- Sevilla hosts Fiorentina, Napoli vs Dnipro in Europa League Updated: May-05-15 8:18 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Titleholder Sevilla will look to start another home winning streak when it hosts Italian side Fiorentina in the Europa League semifinals on Thursday.
- Juventus tops Real Madrid 2-1 as Champions semifinals start Updated: May-05-15 6:39 pm
TURIN, Italy - Gianluigi Buffon could not bring himself to watch.
- Juventus beats Real Madrid 2-1 in 1st leg of CL semifinal Updated: May-05-15 6:11 pm
TURIN, Italy - Former Real Madrid forward Alvaro Morata came back to haunt his old club as he sent Juventus on its way to a 2-1 victory over the holders in the first leg of their Champions League semifinal on Tuesday.
- The Latest: Juventus beats Real Madrid 2-1 in semifinal Updated: May-05-15 4:51 pm
TURIN, Italy - 10:43 p.m.
- 1 Spaniard confirmed dead in Nepal earthquake, officials say Updated: May-05-15 9:50 am
Madrid - The Spanish Foreign Ministry says one Spaniard has died in the earthquake that devastated Nepal late last month.
- Williams beats Stephens, advances to Madrid Open 3rd round Updated: May-04-15 4:08 pm
- Barcelona faces Bayern, old coach Guardiola in CL semifinal Updated: May-03-15 7:15 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Pep Guardiola, the former player who coached Barcelona to 14 titles including two European Cups, makes his highly anticipated return to Camp Nou on Wednesday at the helm of new club Bayern Munich in the Champions League semifinals.
- Chelsea enjoys smooth ride to the Premier League title Updated: May-03-15 10:50 am
From its pre-season transfer dealings to the form of key players and the team's performance in the Champions League, Chelsea couldn't have wished for a smoother campaign in the Premier League.
- Juventus wins Serie A title, Ronaldo and Suarez star Updated: May-02-15 6:11 pm
Juventus wrapped up its fourth consecutive Serie A title Saturday, giving the Italian powerhouse the domestic crown it has dominated all season in time for its Champions League semifinal against Real Madrid.
- Beckham's influence grows as former soccer star turns 40 Updated: May-01-15 11:00 am
- World No 1 Novak Djokovic withdraws from Madrid Open Updated: Apr-30-15 6:54 pm
MADRID - The ATP says world No. 1 and former champion Novak Djokovic has withdrawn from next week's Madrid Open without elaborating, and will return to competition the following week in Rome, where he is the defending champion.
- Spain approves new law governing sale of soccer TV rights Updated: Apr-30-15 5:24 pm
MADRID - A new Spanish law governing the sale of television rights to broadcast soccer games and the distribution of the income, was approved by the government on Thursday.
- Villarreal goalie Asenjo out for 7 months after knee injury Updated: Apr-30-15 1:14 pm
MADRID - Villarreal goalkeeper Sergio Asenjo has ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee and will likely be sidelined for seven months, the club said on Thursday.
- Ronaldo will get another chance to score at Sevilla Updated: Apr-30-15 7:21 am
MADRID - A seemingly frustrated Cristiano Ronaldo will get another chance to score some goals on Saturday at Sevilla.
- Chelsea beats Leicester 3-1, a win away from league title Updated: Apr-29-15 8:05 pm
Chelsea rallied to beat Leicester 3-1 on Wednesday to move within three points of winning the Premier League.
- Real Madrid denies reports of transfer ban by FIFA Updated: Apr-29-15 8:05 am
MADRID - Real Madrid has denied a Spanish media report saying FIFA would punish the team for breaking rules regarding the signing of youth players.
- Algeria, the world's most open league title race? Updated: Apr-28-15 2:11 pm
PARIS - With four matches to go in Algeria's top flight, last-place NA Hussein Dey can still dream of a great end to the season, while league leader ES Setif could yet tumble way down the table.
- Javier Hernandez, Bayern Munich lead AP Global Football 10 Updated: Apr-28-15 12:45 pm
LONDON - Bayern Munich returned to the top of the Associated Press Global Football 10 on Tuesday after securing a place in the semifinals of the Champions League and winning the German Bundesliga for the 25th time.
- Judge to probe Andorra bank Spanish unit for laundering Updated: Apr-28-15 7:07 am
MADRID - A Spanish investigative magistrate has opened a probe into possible money laundering at Banco de Madrid SA, a unit of Andorra's Banca Privada d'Andorra accused by the U.S. of helping groups from China, Russia and Venezuela launder money.
- Barcelona to meet Bayern, Juventus gets Madrid in semifinals Updated: Apr-24-15 8:12 am
NYON, Switzerland - In a pairing of coach Pep Guardiola's past and present teams, Barcelona will play Bayern Munich in the Champions League semifinals.
- Champions League Draw List Updated: Apr-24-15 7:29 am
NYON, Switzerland - Draw Friday for the semifinals of the Champions League:
- Spain: Court rejects extradition to US of ex-JPMorgan trader Updated: Apr-23-15 9:53 am
MADRID - Spain's National Court has rejected the extradition to the United States of a former JPMorgan Chase & Co. trader wanted for allegedly falsifying bank records, but said the U.S. can take legal action against him in Spain.
- Hernandez goal puts Real Madrid into Champions League semis Updated: Apr-22-15 5:02 pm
- Spain recalls ambassador to Venezuela for talks Updated: Apr-22-15 10:11 am
MADRID - Spain on Wednesday recalled its ambassador to Venezuela for consultations, a day after Venezuela's leader accused Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy of backing a conspiracy to overthrow his government.
- UEFA confirms new Champions League seeding system Updated: Apr-22-15 7:05 am
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA has published Champions League regulations for next season confirming a seeding change to reward national league winners.