- NYPD looking for suspect who burned religious flags Updated: Nov-29-15 11:21 am
NEW YORK - The New York Police Department is looking for a man they say set fire to 40 religious flags outside a home in Queens.
- 2 dead after car crash on NYC parkway Updated: Nov-27-15 6:33 am
NEW YORK - The NYPD says two men are dead after a car rear-ended a truck that was stopped on the shoulder of the Grand Central Parkway in Astoria, Queens.
- Baby's death classified homicide, arrest made Updated: Nov-24-15 7:45 am
NEW YORK - The NYPD has arrested a 29-year-old man in connection with the death of a baby earlier this year.
- 38-year-old man fatally shot in Queens Updated: Nov-21-15 9:37 am
NEW YORK - A 38-year-old man has been fatally shot in Queens.
- Duke's Coach K, Queens' Coach K presented Lapchick Award Updated: Nov-20-15 7:18 pm
NEW YORK - Duke's Mike Krzyzewski and women's basketball trailblazer Lucille Kyvallos of Queens College have won the Lapchick Character Award.
- Port Authority leadership in flux as CEO search strikes out Updated: Nov-19-15 7:27 pm
NEW YORK - The future leadership of the region's largest transportation authority was uncertain Thursday as Port Authority of New York and New Jersey officials announced that the search to fill the newly created position of CEO had come up empty and the process would be extended.
- Sengfelder, Fordham ease by Division II Queens College 76-57 Updated: Nov-17-15 9:35 pm
NEW YORK - Christian Sengfelder had 17 points and eight rebounds, Ryan Rhoomes added 14 points and eight boards, and Fordham beat Division II Queens College 76-57 on Tuesday night.
- Report: Plane's parachute partially deployed in crash Updated: Nov-17-15 8:27 am
RYE, New Hampshire - A preliminary report on a small plane crash in waters off New York City that killed the pilot says the parachute was found separated from the rest of the aircraft and was partially deployed.
- DA: 2 arrested in marijuana bust near Kennedy Airport Updated: Nov-12-15 7:45 pm
NEW YORK - Prosecutors say two men have been arrested after authorities found more than 800 pounds of marijuana in a rented truck that was stopped after making an illegal turn near New York's Kennedy Airport.
- NYPD: Man helped pair of suspects attack, rob his roommate Updated: Nov-11-15 5:25 am
NEW YORK - The NYPD says they've arrested a man for helping a pair of men armed with stun guns and knives rob and attack his roommate in Queens last month.
- Man, 90, dies in Queens fire Updated: Nov-10-15 7:49 am
NEW YORK - Authorities say a house fire in Queens has claimed the life of a 90-year-old resident.
- Fire rips through 2-story house under construction in Queens Updated: Nov-09-15 6:15 am
NEW YORK - Authorities say a massive fire ripped through a two-story home that was under construction in New York City.
- Family says man killed in plane crash was from New Hampshire Updated: Nov-06-15 10:46 pm
RYE, New Hampshire - The family of a New Hampshire businessman confirmed Friday that he was the pilot who died when a small plane crashed in waters off New York City.
- NYPD: Vehicle fatally strikes woman, flees the scene Updated: Nov-06-15 4:27 am
NEW YORK - The NYPD says a woman is dead after a vehicle hit her in Queens and fled the scene.
- NYPD: Body found in airplane debris in waters off Queens Updated: Nov-04-15 11:35 pm
NEW YORK - Police say they have recovered a male body in the wreckage of a small plane that reportedly went down in the Atlantic Ocean off Queens.
- Tunnel to Grand Central rolling along at $1M per foot Updated: Nov-04-15 10:38 pm
NEW YORK - A massive new commuter rail project below New York City's Grand Central Terminal - one of the nation's largest transportation upgrades - is slowly rolling forward, including a tunnel costing $1 million per foot, the chief engineer said Wednesday.
- Vermont man arrested at JFK Airport carrying multiple knives Updated: Nov-04-15 10:36 pm
NEW YORK - Port Authority police say they arrested a man at JFK Airport after screeners found multiple knives and a stun gun in his luggage.
- Former chief executive files lawsuit against Queens Library Updated: Nov-03-15 6:23 am
NEW YORK - The former Queens Library chief executive says in a lawsuit he was fired without cause over alleged improper spending.
- Long Island bridge named in honor of slain officer Updated: Nov-02-15 4:01 am
BELLEROSE TERRACE, New York - Officials have dedicated a Long Island bridge to a Nassau County police officer who was fatally shot in the line of duty three years ago.