- Anaheim Ducks hold off Stars 4-3 in series opener Updated: Apr-17-14 2:01 am
- Astros' George Springer to make debut Updated: Apr-17-14 1:48 am
- Homer by Moustakas lifts Royals over Astros 6-4 Updated: Apr-17-14 1:29 am
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast Updated: Apr-17-14 1:17 am
- Cruz makes just 2nd border visit as US senator Updated: Apr-17-14 1:08 am
- Mariners falter in 9th, lose 3-2 in Texas Updated: Apr-17-14 12:41 am
- Rangers rally for 2 in 9th to beat Mariners 3-2 Updated: Apr-17-14 12:23 am
- Grizzlies grab 7th seed, beat Dallas 106-105 in OT Updated: Apr-17-14 12:21 am
- Hill leads Lakers over Spurs in finale, 113-100 Updated: Apr-16-14 11:44 pm
- Man executed for killing 3 members of Texas family Updated: Apr-16-14 9:09 pm
- Rangers' Saunders cuts short bullpen session Updated: Apr-16-14 7:29 pm
- IndyCar drivers calmer after Long Beach tempers Updated: Apr-16-14 6:39 pm
- Houston health care enrollment exceeds forecast Updated: Apr-16-14 5:26 pm
- State awards $4.8M to West recovery efforts Updated: Apr-16-14 4:56 pm
- Victims in Texas blast choose closure over answers Updated: Apr-16-14 3:51 pm
- Davis has successful neck surgery, campaign says Updated: Apr-16-14 3:41 pm
- CEO of regional carrier PSA Airlines to retire Updated: Apr-16-14 2:36 pm
- Vanderbilt adds Roberson to signing class Updated: Apr-16-14 1:50 pm
- Condemned Dallas killer gets go-ahead for appeal Updated: Apr-16-14 12:46 pm
- Teen emerges from painful childhood, honored Updated: Apr-16-14 12:44 pm
- Paul McCartney plans June performance in Lubbock Updated: Apr-16-14 12:39 pm
- Shelf life of props an ongoing theater debate Updated: Apr-16-14 12:22 pm
- Sen. Cruz raises $890,000 in year's 1st quarter Updated: Apr-16-14 11:22 am
- Crews to assess damage to rig struck by large wave Updated: Apr-16-14 9:52 am
- East Texas man killed at home week before trial Updated: Apr-16-14 7:31 am
ANAHEIM, California - Ryan Getzlaf spent the final seconds of the Anaheim Ducks' playoff opener in the dressing room with a large ice bag pressed to a nasty cut on his left cheek.
HOUSTON - George Springer got his first game with the Houston Astros out of the way on Wednesday night.
HOUSTON - Mike Moustakas has been mired in such a tough start to the season he joked that he tried to do a little something extra to make sure the ball he hit in the 11th inning would carry out of Minute Maid Park.
WEST, Texas - As word spread of a spiraling fire at this Texas town's fertilizer plant, volunteers raced to protect families and elderly residents who lived nearby. Then came the deafening explosion.
HARLINGEN, Texas - U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz is making just his second visit to the 1,200-mile Texas-Mexico border since taking office nearly 16 months ago.
ARLINGTON, Texas - The ace pitchers were out of the game, and the Seattle Mariners had the lead with two outs in the ninth inning.
ARLINGTON, Texas - Texas center fielder Leonys Martin wound up being the star of a battle of top pitchers.
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The Memphis Grizzlies had every reason to ease up in the regular season finale after pushing hard the past three months to reach the postseason.
HUNTSVILLE, Texas - A man convicted of fatally stabbing his ex-girlfriend, her young son and her mother 13 years ago at a home in Corpus Christi was executed by Texas prison officials Wednesday.
ARLINGTON, Texas - Texas Rangers left-hander Joe Saunders cut short a bullpen session Wednesday because of pain in his left ankle.
FORT WORTH, Texas - Tony Kanaan got a text of apology from Ryan Hunter-Reay. Will Power tried to apologize in person to Simon Pagenaud.
HOUSTON - More than 177,000 Houston residents have signed up for health insurance through the federal marketplace, far exceeding expectations for the city.
WEST, Texas - State officials say an additional $4.8 million in disaster assistance will be provided to the Central Texas community of West as it continues to rebuild from the devastating fertilizer plant explosion last year that killed 15.
WEST, Texas - Families of the 15 people killed in a massive explosion at a Texas fertilizer plant have spent the year since the blast navigating the difficult balance between moving forward and digging for answers from the past.
AUSTIN, Texas - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis' campaign says she has undergone successful neck surgery to relieve pain in her shoulder and right arm.
FORT WORTH, Texas - PSA Airlines, which operates regional flights for US Airways, says that its CEO and president will retire and be replaced by the president of US Airways Express.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Vanderbilt has added 6-foot-7 forward Jeff Roberson to its recruiting class.
HOUSTON - A federal appeals court is allowing the convicted killer of an off-duty Dallas police officer to move forward with an appeal that contends his trial attorneys failed to provide evidence of a troubled childhood that could have swayed jurors from sending him to death row.
CHELSEA, Alabama - Maygen Boaz-Jeffords remembers her first run-in with the law. She was 7 years old.
LUBBOCK, Texas - Lubbock and Texas Tech University officials have announced that Paul McCartney will perform in the West Texas city June 14.
SAN ANTONIO - A few years ago, Dave Morgan got a call from someone asking if he'd be interested in an assortment of oversize fake fruits and veggies. "I said, 'Of course.' Why wouldn't I?" said Morgan, artistic coordinator for Magik Theatre in San Antonio. He was pretty sure he'd find a use for it. And he was right. An enormous strawberry and a giant banana both factored into Morgan's elaborate set for last fall's staging of "Willy Wonka." The giant carrot, however, has yet to strut and fret its hour upon the stage. That's show biz. Live theater - which, in San Antonio, includes Magik, Overtime Theater, The Playhouse San Antonio and Sheldon Vexler Theatre, among others - frequently requires all sorts of odd and everyday items to make shows come to life. So theater companies' storage areas tend to be bursting at the seams with all sorts of stuff.
AUSTIN, Texas - U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz raised nearly $890,000 in the year's first quarter - about half what poured in following his helping lead last fall's partial government shutdown.
GALVESTON, Texas - The owner of an offshore drilling rig is waiting for weather off the Texas coast to improve to assess damage to the rig after it was struck by a large storm wave.
HALLSVILLE, Texas - Police in East Texas are investigating the shooting death of a man one week before he was to go on trial for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.