- Little Rock police investigate shooting as murder-suicide Updated: Aug-01-15 12:37 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Police in Little Rock say a shooting that left a man and a woman dead is being investigated as a murder-suicide.
- Arkansas education board may let lagging colleges keep funds Updated: Aug-01-15 12:22 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas' Higher Education Coordinating Board has adopted a plan for colleges and universities whose students aren't progressing toward graduation to keep state funds they are at risk of losing.
- Pipeline companies won't move line from Arkansas watershed Updated: Jul-31-15 7:08 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Two subsidiaries of ExxonMobil said in a court filing Friday that they won't move the Pegasus Pipeline from beneath the watershed where Central Arkansas gets most of its drinking water.
- Boozman: States need more flexibility in nutrition bill Updated: Jul-31-15 5:29 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - States need to be given more flexibility in how they administer child nutrition programs as the funding bill comes up for renewal this fall, U.S. Sen. John Boozman said Friday.
- Arkansas State Police investigate shooting of fugitive Updated: Jul-31-15 3:59 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas investigators say a man wanted for impersonating a police offer apparently shot himself as authorities were attempting to arrest him.
- Arkansas highway crews set I-40 work at NLR for next week Updated: Jul-31-15 12:30 pm
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Interstate 40 in North Little Rock will be closed at times overnight next week while workers take down an old bridge.
- Paperwork error foiled contract for Medicaid system Updated: Jul-31-15 12:08 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - An Arkansas Department of Human Services official said the agency didn't award a new contract to build the state's Medicaid eligibility and enrollment system due to a paperwork error.
- Woman dies in North Little Rock house fire Updated: Jul-31-15 11:01 am
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Fire officials say a North Little Rock woman died in a house fire when she re-entered the burning home.
- Groundbreaking ceremony held for new Arkansas veterans home Updated: Jul-30-15 2:17 pm
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Construction will soon begin on the anticipated $24 million state-run veterans home in North Little Rock after a groundbreaking ceremony was held this week.
- Work at Arkansas Children's Hospital to require lane closure Updated: Jul-30-15 3:08 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department says maintenance work at the Arkansas Children's Hospital will require lane closures on 8th Street in Little Rock.
- Arkansas Democrats consider renaming annual fundraiser Updated: Jul-29-15 1:17 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Democrats are weighing whether they should rename an annual fundraiser that's named after two former U.S. presidents whom historians say had owned hundreds of slaves.
- Arkansas guardsmen receive training on using guns Updated: Jul-29-15 12:33 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Hundreds of Arkansas National Guard soldiers are being trained this week on when they should use firearms, which some will now carry at Guard installations across the state.
- Arkansas highway commission approves bid for interchanges Updated: Jul-28-15 11:19 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas State Highway Commission has approved a $1.8 million bid for improvements to 25 interchanges on several highways in seven counties.
- Arkansas couple arrested after kids found in middle of road Updated: Jul-28-15 2:16 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A couple has been arrested after police say their two young children were found alone in the middle of a busy street in Little Rock.
- 3 teens in Arkansas slaying investigation being returned Updated: Jul-27-15 7:56 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Three teenagers sought for questioning in the fatal shooting of an Arkansas couple were on their way back to the state from Texas on Monday.
- Little Rock Zoo officials announce birth of chimpanzee Updated: Jul-27-15 12:52 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Little Rock Zoo has announced the birth of a chimpanzee.
- Police: Man impersonating police, robbing Little Rock homes Updated: Jul-24-15 2:40 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Authorities are searching for a man they say impersonated a police officer and robbed two homes in Little Rock.
- Justice: Court voted on narrow part of gay marriage case Updated: Jul-23-15 6:08 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas Supreme Court voted on a narrow part of the state's case over gay marriage last month but only planned on issuing that decision if the nation's highest court didn't legalize same-sex marriage, a justice said Thursday.
- Little Rock motorcycle officer injured in hit-and-run Updated: Jul-23-15 4:30 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Police in Little Rock say a motorcycle officer was injured when he was struck by a car in a hit-and-run crash.
- Police arrest ex-owner of North Little Rock photo archive Updated: Jul-23-15 4:03 pm
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The former owner of a North Little Rock archive that contained millions of photographs has been arrested for contempt of court.
- 16-year-old boy pleads not guilty in Little Rock slaying Updated: Jul-23-15 4:20 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A 16-year-old boy has pleaded not guilty in the fatal shooting of a 20-year-old man in Little Rock.
- Conway police investigating double homicide Updated: Jul-22-15 7:37 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Conway Police are investigating a double homicide after they found a man and a woman fatally shot behind a house Wednesday afternoon.
- State agency says regional hubs will give vets better access Updated: Jul-22-15 4:26 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The director of the Arkansas Department of Veterans Affairs said that opening regional offices will mean better access in the long term for veterans across the state, but he expects the transition won't be "smooth sailing."
- Repair work on Franklin County road likely to cost $1.8M Updated: Jul-22-15 4:23 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Highway officials likely will approve a North Little Rock company's $1.8 million low bid for repair work on a Franklin County road, according to a spokesman for the state transportation department.
- State police appeals ruling over traffic crash reports Updated: Jul-21-15 4:59 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas State Police agency has appealed a judge's ruling that found it had been redacting too much information from traffic crash reports it released to the general public.