- Hilderbran concedes GOP comptroller race to Hegar Updated: Mar-07-14 6:21 pm
- 3 dead in Houston house fire; police investigating Updated: Mar-07-14 6:06 pm
- Houston teen, 16, charged with abandoning newborn Updated: Mar-07-14 4:22 pm
- US rig count up 23 to 1,792 Updated: Mar-07-14 1:40 pm
- 2nd person gets prison in Texas investment fraud Updated: Mar-07-14 7:11 am
- Houston rodeo salutes McIntire with scholarship Updated: Mar-07-14 6:44 am
- Experts: Case of burned Texas boy problematic Updated: Mar-07-14 3:55 am
- New Texas abortion law closes 2 more clinics Updated: Mar-06-14 6:01 pm
- Madison rolls over Sam Houston 77-62 Updated: Mar-06-14 5:09 pm
- Houston hopes street closures get people moving Updated: Mar-06-14 4:53 pm
- Houston cop shoots burglar outside his home Updated: Mar-06-14 1:53 pm
- Stage Stores selling Steele's unit, charge hits 4Q Updated: Mar-06-14 8:31 am
- 1 man detained in alleged Houston-area pill mill Updated: Mar-06-14 7:46 am
- After primary victory, Texas' Davis faces big odds Updated: Mar-05-14 6:46 pm
- Texas teen gets NFL cheerleader for prom date Updated: Mar-05-14 4:46 pm
- Runoffs will decide several top statewide races Updated: Mar-05-14 3:13 am
- US Sen. Cornyn tops Stockman, wins GOP primary Updated: Mar-05-14 1:23 am
- Howard, Harden lead Rockets over Heat 106-103 Updated: Mar-05-14 12:08 am
- Patrick excited about lieutenant guv race runoff Updated: Mar-04-14 11:37 pm
- Houston has late run to beat South Florida 78-69 Updated: Mar-04-14 11:03 pm
- Dewhurst ready for runoff in lieutenant guv race Updated: Mar-04-14 10:26 pm
- Texas Democrats pick Houston for attorney general Updated: Mar-04-14 9:14 pm
- Texas Democrats nominate Collier for comptroller Updated: Mar-04-14 9:12 pm
- Man charged in 2004 Houston slaying of cousin, 10 Updated: Mar-04-14 2:11 pm
- Rodeo group looks to lasso youth as numbers drop Updated: Mar-04-14 1:35 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Katy Sen. Glenn Hegar captured the GOP nomination for Texas comptroller on Friday when state Rep. Harvey Hilderbran conceded the race, ending the need for a runoff.
HOUSTON - Three bodies have been recovered from the charred ruins of a house after flames swept through the structure in northeast Houston.
HOUSTON - Authorities say a Houston teenager has been charged with abandonment after her newborn was found last month discarded in a garbage bin at an apartment complex.
HOUSTON - Oilfield services company Baker Hughes Inc. says the number of rigs exploring for oil and natural gas in the U.S. increased by 23 this week to 1,792.
HOUSTON - A second person has been sentenced to prison and must repay nearly $10 million in a Texas-based life settlement investment fraud scheme.
HOUSTON - The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo has honored country star Reba McIntire with an annual scholarship to be given in her name.
CONROE, Texas - Now that prosecutors have persuaded a judge that a Texas man accused of setting an 8-year-old boy on fire as a teenager can be tried as an adult for murder, securing a conviction in a case where the victim died 13 years after the attack could prove difficult, legal experts say.
AUSTIN, Texas - The last abortion clinic in the vast, impoverished Rio Grande Valley closed Thursday, along with the sole remaining clinic in the 100-mile stretch between Houston and the Louisiana border, posing a tall obstacle to women seeking to end pregnancies across a wide swath of the nation's second-largest state.
AUSTIN, Texas - When he comes to Austin, Dallas Madison's Admon Gilder seems to glide across the court, scoring from just about anywhere and anytime he wants.
HOUSTON - Houston officials are adopting an idea that's been popular in San Antonio and some other cities: They plan to temporarily close busy streets to vehicles so people will explore neighborhoods by foot, bicycle and skateboard.
HOUSTON - Authorities say a Houston police officer shot dead one of three men who had broken into his townhome overnight.
HOUSTON - Stage Stores' fiscal fourth-quarter net income fell 30 percent, stung by a charge tied to the sale of its Steele's discount store division and softer revenue. Its adjusted earnings topped analysts' estimates.
HOUSTON - A drug raid on a Houston-area home has led to one arrest and thousands of illegal pills confiscated from inside a house coated with powder residue.
AUSTIN, Texas - After her easy victory in the Texas Democratic primary, Wendy Davis, one of the brightest stars of the 2014 campaign, is now embarking on her mission to win the governor's office and revive her party's fortunes in the heart of conservative America. Already, Texas politics has never seen anyone like her: a dynamo with a trailer park-to-Harvard Law story who makes nationwide donors swoon.
HOUSTON - It took 10,000 retweets but a Houston-area teenager got his dream date for the high school prom: A Houston Texans cheerleader.
AUSTIN, Texas - A scramble to fill statewide offices in one of the biggest turnovers in Texas government history began with Tuesday's primary, but several of the key contests will require runoffs to decide a final winner.
AUSTIN, Texas - U.S. Sen. John Cornyn trounced a conservative Texas congressman Tuesday night to claim the Republican nomination, a victory that could ease his path to re-election after some tea party activists targeted him as too moderate.
HOUSTON - LeBron James was wiped out - and it showed.
HOUSTON - Houston Sen. Dan Patrick says his strong showing in the GOP race for Texas lieutenant governor shows that the tea party is "alive and well" in the state.
HOUSTON - Danuel House had 17 points and nine rebounds as Houston used a late run to seal a 78-69 win over South Florida Tuesday to extend the Cougars' win streak to four games.
HOUSTON - Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst says he's confident he'll win a runoff against a state senator who is trying to unseat him from one of the most powerful offices in Texas state government.
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas Democrats have nominated Houston attorney Sam Houston for state attorney general.
AUSTIN, Texas - Houston businessman Mike Collier has clinched the Democratic nominee for Texas comptroller.
HOUSTON - A Mexican man has been extradited to Texas on a charge of killing his 10-year-old cousin when her family tried to kick him out of their home in 2004.
HOUSTON - Anyone asking Bobby Mote to recite the injuries he has suffered in his nearly 20 years as a professional bareback rider better plan to pull up a chair and sit a spell.