- Ronaldo scores twice to lead Madrid to 4-2 win over Bilbao Updated: Feb-13-16 12:26 pm
- Protesters in Spain urge puppeteers' acquittal on charges Updated: Feb-13-16 12:15 pm
MADRID - Around 600 protesters have marched through the southern Spanish city of Granada calling for charges to be dropped against two puppeteers jailed for allegedly praising terrorism.
- Barcelona-Real Madrid rivalry spills into Copa del Rey final Updated: Feb-12-16 2:55 pm
MADRID - The rivalry between Real Madrid and Barcelona has spilled into the Copa del Rey final, a match in which Madrid isn't even playing.
- Marcelo could miss Champions League game because of injury Updated: Feb-09-16 1:58 pm
MADRID - Left back Marcelo is expected to miss Real Madrid's game against Roma in the knockout stage of the Champions League because of a right shoulder injury.
- Spain drops fraud investigation of former Mexico politician Updated: Feb-09-16 9:53 am
MADRID - Spain's National Court has dropped an investigation into a prominent former Mexican politician arrested last month in a corruption probe.
- Spain: Trash fire causes rail commuter chaos in Barcelona Updated: Feb-09-16 7:16 am
MADRID - Tens of thousands of commuters in the Spanish city of Barcelona suffered travel chaos Tuesday as smoke from a fire filled railway tunnels and forced authorities to suspend train service for several hours.
- Leicester beats City 3-1, Torres nets 100th Atletico goal Updated: Feb-06-16 7:36 pm
Leicester firmly underlined its Premier League title credentials with a 3-1 win at Manchester City on Saturday, while Atletico Madrid moved provisionally level on points with Barcelona at the top of the Spanish league by beating Eibar 3-1.
- Spain: Jet evacuated in Madrid after hoax threat Updated: Feb-04-16 3:55 pm
MADRID - Passengers on a jet set to leave Madrid for Saudi Arabia were evacuated Thursday after the pilot reported an unspecified threat that authorities later determined was a hoax.
- Brazilian company tells Neymar to come clean over transfer Updated: Feb-04-16 10:09 am
MADRID - The Brazilian company that says it hasn't been properly compensated for Neymar's transfer to Barcelona wants him to come clean and put an end to his judicial problems in Spain and Brazil.
- Quotes from voters in this week's AP Global Football 10 Updated: Feb-02-16 2:05 pm
LONDON - Quotes from voters in this week's Associated Press Global Football 10
- The Latest: Stoke signs $26m Imbula in winter's biggest deal Updated: Feb-01-16 6:03 pm
LONDON - The Latest on European soccer transfer deadline day (all times local):
- Spain court probes passports of 2 US basketball players Updated: Feb-01-16 1:38 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - A Spanish court is investigating the alleged use of false passports by two American basketball players.
- Spain: Police arrest 9 suspected members of PKK armed group Updated: Jan-27-16 9:49 am
MADRID - Police arrested nine suspected members of the Kurdish armed group PKK-KCK that operates in Syria and Turkey in raids in three Spanish cities Wednesday, the Interior Ministry said.
- Malaga defender Welington out with leg injury Updated: Jan-25-16 2:05 pm
MADRID - Malaga has confirmed its Brazilian defender Weligton sustained a muscle injury to his left leg during the club's 2-1 home loss to Barcelona at the weekend.
- Mascherano expected to avoid jail time in tax case Updated: Jan-21-16 2:13 pm
MADRID - Although he is not expected to serve any time in jail, Barcelona defender Javier Mascherano was handed a one-year prison sentence Thursday for not properly paying taxes in Spain.
- Atletico aims to stay atop in Spain with another home win Updated: Jan-21-16 11:19 am
MADRID - Victory for Atletico Madrid this weekend will keep Diego Simeone's team atop the Spanish league going into a much-anticipated encounter with second-place Barcelona.
- Cristiano Ronaldo says Zidane has raised Real Madrid spirits Updated: Jan-18-16 3:02 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid has trained hard under new coach Zinedine Zidane and recovered its enthusiasm following the departure of Rafa Benitez according to star forward Cristiano Ronaldo
- Bale, Benzema leave Madrid match with leg injures Updated: Jan-17-16 12:21 pm
MADRID - Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema both injured their right legs and needed to be substituted during Real Madrid's 5-1 win over Sporting Gijon in the Spanish league on Sunday.
- Former Mexico politician held in Spain on suspicion of fraud Updated: Jan-16-16 10:29 am
MADRID - A Spanish court has ruled that a prominent former Mexican politician who was arrested on a Spanish warrant should be held in custody while officers investigate alleged corruption.
- Spanish league defends local clubs after FIFA bans Updated: Jan-15-16 8:38 am
MADRID - As Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid prepare to appeal their transfer bans imposed by FIFA, the Spanish league has come out defending the local clubs and their history of protecting the rights of underage players.
- Copa del Rey quarters: Barcelona faces Athletic Bilbao again Updated: Jan-15-16 6:42 am
MADRID - Barcelona and Athletic Bilbao will meet in the quarterfinals of the Copa del Rey in a rematch of last year's final.
- FIFA imposes transfer ban on Real Madrid and Atletico Updated: Jan-14-16 2:31 pm
MADRID - FIFA banned Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid on Thursday from signing players in the next two transfer windows for breaching rules when registering players under the age of 18.
- A look at FIFA's transfer ban on Real Madrid and Atletico Updated: Jan-14-16 2:10 pm