- Water restored to Texas town of Bartlett, boil order remains Updated: Feb-09-16 11:42 am
BARTLETT, Texas - Water service has been restored to a Central Texas town following pump problems but a boil drinking water notice remains in effect.
- Austin officer fatally shoots man found naked in street Updated: Feb-08-16 3:01 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Police say a man has died after being shot by an Austin officer responding to a call of a suspicious person acting aggressively in a neighborhood.
- Felix scores 20 to lead Texas over Texas Tech 69-59 Updated: Feb-06-16 5:12 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas Longhorns keep rolling along. Next stop: right up the road at No. 1 Oklahoma.
- Texas standardized test panel asked to consider online exam Updated: Feb-06-16 3:18 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A panel considering updates to standardized tests for Texas students received suggestions ranging from offering the exams online to no longer requiring students to pass the tests to graduate from high school, a newspaper reported.
- TCU vs. Texas game moved to Friday after Thanksgiving Updated: Feb-05-16 12:49 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Big 12 has moved the TCU-Texas football game to the Friday after Thanksgiving, instead of playing on the holiday.
- TCU-Texas game on Thanksgiving changed to day later Updated: Feb-05-16 12:02 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The TCU-Texas football game originally scheduled for Thanksgiving Day in Austin has been moved to a day later - a Friday.
- Health officials: Zika virus case confirmed in Travis County Updated: Feb-05-16 4:28 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Health officials say a travel-related case of Zika virus has been confirmed in Travis County.
- Some Texans worry about expanding sewage treatment plant Updated: Feb-04-16 3:28 pm
DRIPPING SPRINGS, Texas - From his rolling Hill Country spread, Wes Pitts can watch changes in gray-green Onion Creek as it riffles by.
- 5 from Mexico face charges in Texas in $9M tax refund scam Updated: Feb-04-16 8:39 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Investigators say five people from Mexico have been indicted in Texas over a $9 million income tax refund scam with ties to Georgia.
- Study: Texas birth control fell after Planned Parenthood cut Updated: Feb-03-16 6:18 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A study found that Texas saw a drop in women obtaining long-acting birth control after Republican leaders booted Planned Parenthood from a state women's health program in 2013, which researchers said may explain an increase in births among poor families.
- American accused of running over Aruba female cab driver Updated: Feb-03-16 4:22 pm
ORANJESTAD, Aruba - An American real estate worker has been arrested on suspicion of beating, running over and threatening to rape a 70-year-old female taxi driver in the Dutch Caribbean island of Aruba.
- Serenity Now: Austin's Elisabet Ney Museum evokes a past era Updated: Feb-02-16 5:20 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Four miles from the bustling state capitol, a castle-like structure sits in a corner of Austin's Hyde Park neighborhood. It's built from white stones, complete with columns and a square tower. Out front, a field of native greenery teeming with tall purple and yellow wildflowers seems to have been lifted from the Texas plains and left to grow as nature intended.
- Driver ticketed in Austin doing 117 mph in rush hour Updated: Jan-25-16 8:21 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Austin police say a driver has been charged with reckless driving after he was clocked doing 117 mph during rush hour.
- Judge shooting reveals gaps in threats against court system Updated: Jan-24-16 1:27 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The shooting of a Texas judge in the driveway of her Austin home has exposed inconsistences statewide over how threats against the court system are handled and whether judges are made aware of potential danger, a newspaper reported Sunday.
- Austin police say 4 stabbed at apartments, no arrests Updated: Jan-23-16 4:29 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Authorities say four people have been stabbed while at an Austin apartment complex and police are trying to determine who attacked the victims.
- Austin woman guilty in corruption probe linked to Price Updated: Jan-22-16 3:28 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - An Austin businesswoman has been convicted of lying to federal agents in a public corruption probe linked to Dallas County Commissioner John Wiley Price.
- Cruz dons face paint in appeal to hunters, gun owners Updated: Jan-19-16 5:37 pm
WASHINGTON - It's an image football fans in Iowa are likely to see this weekend: Ted Cruz, his face smeared with black greasepaint, sitting in a Louisiana duck blind with a borrowed shotgun.
- Texas local governments interpret gun bans for courthouses Updated: Jan-18-16 12:55 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - An argument has emerged over a Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton ruling that could limit the ability of local governments to ban guns in courtrooms and a law that legislators say was meant to prohibit guns inside courthouses.
- Ledecky breaks own world record in women's 800 freestyle Updated: Jan-17-16 10:01 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Katie Ledecky was barely in the pool when American swim great Michael Phelps was asked about the precocious teenager who seems to mow down world records at will.
- Titans decide to keep interim Mike Mularkey as head coach Updated: Jan-16-16 7:07 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Titans are keeping Mike Mularkey as their coach.
- Texan gets 4 years, must repay nearly $1.5M in Ponzi scam Updated: Jan-16-16 10:09 am
AUSTIN, Texas - A Central Texas woman must serve four years in federal prison and repay nearly $1.5 million in a Ponzi scam involving pink diamonds and silver antiques.
- Cruz story about being passed over for job not whole story Updated: Jan-16-16 2:59 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Ted Cruz has said that after working on George W. Bush's 2000 campaign, being passed over for a senior position with the new administration was "a crushing blow." Turns out, it was his own choice.
- Suspect pursued after Texas bank robbery dies in wreck Updated: Jan-15-16 6:12 pm
DEANVILLE, Texas - Investigators say a 41-year-old man suspected of robbing a Central Texas bank and firing his gun while leaving has died after his apparent getaway vehicle rolled.
- Texas court starts voiding Internet 'dirty talk' convictions Updated: Jan-14-16 6:07 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A Texas court that ruled a law clamping down on Internet dirty talk could deem illegal everything from "50 Shades of Grey" to videos of Miley Cyrus twerking is starting to throw out convictions.
- Teenager dies after Jeep flips, catches fire in South Austin Updated: Jan-13-16 7:58 am
AUSTIN, Texas - A teenage boy has died in a vehicle fire in South Austin.