- Metro Savannah police consider arming officers with rifles Updated: Nov-28-15 10:17 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Metro Savannah's police officers could soon be carrying rifles in a plan aimed at giving them more firepower when they encounter powerful weapons on the streets.
- Savannah church fire investigated as possible arson Updated: Nov-27-15 3:39 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Savannah fire officials say a blaze that damaged a church is being investigated as a possible arson.
- Man sentenced to life in prison for sex trafficking minors Updated: Nov-24-15 6:33 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - A federal judge has sentenced a Savannah man to life in prison for his role in forcing minors into prostitution
- South Carolina St closes with 52-29 win over Savannah St Updated: Nov-21-15 5:04 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Adrian Kollock threw two touchdown passes to Taquan West and South Carolina State scored two defensive touchdowns to end its season with a 52-29 win over Savannah State on Saturday.
- Savannah police marine patrol unit rescues boaters Updated: Nov-21-15 3:37 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Authorities say they rescued three boaters who ran into trouble as they tried to return to Savannah from a fishing trip.
- Despite Volkswagen loss, Georgia port planning for auto boom Updated: Nov-21-15 1:33 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Losing the business of a major automaker hasn't stopped the Georgia Ports Authority from racing ahead with a $12.7 million expansion of its lots used to store new cars and trucks being shipping through the Port of Brunswick.
- Boaters advised to watch for rare whales in Georgia Updated: Nov-20-15 4:34 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Wildlife officials are calling on boaters to give the rare right whale species plenty of room as they swim south along the East Coast to the waters off South Carolina, Georgia and Florida.
- Savannah State edges Arkansas State 76-75 Updated: Nov-18-15 9:32 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Troyce Manassa scored 19 points and Brian Pearson's two free throws late in the game made the difference as Savannah State edged Arkansas State 76-75 on Wednesday night.
- Martin hits game-winner; Savannah State beats Campbell 59-57 Updated: Nov-16-15 9:44 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Chris Martin scored a game-winning basket with 23 seconds left and Savannah State scored the final 13 points to rally past Campbell 59-57 on Monday night.
- Georgia ports officials see uptick in shipping cargo Updated: Nov-16-15 2:13 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Georgia Ports Authority officials say they've noted an uptick in the volume of goods being shipped from the state's ports.
- Georgia, South Carolina sign new agreement for shared port Updated: Nov-16-15 12:23 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - A proposed $4.5 billion port terminal to be shared by Georgia and South Carolina has reached a new milestone.
- Hampton ends season with 42-3 win over Savannah State Updated: Nov-14-15 4:20 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - David Watford threw for 263 yards and four touchdowns and Hampton finished its season with a 42-3 win over Savannah State on Saturday.
- Savannah State beats Florida National 87-69 Updated: Nov-13-15 10:42 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Brian Pearson had 20 rebounds and 11 points, and Savannah State defeated Florida National 87-69 on Friday night.
- Tybee Island considers limiting open air alcohol consumption Updated: Nov-13-15 3:32 pm
TYBEE ISLAND, Georgia - Tybee Island officials and a crowd control task force have discussed a recent recommendation to curb open-air alcohol consumption to regulate crowds, traffic and public safety.
- Florida woman charged months after fatal Georgia hit-and-run Updated: Nov-10-15 4:03 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Ten months after a hit-and-run collision killed a 72-year-old man outside a Savannah hotel, a tipster led investigators to a Florida woman who confessed to the crime, police said Tuesday.
- Tiny sea turtle used to spread message about beach litter Updated: Nov-08-15 11:26 am
TYBEE ISLAND, Georgia - Ike Jr., a tiny loggerhead sea turtle that's just 6 weeks old, is the newest addition to the Tybee Island Marine Science Center, the facility announced recently.
- Officials: Runner at Rock 'n' Roll Marathon in Georgia dies Updated: Nov-07-15 5:52 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Officials say a male runner has died while taking part in a marathon event in south Georgia.
- Ex-deputy gets 1 month confinement in Georgia jail death Updated: Nov-06-15 6:02 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - A former Georgia sheriff's deputy convicted for using a Taser to repeatedly shock a restrained detainee who later died in a cell was sentenced Friday to spend a month behind bars and will be allowed to serve the time on weekends.
- Escaped suspect in sheriff's death captured hiding in woods Updated: Nov-04-15 11:09 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Charged with murder in the car-chase death of a Georgia sheriff, Jim Edward Lowery used a jail transfer to stage a dramatic escape as he slipped free of his leg shackles, smashed a patrol car window and fled. When deputies recaptured him hours later in nearby woods, the fugitive prisoner tried to hide rather than put up a fight.
- Savannah mayor, challenger headed for Dec. 1 runoff Updated: Nov-04-15 7:09 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Savannah Mayor Edna Jackson and challenger Eddie DeLoach are headed for a runoff.
- 'Former Pan Am stewardesses share memories in Savannah Updated: Nov-01-15 9:01 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia - It's been called the golden age of flying - the decades between 1950 and 1980 when jet airplanes represented more than just a way to get from one faraway place to another. Mostly reserved for the well-heeled in those early days, international airline flight was glamorous and exciting, the flight itself as much a part of the experience as the destination.
- Missing boater sought in Savannah-area waters Updated: Oct-31-15 1:03 pm
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Emergency crews are searching for a boater who officials say fell into the Savannah River near the Fort Pulaski Bridge.