- HGTV helps boost Scripps Networks 2Q profit Updated: Aug-04-15 10:25 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Strong ratings at HGTV and a rise in revenue from the home improvement network, provided a second-quarter boost for parent company Scripps Networks Interactive.
- 53-year-old pipe organ at Knoxville church gets overhaul Updated: Aug-01-15 11:47 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - How do you dismantle a 53-year-old church organ?
- Permit suspended at ropes course where teen fatally injured Updated: Jul-31-15 11:26 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee has suspended the operating permit at a Knoxville ropes course after an 18-year-old from Georgia was fatally injured there last week.
- Haslam launching 15-stop tour of Tenn. on road funding needs Updated: Jul-28-15 1:00 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Republican Gov. Bill Haslam is launching a 15-stop tour of Tennessee to discuss the transportation funding challenges as he considers a proposal to increase the state's gas tax for the first time in 25 years.
- University of Tennessee has its best fundraising year Updated: Jul-24-15 12:32 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The University of Tennessee is coming off its best fundraising year ever, collecting nearly $235 million in donations for the Knoxville campus.
- Gunman given 78-year sentence for home invasion Updated: Jul-24-15 8:08 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee prosecutors say a man convicted in a 2014 home invasion has been sentenced to 78 years in prison.
- Worker killed while trimming trees in Knoxville Updated: Jul-23-15 3:35 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A contractor for Knoxville Utilities Board has been killed while trimming trees southwest of downtown Knoxville.
- Former AP correspondent Duncan Mansfield dies at age 62 Updated: Jul-20-15 11:21 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Duncan Mansfield, a veteran reporter whose 20-year career as Knoxville, Tennessee, correspondent for The Associated Press included coverage of a massive coal ash spill from a Tennessee Valley Authority power plant, has died. He was 62.
- University's response to sexual assault report investigated Updated: Jul-16-15 5:24 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The University of Tennessee is being investigated by federal authorities over a complaint about the university's response to a sexual assault report.
- NTSB finds engine issues with plane that crashed into house Updated: Jul-14-15 11:46 am
BOSTON - The engine of a small plane that crashed into a Massachusetts home last month had a breach in the crankcase, two puncture holes near a cylinder and a fractured oil sump, according to a preliminary report released Tuesday by federal investigators.
- Study shows large increase in Tennessee's vehicle exports Updated: Jul-11-15 2:31 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A new study shows that motor vehicle exports from Tennessee have more than doubled since 2000.
- FBI investigating kidnapping of bank executive, family Updated: Jul-07-15 7:44 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - The FBI says a bank executive and his family have been released after being kidnapped at gunpoint and the man forced to withdraw an undisclosed amount of money from a Knoxville bank.
- Lawmaker calls for maker of new state logo to give refund Updated: Jul-06-15 5:17 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A state lawmaker is calling for a refund of all but $10,000 of the $46,000 paid for development of a new Tennessee state logo, saying the company that developed it was "substantially over-compensated."
- Federal lawsuit filed in death of Anderson County inmate Updated: Jul-06-15 10:47 am
CLINTON, Tennessee - A former nurse charged with falsifying log sheets in the wake of the death of an Anderson County inmate now faces a federal civil-rights lawsuit.
- Morgan County woman charged with shooting husband Updated: Jul-05-15 11:50 am
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Authorities have arrested a Morgan County woman accused of shooting her husband.