Updated: May-16-15 10:52 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - An Army officer stripped of a medal for heroism under fire and his right to call himself a Green Beret is fighting for his military career after accusations he tracked down and killed a suspected bomb-maker in Afghanistan.
- After more than 2 years, major Fayetteville artery reopens Updated: May-16-15 9:53 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Drivers in Fayetteville no longer have to take a detour many had been forced to follow for more than two years.
- Military museum opens exhibit that simulates combat Updated: May-16-15 6:16 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - A military museum in Fayetteville is ready to open its newest attraction, an interactive exhibit that simulates combat from D-Day over Normandy to a boat ride in Iraq.
- ER waits prompt NC hospital to have patients seek other care Updated: May-14-15 10:01 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Long waiting times for emergency care at Cape Fear Valley Medical Center in Fayetteville have the hospital recommending patients seek care elsewhere if possible.
- Fayetteville State University sells campus radio station Updated: May-14-15 4:53 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Fayetteville State University has agreed to sell its 100,000-watt campus public radio station to WUNC Public Radio for $1.75 million.
- Police: Man shot after argument over yard work Updated: May-13-15 7:13 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - A Fayetteville man is in the hospital after an argument with his stepfather over lawn maintenance led to a shooting.
- Former Fayetteville doctor survives 2nd Nepal earthquake Updated: May-13-15 5:50 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - A former Fayetteville doctor working in Nepal when the second deadly earthquake rattled the country Tuesday survived.
- School evacuated after construction crew severs gas line Updated: May-12-15 4:51 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Authorities say nearly 600 students were evacuated from a Fayetteville Christian school when a construction crew severed a gas line.
- Fayetteville police arrest suspect in soldier's death Updated: May-12-15 7:49 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Police in Fayetteville have arrested a suspect in the shooting death of a Fort Bragg soldier last month.
- Man charged in 4-vehicle accident which killed woman in SUV Updated: May-10-15 3:56 pm
RAEFORD, North Carolina - The N.C. Highway Patrol has charged a man with misdemeanor death by vehicle following a four-car accident in which a woman in an SUV was killed as she waited at a stoplight.
- NC soldier charged with stealing 2 dogs, cutting throats Updated: May-07-15 9:40 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Authorities in North Carolina say they are pursuing felony charges against a Fort Bragg soldier who took two dogs from the home of their owner and slit their throats.
- NC soldier charged with taking owner's dogs, cutting throats Updated: May-07-15 6:08 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Authorities in Cumberland County say they are pursuing felony charges against a Fort Bragg soldier who took two dogs from the home of their owner and slit their throats.
- Wrongful death lawsuit filed in Fayetteville police shooting Updated: May-06-15 9:45 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - The family of a man shot and killed by Fayetteville police two years ago has filed a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Deputies look for info in cold cases near Fayetteville Updated: May-01-15 4:14 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Cumberland County deputies are going out into the community to try to get more information about two unsolved homicides.
- 82nd Airborne paratrooper dies during training operation Updated: Apr-30-15 8:19 pm
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - After the death of a second paratrooper this month, the Army has suspended Airborne training at Fort Bragg until units in the 18th Airborne Corps complete a refresher course at the Advanced Airborne School.