- Camden not getting federal grant that officials anticipated Updated: Oct-12-15 6:08 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - Less than two months after Camden's mayor and U.S. Sen. Bob Menendez visited a neighborhood to talk about how a $30 million infusion of federal money would pay for new homes, schools and park improvements the beleaguered city was denied the grant.
- Man gets 14-year term in scheme to illegally sell 22 guns Updated: Oct-11-15 2:38 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - A Camden man is headed to prison for his role in the sale of 22 guns that were obtained in South Carolina and sold in New Jersey.
- Ex-Boy Scouts leader sentenced to 20 years for child porn Updated: Oct-08-15 5:50 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - A former Boy Scouts leader who distributed child pornography over the Internet has been sentenced in New Jersey to 20 years in prison.
- Filipino national admits to smuggling $200K in firearms Updated: Oct-07-15 3:53 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - A Filipino national has admitted to running an operation that smuggled more than $200,000 worth of firearm parts out of the United States.
- Christie wears fleece for storm briefing but not THAT fleece Updated: Oct-02-15 3:55 pm
SEA ISLE CITY, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie wore a fleece jacket for a media briefing on this weekend's storms, but it wasn't THAT fleece.
- Jury acquits man of murder charge in 2011 bystander killing Updated: Sep-30-15 12:39 pm
A jury has acquitted a man on murder charges in the 2011 slaying of a bystander during a daytime shooting in Camden days after deep police layoffs there.
- Power restored after outage closes swath of Camden Updated: Sep-30-15 12:04 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - Power is back on in downtown Camden only after college classes were canceled and some government buildings were closed.
- Prosecutors: Man shot on Camden street dies from his wounds Updated: Sep-28-15 3:03 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - Authorities say a man found shot on a Camden street has died from his wounds.
- Authorities: Camden man shot dead inside his home Updated: Sep-28-15 3:29 am
CAMDEN, New Jersey - Authorities say a southern New Jersey man was shot dead inside his home.
- NJ commute focus turning to return from pope visit Updated: Sep-27-15 3:09 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - The transportation focus in New Jersey for Pope Francis' final day in Philadelphia will soon turn to getting back home. The pontiff was due to celebrate a large open air mass on Benjamin Franklin Parkway that will be attended by hundreds of thousands of people. Here's a quick guide:
- Developer plans $1B project in 1 of nation's poorest cities Updated: Sep-24-15 5:08 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - A developer that is remaking the Philadelphia skyline plans a $1 billion transformation of a 16-acre swath of the Camden waterfront, the latest in a series of projects spurred on by the promise of state tax incentives for companies that relocate to the city.
- OSHA fines New Jersey plant $308,000 for safety violations Updated: Sep-24-15 6:13 am
CAMDEN, New Jersey - Officials say a southern New Jersey aluminum services plant has been fined $308,000 from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration for dangerous workplace hazards.
- Death of man found in Camden County creek ruled a drowning Updated: Sep-23-15 4:20 pm
OAKLYN, New Jersey - Authorities say the death of a man found in a southern New Jersey creek this week does not appear to be suspicious.
- Church organist sentenced for sexual assaults of teen boys Updated: Sep-22-15 1:54 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - A longtime church organist who sexually assaulted several young boys has been sentenced to 20 years in state prison.
- $5.1M in funding awarded to 4 state law enforcement agencies Updated: Sep-22-15 3:18 am
CAMDEN, New Jersey - Officials say the Camden County Police Department has received a $2.1 million federal grant to hire more officers as part of a nationwide initiative.
- Man who sold heroin that caused overdose sentenced to jail Updated: Sep-18-15 3:16 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - A southern New Jersey man who admitted selling heroin to another man who later died from an overdose has been sentenced to more than seven years in jail.
- Camden County official indicted for role in April crash Updated: Sep-18-15 5:14 am
CAMDEN, New Jersey - Prosecutors say a longtime Camden County Improvement Authority official has been indicted on charges of assault by automobile for hitting a car with his county-owned vehicle while drunk.
- Russian pleads guilty in US to selling hacked credit cards Updated: Sep-16-15 5:24 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - A Russian man accused of selling some of the 160 million credit and debit card numbers obtained in a computer hacking scheme pleaded guilty on Wednesday.
- New type of public school becomes reality in Camden Updated: Sep-16-15 4:41 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - A new kind of public school is becoming reality in New Jersey's poorest city, despite the objection of a teachers union and other activists.
- Official: Travel from New Jersey for pope won't be that bad Updated: Sep-16-15 2:51 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - Getting from New Jersey to Philadelphia to see Pope Francis might not be as cumbersome as officials had warned.
- Russian man pleads guilty in US in major hacking scheme Updated: Sep-15-15 5:04 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - A Russian man pleaded guilty in the U.S. on Tuesday to a major role in a computer hacking scheme that authorities say involved stealing and selling 160 million credit and debit card numbers.
- Man gunned down in Camden Updated: Sep-14-15 10:25 am
CAMDEN, New Jersey - No arrests have been made in the fatal shooting of a man in Camden.