- Michigan taxidermist recreates football rivalry Updated: Jul-30-15 4:44 pm
LANSING, Michigan - A Lansing-based taxidermist used the longtime rivalry between Michigan State University and the University of Michigan as inspiration for his latest creation.
- 10th annual Farmers Markets at the Capitol taking place Updated: Jul-30-15 4:05 am
LANSING, Michigan - The 10th annual Farmers Markets at the Capitol are taking place this summer in Lansing.
- Supporters of gay Methodist pastor rally at bishop's office Updated: Jul-29-15 10:46 am
LANSING, Michigan - United Methodist clergy and churchgoers have held a press conference outside the bishop's office in Lansing in support of an openly gay pastor who says he was forced to resign.
- Michigan farm, environmental leaders call for algae action Updated: Jul-28-15 6:06 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Agricultural and environmental leaders in Michigan have issued a joint appeal for concerted action to block the toxic algae blooms that shut down drinking water systems in western Lake Erie last summer and that are threatening to return this year.
- Parking spots near state Capitol becoming temporary parks Updated: Jul-27-15 6:43 am
LANSING, Michigan - The west lane along Capitol Avenue in front of the state Capitol in Lansing will be closed to vehicles this week as parking spaces are turned into mini-parks.
- 1885 home, 1 of Lansing's oldest, sold at auction for $16K Updated: Jul-24-15 6:56 am
LANSING, Michigan - One of Lansing's oldest homes has been sold at auction for $16,000.
- Small meat markets on the rise in Lansing area Updated: Jul-24-15 4:13 am
LANSING, Michigan - Greg Saltzman will tell you up front, he's a meat man.
- Snyder names ex-utility lobbyist to Public Service panel Updated: Jul-22-15 12:56 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder has appointed a former longtime utility lobbyist to the Michigan Public Service Commission.
- Man sentenced in crash death of sheriff's deputy chasing SUV Updated: Jul-22-15 10:19 am
MASON, Michigan - A man convicted in the death of an Ingham County sheriff's deputy who crashed while chasing an SUV has been sentenced to 20 to 45 years in prison.
- MSU gets $22.5M to continue evolution research, education Updated: Jul-22-15 7:26 am
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Michigan State University has been awarded $22.5 million by the National Science Foundation to continue evolution research, education and outreach.
- Stringed instrument mural nearing completion in Lansing Updated: Jul-20-15 6:07 pm
LANSING, Michigan - A Los Angeles-based artist is putting the finishing touches on a 68-foot-long mural outside a musical instrument store in Lansing.
- State panel postpones vote on medical marijuana for autism Updated: Jul-20-15 12:41 pm
LANSING, Michigan - A vote to recommend whether some forms of autism should qualify for medical marijuana in Michigan was postponed Monday to give an advisory panel more time to study hundreds of pages of research.
- Lansing girl, 17, gets prison for sex-trafficking ring Updated: Jul-16-15 2:10 am
LANSING, Michigan - A 17-year-old Lansing girl has been sentenced to spend four to 20 years in prison for what authorities say was her role in a sex-trafficking ring mostly involving girls between 14 and 18 years old.
- Ex-Michigan State employee gets probation for embezzlement Updated: Jul-15-15 11:18 am
LANSING, Michigan - A former employee of Michigan State University's College of Osteopathic Medicine has been sentenced to five years of probation for embezzling more than $100,000 from the university.
- Utilities agree to split profits from science facility power Updated: Jul-13-15 12:47 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Two utilities have reached a tentative agreement to split profits from the sale of electricity to a new $730 million nuclear science facility at Michigan State University.
- MSU seeks fight song videos for 'Spartan Virtual Choir' Updated: Jul-13-15 11:46 am
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Michigan State University is celebrating the 100th anniversary of its fight song by putting together a big virtual choir.
- Limited off-road vehicle use allowed at Bewabic State Park Updated: Jul-10-15 1:39 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Off-road vehicle users now have permission to ride onto the grounds of Bewabic State Park in the Upper Peninsula's Iron County.
- Meetings planned on possible new passenger rail service Updated: Jul-10-15 12:32 pm
HOLLAND, Michigan - More public meetings are planned on proposed new passenger rail service that could connect Detroit, Lansing, Grand Rapids and Holland.
- City pushes Lansing River Trail's evolution Updated: Jul-09-15 9:55 am
LANSING, Michigan - Developer Pat Gillespie, 45, thought as a child growing up that downtown Lansing's riverfront was pretty much "non-existent."
- Panel to set rules for early-season migratory bird hunting Updated: Jul-09-15 4:06 am
LANSING, Michigan - State wildlife policymakers are expected to set early-season regulations for hunting migratory birds, including Canada geese and teal.
- Michigan St coach 'disappointed' in Ellis after charges Updated: Jul-08-15 6:07 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Michigan State basketball coach Tom Izzo said Wednesday he is "disappointed" in guard Alvin Ellis III after the player was charged with alcohol-related offenses this offseason.
- Experts: Wet weather leads to booming mosquito population Updated: Jul-07-15 5:34 am
LANSING, Michigan - Experts say wet weather this year has led to a booming mosquito population in parts of Michigan.
- SUV crash on freeway kills 13-year-old boy, injures 8 others Updated: Jul-03-15 1:01 pm
EAGLE TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A teenage boy was killed and several other people were hurt after being thrown from a SUV in a crash on a Michigan freeway.
- Charges filed in case of Lansing-area woman with 124 cats Updated: Jul-02-15 9:07 pm
LANSING TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A Lansing-area woman recently found with 124 cats in her home has been charged with cruelty and torture.