- 4 workers hurt in Corpus Christi gas plant fire Updated: Mar-12-14 9:08 am
- Energy XXI buying EPL Oil & Gas for about $1.53B Updated: Mar-12-14 8:19 am
- Texas Panhandle park reopens following wildfire Updated: Mar-12-14 8:10 am
- Man, wife, his son charged in Texas drug ring Updated: Mar-12-14 7:47 am
- $600K taken from safe at Osteen's megachurch Updated: Mar-12-14 7:34 am
- Tuition going up for Texas Tech System students Updated: Mar-12-14 7:20 am
- Some children at Houston-area swim school get sick Updated: Mar-12-14 6:59 am
- Ware, Peppers released as NFL free agency opens Updated: Mar-12-14 2:13 am
- ECU tops UTSA 79-76 in C-USA tourney's first round Updated: Mar-12-14 12:59 am
- Peverley hospitalized, teammates win at St. Louis Updated: Mar-12-14 12:24 am
- 49ers agree with S Bethea to replace Whitner Updated: Mar-12-14 12:17 am
- Benn scores OT winner, Stars beat Blues Updated: Mar-12-14 12:06 am
- Ginobili leads Spurs past Bulls 104-96 Updated: Mar-12-14 12:00 am
- Prairie View tops MVSU 79-63 in SWAC tourney Updated: Mar-11-14 11:57 pm
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder past Rockets Updated: Mar-11-14 11:15 pm
- Marshall gets past Florida Atlantic 63-59 Updated: Mar-11-14 10:56 pm
- Cold snap knocks Texas electric generators offline Updated: Mar-11-14 9:25 pm
- N. Texas edges Rice in C-USA tournament, 63-62 OT Updated: Mar-11-14 8:26 pm
- NHL GMs react to Peverley heart problem Updated: Mar-11-14 8:08 pm
- Nearly 300,000 Texans get new health insurance Updated: Mar-11-14 7:34 pm
- At tech fest: 3D printers, bitcoin and 'Titanfall' Updated: Mar-11-14 7:07 pm
- Family of slain Texas teen offers forgiveness Updated: Mar-11-14 6:39 pm
- Cowboys release franchise sacks leader Ware Updated: Mar-11-14 6:24 pm
- Oklahoma St.-Texas Tech to meet in Big 12 tourney Updated: Mar-11-14 5:41 pm
- Texas schools balk at state calculator requirement Updated: Mar-11-14 5:33 pm
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - Four contract workers have suffered burns in a flash fire at an Enterprise Products Partners LP natural gas processing plant in South Texas.
HOUSTON - Energy XXI is buying EPL Oil & Gas Inc. for about $1.53 billion in a deal that the companies say will create the biggest publicly-owned independent oil producer on the Gulf of Mexico shelf.
CANYON, Texas - A state park in the Texas Panhandle will reopen following a wildfire that scorched about 15 acres and closed the site for a day.
WACO, Texas - A Central Texas man, his wife and his 26-year-old son have been charged in a drug and money laundering case linked to California.
HOUSTON - Authorities are investigating after $600,000 in checks and cash was stolen from a safe at Pastor Joel Osteen's Houston megachurch, which has one of the largest congregations in the country.
LUBBOCK, Texas - Regents of the Texas Tech University System have approved a nearly 4 percent tuition hike for the 2014-2015 academic year.
SPRING, Texas - At least nine children at a Houston-area swim school have been treated for breathing trouble after a possible chlorine problem.
A couple of accomplished NFL pass rushers suddenly became available when DeMarcus Ware and Julius Peppers were released to create room under the salary cap in two of the biggest moves at Tuesday's start of the free-agency signing period.
EL PASO, Texas - Akeem Richmond scored 36 points, including a school-record 11 3-pointers, as 12th-seeded East Carolina beat No. 13 seed Texas-San Antonio 79-76 in the first round of the Conference USA tournament on Tuesday night.
ST. LOUIS - Stars forward Rich Peverley remained hospitalized Tuesday in Dallas, undergoing heart tests after collapsing on the bench during a game that was postponed a night earlier.
SAN FRANCISCO - As hard-hitting safety Donte Whitner headed out of the Bay Area for his hometown of Cleveland, the San Francisco 49ers wasted little time finding someone to fill his position.
ST. LOUIS - After the morning skate, captain Jamie Benn vowed that the Dallas Stars would play to honor ill teammate Rich Peverley.
HOUSTON - Demondre Chapman came off the bench to score 17 points and block four shots as No. 8 seed Prairie View A&M beat ninth-seeded Mississippi Valley State 79-63 in the first round of the Southwestern Athletic Conference tournament on Tuesday night.
EL PASO, Texas - Chris Thomas scored 21 points and grabbed seven rebounds as No. 14 seed Marshall topped 11th-seeded Florida Atlantic 63-59 in a first round game of the Conference USA tournament Tuesday night.
AUSTIN, Texas - January's polar vortex knocked several important coal-fired electricity plants in Texas offline, and the Sierra Club on Tuesday said the loss of power shows the state needs more wind turbines and energy conservation programs to avoid possible rolling blackouts.
EL PASO, Texas - Chris Jones made two free throws to push the game into overtime and won it with two more as No. 10 seed North Texas edged 15th-seeded Rice in the first round of the Conference-USA tournament Tuesday.
BOCA RATON, Florida - The health condition of Dallas forward Rich Peverley was on the minds of NHL general managers one day after his collapse forced the postponement of the Stars' game against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
HOUSTON - Fewer than 90,000 Texans bought health insurance through the new federally subsidized marketplace in the past month, leaving navigators, assisters and other officials working to enroll people with a hefty task as they near the March 31 deadline for open enrollment.
AUSTIN, Texas - Bitcoin, 3-D printed candy and George Takei, the Star Trek-actor-turned-Facebook-phenomenon, are among the attractions this week at the South By Southwest festival in Austin, Texas, where the geek set is slowly filing out to make room for hordes of musicians descending on the city.
WYLIE, Texas - The parents of a 17-year-old North Texas teen say they've forgiven anyone responsible for killing him.
IRVING, Texas - The Dallas Cowboys are moving on without franchise sacks leader DeMarcus Ware.
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma State is set to take on Texas Tech in the first round of the Big 12 Conference basketball tournament in Kansas City, Missouri
AUSTIN, Texas - School district officials across Texas say efforts to equip students with new technology are being impeded by a state directive that they must purchase costly calculators for eighth-graders.