- Texas energy grid operator urges conservation on hot days Updated: Jul-30-15 11:46 am
AUSTIN, Texas - The grid operator for Texas has urged conservation during peak electric demand hours of the hot summer.
- Players who need to finally show their worth in 2015 Updated: Jul-30-15 2:57 am
Alshon Jeffery proved himself last year as a prime target in Chicago. Everson Griffen showed his stuff as a sackmaster in Minnesota.
- Whole Foods: Sales hurt by bad publicity from overcharging Updated: Jul-29-15 7:40 pm
NEW YORK - Whole Foods is feeling pinched after New York City officials found it was overcharging customers.
- Austin shoplifting suspect allegedly hit employee with car Updated: Jul-29-15 3:35 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A Texas woman accused of shoplifting and hitting a store worker with her car then allegedly called 911 to complain about the customer service.
- Austin doctor gets 10 years in prison for Medicare fraud Updated: Jul-28-15 8:41 am
HOUSTON - An Austin physician has been sentenced to 10 years in federal prison and must repay $1.2 million for Medicare fraud.
- Police: Full impact of Austin's hands-free law still unclear Updated: Jul-27-15 12:26 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Austin police say it's still too early to determine the full impact the city's ban on cellphone use while driving is having on traffic crashes.
- Austin officer not prosecuted in 2014 killing of gunman Updated: Jul-23-15 2:52 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - An Austin police officer will not be prosecuted for killing a gunman who shot up some downtown buildings and tried to burn the Mexican Consulate.
- 18-year-old woman dies after being rescued from Lake Travis Updated: Jul-23-15 2:53 am
AUSTIN, Texas - An 18-year-old woman has died after being rescued from Lake Travis in Austin.
- Texan allegedly beat toddler, pulled tooth over potty issues Updated: Jul-22-15 2:57 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - An Austin man has been accused of beating his year-old daughter and yanking out one of her teeth over potty training failures.
- Austin police officer fired for 2nd time since 2013 Updated: Jul-22-15 6:26 am
AUSTIN, Texas - An Austin police officer has been fired for the second time since 2013.
- Man charged in beating death of his boyfriend in Austin Updated: Jul-20-15 11:29 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A 20-year-old man has been charged with murder in the beating death of his boyfriend in Austin following a fight.
- Texas officials to vote on $1B for water projects Updated: Jul-20-15 7:50 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - State officials will decide later this week whether to approve $1 billion in loans and financial help to fund future water projects across Texas.
- Politicians, athletes promoted underqualified students to UT Updated: Jul-20-15 5:39 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - State lawmakers, wealthy donors, university regents and even current and former athletes wrote letters to top campus officials, helping otherwise underqualified students win University of Texas admission, according to a newspaper report Monday.
- Austin police: More than 400 officers needed over 5 years Updated: Jul-20-15 8:59 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Police leaders in Austin want to add more than 400 officers to the force over the next five years, which is more than double what city officials anticipated adding just a year ago.
- Police: Suicide possibility in Texas cobra owner's death Updated: Jul-19-15 3:22 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Police are investigating whether an 18-year-old Texas pet shop worker who was believed to have been bitten by a cobra took his own life.
- 'Colton's Law' kept $3M but not child protection measures Updated: Jul-19-15 2:25 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas Department of Public Safety has received nearly $3 million to look for children in immediate danger even though state troopers won't actually be doing so, frustrating relatives of a slain toddler who teamed with lawmakers to create "Colton's Law."
- Court: Airlines get leeway when someone references a bomb Updated: Jul-17-15 10:24 am
NEW YORK - Airline employees cannot be held liable if they misinterpret a passenger's reference to a bomb as a threat when they report it to security authorities as long as their statements are not false on key facts, an appeals court said Thursday.
- Austin police officer suspended after 5 on-duty crashes Updated: Jul-17-15 2:43 am
AUSTIN, Texas - An Austin police officer has been suspended for three days after officials say he repeatedly failed to follow protocol after being involved in five on-duty car crashes in one year.
- Abbott accosted by traveler angered over gay-marriage stance Updated: Jul-16-15 2:11 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A traveler at a New York airport accosted Texas Gov. Greg Abbott over his opposition to gay marriage as Abbott was waiting with his family to board a flight to Austin.
- Woman deemed oldest US veteran set for flight to meet Obama Updated: Jul-16-15 12:56 pm
DETROIT - A 110-year-old woman believed to be the nation's oldest veteran is preparing to visit Washington on an honorary trip that includes meeting President Barack Obama. There's just one glitch: She wants a jacket to wear with her official trip T-shirt, because she doesn't have "Michelle Obama arms."
- Austin officer makes cellphone stop, helps choking driver Updated: Jul-14-15 2:17 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A Texas police officer who pulled over a driver for illegal use of a cellphone ended up helping the woman, who was trying to call 911 while choking.
- Honeybees moved from exterior of 11th floor of Austin hotel Updated: Jul-13-15 3:12 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Some honeybees have a penthouse view from an Austin hotel after their hive was moved from outside the 11th floor to the top of the building.
- Honeybees moved from exterior of 11th floor of Austin hotel Updated: Jul-13-15 8:54 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Some honeybees have a penthouse view from an Austin hotel after their hive was moved from outside the 11th floor to atop the building.
- Police: Austin officer fatally shoots armed, fleeing man Updated: Jul-12-15 6:29 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Police in Austin are investigating the shooting death of an armed man by an officer after the man fled during questioning.
- Austin man dies from lacerations after falling overboard Updated: Jul-12-15 1:19 pm
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - Authorities are trying to determine how an Austin man fell from a boat off the Texas coast and received fatal lacerations.