- Oklahoma, Texas governors make "bets" on Red River Rivalry Updated: Oct-09-15 12:00 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin and Texas Gov. Greg Abbott are waging charity "bets" on the Red River Rivalry game between the Oklahoma Sooners and the Texas Longhorns.
- Texas coach Charlie Strong making promises, can he deliver? Updated: Oct-07-15 4:59 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Shortly after 11 a.m. on Nov. 17, 2014, Texas coach Charlie Strong made a promise: five-loss seasons would "never happen again" in the Longhorns program.
- Judge recognizes 1st common-law same-sex marriage in Texas Updated: Oct-06-15 8:25 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A judge has become the first to officially recognize a common-law same-sex marriage in Texas.
- Texas birth certificate denials for US-born kids get hearing Updated: Oct-02-15 6:24 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Lawyers for immigrant families denied birth certificates for U.S.-born children by Texas health officials told a federal judge Friday that a state agency must provide another option if certain forms of foreign-issued identification cannot be accepted.
- Ceremony Saturday for Buffalo Bayou Park in Houston Updated: Oct-01-15 2:46 pm
HOUSTON - Buffalo Bayou has been abused almost from the moment the Allen brothers came ashore in 1836. Cypresses that helped secure the banks were logged early on, and for most of the 20th century, the polluted waterway reeked.
- NTSB: 3 skydivers safely jumped before Texas plane crash Updated: Oct-01-15 8:32 am
LEXINGTON, Texas - Federal investigators say three people safely parachuted from a skydiving school aircraft before the single-engine plane crashed in Texas, killing the pilot.
- Dewhurst, Houston oilman settle lawsuit over funds Updated: Sep-30-15 2:11 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Former Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst has settled a lawsuit he filed against a Houston oilman over disputed funds linked to an imprisoned ex-political adviser.
- Wendy Davis formally endorsing Clinton presidential bid Updated: Sep-30-15 1:35 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Former state senator and failed Democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis is formally endorsing Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential bid.
- Cruz announces endorsements of 41 Texas state lawmakers Updated: Sep-30-15 1:14 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Home-state presidential hopeful and U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz says he's secured endorsements from 36 Republican Texas state representatives and five state senators.
- Texas kayaker snags owl while fishing, bird snatches lure Updated: Sep-30-15 12:18 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A Texas fisherman had an unexpected catch when an owl swooped down, snatched a lure and got caught on the hook.
- 2 plead not guilty to murder of UCLA student found in fire Updated: Sep-30-15 12:33 am
LOS ANGELES - Two 22-year-old men fatally stabbed a University of California, Los Angeles student before setting her apartment on fire, prosecutors said Tuesday.
- El Paso abortion clinic reopens amid Texas court battles Updated: Sep-29-15 3:20 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - An El Paso clinic shuttered by Texas' tough 2013 abortion law reopened Tuesday, the first in the state to do so since the U.S. Supreme Court temporarily blocked enforcement of some key restrictions three months ago.
- Texas alcohol regulators do nearly 15K undercover operations Updated: Sep-29-15 8:05 am
AUSTIN, Texas - A push by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission for more undercover operations has led to citations for nearly 1,600 violations.
- Opal dispute involves Austin, Texas, and Adelaide, Australia Updated: Sep-28-15 6:48 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Where to begin with this story?
- Referendum would let top Texas officials live outside Austin Updated: Sep-27-15 9:06 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Top Republicans sometimes grouse about having to live in liberal-leaning Austin, the capital of America's largest conservative state but something of a blue hole to much of the rest of Texas' red doughnut.
- Texas kicked again in 30-27 loss to No. 24 Oklahoma State Updated: Sep-26-15 9:38 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Kicked again.
- Late field goal lifts No. 24 Oklahoma State over Texas 30-27 Updated: Sep-26-15 9:00 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Once again a visiting team was getting ready for overtime, only to have Texas hand them a special teams gift and a victory.
- Austin officials consider purchasing more solar power Updated: Sep-25-15 11:01 am
AUSTIN, Texas - The Austin City Council next month faces a vote on a large utility-scale solar contract to use more renewable resources and balance the increased cost to customers.
- The Latest: Texas football coach denies wanting to hurt ref Updated: Sep-24-15 7:08 pm
ROUND ROCK, Texas - The latest developments on two Texas high school football players who deliberately hit a referee during a game: (all times local)
- Texas football coach accused of ordering referee hit resigns Updated: Sep-24-15 6:51 pm
ROUND ROCK, Texas - A Texas high school football coach accused of ordering players to knock down a referee who allegedly hurled racial insults at the team has resigned, and state officials warned Thursday that punishments to others may be coming.
- Suspect in deadly South By Southwest crash pleads not guilty Updated: Sep-24-15 2:55 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The suspect in a deadly crash at the South By Southwest festival in Austin, Texas, has pleaded not guilty to capital murder and murder charges.
- AP Interview: Patty Griffin uses grief on 'Servant of Love' Updated: Sep-24-15 8:26 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Songwriter Patty Griffin isn't discussing her breakup with Robert Plant, and anyone mining for clues in her new album, "Servant of Love," should beware: Even Griffin is still deciphering the lyrics.
- Driver held after vehicle goes through Texas Capitol fence Updated: Sep-23-15 2:28 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Austin police say a man faces drunken driving and evading arrest charges after his car crashed through a fence outside the Texas Capitol.
- Texas trooper fatally shoots man near hospital in Paris Updated: Sep-22-15 3:20 pm
PARIS, Texas - A trooper in Northeast Texas has fatally shot a combative man during a fight that left the officer hurt.
- Survey: 1 in 4 college women report unwanted sexual contact Updated: Sep-21-15 4:02 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Nearly a quarter of undergraduate women surveyed at more than two dozen universities say they experienced unwanted sexual contact sometime during college, according to a report released Monday.