- Mexico City investigates reports of dog poisoning at park Updated: Oct-06-15 6:31 pm
MEXICO CITY - A popular dog run in a picturesque Mexico City park remained closed Tuesday following reported cases of dog poisoning.
- Mexico extraditions part of new working relationship with US Updated: Oct-02-15 9:05 am
MEXICO CITY - Mexico has extradited 13 people to the United States, including two top drug traffickers, because of a new streamlined process between the two countries - and not because of the recent escape of Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, officials said.
- Ambassador talks to refugee camp via video link at UN Updated: Oct-02-15 2:03 am
NEW YORK - The muscular young man on one side of the video link spoke of his flight from Syria and his life since 2012 at the Za'atari refugee camp in Jordan, where he teaches wrestling to boys.
- Mexican police find 14 pounds of heroin hidden aboard bus Updated: Sep-28-15 12:56 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexican investigators say they have found 14 pounds (6.35 kilograms) of heroin in a hidden container aboard a passenger bus.
- Bodies of 8 Mexicans killed in Egypt return home Updated: Sep-22-15 9:32 pm
MEXICO CITY - The bodies of eight Mexican tourists killed in a mistaken attack by Egyptian security forces earlier this month have been returned to Mexico.
- Soccer officials still eye US for centennial Copa America Updated: Sep-17-15 4:43 pm
MEXICO CITY - Soccer officials said Thursday they still intend to hold the centennial edition of the Copa America tournament in the United States next year.
- The Latest: Mexico's foreign minister to fly to Cairo Updated: Sep-15-15 1:00 am
The latest developments after Egyptian troops mistakenly opened fire on a group of Mexican tourists on a safari in the country's western desert. All times Cairo time:
- Venezuela wins Olympic qualifier, upsetting Argentina Updated: Sep-13-15 12:21 am
MEXICO CITY - Heissler Guillent scored 15 points and Venezuela pulled off another upset, beating Argentina 71-67 on Saturday night to win the FIBA Americas championship for the first time.
- South American football chief backs Copa Centenario in US Updated: Sep-11-15 10:12 pm
ASUNCION, Paraguay - The head of South American soccer governing body CONMEBOL told The Associated Press on Friday he backs playing the Copa America's 100th anniversary tournament next year in the United States.
- 3rd man arrested in slaying of Mexican journalist, 4 women Updated: Sep-11-15 9:51 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexico City prosecutors say they have arrested a third suspect in the killings of a photojournalist and four women in a case that drew attention around the world.
- Canada's talented group is aiming at Rio 2016 Updated: Sep-10-15 5:00 pm
MEXICO CITY - Canada is in position to secure a berth to its first Olympic basketball tournament since Sydney 2000, with Andrew Wiggins leading a young team that has been too much to handle in the qualifiers and is aiming to be a surprise in Rio 2016.