- Repeat shoplifter faces up to 12 years in DVD theft case Updated: Apr-28-16 10:53 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A shoplifter faces up to 12 years in prison because of a Tennessee prosecutor's aggressive new approach to repeat offenders.
- Repeat shoplifter faces up to 12 years in DVD theft case Updated: Apr-28-16 5:32 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A shoplifter faces up to 12 years in prison because of the Knox County prosecutor's aggressive new approach to repeat offenders.
- The Latest: Repeat shoplifter faces up to 12 years in prison Updated: Apr-28-16 4:56 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The Latest on a shoplifter's trial on felony burglary charges (all times local):
- DUI charge against Tennessee lineman Charles Mosley dropped Updated: Apr-28-16 4:40 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A charge of driving under the influence against Tennessee offensive lineman Charles Mosley has been dropped.
- Search for new Phoenix police chief back to 9 semifinalists Updated: Apr-25-16 6:09 pm
PHOENIX - The Phoenix City Manager's Office is back to nine semifinalists in its search for a new police chief.
- Knoxville police change policy about notifying Vols coaches Updated: Apr-22-16 5:41 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Knoxville police are ending their practice of making courtesy calls to Tennessee coaches about incidents involving Vols players.
- Wife of former high school coach charged with statutory rape Updated: Apr-22-16 12:41 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The wife of a former East Tennessee high school assistant football coach is facing sex charges involving a player.
- Knoxville airport display recognizes National Park Service Updated: Apr-22-16 4:11 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Knoxville's McGhee Tyson Airport has been turned into a visit to nine National Park Service locations through artwork honoring the National Park Service Centennial.
- Vols' Johnson has 1 charged dropped, another reduced Updated: Apr-21-16 1:48 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - One of two charges against Tennessee defensive lineman Alexis Johnson was dismissed Thursday and the other was reduced from a felony count of aggravated assault to misdemeanor domestic assault.
- Former NFL star offers $5K reward in boy's drive-by killing Updated: Apr-21-16 6:57 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Former Tennessee Volunteer and NFL star Albert Haynesworth is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the person who shot and killed a 12-year-old boy during a drive-by shooting at a Knoxville park over the weekend.
- Knoxville officer accused of part in drug ring Updated: Apr-20-16 5:23 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A Knoxville police officer is among seven people charged with taking part in a prescription drug ring.
- Norfolk Southern idles Tennessee rail yard and cuts 135 jobs Updated: Apr-20-16 4:23 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Norfolk Southern is eliminating 135 jobs and reducing operations at a rail yard in Tennessee as part of its overall response to reduced freight traffic.
- Senate OKs bill to allow gun carry on Tennessee campuses Updated: Apr-19-16 8:22 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The state Senate on Tuesday voted to allow faculty and workers with handgun carry permits to be armed on the campuses of Tennessee public colleges and universities.
- Chairman of Japanese organization speaking in Knoxville Updated: Apr-18-16 3:17 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The chairman of one of the largest public research and development organizations in Japan is speaking this week at the University of Tennessee's Howard Baker Memorial Lecture in Knoxville.
- Browns owner Haslam fighting deposition order in civil suit Updated: Apr-17-16 12:33 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam is fighting a court order for him to testify in a civil lawsuit against the Pilot Flying J truck-stop chain owned by Haslam and his brother, Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam.
- Dobbs, Tennessee exit spring practice amid high expectations Updated: Apr-16-16 6:33 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee quarterback Joshua Dobbs understands what's at stake in his senior season.
- Family of officer who had lethal meds dose sues hospital Updated: Apr-16-16 6:17 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The University of Tennessee Medical Center is being sued for the wrongful death of a Jacksboro Police Department detective who was given an overdose of pain medication while he was being treated for injuries suffered in a car crash.
- Knox County prosecutors still using gang enhancement law Updated: Apr-15-16 3:32 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Knox County prosecutors say they are going to continue to use a law that enhances the sentences of gang members despite a state appellate court's striking it down as unconstitutional. And at least one Knox County judge is willing to let the district attorney's office continue to use that law.
- Knoxville City Council approves food truck ordinance Updated: Apr-14-16 5:12 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Knoxville City Council members have decided to allow smoked-meat food trucks within the city limits, as long as they are at least 100 feet away from homes.
- Tennessee adds local guard Jordan Bowden to signing class Updated: Apr-13-16 8:46 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee has announced the addition of guard Jordan Bowden, a Knoxville native who will play for his hometown team.
- Harwell touts health care initiative; Dems call it 'charade' Updated: Apr-12-16 5:25 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Republican House Speaker Beth Harwell on Tuesday touted a new initiative to improve health care access in the state, but Democrats quickly derided it as an election-year "charade" to deflect criticism of lawmakers who rejected the governor's Insure Tennessee proposal.
- Police: Man arrested when robbery victim turns out to be cop Updated: Apr-11-16 9:16 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Call it a case of very rotten luck. A man in Tennessee has been arrested after authorities say he tried to rob a Knoxville police officer who was sitting in an unmarked police car.
- Ex-nurse charged in fatal Knoxville motel shooting Updated: Apr-10-16 12:23 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A former Knoxville nurse has been charged in a fatal motel shooting.
- Knoxville woman makes quilts to honor military veterans Updated: Apr-10-16 10:39 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Stacks of unfinished quilt tops, colorful fabric and thousands of spools of thread fill the basement of Doyleen Workman Taylor's Knoxville home.
- Man who escaped Copiah County jail recaptured after 9 years Updated: Apr-10-16 9:50 am
GALLMAN, Mississippi - A man who escaped from the Copiah County jail nearly a decade ago is back behind bars there.