- Nyarko gives Chicago Fire 1-1 draw with Houston Dynamo Updated: Jul-03-15 11:41 pm
- AP sources: Mavericks, DeAndre Jordan agree to 4-year deal Updated: Jul-03-15 5:35 pm
DALLAS - DeAndre Jordan has chosen the Mavericks over the Los Angeles Clippers in what turned into a tense boom-or-bust wait for Dallas in pursuit of the free-agent center.
- Queen City crew: Sending All-Stars young and old to Cincy Updated: Jul-03-15 11:22 am
NEW YORK - Anyone still ranting about the online election that put five Kansas City Royals in position to start the All-Star Game, the following is for you.
- Experts: Hacking probe will stretch if Cards execs involved Updated: Jul-03-15 3:00 am
HOUSTON - The federal hacking investigation of the St. Louis Cardinals could take longer if high-level executives are implicated in the breach of the Houston Astros' database, according to legal experts.
- Texans release rookie Ivory after burglary charges Updated: Jul-02-15 5:18 pm
HOUSTON - The Houston Texans have released defensive lineman Brandon Ivory a day after he was charged in a residential burglary in Tuscaloosa.
- Astros' Springer headed to 15-day DL with broken right wrist Updated: Jul-02-15 2:33 pm
HOUSTON - Houston Astros outfielder George Springer has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a broken right wrist.
- Inmate who fled Austin hospital captured near Houston Updated: Jul-02-15 12:36 pm
HOUSTON - A Central Texas jail inmate who fled during treatment at an Austin hospital has been captured near Houston after several days on the run.
- Houston police seek husband after estranged wife slain Updated: Jul-02-15 12:05 pm
HOUSTON - Houston police are seeking the estranged husband of a woman who was fatally shot as she dropped off their son at her spouse's home.
- Suspect charged in robberies, assaults at Houston apartments Updated: Jul-02-15 8:59 am
HOUSTON - Police say DNA evidence has led to charges against a man suspected of attacks at eight Houston apartment complexes since April.
- Retired military dogs find new purpose in US meth wars Updated: Jul-02-15 2:16 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Five retired military dogs that spent years working in war zones are putting their noses to new uses by helping police in the U.S. combat methamphetamine and other drugs.
- Altuve helps Astros sweep Royals with 6-5 win Updated: Jul-02-15 12:48 am
- Houston police: 18 arrested in liquor violations crackdown Updated: Jul-01-15 1:41 pm
HOUSTON - Houston police say 18 workers at bars and nightclubs have been arrested in a crackdown on suspected liquor law violators.
- Houston group gets custody of about 200 neglected horses Updated: Jul-01-15 7:42 am
WILLIS, Texas - An animal rescue group has been granted custody of about 200 neglected horses seized last week from a Houston-area ranch.
- FAA grants license to Houston spaceport launch site Updated: Jun-30-15 5:31 pm
HOUSTON - The Federal Aviation Administration has granted the Houston Airport System a launch site license to use Ellington Airport as a launch site for reusable launch vehicles.
- White Texas man admits hate-crime attack on black man Updated: Jun-30-15 4:28 pm
HOUSTON - A white Houston-area man has pleaded guilty to a federal hate crime for the surprise punching of an elderly black man.
- Harris County jail crowding sends 100 inmates to Beaumont Updated: Jun-30-15 8:19 am
HOUSTON - About 100 inmates at the overcrowded Harris County jail in Houston will be transferred to a detention center in Beaumont.
- Park bans swimming after father, son bitten by alligator Updated: Jun-30-15 3:16 am
WALLISVILLE, Texas - Officials at a park near Houston say swimming will not be allowed after a 13-year-old boy and his father were attacked by an alligator at a lake.
- Kansas City's Escobar scratched against Astros Updated: Jun-29-15 8:21 pm
HOUSTON - Kansas City shortstop Alcides Escobar has been scratched from the Royals game against the Houston Astros with a finger injury.
- Texas leads multistate suit against EPA over water rule Updated: Jun-29-15 7:17 pm
HOUSTON - Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi have sued the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and Army Corps of Engineers in Houston federal court over a rule that they say strips them of jurisdiction over water.
- Boy, father attacked by alligator at lake outside Houston Updated: Jun-29-15 9:50 am
WALLISVILLE, Texas - A man and his son have survived an alligator attack at a lake near Houston.
- Rookie Correa leads Astros over Yankees 3-1 Updated: Jun-28-15 6:09 pm
HOUSTON - Houston rookie Carlos Correa has amassed enough big plays to fill a highlight reel despite being in the majors for less than a month.
- Houston's Oberholtzer ejected for throwing at A-Rod Updated: Jun-27-15 5:41 pm
HOUSTON - Houston starter Brett Oberholtzer has been ejected in the second for throwing at New York's Alex Rodriguez.
- Pilot dies in ultralight crash in field northwest of Houston Updated: Jun-27-15 3:14 pm
TOMBALL, Texas - Authorities say a pilot has died when his ultralight crashed in a field northwest of Houston.
- Former coach Henson out of hospital, starting chemotherapy Updated: Jun-27-15 2:08 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Former Illinois and New Mexico State basketball coach Lou Henson has been released from a Texas hospital and is scheduled to soon begin chemotherapy treatments, according to his wife.
- Texas A&M launches engineering academies at 4 schools Updated: Jun-27-15 12:36 pm
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - Texas A&M University has partnered with an energy company to try to get more students at two-year colleges to study engineering.