- Texas lawmakers attempt to revive religious objections bill Updated: May-04-15 3:17 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas got a taste Monday of the religious objections issue that drew strong criticism elsewhere, with many church leaders imploring state lawmakers to protect religious freedoms in the name of tolerance but others taking the opportunity to openly decry gay marriage.
- Man arrested after fight following road rage incident Updated: May-04-15 12:34 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Police in Austin say a road rage argument turned into a fight between neighbors that possibly involved a sword and one driver biting the other driver two different times.
- Texas House to probe dispute over witness list Updated: May-02-15 4:46 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A Texas House ethics committee will investigate after a Democratic lawmaker accused a Republican colleague of padding the witness list for a bill the GOP member supported and had him removed from a committee meeting.
- Texas inches to tighter rules 2 years after fertilizer blast Updated: May-01-15 6:13 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - One chamber of the Texas Legislature passed the first measure to regulate the storage of chemicals since a fertilizer plant exploded in the town of West more than two years ago, killing 15 people and devastating a wide area around the plant.
- Austin high school students charged with misdemeanor rioting Updated: May-01-15 8:23 am
AUSTIN, Texas - More than a dozen students at an Austin high school have been charged with misdemeanor rioting for a brawl last month.
- Spieth makes a big adjustment on the greens Updated: Apr-30-15 11:04 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A chat with his father and a couple of overtime matches that delayed the start of Jordan Spieth's second day at TPC Harding Park might have paid off Thursday in the Match Play Championship.
- Texas religious objection bill follows Supreme Court hearing Updated: Apr-30-15 6:26 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The national debate over religious objection laws roiled again Thursday in Texas after Republican lawmakers abruptly pushed a new proposal on the heels of the U.S. Supreme Court hearing historic arguments over gay marriage.
- Storms last weekend in Texas cause estimated $65M damage Updated: Apr-30-15 10:23 am
AUSTIN, Texas - An insurance group says last weekend's storms across north and central parts of Texas have caused at least $65 million in damage to vehicles.
- Trooper reprimanded for photo with Snoop Dogg sues bosses Updated: Apr-29-15 3:45 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A Texas trooper has sued his bosses after being reprimanded over his photo with rapper Snoop Dogg at South by Southwest.
- Texas House OKs reporting mandate on pregnant prisoners Updated: Apr-29-15 2:52 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas sheriffs could soon have to produce detailed reports on how they treat pregnant inmates under a bipartisan bill that has won preliminary House approval.
- My Fit Foods founder charged with cocaine possession Updated: Apr-29-15 6:59 am
AUSTIN, Texas - The founder of Austin-based company My Fit Foods has been arrested for public intoxication and charged with cocaine possession.
- Nurse dies in fall from hoist on Texas medical helicopter Updated: Apr-28-15 3:01 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A nurse died after falling from a hoist on a medical helicopter while rescuing a woman from a hiking trail in Austin, emergency personnel said Tuesday.
- Juror No. 15: Texas Gov. Abbott reports to Austin jury duty Updated: Apr-27-15 7:08 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Republican Gov. Greg Abbott's return to a courtroom had nothing to do with suing Washington.
- Prescription drug deaths in Texas vastly undercounted Updated: Apr-26-15 1:43 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Prescription drug deaths in Texas have been widely undercounted even as officials try to crack down on overprescribing and prescription drug-dealing.
- Television winners in Texas AP Broadcasters contest Updated: Apr-25-15 10:38 pm
Radio Spot News Coverage/Station: KRLD, Dallas-Fort Worth. Staff. Severe Weather in North Texas
- Winners in annual Texas AP Broadcasters contests Updated: Apr-25-15 10:37 pm
- New Texas AP Broadcasters board of directors Updated: Apr-25-15 3:46 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Here is the 2015-2016 Texas Associated Press Broadcaters board of directors, as elected Saturday during the group's convention in Austin.
- Texas GOP bills denounced by gay rights groups stagnant Updated: Apr-24-15 10:13 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Proposals that critics say could be used to discriminate against gays have largely gone nowhere in the Texas Legislature, a bastion of conservatives, and some gay rights activists believe a big reason is because of the backlash over religious objection laws passed in Arkansas and Indiana.
- 3 kidnap Austin man they confuse for suspected drug dealer Updated: Apr-24-15 2:26 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Authorities say three men mistakenly kidnapped an Austin man they apparently confused for a suspected drug dealer.
- Texan convicted in death of estranged wife, body never found Updated: Apr-24-15 12:56 am
AUSTIN, Texas - A Central Texas man has been convicted of murder in the death of his estranged wife who's been missing since 2010.
- Chief defends officer's takedown of drunken woman Updated: Apr-23-15 6:19 pm
ROUND ROCK, Texas - A Texas police chief is denying that one of his officers used excessive force when he tackled a drunken woman in a parking lot.
- Convicted triple killer from Austin loses federal appeal Updated: Apr-23-15 11:04 am
HOUSTON - A divided federal appeals court panel again has refused an appeal from a condemned triple killer in Austin who argues his previous attorney abandoned him and missed a critical deadline for filing an appeal.
- Some officers looking to body cameras on their own Updated: Apr-23-15 8:31 am
NEW RICHMOND, Ohio - The dramatic body camera video shows the slaying suspect charging at the officer, screaming - pleading, even - for him to open fire.
- Austin police recover stolen Gibson guitar, swiped in 2009 Updated: Apr-22-15 10:29 am
AUSTIN, Texas - A Central Texas police officer who knows his way around guitars has helped recover an instrument stolen in 2009 from a musician after a show.
- Lions release Rodney Austin after assault charges Updated: Apr-21-15 6:55 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - The Detroit Lions released guard Rodney Austin on Tuesday, four days after police in Charlotte, North Carolina, charged him with assault on a female and assault on a child under 12.