- Texans trade up again to get Notre Dame center Nick Martin Updated: Apr-29-16 9:32 pm
HOUSTON - The Houston Texans added another piece to their revamped offense led by new quarterback Brock Osweiler on Friday night by taking Notre Dame center Nick Martin in the second round of the NFL draft.
- Tornado damages buildings in East Texas Updated: Apr-29-16 9:05 pm
DALLAS - A tornado in East Texas caused severe damage and left some people injured Friday evening, as storms snaked their way across northern and eastern Texas and southern Oklahoma.
- Rockets must find coach in wake of first-round ouster Updated: Apr-29-16 7:32 pm
HOUSTON - The Houston Rockets' season got off to a disappointing start.
- Huge fireball in gas explosion burns homes, fleeing man Updated: Apr-29-16 7:29 pm
GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania - A natural gas pipeline exploded in a towering, roaring fireball Friday, destroying a home several hundred yards away, damaging at least three others and creating waves of intense heat that burned a fleeing homeowner as he ran down a road, authorities said.
- Texas court blocks Houston from using tougher clean-air laws Updated: Apr-29-16 5:42 pm
HOUSTON - Houston's efforts to use local clean air laws to regulate pollution in the home of the nation's largest petrochemical complex were halted Friday by a Texas Supreme Court ruling in favor of energy and chemical companies that claimed the city had overreached.
- Texas schools spare no expense for huge football stadiums Updated: Apr-29-16 1:20 pm
DALLAS - A suburban Dallas school district grabbed national attention in 2012 when it opened an eye-popping $60 million high school football stadium.
- NFL Draft: Players selected in the first round Updated: Apr-28-16 11:44 pm
The players selected in the first round of the NFL draft Thursday night in Chicago:
- Texas' fetal tissue research questioned before court hearing Updated: Apr-28-16 5:19 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas legislators who passed one of the nation's toughest abortion laws turned their attention to fetal tissue research Thursday, ahead of a Houston court appearance by two anti-abortion activists on charges related to their filming of undercover videos at a Planned Parenthood clinic.
- ConocoPhillips moves to 1Q loss, adj. results top Street Updated: Apr-28-16 8:47 am
HOUSTON - ConocoPhillips moved to a loss in its first quarter as it dealt with impairment charges and a pension settlement expense. Its adjusted results beat Wall Street's view.
- Warriors roll into second round of playoffs without Curry Updated: Apr-28-16 2:21 am
OAKLAND, California - Klay Thompson knew Golden State had to come together, that every player needed to raise his game with Stephen Curry sidelined.
- Midwest sees 2nd day of storms but no major damage Updated: Apr-27-16 10:37 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Springtime storms lashed parts of the Midwest and South on Wednesday, but on a smaller scale than the night before when tornadoes in Oklahoma and Texas injured more than a dozen people and damaged homes.
- Latest on storms: 3 tornados in Illinois; no major damage Updated: Apr-27-16 10:34 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Latest on severe weather in the central and eastern U.S. (all times local):
- Raiders will announce draft selections from Mexico City Updated: Apr-27-16 6:55 pm
MEXICO CITY - The Oakland Raiders will announce their third-day draft selections from Mexico City on Saturday.
- Houston woman sentenced in 4-year-old girl's death Updated: Apr-27-16 2:51 am
HOUSTON - A Houston woman charged in the death her boyfriend's 4-year-old daughter has been sentenced to 40 years in prison.
- Nowitzki not retiring, all but certain to return to Mavs Updated: Apr-26-16 8:06 pm
DALLAS - Dirk Nowitzki is not retiring and almost certainly will spend a 19th season with the Mavericks.
- Ex-Baylor star QB Tom Muecke dead at 52 Updated: Apr-26-16 5:18 pm
WACO, Texas - Former Baylor quarterback Tom Muecke (MIH'-kee), a two-time all-Southwest Conference star in the 1980s who went on to play seven seasons in the Canadian Football League, has died at the age of 52.
- Woods making progress toward a return; no date set Updated: Apr-26-16 2:37 pm
Tiger Woods registered for the U.S. Open, which was more procedure than pronouncement. Three weeks later, he played five holes during the official opening of the golf course he designed outside Houston. The next step is returning to competition, for which the timeframe remains unknown.
- Horse rescues draw attention in deadly Houston-area storms Updated: Apr-26-16 11:51 am
HOUSTON - Darolyn Butler spent about 18 hours in and out of the swirling floodwaters of Cypress Creek last Monday, April 18, trying to rescue 75 drowning horses in her care.
- Ex-Texas energy company finance worker guilty of $450K theft Updated: Apr-26-16 8:50 am
HOUSTON - A former financial employee of Southwestern Energy Co. faces up to 80 years in prison for embezzling more than $450,000 from the oil and gas company.
- Medical helicopter makes hard landing at Houston hospital Updated: Apr-26-16 7:55 am
HOUSTON - A medical helicopter from South Texas has made a hard landing while trying to take off from a Houston hospital.
- Obama declares disaster in 4 Texas counties Updated: Apr-25-16 6:38 pm
HOUSTON - President Barack Obama has declared a major disaster in four Texas counties, including the county where Houston is located, that suffered severe flooding after heavy rainfall last week.
- Houston mother accused of fatally beating infant daughter Updated: Apr-25-16 5:27 pm
HOUSTON - A 22-year-old Houston mother has been charged with capital murder in the beating death of her infant daughter.
- On death row 35 years, Texas inmate dies of natural causes Updated: Apr-25-16 11:46 am
HOUSTON - A man on death row for 35 years for a Houston robbery where three people were shot and killed and a fourth was severely wounded has died of natural causes, Texas prison officials said Monday.
- Houston woman charged in death of 5-month-old daughter Updated: Apr-25-16 11:04 am
HOUSTON - A Houston woman has been charged in the death of her 5-month-old daughter who allegedly was bounced off a bed and onto a floor.
- Bradley, Bosox win in 12 vs Astros after Kimbrel blows save Updated: Apr-25-16 2:24 am