- Former AP reporter Robert Heard dies at age 84 Updated: Apr-23-14 7:49 pm
- Suarez to make Nationwide debut at Richmond Updated: Apr-23-14 4:07 pm
- Powers critics donate to 2 Hall committee members Updated: Apr-22-14 11:02 pm
- Baylor C Isaiah Austin entering NBA draft early Updated: Apr-22-14 7:45 pm
- DPS urges online renewal of your driver's license Updated: Apr-22-14 1:35 pm
- Job market for college grads better but still weak Updated: Apr-22-14 1:34 pm
- Eminem, Outkast to headline Austin City Limits Updated: Apr-22-14 1:10 pm
- Lawsuit seeks redrawing of Texas Senate districts Updated: Apr-22-14 1:04 pm
- UT president: $325K payment was properly approved Updated: Apr-21-14 6:01 pm
- AT&T explores expansion of super-fast Internet Updated: Apr-21-14 3:01 pm
- Report: Lab delays lead to false drug convictions Updated: Apr-20-14 3:52 pm
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry's prospects Updated: Apr-20-14 10:29 am
- Whole Foods recalls croissants over undeclared egg Updated: Apr-18-14 7:43 pm
- More charges added in South By Southwest crash Updated: Apr-18-14 4:16 pm
- Marquez setting pace on march to MotoGP title Updated: Apr-18-14 1:54 pm
- Austin City Council approves voucher resolution Updated: Apr-18-14 7:31 am
- UT won't plug maroon bluebonnets after all Updated: Apr-17-14 9:46 pm
- Woman sentenced for role in teen's beating death Updated: Apr-17-14 6:40 am
- Rubio: Terrorists training in Syria may strike US Updated: Apr-15-14 8:51 pm
- Perry's lawyer in veto probe hired at $450 hourly Updated: Apr-15-14 5:26 pm
- Texas grand jury being seated in Perry ethics case Updated: Apr-14-14 5:26 pm
- Marquez defends Texas title in MotoGP Updated: Apr-13-14 5:23 pm
- NASCAR's Kurt Busch says Haas serious about F1 Updated: Apr-13-14 12:59 pm
- Swarm of bees removed from Circuit of the Americas Updated: Apr-13-14 12:51 pm
- Texas AP Broadcasters choose 2014-2015 board of directors Updated: Apr-13-14 11:04 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Robert Heard, who reported on Texas state government, politics and sports for The Associated Press, including the 1966 University of Texas tower shootings and a groundbreaking series on race and integration of Longhorns football, has died. He was 84.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Daniel Suarez has proven to be a quick learner in a race car, winning in the eighth race of last year's NASCAR's K&N Pro Series East Tour and finishing third in the final standings.
AUSTIN, Texas - Critics of University of Texas President Bill Powers have made donations to the campaigns of two members of a legislative committee that is investigating an anti-Powers UT System regent, according to campaign finance reports.
WACO, Texas - Baylor sophomore center Isaiah Austin has decided to forgo the remainder of his collegiate eligibility to enter the NBA draft.
AUSTIN, Texas - Renewing a Texas driver's license doesn't necessarily mean waiting in long lines or prepping your best photo ID look for the camera.
WASHINGTON - With college commencement ceremonies nearing, the government is offering a modest dose of good news for graduating seniors: The job market is brightening for new grads - a bit.
NEW YORK - Eminem and Outkast are headlining another music festival.
AUSTIN, Texas - Two Texas residents backed by a conservative legal group have filed a federal lawsuit in Austin challenging how state Senate voting districts were drawn, according to a published report Tuesday.
AUSTIN, Texas - University of Texas at Austin President Bill Powers said he was told that $325,000 in extra compensation he received while dean of the law school was properly authorized at the time even though a newspaper found no evidence that the chancellor ever signed off.
NEW YORK - AT&T plans a major expansion of super-fast Internet services to cover as many as 100 municipalities in 25 metropolitan areas.
AUSTIN, Texas - Lengthy crime lab delays have forced at least 21 people across Texas to serve time on drug possession charges when the substance they had wasn't illegal, according to a published report Sunday.
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas Gov. Rick Perry has spent a record 14 years in office vanquishing nearly all who dared confront him.
AUSTIN, Texas - Whole Foods Markets is recalling mini butter croissants sold in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana because they contain eggs, an undeclared allergen.
AUSTIN, Texas - A driver already charged with capital murder now is facing additional charges weeks after he plowed into a late-night crowd during the South By Southwest festival in Austin.
AUSTIN, Texas - Marc Marquez safely navigated the first turn of the Grand Prix of the Americas and quickly settled into 21 comfortable laps and his second consecutive victory of 2014.
AUSTIN, Texas - Leaders of a Central Texas city have adopted a resolution barring landlords from summarily rejecting applicants who want to use federal vouchers to pay the rent.
AUSTIN, Texas - Maroon bluebonnets will be allowed to remain on the University of Texas campus in Austin after mysteriously appearing in the shadow of the UT Tower.
AUSTIN, Texas - An Austin woman has pleaded guilty to murder in the beating death of a 16-year-old boy that was the result of a feud between families over money.
AUSTIN, Texas - U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio warned Tuesday that terrorists training in ungoverned swaths of Syria could "soon" attack American interests around the world - or even on the nation's home soil.
AUSTIN, Texas - The attorney Gov. Rick Perry hired amid a grand jury investigation into abuse of power allegations has a $450 hourly contract.
AUSTIN, Texas - A Texas judge selected a second grand jury Monday in an investigation into whether Gov. Rick Perry abused his power by vetoing funding for public corruption prosecutors, and this time the Republican has retained a high-profile defense attorney to represent him.
AUSTIN, Texas - Marc Marquez made the Grand Prix of the Americas look like a breezy Sunday ride.
AUSTIN, Texas - NASCAR driver Kurt Busch said team owner Gene Haas is serious about making a strong entry into Formula One, a move that could expand the series' footprint in the U.S.
AUSTIN, Texas - A swarm of bees estimated at about 25,000 had to be removed at Circuit of the Americas in Austin after taking up residence under a picnic table near the main grandstand.
AUSTIN, Texas - Members of the Texas Associated Press Broadcasters have chosen a new board of directors.