- Inmate who fled Austin hospital captured near Houston Updated: Jul-02-15 12:36 pm
HOUSTON - A Central Texas jail inmate who fled during treatment at an Austin hospital has been captured near Houston after several days on the run.
- Austin-based bar accused of discrimination to make changes Updated: Jul-01-15 8:08 am
DALLAS - An Austin-based bar has agreed to make changes to its business practices to end a federal investigation into alleged discrimination.
- Complaint: Family detention can lead to psychological harm Updated: Jun-30-15 2:51 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Detaining immigrant women and children who may have fled violence in their home country "creates or exacerbates" psychological trauma, according to a complaint filed Tuesday by immigrant rights groups with the Department of Homeland Security.
- Ex-Galveston police officer gets prison for child porn Updated: Jun-30-15 8:01 am
AUSTIN, Texas - An ex-Galveston policeman must serve more than seven years in prison for having child pornography while working at the Texas attorney general's office.
- Woman accused of stealing bags at Austin airport Updated: Jun-30-15 3:23 am
AUSTIN, Texas - A woman is accused of stealing items from baggage claim at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.
- Texas students' science project was aboard SpaceX rocket Updated: Jun-29-15 1:34 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Some Austin-area students have lost their science experiment in the weekend explosion of the unmanned SpaceX rocket after a launch from Florida.
- Supreme Court will re-hear Texas affirmative action Updated: Jun-29-15 12:53 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court said Monday it will dive back into the fight over the use of race in admissions at the University of Texas, a decision that presages tighter limits on affirmative action in higher education.
- University of Texas president defends admissions policy Updated: Jun-29-15 12:45 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The new president of the University of Texas says the school's use of race in some admissions creates a diverse student body that's an educational benefit.
- Funeral Tuesday for officer run over, killed following chase Updated: Jun-28-15 2:04 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A funeral is scheduled for Tuesday for an Austin-area police sergeant who was killed when a fleeing suspect commandeered the sergeant's patrol car and ran him over.
- Q&A: Where Texas stands after same-sex marriage legalized Updated: Jun-27-15 3:04 am
AUSTIN, Texas - How same-sex marriage is reverberating across Texas after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that gays and lesbians have the right to wed:
- The Latest: Elderly couple are 1st to gays to wed in Dallas Updated: Jun-26-15 1:24 pm
DALLAS - The latest reaction in Texas to the U.S. Supreme Court's decision to legalize same-sex marriage (all times local):
- Vandals target Confederate monuments in half-dozen states Updated: Jun-26-15 6:34 am
ST. LOUIS - Vandals have targeted monuments dedicated to the leaders and soldiers of the Confederacy, painting the slogan "Black lives matter" on memorials in a half-dozen states where the landmarks stand tall in parks and outside government buildings.
- Health ruling relieves consumers; GOP states remain critical Updated: Jun-25-15 6:08 pm
MIAMI - Thursday's Supreme Court ruling validating federal health insurance subsidies for nearly 6.4 million Americans had consumers breathing a sigh of relief that they would be able to afford their policies, but the reaction was markedly different from governors and lawmakers in states that have fought against the Affordable Care Act.
- Key ways the high court health care ruling affects Texas Updated: Jun-25-15 1:27 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The U.S. Supreme Court has upheld government subsidies that help more than 6.4 million Americans in Texas and 33 other states purchase health insurance policies through federal exchanges created under the Obama administration's signature health care law. Here's a look at what the decision means in a state where top Republican leaders were loudly hoping it would go the other way.
- Austin-area police detective run over and killed during stop Updated: Jun-24-15 8:29 pm
HUTTO, Texas - An Austin-area police detective is dead and a suspect is charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after the officer was run over by a police vehicle during a traffic stop.
- UT System regent sues chancellor over records access Updated: Jun-24-15 2:01 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A University of Texas System regent has sued the system's chancellor over access to records.
- Fort Hood pushes jobs for soldiers easing into civilian life Updated: Jun-22-15 6:11 pm
FORT HOOD, Texas - Each year about 11,000 soldiers depart the post at Fort Hood, stepping back into the civilian life and the private workforce.
- Texas plans $1B Austin project to house state offices Updated: Jun-22-15 12:59 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A construction project in excess of $1 billion will include three new state office buildings in Austin and the renovation of other state-owned properties.
- 'Boyhood' director Linklater loses appeal over film mementos Updated: Jun-20-15 11:50 am
AUSTIN, Texas - "Boyhood" director Richard Linklater again has lost in a lawsuit against his insurance company over what he says was $500,000 in property and film memorabilia destroyed by Texas wildfires in 2011.
- Austin officer suspended for belittling homeless woman Updated: Jun-20-15 9:25 am
AUSTIN, Texas - An Austin police officer has been suspended for 10 days for belittling a homeless woman in a incident captured on patrol car video.
- Judge orders mental evaluation of Texas death row inmate Updated: Jun-20-15 7:59 am
AUSTIN, Texas - A Texas death row inmate faces another mental evaluation as he seeks to drop his appeals in the 2012 slaying of an Austin police officer.
- Texas Supreme Court upholds divorce of same-sex couple Updated: Jun-19-15 6:44 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas Supreme Court effectively upheld the Austin divorce of a same-sex couple Friday, turning away Republican Gov. Greg Abbott and arguments that the state can't dissolve a marriage it didn't recognize in the first place.
- Ex-Mexican governor accused in Texas money laundering case Updated: Jun-19-15 5:35 pm
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - A former governor of the northern Mexican state of Tamaulipas has been charged with money laundering in Texas, according to an unsealed federal indictment.
- Texas' May jobless rate increases slightly to 4.3 percent Updated: Jun-19-15 2:10 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas' unemployment rate rose slightly to 4.3 percent in May, after holding steady at 4.2 percent in March and April, a state agency reported Friday.
- New mom taking break from baby rescues Austin cyclist Updated: Jun-18-15 6:46 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Rene Geneva just wanted to get out of the house for a little while.