- Murder on Greenway leads police to increase security patrols Updated: May-05-15 12:52 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Police have increased their presence on Knoxville's Third Creek Greenway since a woman was murdered there Sunday.
- 5-year-old hit in Knoxville after getting off school bus Updated: May-01-15 5:47 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Officials say a 5-year-old girl has been hit by a vehicle in Knoxville as she crossed the street after getting off her school bus.
- Too much Mr. Nice Guy? Haslam struggles to exert influence Updated: Apr-30-15 6:14 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam was riding high. He swept all 95 counties in his re-election bid, then his peers picked him to be chairman of the Republican Governors Association.
- FBI says it is looking for 3 in kidnapping, robbery plot Updated: Apr-29-15 12:47 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Federal officials say they are looking for two men and a woman after the family of an East Tennessee bank employee was briefly kidnapped in an attempted extortion and robbery plot.
- Former Tennessee player Sawyers facing felony theft charge Updated: Apr-23-15 5:26 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Former Tennessee defensive lineman Michael Sawyers is facing a felony theft charge, a week after a similar charge against a current Volunteers player was dismissed.
- Haslam to decide this week on Tennessee guns-in-parks bill Updated: Apr-23-15 3:36 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Republican Gov. Bill Haslam said Thursday that he will decide this week whether to sign a bill to allow people with handgun carry permits to be armed in city parks near schools.
- Co-founder of Knoxville's Love Kitchen dies Updated: Apr-23-15 12:49 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Ellen Turner, who co-founded the nonprofit The Love Kitchen in Knoxville with her twin sister nearly 30 years ago, has died. She was 87.
- UT offering free online collection of Smokies photos, films Updated: Apr-23-15 6:16 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A collection of photos and home movies of the Smokies from the 1940s to 1960s is available online from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Libraries.
- Tennessee school voucher proposal fails again Updated: Apr-21-15 5:31 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A proposal that would let parents move a child from a failing public school in Tennessee to a private school with funding from the state has failed this year - for the third consecutive Tennessee General Assembly session.
- Tennessee lawmakers OK $33.8B annual state spending plan Updated: Apr-16-15 6:47 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - State lawmakers on Thursday approved Tennessee's $33.8 billion annual spending plan after rejecting Democrats' attempts to add a provision to authorize Medicaid expansion that had been twice defeated earlier in the year.
- Ex-FBI official: Agency is hiding evidence in anthrax case Updated: Apr-15-15 5:01 pm
A former director of the FBI's anthrax investigation says the agency is concealing evidence that casts doubt on its conclusion that Army scientist Bruce Ivins sent the anthrax-filled letters that killed five people and sickened 17 others in 2001.
- Tennessee editorial roundup Updated: Apr-15-15 4:59 pm
Recent editorials from Tennessee newspapers:
- Felony theft charge against Tennessee's Thomas dismissed Updated: Apr-15-15 12:57 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A felony theft charge against Tennessee offensive tackle Coleman Thomas has been dismissed.
- Knoxville College to halt classes, reorganize Updated: Apr-14-15 10:15 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Higher Education Commission says the troubled Knoxville College has informed officials that it plans to suspend classes this fall and reorganize.
- Man drowns after jumping into quarry Updated: Apr-13-15 8:19 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Knoxville police say a man has drowned after jumping off a cliff into the Blount Avenue Quarry.
- Knoxville Rep. Ryan Haynes wins Tennessee GOP chairmanship Updated: Apr-11-15 2:50 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - State Rep. Ryan Haynes has been elected chairman of the Tennessee Republican Party.
- Knox County man claims $50 million Powerball jackpot Updated: Apr-10-15 6:14 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A Knox County man has claimed a $50 million Powerball jackpot from a drawing in March.
- Tenn. lawmakers can't agree on guns bill drafted as NRA gift Updated: Apr-09-15 5:59 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - It was supposed to be a welcoming gift from Tennessee lawmakers to the National Rifle Association and the more than 70,000 gun enthusiasts expected to attend the group's annual convention in Nashville this weekend.
- Robber who returned to scene of 2007 heist pleads guilty Updated: Apr-09-15 8:34 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A bank robber who left prison just months ago after a 2007 heist has pleaded guilty to committing another six robberies in four days.
- Knoxville to host 2015 Tennessee Bike Summit Updated: Apr-08-15 4:05 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Knoxville will host the fourth annual Tennessee Bike Summit April 23-24.