- 3 ex-trucking executives in Texas get prison for $16M fraud Updated: Feb-09-16 9:40 am
HOUSTON - The former head of a South Texas trucking company must serve eight years in prison over a nearly $16 million loan scam.
- Texas couple charged with forcing nanny to work for no pay Updated: Feb-09-16 9:19 am
HOUSTON - A Houston-area couple is accused of forcing a Nigerian woman to care for their five children and home without pay for two years and seizing her passport.
- Many chemicals used in Texas fracking remain a mystery Updated: Feb-08-16 8:16 pm
HOUSTON - For the past five years, biochemist Zac Hildenbrand has investigated potential links between unconventional drilling and water quality, collecting thousands of samples throughout the major shale plays in Texas.
- Lillard scores 21 to help Portland beat Houston 96-79 Updated: Feb-06-16 9:05 pm
HOUSTON - The Portland Trail Blazers were determined that this trip to Houston would end much better than their last visit here when they were stung by a tough overtime loss to the Rockets.
- Pace picks up, anticipation of Grand Parkway around Houston Updated: Feb-06-16 5:00 pm
HOUSTON - Country Bumpkins Cafe is where northwest Harris County's rural past meets its suburban future. It's not unusual to see BMW luxury sedans and John Deere tractors in the gravel parking lot along Telge Road.
- Pedestrian with earbuds hit by train in Houston, dies Updated: Feb-06-16 4:57 pm
HOUSTON - Investigators believe a pedestrian was wearing earbuds when he was hit by a freight train in Houston and killed.
- Man dies in Houston police custody, held after disturbance Updated: Feb-06-16 12:38 pm
HOUSTON - Houston police say a man held after a disturbance at a convenience store has died after becoming unresponsive while waiting to be booked on a drug charge.
- Houston man convicted, gets life in slaying over sneakers Updated: Feb-05-16 7:02 pm
HOUSTON - A Texas jury has convicted a 21-year-old Houston man of capital murder in the 2012 fatal shooting of a man over a pair of Air Jordan sneakers the man had just bought.
- SUPER BOWL: Profiles of key players Updated: Feb-05-16 6:46 pm
Projected starters and key players for the Super Bowl at Santa Clara, California:
- US rig count drops 48 this week to 571; Texas down 19 Updated: Feb-05-16 3:46 pm
HOUSTON - Oilfield services company Baker Hughes Inc. says the number of rigs exploring for oil and natural gas in the U.S. declined by 48 this week to 571.
- Houston police announce high-tech crime mapping tools Updated: Feb-05-16 12:17 pm
HOUSTON - Houston police are using online technology to make it easier for concerned citizens to track reported crimes in their neighborhoods.
- Activist behind Planned Parenthood video offered probation Updated: Feb-04-16 5:42 pm
HOUSTON - An anti-abortion activist's plan to reject a plea deal offering probation for charges related to making undercover Planned Parenthood videos likely means his goal is to use a trial as a public platform to criticize the nonprofit, according to legal experts.
- ConocoPhillips posts 4th-quarter loss, slashes dividend Updated: Feb-04-16 4:26 pm
HOUSTON - ConocoPhillips posted a wider-than-expected loss in the fourth quarter and slashed its quarterly dividend by 66 percent as oil prices continue to drop.
- The Latest: Planned Parenthood speaks on activists Updated: Feb-04-16 2:32 pm
HOUSTON - The Latest on the anti-abortion activists charged in the making of Planned Parenthood videos (all times local):
- THE LATEST: Oklahoma lands last big recruit of signing day Updated: Feb-03-16 9:29 pm
The latest developments on college football signing day (all times EST):
- Bret Bielema backs off remarks regarding Florida, Ole Miss Updated: Feb-03-16 6:30 pm
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Arkansas coach Bret Bielema did a little backtracking on national signing day.
- Florida signs heavy at skill positions to revamp offense Updated: Feb-03-16 6:06 pm
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Florida added some much-needed talent to its anemic offense on national signing day.
- Despite 2 losing seasons, Texas closes strong on signing day Updated: Feb-03-16 4:57 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Despite two consecutive losing seasons, Texas closed strong on national signing day with a surge of defensive talent that put its recruiting class among the nation's best.
- Kansas coach David Beaty hopes to turn corner with new class Updated: Feb-03-16 4:11 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - There was no wrestling between "quality" and "quantity" in recruiting for Kansas coach David Beaty this year.
- Texas police believe woman killed 2 relatives, then self Updated: Feb-03-16 3:35 pm
MEADOWS PLACE, Texas - Investigators believe a woman fatally shot her daughter-in-law and one of her sons before killing herself at the Houston-area house they shared.
- Houston nabs five-star recruit in defensive tackle Oliver Updated: Feb-03-16 3:33 pm
HOUSTON - The Houston Cougars will look to build on the success they had in a 13-1 season in the first year under coach Tom Herman with a recruiting class highlighted by five-star defensive tackle Ed Oliver.
- Report finds record number of US exonerations in 2015 Updated: Feb-03-16 12:16 am
HOUSTON - The U.S. saw a record number of exonerations in 2015, with nearly 40 percent of the cases involving individuals who were exonerated in homicides, a new report shows.
- Harden's 26 points lead Rockets over Heat 115-102 Updated: Feb-02-16 11:49 pm
HOUSTON - James Harden has long been known as a great scorer.
- NBA suspends Rockets' Dwight Howard for Miami game Updated: Feb-02-16 2:38 pm
HOUSTON - The NBA suspended Rockets center Dwight Howard for Tuesday night's game against Miami for touching an official during a loss over the weekend.
- Priest's son gets life, no parole for killing his parents Updated: Feb-02-16 8:16 am
HOUSTON - The 20-year-old son of an Episcopal priest has been sentenced to life in prison without parole for beating his parents to death with a lamp, baseball hat and hammer.