- Scalia's body at Texas funeral home after 3-hour procession Updated: Feb-14-16 2:20 pm
WASHINGTON - Antonin Scalia's body lay in a Texas funeral home Sunday and officials awaited word about whether they would need to perform an autopsy before the late Supreme Court justice could return home to Virginia. In the nation's capital, where flags flew at half-staff at the White House and Supreme Court, the political sniping soared, raising the prospect of a court short-handed for some time.
- The Latest: Bush: Senate court vote 'not important' to him Updated: Feb-14-16 2:13 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on developments following the death of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia (all times local):
- Feds seek borehole test for potential hot nuke waste burial Updated: Feb-14-16 1:21 pm
LUBBOCK, Texas - The federal government plans to spend $80 million assessing whether its hottest nuclear waste can be stored in 3-mile-deep holes, a project that could provide an alternative strategy to a Nevada repository plan that was halted in 2010.
- Former priest arrested in cold case known for compassion Updated: Feb-14-16 12:47 pm
PHOENIX - For nearly 20 years, John Feit was known around the St. Vincent de Paul nonprofit agency as one its most compassionate employees.
- No. 16 SMU snaps Gonzaga's 6-game streak with 69-60 win Updated: Feb-14-16 1:49 am
DALLAS - With his SMU team ineligible for the postseason, a February visit from Gonzaga figured to be the closest thing to an NCAA Tournament game Nic Moore could expect to experience this year.
- Seguin scores twice during big 2nd, Stars beat Capitals 4-3 Updated: Feb-14-16 12:53 am
DALLAS - A week has made a big difference for the Dallas Stars.
- No. 21 Baylor loses at home again, 84-66 to Texas Tech Updated: Feb-14-16 12:42 am
WACO, Texas - No. 21 Baylor is suddenly struggling at home in Big 12 Conference play.
- No. 24 Texas loses 85-75 at No. 14 Iowa State Updated: Feb-14-16 12:04 am
AMES, Iowa - Texas can still win the Big 12. But the Longhorns will need to close out their home schedule with a flourish for a chance to do it.
- Texas Southern beats Jackson State 76-60 Updated: Feb-13-16 11:49 pm
HOUSTON - Chris Thomas scored 26 points as Texas Southern beat Jackson State 76-60 on Saturday night.
- The Latest: Sanders criticizes GOP position on court nominee Updated: Feb-13-16 11:45 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the death of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia (all times EST):
- Texas Tech beats another Top 25 team, 84-66 at No. 21 Baylor Updated: Feb-13-16 11:33 pm
WACO, Texas - Tubby Smith's young players at Texas Tech are maturing and starting to win big games.
- No. 14 Iowa State beats No. 24 Texas 85-75 Updated: Feb-13-16 11:21 pm
AMES, Iowa - A big night from stars Georges Niang and Monte Morris - and a big lift from Jameel McKay off the bench - helped Iowa State get back on track.
- Texas-Arlington coasts to 91-60 win over Appalachian State Updated: Feb-13-16 10:56 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - Jalen Jones sank four 3-pointers and scored 18 points to lead Texas-Arlington to a 91-60 win over Appalachian State on Saturday night.
- Stephen F. Austin gets 11th straight win, beats Texas A&M-CC Updated: Feb-13-16 9:37 pm
NACOGDOCHES, Texas - Demetrious Floyd nailed six from long range and scored 22 points as Stephen F. Austin won its 11th straight Southland Conference game, knocking off Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 70-58 on Saturday night.
- Justice Antonin Scalia dead at 79 Updated: Feb-13-16 9:26 pm
WASHINGTON - Antonin Scalia, the influential conservative and most provocative member of the Supreme Court, has died, leaving the high court without its conservative majority and setting up an ideological confrontation over his successor in the maelstrom of a presidential election year. Scalia was 79.
- Florida International pulls away from UTSA 79-65 Updated: Feb-13-16 9:16 pm
MIAMI - Donte McGill scored 20 points, including 12 in the second half when Florida International pulled away from UTSA for a 79-65 victory Saturday night, snapping a five-game losing streak.
- No. 4 Baylor takes over in 2nd half, beats Texas Tech 66-36 Updated: Feb-13-16 8:42 pm
LUBBOCK, Texas - Baylor had something to prove after giving up 37 points in the fourth quarter to TCU earlier this week.
- Prairie View A&M comes back to beat Grambling St, 60-56 Updated: Feb-13-16 8:36 pm
PRAIRIE VIEW, Texas - Jayrn Johnson scored 17 points and Prairie View A&M rallied from a second half deficit to beat Grambling State 60-56 on Saturday night.
- Sam Houston State dominates Houston Baptist 80-68 Updated: Feb-13-16 8:11 pm
HUNTSVILLE, Texas - Aurimas Majauskas scored 20 points and dished out six assists as Sam Houston State dominated Houston Baptist 80-68 on Saturday night.
- Lloyd's late goal gives United States 1-0 win over Mexico Updated: Feb-13-16 8:07 pm
FRISCO, Texas - Carli Lloyd sent the U.S. women into the CONCACAF Olympic qualifying semifinals.
- Texas Western returns to scene of '66 NCAA win over Kentucky Updated: Feb-13-16 6:41 pm
COLLEGE PARK, Maryland - The University of Maryland will always be a magical place for members of the 1966 Texas Western basketball team.
- Charlotte hits century mark again, beats North Texas 103-79 Updated: Feb-13-16 6:39 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Braxton Ogbueze scored 19 points and Charlotte hit 14 3-pointers in taking a 103-79 victory over North Texas on Saturday.
- Dallas billionaire Perot, 85, dedicates museum at alma mater Updated: Feb-13-16 6:18 pm
TEXARKANA, Texas - Dallas billionaire Ross Perot (puh-ROH') has helped dedicate a museum in his name at the East Texas college he once attended.
- Texas research: Speed dating, video more often lead to love Updated: Feb-13-16 6:16 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Speed dating or video interaction is much more effective than photos in an online profile when someone's looking for love, some experts have concluded.
- Simmons, Quarterman lead LSU over No. 15 Texas A&M, 76-71 Updated: Feb-13-16 5:46 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Ben Simmons didn't have to shoot particularly well or throw down any flashy dunks to provide an invaluable, dynamic, wire-to-wire presence for LSU.