- Thousands skip school in Houston on make-up day Updated: Apr-19-14 12:31 pm
- Police: 4 dead after car hits taxi near Houston Updated: Apr-19-14 11:05 am
- 2 Cougars allowed to transfer - with stipulations Updated: Apr-18-14 8:50 pm
- Teen charged in videotaped Houston-area burglary Updated: Apr-18-14 12:22 pm
- Houston condominium complex guard fatally shot Updated: Apr-18-14 11:05 am
- Shields strikes out 12, Royals sweep Astros 5-1 Updated: Apr-18-14 12:17 am
- State seeks to move offenders into Southeast Texas Updated: Apr-17-14 3:08 pm
- Astros' George Springer to make debut Updated: Apr-17-14 1:48 am
- Houston health care enrollment exceeds forecast Updated: Apr-16-14 5:26 pm
- Houston schools ditch 'Indians,' other mascots Updated: Apr-16-14 7:22 am
- A season of frustration for Adelman, Timberwolves Updated: Apr-15-14 9:08 pm
- 4 Houston schools get new mascots after ban Updated: Apr-15-14 12:19 pm
- Houston hoarding proposal 8 years late for one man Updated: Apr-15-14 12:02 pm
- Rockets down Spurs 104-98 Updated: Apr-14-14 11:29 pm
- Former Houston coach Curl dies Updated: Apr-14-14 7:54 pm
- 2 weak twisters cause damage in East Texas Updated: Apr-14-14 7:28 pm
- Fernando Verdasco wins US Men's Clay Court Updated: Apr-13-14 6:41 pm
- Rangers another 1-0 win to clinch Astros series Updated: Apr-13-14 6:41 pm
- Texas AP Broadcasters choose 2014-2015 board of directors Updated: Apr-13-14 11:04 am
- Harden leads Rockets over Pelicans 111-104 Updated: Apr-13-14 12:08 am
- TV winners in annual Texas AP Broadcasters contest Updated: Apr-12-14 10:44 pm
- A look at the NBA playoff picture Updated: Apr-12-14 3:45 am
- Woman gets life in prison in stiletto heel slaying Updated: Apr-11-14 6:37 pm
- Man arrested for slashing $25,000 in tires Updated: Apr-11-14 6:31 am
- Spacecraft developer, Houston partner on spaceport Updated: Apr-11-14 1:04 am
HOUSTON - Thousands of Houston students and teachers stayed home on Good Friday instead of reporting to class to make up for a school day canceled by bad weather.
PASADENA, Texas - Authorities near Houston say four people are dead and two others are in critical condition after a car drifted into oncoming traffic and slammed into a taxi cab.
HOUSTON - The Houston Cougars' top two scorers have been granted releases to transfer to new schools. But the releases come with conditions.
HOUSTON - A teenager has been charged with burglary after security video from inside a Houston-area house showed a man with a flashlight peering at a sleeping toddler in a crib.
HOUSTON - An armed security guard at a Houston condominium complex has been fatally shot and police are seeking a man who fled after being denied entry.
HOUSTON - James Shields kept the Houston Astros off-balance all night.
HOUSTON - Southeast Texas officials say they were never notified by the state of plans to relocate to their county two-dozen sex offenders classified as among the state's most dangerous.
HOUSTON - George Springer got his first game with the Houston Astros out of the way on Wednesday night.
HOUSTON - More than 177,000 Houston residents have signed up for health insurance through the federal marketplace, far exceeding expectations for the city.
HOUSTON - Four Houston schools are saying goodbye to the Indians, Redskins, Rebels and Warriors.
MINNEAPOLIS - As the clock ticks down on the Minnesota Timberwolves' regular season finale on Wednesday night, one of the most quietly successful coaching careers the NBA has ever seen could be coming to a close right with it.
HOUSTON - Four schools in the Houston school district have new mascots following the school board's vote to ban the use of any race or ethnic group for such symbols.
HOUSTON - David Weede has not invited anyone to his house for more than a year because of the nose-stinging smell and the holes that rats have chewed through his walls and couch pillows.
HOUSTON - The Houston Rockets needed one win in their last two games or a loss by Portland on Wednesday to secure home-court advantage in their first-round playoff series against the Trail Blazers.
HOUSTON - Former Houston women's basketball coach Joe Curl has died, the university announced Monday. He was 59.
LOVELADY, Texas - Surveys by National Weather Service teams have determined that damaging windstorms that swept parts of East Texas on Sunday were weak tornadoes.
HOUSTON - Fernando Verdasco won the U.S. Men's Clay Court Championship on Sunday for his sixth ATP World Tour title and first since 2010, beating Spanish countryman Nicolas Almagro 6-3, 7-6 (4).
ARLINGTON, Texas - Martin Perez kept his pitches low in the zone and got plenty of help from the Texas defense.
AUSTIN, Texas - Members of the Texas Associated Press Broadcasters have chosen a new board of directors.
HOUSTON - James Harden wasn't concerned about overstating the importance of Houston's come-from-behind victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Saturday night.
A look at where things stand in the NBA playoff picture, with five days remaining in the regular season:
HOUSTON - A Houston woman was sentenced to life in prison Friday for fatally stabbing her boyfriend with the 5½-inch stiletto heel of her shoe, striking him at least 25 times in the face and head.
HOUSTON - Harris County authorities are trying to determine why a man walked through a suburban Houston neighborhood and punctured the tires of dozens of cars, causing about $25,000 in damage and leaving car owners fuming.
HOUSTON - The private developer of a winged spacecraft concept called the Dream Chaser is partnering with the city of Houston on a proposed project to renovate historic Ellington Field into a spaceport.