- Wrongful death lawsuit filed in Fayetteville police shooting Updated: May-06-15 9:45 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - The family of a man shot and killed by Fayetteville police two years ago has filed a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Deputies look for info in cold cases near Fayetteville Updated: May-01-15 4:14 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Cumberland County deputies are going out into the community to try to get more information about two unsolved homicides.
- 82nd Airborne paratrooper dies during training operation Updated: Apr-30-15 8:19 pm
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - After the death of a second paratrooper this month, the Army has suspended Airborne training at Fort Bragg until units in the 18th Airborne Corps complete a refresher course at the Advanced Airborne School.
- 2 charged with kidnapping, running down woman Updated: Apr-27-15 2:16 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Sheriff's deputies in Cumberland County have charged two men with kidnapping, assaulting and running over a woman in an incident earlier this month.
- 82nd Airborne holds change of responsibility ceremony Updated: Apr-27-15 4:05 am
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - The 82nd Airborne Division is holding a change of responsibility ceremony for a new command sergeant major.
- Fort Bragg boot display to honor fallen service members Updated: Apr-23-15 9:01 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Boots on the ground next month at Fort Bragg will honor the nation's 7,500 service members who have died since the 9/11 terror attacks.
- 3 empty homes in same Fayetteville neighborhood burning Updated: Apr-21-15 7:40 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Firefighters are working on blazes at three empty homes in the same neighborhood in Fayetteville.
- Cumberland County considers fining owners of dogs who bite Updated: Apr-21-15 7:16 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Cumberland County commissioners are considering an ordinance to fine the owners of dogs who bite someone and causes them to need medical attention.
- Weekend shooting claims life of Fayetteville man Updated: Apr-20-15 9:05 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Authorities are investigating the weekend shooting death of a Fayetteville man.
- Animal control head proposes fines for owners of biting dogs Updated: Apr-17-15 4:10 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - The director of Cumberland County Animal Control is proposing a $500 fine for owners of dogs that bite, saying there's increasing fear among residents about being attacked.
- Air Force still plans to eliminate planes at Fort Bragg Updated: Apr-15-15 12:00 pm
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - A report to Congress shows the Air Force still plans to shut down a unit that flies transport planes based at Fort Bragg.
- Approximately 50 paratroopers hurt during airborne operation Updated: Apr-14-15 10:34 pm
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - Approximately 50 Fort Bragg paratroopers were taken to the hospital for observation following an airborne operation.
- Duke Energy gets delay in sentencing for coal ash crimes Updated: Apr-14-15 5:05 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Duke Energy received a delay Tuesday in pleading guilty to environmental crimes after the company raised the specter that bureaucratic red tape could result in power being cut to military bases across North Carolina.
- Cumberland County deputy fired for selling ammunition Updated: Apr-10-15 3:56 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - A Cumberland County sheriff's deputy has been fired after an internal audit showed he had misappropriated and sold ammunition.
- Police say soldier dies after shots fired into home Updated: Apr-10-15 2:53 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Police in Fayetteville say a Fort Bragg soldier is dead after someone fired gunshots into a house.
- Fort Bragg panel to decide if Green Beret stays in Army Updated: Apr-09-15 11:25 am
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - A former Green Beret officer has been stripped of a heroism medal and faces a panel of officers who can toss him out of the Army.