- Apple has created over 2,000 Austin jobs since 2012 Updated: May-01-16 2:59 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Apple has created more than 2,000 new jobs in Austin since 2012 and is on track to meet the area hiring goals it promised in exchange for millions of dollars in public incentives, according to documents filed with the city.
- Robbery suspect fatally shot by Central Texas officer Updated: Apr-28-16 10:22 am
SEGUIN, Texas - Officials say a Central Texas police officer has fatally shot a robbery suspect who fled on a motorcycle and then stopped and threatened authorities.
- Austin police chief punished for comments about shooting Updated: Apr-27-16 4:53 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo has been stripped of five days' pay and warned he could lose his job after his boss said he didn't follow orders to stop discussing the police shooting of an unarmed teen.
- Texas vet who killed cat testifies at hearing on license Updated: Apr-25-16 11:41 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A Texas veterinarian who boasted online of killing a cat with a bow and arrow testified Monday at a licensing hearing that the incident has left her "essentially unemployable."
- Man killed after charging Texas officer with knives ID'd Updated: Apr-25-16 9:16 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Austin police have released the name of a 29-year-old man who was fatally shot by an officer last week.
- Former convict in famous Austin slayings seeks innocence Updated: Apr-24-16 3:49 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A man once on death row for the now still-unsolved slayings of four teenage girls a quarter-century ago in Austin returns to court this week trying to reinstate a lawsuit that seeks a declaration that he's innocent.
- Secretary Kerry to revisit Vietnam War before Obama trip Updated: Apr-24-16 3:14 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Before joining President Barack Obama on his first trip to Vietnam next month, Secretary of State John Kerry will take a day to reflect on his long and complicated history with the Asian country, first as a soldier and later as a war protester and statesman.
- Man who charged Texas officer with knives fatally shot Updated: Apr-23-16 4:31 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas authorities say a 29-year-old man who charged an officer with knives in his hands was shot and killed by police.
- Officer gave ride to runaway later charged in Texas slaying Updated: Apr-22-16 5:28 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - An off-duty police officer in Central Texas gave a teenage runaway a ride to Austin about 10 days before the youth was charged in the killing of a college student.
- Austin leaders approve nearly $1.2M for rape kit tests Updated: Apr-22-16 9:18 am
AUSTIN, Texas - The Austin City Council has approved a nearly $1.2 million contract to have a forensic lab analyze a backlog of about 2,000 rape kits.
- Officer's fatal shooting of teen to go to grand jury Updated: Apr-21-16 1:29 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Travis County prosecutors say they plan to present evidence in the fatal shooting of an unarmed, naked 17-year-old by an Austin police officer to a grand jury for possible criminal charges.
- Texas foster care facing budget shortfall as problems mount Updated: Apr-20-16 6:07 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A surge of Texas foster kids with mental or emotional problems - potentially like the 17-year-old homeless runway accused in a killing that shook the University of Texas campus - could create a $40 million budget shortfall by the end of next year, a top official said Wednesday.
- Public help sought in solving series of Austin sex assaults Updated: Apr-19-16 5:36 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Austin police are appealing to the public for clues to the identity of a man suspected in a series of eight sexual assaults dating to late December.
- Texas Department of Criminal Justice director retiring Updated: Apr-15-16 5:25 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas Department of Criminal Justice Executive Director Brad Livingston says he's retiring this summer after guiding the state's prison system for nearly a dozen years, making him one of the longest-tenured directors in the agency's history.
- Report: ex-staff for Attorney General Ken Paxton still paid Updated: Apr-15-16 11:55 am
AUSTIN, Texas - The state is paying thousands of dollars in salaries and benefits to at least two former high-level staffers in Attorney General Ken Paxton's office who haven't worked there for over a month.
- Texas Supreme Court lets court-ordered gay marriage stand Updated: Apr-15-16 11:39 am
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas Supreme Court has dismissed the state's effort to overturn an Austin lesbian couple's marriage that came months before same-sex weddings were legalized nationwide.
- Correction: Texas Agriculture Chief-Investigation story Updated: Apr-14-16 1:16 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - In a story April 13 about an investigation launched against the Texas agriculture commissioner, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the state Democratic Party did not run an opponent against Republican Sid Miller in 2014. The party did field a candidate, Jim Hogan.
- Austin police detain shooting suspect after officer wounded Updated: Apr-14-16 10:18 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Austin police have detained a suspect after a tactical officer was shot while trying to serve a drug-related search warrant at a home.
- Officers in Central Texas shoot, kill bank robbery suspect Updated: Apr-14-16 9:56 am
LLANO, Texas - Officers have fatally shot a motorcycle-riding bank robbery suspect during a traffic stop in Central Texas.
- Man found dead after toxic gas released in Austin apartment Updated: Apr-13-16 10:38 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Emergency crews responding to a hazardous-materials report at an Austin apartment building found a man dead in an apartment amid signs warning that toxic hydrogen sulfide gas was present in the room.
- Former Penn State president Bryce Jordan dies at 91 Updated: Apr-13-16 7:57 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Former Penn State University president Bryce Jordan, who was credited with a major fundraising campaign and has a campus arena named after him, has died at age 91.
- Associated Press, Guardian among top Headliner Award winners Updated: Apr-13-16 2:02 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The Associated Press, The Guardian US, Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting and Pittsburgh's WTAE-TV have won top honors as "best of show" winners in the 82nd National Headliner Awards.
- Headliners, scholarships, other winners in Texas AP Broadcasters contest Updated: Apr-09-16 10:16 pm
AUSTIN: Sept. 29, 2015: OTHER WINNERS: Headliners Foundation of Texas/Charles E. Green Awards for Excellence in Journalism
- Best Radio Reporter: Kate McGee, KUT, Austin
- List of TV winners in 2015-2016 Texas AP Broadcasters contest Updated: Apr-09-16 10:13 pm
AUSTIN: March 26, 2015 TELEVISION WINNERS
- Marquez takes pole position at Grand Prix of the Americas Updated: Apr-09-16 6:58 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Another year, another pole position for Repsol Honda's Marc Marquez at the Grand Prix of the Americas.