- Woman killed after pickup collides with 18-wheeler Updated: Oct-03-15 2:27 pm
HOUSTON - A woman has died after smashing her pickup truck into an 18-wheeler in northeast Houston.
- Astros hand Diamondbacks' record-breaking blowout loss Updated: Oct-03-15 3:17 am
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks were looking to spoil Houston's postseason aspirations.
- Keuchel wins 20th, Astros set runs record, rout D-backs 21-5 Updated: Oct-03-15 1:53 am
- Rangers 2-1 loss to Angels keeps them from clinching AL West Updated: Oct-03-15 1:38 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Elvis Andrus and the Texas Rangers didn't even wait around to see if they would clinch the AL West title Friday night. The champagne was put away for another day.
- Angels win 2-1 to prevent Rangers from clinching AL West Updated: Oct-03-15 1:37 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - With Mike Trout and Albert Pujols leading the way, the Los Angeles Angels are still in the chase for a playoff spot.
- Chris Young pitches Royals past Twins 3-1 Updated: Oct-03-15 1:34 am
MINNEAPOLIS - After watching Chris Young strike out the side in the sixth inning, Kansas City Royals manager Ned Yost approached his starter in the dugout to tell him he was nearing his pitch limit.
- Royals put big dent in Twins' wild-card bid with 3-1 win Updated: Oct-03-15 1:34 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Twins clubhouse, clouded so often this season by fog machines for the post-victory dance parties, was crystal clear and eerily quiet following the 160th game on the schedule.
- Bush donors embrace new mantra: He's built to last Updated: Oct-02-15 4:17 pm
WASHINGTON - Jeb Bush's challenge in the first half of the year was daunting yet simple. To be considered a fundraising success, the Republican presidential candidate had to hit the magic number of $100 million, an ambitious goal set by some in his campaign. And he did.
- 4 workers hurt in explosion at Houston-area chemical plant Updated: Oct-02-15 3:25 pm
PASADENA, Texas - Police say four workers have been treated for burns after an explosion and fire at a chemical plant along the Houston Ship Channel.
- Houston hospital faces review after patient shot by guards Updated: Oct-02-15 2:47 pm
HOUSTON - A Houston hospital where off-duty police officers working security shot a combative patient must prove the complex is safe or possibly lose government funding.
- Wild West: AAC teams embracing offensive football Updated: Oct-02-15 2:40 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Philip Montgomery has experienced more than his share of shootouts in his nearly two decades as a football coach, both on the high school level and later at Houston and Baylor.
- US rig count declines by 29 this week to 809 Updated: Oct-02-15 2:30 pm
HOUSTON - Oilfield services company Baker Hughes Inc. says the number of rigs exploring for oil and natural gas in the U.S. this week declined by 29 to 809.
- Angels fall to Rangers 5-3, turn focus to wild-card race Updated: Oct-02-15 1:08 am
- Houston police say 2 arrested in fatal drive-by gunfire Updated: Oct-01-15 6:50 pm
HOUSTON - Houston police say two suspects have been arrested in the drive-by fatal shooting of a 6-year-old boy as he slept in a house.
- Last year's top pick Clowney still looking for 1st sack Updated: Oct-01-15 6:17 pm
HOUSTON - Jadeveon Clowney is finally healthy and playing well for the Texans. But something is missing.
- Police say 14-year-old confesses to stabbing pregnant mother Updated: Oct-01-15 5:47 pm
HOUSTON - A 14-year-old boy has confessed to strangling and stabbing his pregnant mother more than 20 times in an attack at the home they shared south of Houston, investigators said Thursday.
- Ceremony Saturday for Buffalo Bayou Park in Houston Updated: Oct-01-15 2:46 pm
HOUSTON - Buffalo Bayou has been abused almost from the moment the Allen brothers came ashore in 1836. Cypresses that helped secure the banks were logged early on, and for most of the 20th century, the polluted waterway reeked.
- Video crew robbed near 'We Love Houston' sign, nobody hurt Updated: Oct-01-15 8:06 am
HOUSTON - A video crew taping near a prominent "We Love Houston" sign has been robbed but the suspect's image was captured on camera.
- Astros rally past Mariners, take over 2nd AL wild-card spot Updated: Oct-01-15 2:31 am
SEATTLE - Thanks to a late rally and help from others, the Houston Astros will go into their final series knowing three more wins will have them playing baseball beyond the final day of the regular season.
- Angels slowed with 8-7 loss to Athletics Updated: Oct-01-15 12:00 am
ANAHEIM, California - Collin Cowgill's soft groundout to third wasn't a terribly appropriate way to end a seven-game winning streak and a rollicking homestand that propelled the Los Angeles Angels back into playoff position.
- Federal probe: Safety problems at DuPont plant where 4 died Updated: Sep-30-15 2:29 pm
HOUSTON - A federal investigation into a poisonous gas leak that killed four workers at a Houston-area chemical plant in November found weaknesses and failures in the facility's safety planning and procedures, officials said Wednesday.
- Dewhurst, Houston oilman settle lawsuit over funds Updated: Sep-30-15 2:11 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Former Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst has settled a lawsuit he filed against a Houston oilman over disputed funds linked to an imprisoned ex-political adviser.
- Report: Houston hospital should forfeit $32M in Ike funds Updated: Sep-30-15 10:02 am
HOUSTON - A federal review says a Houston hospital should forfeit $32 million in government grants for Hurricane Ike recovery due to misuse of the money.
- Cano, O'Malley lead Mariners to 6-4 win over Houston Updated: Sep-30-15 3:16 am
SEATTLE - Robinson Cano hit a two-run home run in the sixth inning Tuesday night.
- 1 patient still hospitalized from school bus wreck Updated: Sep-29-15 10:40 pm
HOUSTON - One student injured two weeks ago in a school bus wreck that killed the other two passengers remains hospitalized in good condition.