- Man gets prison, must pay $1.8M for tax fraud in Houston Updated: Jul-27-15 3:28 pm
HOUSTON - A Houston businessman who for more than five years skipped paying employment taxes is going to prison and must repay more than $1.8 million
- Inmate who fled while headed for jail recaptured in Houston Updated: Jul-27-15 3:04 pm
HOUSTON - Houston police say a 17-year-old suspect who fled while being transported to the Harris County jail has been recaptured.
- Astros move up Taylor Swift concert for possible playoff run Updated: Jul-27-15 2:22 pm
HOUSTON - The Houston Astros have shaken off Taylor Swift's original tour date at Minute Maid Park in case of a playoff run.
- Groups in Texas hold vigil, protest in death of Sandra Bland Updated: Jul-27-15 12:52 am
PRAIRIE VIEW, Texas - Hundreds have gathered in Southeast Texas for a vigil and march in memory of Sandra Bland, the Illinois woman found dead in a jail days after her arrest during a traffic stop.
- Trout has grand slam, solo HR in Angels' win over Rangers Updated: Jul-26-15 8:57 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Home run titles are no different to Mike Trout than any of the other awards and achievements that have made him a major league star. If it happens, it happens. It's just not on his personal agenda at the moment.
- Astros lose 5-1 to Royals, set to face Angels in key series Updated: Jul-26-15 7:18 pm
- Royals celebrate Cueto deal with 5-1 victory over Astros Updated: Jul-26-15 6:27 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - This was one nice day for Kansas City's rotation.
- Boy, 4, drowns in accident at Houston-area water park Updated: Jul-26-15 9:05 am
DAYTON, Texas - Authorities say a 4-year-old boy drowned at Houston-area water park during an outing with his family.
- Joe Smith gives up 3 in 8th as Angels lose 7-6 to Rangers Updated: Jul-26-15 2:23 am
ANAHEIM, California - Joe Smith had one of those nightmarish innings that can happen when the other team stays patient, has good at-bats and puts the ball in play.
- Davis, Dynamo stun Galaxy 3-0 Updated: Jul-25-15 11:44 pm
- Texas court sidelines Houston's nondiscrimination ordinance Updated: Jul-24-15 3:28 pm
HOUSTON - Houston must repeal a newly adopted equal rights ordinance or let voters decide if they want to ban discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity, the Texas Supreme Court ordered Friday.
- Convicted sex offender on Texas 10 Most Wanted list caught Updated: Jul-24-15 2:23 pm
HOUSTON - A man on the Texas 10 Most Wanted convicted sex offender list has been captured at a home in Houston.
- Texas high court: Repeal Houston law or put before voters Updated: Jul-24-15 12:21 pm
HOUSTON - The Texas Supreme Court has ruled that Houston officials must either repeal the city's equal rights ordinance or place it on the November ballot.
- 2 brothers die after pulled from family's pool in Houston Updated: Jul-24-15 11:08 am
HOUSTON - Houston police say two brothers drowned in the family's swimming pool when they became entangled in a tent that also went in the water.
- Inmate in drug case dies, Houston police say hanged self Updated: Jul-24-15 10:34 am
HOUSTON - Officials say an inmate has died at the Houston City Jail after he apparently hanged himself using his clothes.
- Altuve's walkoff homer lifts Astros over Boston 5-4 Updated: Jul-24-15 12:53 am
HOUSTON - The 5-foot-6, 165-pound Jose Altuve certainly isn't known for his power.
- A's trade Kazmir to his hometown Astros for 2 minor leaguers Updated: Jul-23-15 6:53 pm
OAKLAND, California - Scott Kazmir is heading to his hometown Houston Astros and into the thick of a pennant race, and the Oakland Athletics are starting their summer sell-off.
- Waste Management tops Street 2Q forecasts Updated: Jul-23-15 8:01 am
HOUSTON - Waste Management Inc. (WM) on Thursday reported second-quarter profit of $274 million.
- Texas company moving to Cynthiana, creating 80 jobs Updated: Jul-23-15 4:09 am
CYNTHIANA, Kentucky - A Texas company is moving to Cynthiana, where it will create 80 jobs.
- Rockets re-sign McDaniels to multiyear deal Updated: Jul-21-15 6:08 pm
HOUSTON - The Houston Rockets have re-signed restricted free agent K.J. McDaniels to a multiyear deal.
- Report: Many factors led to deaths of 4 Houston firefighters Updated: Jul-21-15 7:57 am
HOUSTON - A federal report says several factors contributed to the deaths of four Houston firefighters battling a fire in 2013, including the building's construction and an inadequate sprinkler system.
- Barges collide near entrance to Houston Ship Channel Updated: Jul-20-15 11:17 pm
GALVESTON, Texas - The U.S. Coast Guard says officials don't believe any significant amount of a flammable petroleum product was spilled after barges collided near the entrance to the Houston Ship Channel.
- Former Houston police officer pleads guilty to drug charge Updated: Jul-20-15 8:34 pm
HOUSTON - A former Houston police officer has been convicted of a drug charge after admitting to helping her then-boyfriend with a cocaine deal last year.
- Nuggets trade point guard Ty Lawson to Houston Updated: Jul-20-15 7:10 pm
HOUSTON - Rockets general manager Daryl Morey knows adding Ty Lawson is a risky move. He believes the possible reward is worth that risk.
- Halliburton 2Q profit falls on costs tied to oil slowdown Updated: Jul-20-15 7:43 am
HOUSTON - Halliburton's second-quarter profit dropped as it dealt with some charges tied to the oil market slowdown. But the company's adjusted results easily topped analysts' estimates.