- Adi and Melano score, Timbers tie FC Dallas 2-2 to advance Updated: Nov-29-15 7:35 pm
- No. 25 SMU beats Brown 77-69 to remain undefeated Updated: Nov-29-15 7:21 pm
UNIVERSITY PARK, Texas - Missing its top two scorers, newly ranked SMU needed a spark from Keith Frazier to survive an early non-conference test.
- Heat check: Coaching carousel turns into roller coaster Updated: Nov-29-15 6:40 pm
This coaching carousel is more like a roller coaster and this weekend there was enough action to make those trying to keep up dizzy.
- No. 4 Lady Vols lose 64-53 to No. 8 Texas, ending streak Updated: Nov-29-15 6:31 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee flirted with danger long enough to eventually pay the price.
- Brees' TD streak snapped at 45 as Texans beat Saints 24-6 Updated: Nov-29-15 6:29 pm
HOUSTON - Since coach Sean Payton took over in 2006, the New Orleans Saints had scored a touchdown in every game.
- Texans top Saints 24-6 for 4th consecutive win Updated: Nov-29-15 6:09 pm
HOUSTON - For the first time in a decade, the New Orleans Saints finished a game without scoring a touchdown.
- San Antonio looks to spend $21 million to lure pro soccer Updated: Nov-29-15 6:06 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Officials in San Antonio have acknowledged their plan to spend $21 million to buy a soccer stadium comes with no guarantees they will be able to lure a franchise from Major League Soccer.
- Nick Foles throws 3 INTs, slumping Rams fall to Bengals 31-7 Updated: Nov-29-15 5:52 pm
CINCINNATI - The Rams switched quarterbacks again, but nothing else changed.
- Storm lingering in southern Plains; more flooding possible Updated: Nov-29-15 5:52 pm
DALLAS - A deadly storm that has caused flooding and coated parts of the southern Plains in ice during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend dumped more rain on already swollen rivers in parts of North Texas and Arkansas on Sunday and made driving dangerous in parts of Oklahoma.
- Bland helps UC Riverside pull away to beat Lamar 74-69 Updated: Nov-29-15 5:41 pm
BEAUMONT, Texas - Jaylen Bland scored 10 of his 25 points in the final six minutes to help UC Riverside pull away and beat Lamar 74-69 on Sunday.
- Andy Dalton's 3 TD passes lead Bengals over Rams 31-7 Updated: Nov-29-15 5:11 pm
CINCINNATI - As the touchdown passes and interceptions piled up, it felt like a throwback game for the Bengals.
- Higgs helps No. 8 Texas defeat No. 4 Lady Vols 64-53 Updated: Nov-29-15 4:54 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Lashann Higgs scored 18 points and led an efficient 3-point attack Sunday as the eighth-ranked Longhorns defeated No. 4 Tennessee 64-53 to remain unbeaten.
- Ethics panel studies donors financing Texas AG's defense Updated: Nov-29-15 4:40 pm
HOUSTON - The Texas Ethics Commission is suggesting in a draft opinion that Attorney General Ken Paxton could use out-of-state donors to finance his defense in a felony securities fraud case.
- Suicides, attempted suicides up in Texas prisons Updated: Nov-29-15 2:10 pm
LOVELADY, Texas - Suicides in Texas prisons have risen between the last seven full years, a trend that troubles advocates for prison reform.
- LSU says Les Miles to stay; Tigers beat Texas A&M 19-7 Updated: Nov-29-15 10:27 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Les Miles rode across the Tiger Stadium field on the shoulders of his players while fans chanted his name.
- Waco judges consider fines for jury summons scofflaws Updated: Nov-29-15 8:50 am
WACO, Texas - Didn't show up for jury duty? A few judges are talking tough about fines or follow-up orders demanding an explanation.
- 12 hospitalized after gas leak in Houston apartments Updated: Nov-29-15 8:40 am
HOUSTON - A dozen people in southwest Houston are hospitalized after carbon monoxide leaked into their apartments.
- Mavericks score first 16 points of second half, beat Nuggets Updated: Nov-29-15 12:48 am
DALLAS - The Dallas Mavericks could point to the best defensive quarter in the team's 36-year history for ending a three-game losing streak.
- Hawkinson returns, leads WSU to 77-65 win over Tigers Updated: Nov-29-15 12:29 am
PULLMAN, Washington - Temperatures dropped well below freezing Saturday night in Pullman, but the coldest folks in town were playing basketball inside the toasty Beasley Coliseum.
- Leonard scores 22, Spurs shut down Hawks for 5th straight Updated: Nov-29-15 12:25 am
SAN ANTONIO - Atlanta Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer knows what to expect from San Antonio after spending 19 seasons working in the Spurs organization.
- Seguin scores in OT and Stars beat Wild 4-3 Updated: Nov-28-15 11:59 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Coach Lindy Ruff wanted his Dallas Stars to score one goal in the first 5 minutes of the third period on Saturday night.
- Southern Illinois beats Portland 80-79 Updated: Nov-28-15 10:36 pm
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - Anthony Beane and Sean O'Brien each scored 18 points, Armon Fletcher hit the winning shot, and Southern Illinois beat Portland 80-79 on Saturday night at the Corpus Christi Coastal Classic.
- UTEP with 99-90 win over Colorado St. in 2OT Updated: Nov-28-15 10:21 pm
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - Lee Moore and Earvin Morris scored 28 points apiece as UTEP remained undefeated, beating Colorado State 99-90 in double overtime in the Corpus Christi Coastal Classic on Saturday.
- Gray Jr. has 22, leads Houston past Louisiana-Monroe 76-64 Updated: Nov-28-15 10:12 pm
HOUSTON - Rob Gray Jr. had a career-high 22 points and LeRon Barnes added 15 with 11 rebounds as Houston had a strong second half to beat Louisiana Monroe 76-64 on Saturday night.
- Penny TD lifts Idaho past Texas St. in season finale, 38-31 Updated: Nov-28-15 9:36 pm
MOSCOW, Idaho - Elijhaa Penny scored from 4 yards out with 1:02 left to lift Idaho to a 38-31 victory over Texas State in the Vandals season finale Saturday night.