- Woman gets 24 years in jail for fatal push in NY subway Updated: May-20-15 9:43 pm
NEW YORK - A woman who admitted to shoving a Hindu man off a New York City subway platform to his death in an attack motivated by religious animus has been sentenced to 24 years in prison.
- NY auditors nix cruise, booze, picnic bills Updated: May-20-15 10:42 am
ALBANY, New York - New Yorkers won't be picking up the entire tab for a state mental health contractor's two-day conference at a yacht club including a five-figure bill for alcohol or a staff picnic.
- NY regulators say 11 lenders to monitor vacant properties Updated: May-18-15 5:35 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York regulators said Monday that 11 lenders have agreed to monitor and maintain vacant properties in an effort to protect them and combat neighborhood blight.
- Officer: Midshipman killed in derailment was phenomenal man Updated: May-15-15 4:14 pm
- DA: Men stole 9 NYC houses, then rented or sold them Updated: May-14-15 1:41 pm
NEW YORK - Two Long Island men are accused of stealing nine houses in New York City and renting them out or selling them.
- Top court: NY drug law revisions also apply to parolees Updated: May-14-15 1:29 pm
ALBANY, New York - The 2009 revisions in the tough Rockefeller-era drug laws also apply to parolees, who can seek shorter sentences, New York's highest court ruled Thursday.
- NYPD visits upstate town for missing person case from '87 Updated: May-14-15 8:26 am
SALEM, New York - Detectives from the New York Police Department have visited a rural upstate town as part of their investigation into the disappearance of a Queens man nearly 30 years ago.
- NYC man gets prison for killing love rival Updated: May-14-15 6:01 am
NEW YORK - A Queens man convicted of murder for bludgeoning a love rival will spend 36 years to life behind bars.
- Why Jamie Lee Curtis decided to do TV Updated: May-12-15 6:27 pm
NEW YORK - Jamie Lee Curtis says her reason for taking a role in Fox's upcoming horror comedy "Scream Queens" is simple.
- Latest on NYPD funeral: Officer promoted posthumously Updated: May-08-15 5:26 pm
- At New York officer's funeral, police reflect on tough time Updated: May-08-15 3:46 pm
SEAFORD, New York - Thousands of police from around the country spilled out of a church into the streets surrounding a slain New York City officer's funeral on Friday, calling for respect and understanding at a time when law enforcement is being deeply scrutinized.
- Coyote sighted near LaGuardia Airport Updated: May-08-15 7:05 am
NEW YORK - Officials say another coyote has been spotted in New York City, this time near LaGuardia Airport.
- New York legislator faces jail for false expense claims Updated: May-07-15 1:47 pm
ALBANY, New York - A longtime state assemblyman from New York City pleaded guilty Thursday to theft and fraud charges, admitting in federal court that he submitted at least $40,000 in false expense vouchers for days he didn't actually travel to Albany.
- Police break up US-Italy drug ring run out of NYC pizzeria Updated: May-07-15 1:35 pm
ROME - By night, the Calabrian immigrant family served up piping-hot pizza. After hours, Italian and U.S. authorities say, the restaurant in the New York borough of Queens was busy filling other orders - allegedly running a cocaine trafficking ring that spanned three continents.
- Man admits pointing laser at aircraft near New York airport Updated: May-05-15 8:25 pm
NEW YORK - A man who aimed a laser pointer at planes near LaGuardia Airport pleaded guilty to a new federal charge on Tuesday.
- Gun in officer's slaying 9th from Georgia heist found in NY Updated: May-05-15 7:15 pm
NEW YORK - A handgun used to fatally shoot a New York Police Department officer a few days ago was among 23 stolen from a Georgia pawn shop and is the ninth to be recovered on the city's streets.
- Macy's to open first 4 test off-price stores in NYC Updated: May-05-15 10:01 am
NEW YORK - Macy's Inc. says it has named its new discount stores Macy's Backstage, and says first of the four test stores will open this fall in New York City.
- Washington County chess academy builds focus, confidence Updated: May-03-15 10:13 am
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - On any given Sunday, many kids can be found lounging at home playing video games, watching TV or playing with friends, but for one group of children, weekend afternoons have been spent learning the game of chess.
- Low milk prices, glutted market put strain on dairy farmers Updated: May-03-15 9:16 am
WEST CHARLTON, New York - In an online profile of "Our Farmers," New York City milk bottler Elmhurst Dairy tells the story of how David Wood bought his first two calves as a part-time hobby in 1970 and grew his Saratoga County farm to more than a thousand Holsteins, whose milk is trucked every day to its plant in Queens.
- The Latest: NYPD says shot-at officer was clearly a cop Updated: May-03-15 2:11 am
- Panel recommends sweeping changes at NY's LaGuardia Airport Updated: Apr-30-15 6:23 pm
NEW YORK - A design panel commissioned by New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who has vowed to renovate the decrepit LaGuardia International Airport, has recommended sweeping changes including the creation of a "great hall" that would serve as the main entrance to travelers at the much-derided facility.
- Agony grows among Nepalese in US as quake death toll rises Updated: Apr-30-15 5:52 pm
NEW YORK - As the days trickle by after the devastating earthquake in Nepal, the silence has brought agony for Nepalese-Americans still waiting to hear the fate of their loved ones.
- New York nurse charged in scalding death of toddler Updated: Apr-30-15 12:51 pm
NEW YORK - A New York nurse has been charged in the killing of a developmentally disabled toddler who was submerged in scalding bath water.
- JetBlue shares soar to 11-year high on strong earnings Updated: Apr-28-15 12:09 pm
NEW YORK - Shares of JetBlue Airways jumped to an 11-year high Tuesday as the airline reported better-than-expected results for its first quarter, thanks to lower fuel prices and higher demand for its flights.
- Man busted at LaGuardia Airport with 18 pounds of pot Updated: Apr-26-15 7:46 pm
NEW YORK - Authorities say a man trying to board a flight at LaGuardia Airport was arrested after 18 pounds of marijuana was discovered in his checked baggage.