- Sumlin signs 6-year deal with Aggies Updated: Dec-12-13 11:17 pm
- American Airlines orders 90 regional jets Updated: Dec-12-13 11:16 pm
- Sentence in Texas teen's fatal DWI wreck stirs ire Updated: Dec-12-13 10:46 pm
- Pope names Austin priest as new San Angelo bishop Updated: Dec-12-13 10:44 pm
- Correction: Texas Execution-Appeal story Updated: Dec-12-13 9:59 pm
- Fawcett bling, Gene Kelly suit sell at auction Updated: Dec-12-13 9:44 pm
- TCU hires UH's offensive coordinator for same job Updated: Dec-12-13 8:06 pm
- O'Neal lawyers rest case over portrait by Warhol Updated: Dec-12-13 7:53 pm
- Family: Questions remain about student's death Updated: Dec-12-13 6:55 pm
- Texas' Brown mum on future amid speculation Updated: Dec-12-13 6:44 pm
- Univ. of Texas board keeps Austin campus president Updated: Dec-12-13 6:39 pm
- Houston Dash first expansion team in NWSL Updated: Dec-12-13 6:27 pm
- Etihad Airways to launch Dallas flights next year Updated: Dec-12-13 5:56 pm
- Cowboys' defense a study in contradictions Updated: Dec-12-13 5:33 pm
- Tuesday Sports In Brief Updated: Dec-12-13 5:08 pm
- Country star Ray Price leaves hospital for hospice Updated: Dec-12-13 3:59 pm
- Federal data show health disparities among states Updated: Dec-12-13 2:43 pm
- Coloring book featuring Ted Cruz selling fast Updated: Dec-12-13 2:38 pm
- Remains found in search for missing Altus woman Updated: Dec-12-13 1:34 pm
- Meth investigations yields dozens of arrests Updated: Dec-12-13 12:48 pm
- Exercise helps women tolerate breast cancer drugs Updated: Dec-12-13 11:50 am
- Jury finds former investigator guilty in killing Updated: Dec-12-13 11:48 am
- 'UT Rio Grande Valley' name approved by regents Updated: Dec-12-13 11:28 am
- Watch: D.C. jabs, quotes of 2013 will make you wince Updated: Dec-12-13 10:49 am
- Another conviction in Laredo drug ring Updated: Dec-12-13 10:39 am
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin signed a six-year contract extension worth $5 million a year Thursday after the Texas A&M System Board of Regents unanimously approved the deal.
FORT WORTH, Texas - American Airlines, fresh out of bankruptcy and newly merged with US Airways, said Thursday that it will buy 90 new regional jets from Brazil's Embraer S.A. and Canada's Bombardier Inc. and use them to replace smaller, less fuel-efficient planes.
HOUSTON - "Affluenza," the affliction cited by a psychologist to argue that a North Texas teenager from a wealthy family should not be sent to prison for killing four pedestrians while driving drunk, is not a recognized diagnosis and should not be used to justify bad behavior, experts said Thursday.
SAN ANGELO, Texas - Pope Francis has named an Austin priest to serve as the next bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of San Angelo.
HOUSTON - In a story Dec. 11 about an appeals court overturning a capital murder conviction in Texas, The Associated Press, based on information from a Texas Department of Criminal Justice document, erroneously reported that Angel Galvan Rivera was convicted and condemned in the slayings of Iona Dikes and Julia Fleenor. He was convicted and condemned in the 1984 death of Jewell Williamson Haygood. He was suspected in the slayings of Dikes and Fleenor.
DALLAS - Farrah's bling has fetched far more than Gene's wool fling.
FORT WORTH, Texas - TCU has hired Houston offensive coordinator Doug Meacham for the same job with the Horned Frogs.
LOS ANGELES - Ryan O'Neal's attorneys on Thursday concluded their defense of the actor in a lawsuit aimed at making him relinquish an Andy Warhol portrait of Farrah Fawcett that he says he has owned since 1980.
BAYTOWN, Texas - Robert Cameron Redus was five months from graduating with a seemingly bright future ahead as he drove home from a night of celebrating the end of the semester at the University of the Incarnate Word in San Antonio.
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas coach Mack Brown declined to say Thursday whether the Alamo Bowl will be his final game, amid intense speculation following another disappointing season that began with the Longhorns talking about becoming national championship contenders again.
AUSTIN, Texas - University of Texas at Austin President Bill Powers received a cautious endorsement Thursday from his frustrated chancellor that keeps him leading one of the nation's largest campuses despite two years of turmoil.
HOUSTON - The National Women's Soccer League has announced the addition of its first expansion team - the Houston Dash.
DALLAS - Etihad Airways said Thursday that beginning in a year it will offer three round-trip flights per week between the United Arab Emirates and Dallas, making it the fifth U.S. city served by the Persian Gulf carrier.
IRVING, Texas - DeMarcus Ware intercepted the first pass of the season, one of six turnovers for a Dallas defense that also gave up 450 yards passing to Eli Manning and the New York Giants in the opener.
TYLER, Texas - Entering what his wife calls his "final days," country music star Ray Price is ending all aggressive treatment for his pancreatic cancer and left an East Texas hospital Thursday to begin receiving hospice care at home.
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Residents in some parts of the U.S. are signing up for health care coverage at a significantly greater rate than others through the new online insurance marketplaces now operating in every state.
AUSTIN, Texas - He's known for coloring outside the lines in the staid U.S. Senate. Now children large and small can color in U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz.
ALTUS, Oklahoma - Authorities await identification of remains found at an overgrown camp site in Kiowa County, but investigators said they're hopeful that they've found an Altus woman who went missing in 2001.
TEXARKANA, Texas - A judge in Texarkana has unsealed a federal indictment naming eight people accused of operating as part of a methamphetamine ring that distributed the drug in Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas and Tennessee.
SAN ANTONIO - Exercise might help women beat breast cancer. Researchers found it can ease the achy joints and muscle pain that lead many patients to quit taking medicines that treat the disease and lower the risk of a recurrence.
DENTON, Texas - A former federal investigator has been found guilty in North Texas of killing his girlfriend's estranged husband in 2010.
AUSTIN, Texas - Two recently merged University of Texas campuses along the southern border will be named the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley.
WASHINGTON - This is the slightly twisted time of year when we look back with fondness, horror, disbelief and no little amount of wincing to review what came out of the mouths of our politicians since January.
LAREDO, Texas - A federal jury in Laredo has convicted a South Texas man on four counts in relation to a drug trafficking organization that moved cocaine from the border to other parts of the U.S.