- Bayern, Atletico Madrid reach Champions League QF Updated: Mar-11-14 6:14 pm
- Spain recalls Madrid train bombs a decade later Updated: Mar-11-14 1:36 pm
- Sociedad's 4th-place hopes hit by 3-2 loss to Rayo Updated: Mar-10-14 8:11 pm
- Flirting with drop, Getafe fires coach Luis Garcia Updated: Mar-10-14 8:32 am
- Tottenham living to regret sale of Gareth Bale Updated: Mar-10-14 5:15 am
- Man City ousted from FA Cup, Madrid rolls in Spain Updated: Mar-09-14 7:07 pm
- No complacency for Bayern, Barca in Champs League Updated: Mar-09-14 5:15 pm
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier dies Updated: Mar-09-14 11:44 am
- Barca stumble again, Chelsea marches on in England Updated: Mar-08-14 4:32 pm
- Madrid's Arbeloa to miss Levante match Updated: Mar-08-14 10:17 am
- 5 things to know about the Spanish league Updated: Mar-06-14 8:45 am
- Diego Costa fails to quell nerves in Spain debut Updated: Mar-06-14 2:14 am
- Pedro scores as Spain beats Italy 1-0 in friendly Updated: Mar-05-14 7:03 pm
- Madrid 1st in AP soccer poll, Robben top player Updated: Mar-04-14 4:50 pm
- Madrid 1st in AP football poll, Robben top player Updated: Mar-04-14 11:51 am
- World Cup teams mark 99 days to go with friendlies Updated: Mar-03-14 11:16 am
- Balotelli, De Rossi missing for Italy vs. Spain Updated: Mar-02-14 3:24 pm
- Spain: Body of Paco de Lucia arrives in Madrid Updated: Feb-28-14 1:15 pm
- Spain calls up Diego Costa for Italy friendly Updated: Feb-28-14 11:11 am
- Atletico's Miranda: Madrid game key to title hopes Updated: Feb-28-14 8:44 am
- Portugal coach hands 20-year-olds a 1st call-up Updated: Feb-28-14 8:18 am
- Madrid names street in honor of former Spain coach Updated: Feb-28-14 8:15 am
- Real outclasses Schalke 6-1 Updated: Feb-26-14 7:23 pm
- Barcelona coach Martino under fire Updated: Feb-26-14 11:08 am
- Aragones Ave. to accompany Atletico's new stadium Updated: Feb-26-14 10:41 am
MUNICH - Bastian Schweinsteiger scored in the 55th minute, and defending champion Bayern Munich tied Arsenal 1-1 Tuesday night to reach the Champions League quarterfinals on 3-1 aggregate.
MADRID - Spain's King Juan Carlos and Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy joined families of victims of the Madrid train bombings Tuesday for a 10th anniversary Mass in memory of one of Europe's deadliest terrorist attacks.
MADRID - Real Sociedad's hopes of returning to the Champions League next season took a hit on Monday after it fell 3-2 at home to bottom-of-the-table Rayo Vallecano in the Spanish league.
MADRID - Flirting with relegation, Getafe has fired coach Luis Garcia and appointed former player Cosmin Contra in a bid to halt a miserable run of form.
LONDON - Tottenham's gamble of selling Gareth Bale to Real Madrid and using the proceeds of the world-record fee to bolster its squad with a slew of new, expensive players has backfired.
Manchester City suffered an unceremonious exit from the FA Cup on Sunday, three days before it tries to overturn a 2-0 deficit at Barcelona in the Champions League.
LONDON - Protecting 2-0 leads from their last-16 first legs, Barcelona and Bayern Munich are huge favorites to advance in the Champions League this week when they play return matches at home.
BRUSSELS - Gerard Mortier, a Belgian opera director whose nonconformist style often grated the tradition-bound elite and who became a fiercely avant-garde impresario, has died. He was 70.
LONDON - Bayern Munich has virtually wrapped up the German title, the French championship is Paris Saint-Germain's to lose, and there's seemingly no stopping Chelsea's march to the English Premier League trophy.
MADRID - Real Madrid's advantage at the top of the Spanish league has been squeezed down to a single point over Barcelona, and Atletico Madrid is only three points behind.
MADRID - Overcome by nerves before his Spain debut, Diego Costa did little to shake them with his performance in Wednesday's 1-0 victory over Italy.
MADRID - Pedro Rodriguez stole the spotlight from debutant Diego Costa by scoring Spain's second-half winner in a 1-0 friendly victory over Italy on Wednesday in a rematch of the 2012 European Championship final.
LONDON - Real Madrid's 6-1 thrashing of Schalke followed by its 2-2 draw with La Liga title rival Atletico Madrid sent it to the top of this week's Associated Press global soccer poll.
LONDON - Real Madrid's 6-1 thrashing of Schalke followed by its 2-2 draw with La Liga title rival Atletico Madrid sent it to the top of this week's Associated Press global football poll.
LONDON - World Cup contenders will hope to find out this week if they are better prepared for the tournament than some of the Brazilian stadiums they will be playing in.
ROME - Mario Balotelli is out injured and Daniele De Rossi has been dropped due to a code of ethics violation for Italy's friendly at World Cup holder Spain on Wednesday.
MADRID - Spain has begun its formal mourning for world-renowned flamenco guitarist Paco de Lucia.
MADRID - Brazilian-born forward Diego Costa was called up by Spain on Friday for next week's friendly against Italy, and veteran strikers David Villa and Fernando Torres were not wanted.
LISBON, Portugal - Ivan Cavaleiro and Rafa, two of Portugal's best young players, have earned their first senior call-ups for next week's friendly against Cameroon.
MADRID - Madrid's city government has voted to name a street in honor of former Spain coach Luis Aragones.
GELSENKIRCHEN, Germany - Real Madrid staked its claim as the main challenger to Bayern Munich's supremacy in Europe with a 6-1 rout of Schalke on Wednesday.
BARCELONA, Spain - As if the off-field saga surrounding Neymar's transfer wasn't providing enough of a distraction, now even Barcelona coach Gerardo Martino is being questioned.
MADRID - The avenue giving way to Atletico Madrid's new stadium will be named after former Spain coach and club figure Luis Aragones, who died this month.