- Woman accused of trying to smother 5-month-old son at motel Updated: Oct-06-15 5:25 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Police in Fayetteville have charged a woman with attempted first-degree murder after investigators say she was found trying to smother her 5-month-old son with a pillow at an extended-stay hotel.
- Police: Handcuffed man drives off in patrol car, crashes Updated: Oct-03-15 11:05 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - A Fayetteville man has been charged after police say he managed to steal a patrol car, while handcuffed, before crashing it.
- Army: Parachutist death at Chicago air show was accidental Updated: Oct-02-15 4:30 pm
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - Officials have concluded that the death of a member of the Army's elite parachute team during a Chicago air show was accidental, and performances are resuming.
- Prosecutors: 4 sentenced in Afghan fuel theft bribery scheme Updated: Sep-30-15 4:13 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - One current and three former U.S. Army soldiers have been sentenced for their involvement in a bribery scheme in Afghanistan that resulted in the theft of more than $10 million worth of fuel, federal prosecutors announced.
- Report: Negligence led to paratrooper's death during jump Updated: Sep-27-15 12:04 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Negligence by a jump master led to the broken neck and death of a 21-year-old paratrooper from New York who became tangled in another jumper's lines during a 2014 training jump, according to an Army report on the investigation of the death.
- Report: Negligence led to paratrooper's death during jump Updated: Sep-27-15 10:46 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - A report from Army investigators has determined a 21-year-old paratrooper from New York died during a 2014 jump from a broken neck after becoming tangled in the next jumper's lines.
- Man wanted in Fayetteville homicide arrested in Lumberton Updated: Sep-26-15 9:56 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - A man wanted in connection with a slaying in Fayetteville has been arrested in Lumberton.
- Sexting case highlights quandary over child pornography laws Updated: Sep-24-15 4:20 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - When authorities discovered that a high school couple had sent each other nude selfies, the two 16-year-olds were plunged into a legal morass with the potential to be branded as sex offenders for decades.
- Fayetteville police receive $530K grant for body cameras Updated: Sep-23-15 4:50 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - The Fayetteville Police Department has announced that it has been awarded a federal grant of $530,000 to provide body cameras to police officers.
- In the weeds: Fort Bragg forced to cut back on mowing grass Updated: Sep-22-15 4:46 am
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - Fort Bragg officials say budget constraints have forced them to cut back on mowing thousands of acres of land, causing it to be overgrown.
- Police: More than 300 rape kits destroyed in North Carolina Updated: Sep-21-15 7:26 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - A North Carolina police department says an audit by the department shows that more than 300 rape kits from cold cases were destroyed to make more space in the evidence room.
- Fayetteville police: More than 300 rape kits destroyed Updated: Sep-21-15 5:26 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Police in Fayetteville say an audit by the department showed that more than 300 rape kits from cold cases were destroyed to make more space in its evidence room.
- Person shot to death in Fayetteville Updated: Sep-21-15 8:17 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Police are investigating a shooting death in Fayetteville.
- Nearly 5,000 gallons of sewage spilled near Hope Mills Updated: Sep-18-15 7:57 am
HOPE MILLS, North Carolina - Utility officials say an equipment malfunction caused a sewage spill into a creek outside Hope Mills.
- New off-base Army media clinic opened in Fayetteville area Updated: Sep-16-15 8:52 am
SPOUT SPRINGS, North Carolina - A new medical clinic to serve soldiers and their families at Fort Bragg has opened outside the post.