- Houston Zoo welcomes new baby giraffe Updated: Sep-03-15 2:43 am
HOUSTON - A giraffe has been born at the Houston Zoo, bringing the zoo's total of Masai giraffes to 10.
- O'Malley, Morrison shine late, lift Seattle over Astros 8-3 Updated: Sep-03-15 1:29 am
HOUSTON - Houston was tied with the Seattle Mariners in the eighth inning on Wednesday night when Astros reliever Pat Neshek did something he had not done in his nine years in the majors.
- O'Malley, Morrison shine late, lift Seattle over Astros 8-3 Updated: Sep-03-15 1:02 am
HOUSTON - Rookie Shawn O'Malley was born and grew up in Washington in a family full of Seattle Mariners fans.
- Houston not enforcing school-zone phone law Updated: Sep-02-15 2:40 pm
HOUSTON - Houston has the state's largest school district but city officials and educators say they don't have the funding needed to install signs about a ban on texting and talking with cellphones in school zones.
- Texas man kills himself while taking selfie with gun Updated: Sep-02-15 11:13 am
HOUSTON - A 19-year-old Texas man is dead after police say he accidentally shot himself while posing for a selfie with a gun.
- A bold move to save a man's hand: Tucking it into his tummy Updated: Sep-02-15 2:35 am
Casey Reyes struggled for a way to explain the "sci-fi" surgery doctors were proposing to save her 87-year-old grandfather's badly burned hand.
- Houston man holding gun while taking 'selfies' fatally shot Updated: Sep-01-15 10:42 pm
HOUSTON - A 19-year-old Houston man is dead after police say he accidentally shot himself while taking 'selfies' while holding a gun.
- Houston's Feldman makes early exit with shoulder injury Updated: Sep-01-15 9:50 pm
HOUSTON - Houston Astros starter Scott Feldman has left Tuesday night's game against the Seattle Mariners with discomfort in his right shoulder.
- Tarpinian released by Texans on deadline to cut roster to 75 Updated: Sep-01-15 9:23 pm
HOUSTON - The Houston Texans have cut 11 players, including linebacker Jeff Tarpinian, and placed rookie linebacker Reshard Cliett on injured reserve on the deadline to reduce rosters to 75 players.
- Brocato, longtime scout for Oilers-Titans, dies of cancer Updated: Sep-01-15 4:48 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - C.O. Brocato, who scouted players over four decades with the Houston Oilers-Tennessee Titans, has died. He was 85.
- Suspect in Texas officer's death had 2nd mental commitment Updated: Sep-01-15 3:39 pm
HOUSTON - The man accused of fatally shooting a suburban Houston officer was twice committed to mental health facilities in the last five years and his attorney said Tuesday the man will undergo a psychological evaluation.
- Man dies, shot in dispute at Texas Southern University lot Updated: Sep-01-15 11:53 am
HOUSTON - Houston police say a man has died after being shot during a disturbance at a Texas Southern University dormitory parking lot.
- Service Friday for Texas boy, 14, died of brain infection Updated: Sep-01-15 11:17 am
SUGAR LAND, Texas - A service will be held at a Houston-area church to remember a 14-year-old swimmer who died after contracting a brain infection linked to a rare amoeba.
- Keuchel's solid start helps Astros over Mariners 8-3 Updated: Sep-01-15 12:50 am
HOUSTON - Seattle Mariners starter Vidal Nuno was done in by three bad pitches Monday night.
- Latest on Texas deputy: Lawyer says man had mental illness Updated: Aug-31-15 8:02 pm
HOUSTON - Here are the latest developments regarding the fatal shooting of a suburban Houston sheriff's deputy (all times local):
- Playoff-hopeful Cubs get OF Austin Jackson from Seattle Updated: Aug-31-15 7:42 pm
- Texas teen dies after amoeba enters brain Updated: Aug-31-15 7:31 pm
HOUSTON - A relative says a 14-year-old boy has died after encountering a rare amoeba while swimming in a lake north of Houston.
- A look at the slaying of suburban Houston sheriff's deputy Updated: Aug-31-15 6:03 pm
HOUSTON - Shannon J. Miles is charged with fatally shooting a suburban Houston sheriff's deputy in an attack the sheriff said was possibly fueled by rising tensions linked to the Black Lives Matter movement. A guide to key aspects of the case:
- Abbott orders Texas flags at half-staff for slain deputy Updated: Aug-31-15 9:34 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Gov. Greg Abbott has ordered Texas flags in Harris County and at the Capitol to be lowered to half-staff to honor a slain law enforcement officer.
- Arrieta pitches no-hitter for Cubs in 2-0 win over Dodgers Updated: Aug-31-15 1:23 am
LOS ANGELES - Even after pitching his first career no-hitter, Jake Arrieta wasn't too big to wear his PJs.
- Santana sharp at home in Twins' win Updated: Aug-30-15 6:39 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Even though Ervin Santana has been going through one of the toughest stretches of his career, he hasn't lost his smile.
- Twins offense quieted by Fiers, Astros in 4-1 loss Updated: Aug-30-15 12:00 am
MINNEAPOLIS - A day after winning the series opener against Houston while getting just three hits, the Minnesota Twins' bats were quiet again.
- Clark, Rodriguez score; Dynamo beat short-handed Whitecaps Updated: Aug-29-15 11:34 pm
HOUSTON - Ricardo Clark and Raul Rodriguez scored and the Houston Dynamo beat the short-handed Vancouver Whitecaps 2-0 on Saturday night to snap a three-game winless streak.
- Houston felon in drug case gets prison for having firearms Updated: Aug-29-15 2:35 pm
HOUSTON - A convicted felon from Houston must serve more than two years in prison for illegally having guns and posting photos of himself online with the weapons.
- Katrina-scattered families rebuild separately and together Updated: Aug-28-15 2:50 pm
HOUSTON - Bunk beds dominate the narrow living room of Chevelle Washington's modest three-bedroom brick townhouse apartment. A large box in the corner is piled high with kids' shoes. The 51-year-old is raising six of her grandchildren. Her home is a refuge, a haven.