- Teen boat operator in fatal accident cited for infractions Updated: Jul-31-15 2:58 pm
GREENWICH, Connecticut - A teenage girl who operated a boat involved in a fatal accident on Long Island Sound last year has been cited for infractions and fined $150.
- Dredged materials dumped into Long Island Sound spur debate Updated: Jul-31-15 11:01 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A long-simmering dispute over dumping dredged materials from rivers and harbors into Long Island Sound has flared up again with a new federal plan to govern disposal sites.
- River, bay in Connecticut 'sick' from 'nuisance' algae Updated: Jul-25-15 3:06 am
STONINGTON, Connecticut - Wagging their wide tails as Kait Maginel and David Prescott tossed them back overboard, two lobsters that had shared a wire trap overnight with four spider crabs and a whelk had just been enlisted as ambassadors in the cause of cleaning up the lower Pawcatuck River and Little Narragansett Bay.
- Crown jewel of Connecticut state parks: Hammonasset Beach Updated: Jul-23-15 9:51 am
MADISON, Connecticut - Downtown Madison, Connecticut, has the feel of a beach town, though the beach itself is nearly 2 miles away.
- Shellfish industry, state seek common ground with new panel Updated: Jul-12-15 11:10 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut's shellfish industry that sees state regulators as heavy-handed is backing an advisory council established by the legislature to seek common ground.