- Snyder turns in signatures for re-election bid Updated: Apr-17-14 11:50 am
- Girl's memorial being held at basketball arena Updated: Apr-17-14 5:42 am
- Michigan State grads to hear India IT entrepreneur Updated: Apr-17-14 4:05 am
- Michigan State to host night game vs. Nebraska Updated: Apr-15-14 12:24 pm
- State activates Emergency Operations Center Updated: Apr-14-14 8:13 pm
- Michigan State, Northern Ireland school renew pact Updated: Apr-14-14 4:07 am
- Young basketball fan's memorial set for next week Updated: Apr-12-14 5:27 pm
- Vigil held for girl befriended by hoops star Updated: Apr-10-14 7:05 am
- Controlled burn aims to help sparrow habitat Updated: Apr-09-14 3:39 pm
- Byrum not running for Rogers' seat in Congress Updated: Apr-08-14 2:41 pm
- Michigan State, food industry start safety center Updated: Apr-07-14 7:01 pm
- Michigan energy company's case at US Supreme Court Updated: Apr-07-14 3:01 pm
- Correction: Body Donations story Updated: Apr-07-14 2:33 pm
- Rwandan stories inspire Michigan poet, professor Updated: Apr-06-14 4:05 am
- Michigan vendors to face off in 'Food Court Wars' Updated: Apr-03-14 5:32 am
- Pro-marijuana activists seek ballot initiatives Updated: Apr-02-14 2:48 pm
- Michigan Medicaid expansion start draws 11,848 Updated: Apr-01-14 10:08 pm
- Rogers, GOP hawk, quitting Congress for radio show Updated: Mar-28-14 8:51 pm
- Crews plan to collect December ice storm debris Updated: Mar-28-14 5:55 am
- Clarification: Oil Drilling Taxes story Updated: Mar-27-14 3:56 pm
- Projects expand Lansing-area network of trails Updated: Mar-27-14 3:04 pm
- Oilman, wife give $2.5 million to Michigan State Updated: Mar-26-14 10:04 pm
- Michigan State urges responsible NCAA celebrations Updated: Mar-26-14 6:40 am
- Agriculture summit in Lansing hears from governor Updated: Mar-26-14 4:05 am
- Michigan governor stays cautious on gay marriage Updated: Mar-25-14 7:22 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder has made his re-election bid official by turning in more than 26,000 signatures from all 83 counties to election officials.
EAST LANSING, Michigan - An 8-year-old Michigan State basketball fan whose battle with cancer inspired the team's players, coaches and many more beyond the hardwood is to be honored by thousands of her closest friends at a memorial service in East Lansing.
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Michigan State University says that Indian information technology pioneer Azim Premji will speak at the school's undergraduate commencement May 2.
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Michigan State is expected to play a night game at Spartan Stadium in October against Nebraska.
LANSING, Michigan - Severe weather and flooding in Michigan's Lower Peninsula have prompted the partial activation of the State Emergency Operations Center.
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Michigan State University officials say they have renewed and expanded an agreement with an agricultural college in Northern Ireland.
EAST LANSING, Michigan - The family of an 8-year-old girl who befriended Michigan State University basketball star Adreian Payne is asking that people attending her memorial service next week wear bright colors and smiles in celebration of her life.
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Hundreds gathered for a candlelight vigil on the campus of Michigan State University following the death of an 8-year-old girl with cancer who befriended Michigan State basketball star Adreian Payne and was a source of inspiration.
MERIDIAN TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A controlled burn in the Lansing area is expected to help improve habitat for the Henslow's sparrow.
LANSING, Michigan - Democratic Ingham County Clerk Barb Byrum says she won't run for Michigan's 8th District U.S. House seat to replace Republican U.S. Rep. Mike Rogers.
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Michigan State University is joining food and drink makers and sellers to create the Center for Research on Ingredient Safety, it was announced Monday.
ALAIEDON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A Lansing-area energy company is involved in a U.S. Supreme Court that considers the requirements for transferring class-action lawsuits from state courts to federal courts.
LANSING, Michigan - In a story April 5 about proposed changes in body donations to Michigan medical schools, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Barbara Norgan is the supervisor of the Michigan State University donation program. She supervises the Wayne State University donation program.
EAST LANSING, Michigan - A Michigan State University education professor has helped survivors of the Rwandan genocide tell their stories through poetry.
EATON RAPIDS, Michigan - Mark McGee and his wife, Krysta, say they nearly hit rock bottom five years ago before one crazy idea saved them.
DETROIT - Eleven cities across Michigan and one county have been targeted by pro-marijuana activists seeking ballot initiatives to legalize or decriminalize small amounts of marijuana for personal use.
LANSING, Michigan - When Thomas Booth's mom told him he needed health insurance, he knew she was speaking from experience. As a breast cancer patient, his mom has relied on her Medicaid coverage for years of treatment, he said.
WASHINGTON - Rep. Mike Rogers, the brash-talking Republican security hawk who has criticized the Obama administration yet commanded uncommon bipartisan support as chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, said Friday he was retiring from Congress next year.
LANSING, Michigan - City crews in Lansing on Monday plan to collect branches and tree trunks felled by a pre-Christmas ice storm.
LANSING, Michigan - In a March 19 story, The Associated Press paraphrased George Peridas, a Natural Resources Defense Council environmental scientist, as saying that sustainable energy is still a luxury at this time. Peridas instead said that sustainable energy production currently is dwarfed by fossil fuel production.
DELHI TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Two projects due to be completed by this fall in the Lansing area will expand the region's network of recreational trails, boosting opportunities for walking, running and biking.
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Michigan State University says a Dallas oil executive and his wife are donating $2.5 million to the engineering program at the East Lansing school.
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Michigan State University and officials in East Lansing are encouraging students to keep NCAA tournament celebrating under control.
LANSING, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder is speaking at the Pure Michigan Agriculture Summit in Lansing.
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan's Republican Gov. Rick Snyder, who keeps mostly silent on social issues in favor of focusing on the economy, is stepping carefully on the issue of gay marriage after a judge's declaration that the state's ban is unconstitutional.