- Small group of surfers ride waves in Chattahoochee Updated: Dec-16-13 6:46 am
- Police search for gunman in Columbus shooting Updated: Dec-08-13 6:40 am
- Delta cuts another 15 Memphis flights Updated: Dec-03-13 2:21 pm
- Ga. shoppers plunge into Black Friday marathon Updated: Nov-29-13 2:23 pm
- Judge rules against sheriff in discrimination case Updated: Nov-27-13 5:47 pm
- Yardsmart: Modification of corn resulted in productive... Updated: Nov-25-13 12:20 pm
- Ga judge refuses to quit 'Stocking Strangler' case Updated: Nov-22-13 3:11 pm
- NFL plans loom in the future of Ohio State's... Updated: Nov-21-13 12:18 pm
- Ga. Democrats work to rebuild party finances Updated: Nov-20-13 5:52 pm
- Ga. man sentenced to life in child sex case Updated: Nov-18-13 3:33 pm
COLUMBUS, Georgia - It isn't Malibu, California, but a small pocket of surfers -- river surfers -- is developing in Columbus.
COLUMBUS, Georgia - Columbus police are searching for a gunman who opened fire at an intersection.
12-03-13 - MEMPHIS, Tenn. - Delta Air Lines will scratch nonstops from Memphis to four cities and reduce frequency of flights to nine other markets starting Tuesday.
ALPHARETTA, Georgia - From all-night shopping sprees that began on Thanksgiving to stragglers looking for leftover deals as crowds grew thinner by midmorning Black Friday, Georgians started the holiday buying season with a mall-hopping marathon that sometimes left little room for sleep or turkey dinners.
COLUMBUS, Georgia - A federal judge has ordered a western Georgia sheriff to promote a woman who accused him of discrimination.
As the debate over genetically modified plants rages in the agricultural world, there is one that was so modified millennia ago that it's virtually unrecognizable today. The plant is rooted in a North American native altered long before Columbus. This simple grass from Oaxaca was gradually changed by human selection into one of the earliest GMOs. Yes, Native Americans forced changes in that grass to such an extent it could no longer sustain itself in the wild. This changeling is the Indian corn we buy for fall decoration, without realizing it's a highly modified species.
COLUMBUS, Georgia - A Georgia judge is refusing to step down from an appeal filed by the man convicted in the "Stocking Strangler" killings in Columbus.
A home finale against Indiana could also be Junior Day for a handful of third-ranked Ohio State's underclassmen stars.
ATLANTA - Georgia Democrats took another step Wednesday toward rebuilding the party ahead of next year's federal and state elections, hosting a big-ticket fundraiser with Michelle Nunn and Jason Carter.
COLUMBUS, Georgia - A man accused of impregnating a 13-year-old girl and giving an 11-year-old girl a sexually transmitted disease has been sentenced to two consecutive life prison terms.