- Heavy rain eases Texas drought, but high water could linger Updated: May-28-15 10:39 pm
HOUSTON - This week's record rainfall in Texas eased the state's drought and swelled rivers and lakes to the point that they may not return to normal levels until July, scientists said Thursday.
- Rockets looking forward after elimination Updated: May-28-15 7:00 pm
HOUSTON - The Houston Rockets reached the Western Conference finals for the first time in 18 years before being eliminated in five games by the Golden State Warriors.
- Latest on flooding: Brazos River recedes ... for now Updated: May-28-15 6:02 pm
4:50 p.m. (CDT)
- Floods in vulnerable Houston no surprise, despite controls Updated: May-28-15 1:54 pm
HOUSTON - The flooding, property damage and loss of life as torrential rains this week hit the Houston area should be no surprise.
- Texans back at work after weather delay Updated: May-27-15 8:20 pm
HOUSTON - While he enjoyed his offseason, J.J. Watt couldn't wait to get back on the field Wednesday for Houston's first offseason practice.
- "Hard Knocks" coming to Houston Updated: May-27-15 3:43 pm
HOUSTON - The Houston Texans will be the stars of this season of "Hard Knocks."
- Houston-area man accused of conspiring to back Islamic State Updated: May-27-15 6:56 am
HOUSTON - A Houston-area man has been charged with conspiring to support the Islamic State group.
- LeBron, Cavaliers earn NBA Finals spot by sweeping Hawks Updated: May-27-15 12:59 am
CLEVELAND - LeBron James knew what he left behind when he bolted to Miami five years ago.
- AP News in Brief at 9:58 p.m. EDT Updated: May-26-15 11:06 pm
The Latest on weather: Third body pulled from swollen Blanco River; Texas death toll now 13
- By the numbers: Severe weather in Texas, Oklahoma, Mexico Updated: May-26-15 9:35 pm
HOUSTON - The weekend's severe weather left behind a trail of destruction stretching from Oklahoma to Texas and a border town in Mexico, including heavy flooding and a deadly tornado. Here's the count:
- 49ers QB Kaepernick apologizes for Houston storm post Updated: May-26-15 9:03 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick has apologized for a post on social media Tuesday that referenced flood-ravaged Houston, where San Francisco opens the preseason Aug. 15.
- Supreme Court to hear Texas Senate districts case Updated: May-26-15 2:33 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court agreed Tuesday to hear an important case about whether states must count only those who are eligible to vote, rather than the total population, when drawing electoral districts for their legislatures.
- NBA MVP Curry OK after fall as Warriors lose to Rockets Updated: May-26-15 1:59 am
HOUSTON - When Golden State's Stephen Curry crashed into Trevor Ariza's shoulder, was upended and sent flying toward the court on Monday night against Houston, it felt like forever before he landed.
- Harden helps Rockets stay alive, beat Warriors 128-115 Updated: May-26-15 1:26 am
HOUSTON - James Harden was not happy after a poor performance in Houston's embarrassing loss to Golden State in Game 3.
- 10 children treated at hospital after Houston house fire Updated: May-25-15 12:13 pm
HOUSTON - Houston fire officials say 10 children have been taken to a hospital for treatment of minor injuries and smoke inhalation after a house fire.
- The Astros, the Royals and different ways to win Updated: May-25-15 3:08 am
During a 20-batter stretch in Sunday's victory at Detroit, every hitter for the Houston Astros either reached base or struck out.
- Rockets respond to McHale's old-school coaching approach Updated: May-25-15 2:59 am
HOUSTON - Kevin McHale's stride is painful to watch.
- Astros rally for 10-8 win over Tigers, split 4-game series Updated: May-25-15 12:57 am
DETROIT - Preston Tucker's major league career is just over two weeks old, and already he's hit a pair of big home runs.
- 3 dead, 2 hurt in West Harris County rollover crash Updated: May-23-15 4:14 pm
HOUSTON - Three people have been killed and two others hurt in a single-vehicle rollover crash in west Harris County.
- Pregnant mom, unborn child, die in Houston wreck Updated: May-23-15 1:12 pm
HOUSTON - A Houston man has been taken into custody after he lost control of his car and crashed into a tree, killing his wife who was seven months pregnant and injuring their 10-month-old child.
- Houston-area man acquitted of charges he burned daughter Updated: May-23-15 11:47 am
BEAUMONT, Texas - A 26-year-old Houston-area man has been acquitted of charges he intentionally severely burned his 14-month-old daughter while bathing the child in hot water.
- Texas Senate approves open carry of handguns Updated: May-22-15 10:57 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas took a major step toward allowing the licensed open carry of handguns, with Senate approval Friday night after a fierce debate over restricting police powers to ask people carrying guns if they are legal.
- Houston star Harden's unique game hard to stop - and to like Updated: May-22-15 6:21 pm
HOUSTON - Whether he's stirring the pot after a big shot or flailing his arms to draw contact en route to the basket James Harden evokes strong reactions from fans and players alike.
- May 1 deadly Houston house fire blamed on unattended stove Updated: May-22-15 12:42 pm
HOUSTON - The Houston Fire Department says a May 1 house fire that killed three people was caused by an unattended cooking stove.
- Vanguard Natural Resources to acquire Eagle Rock Energy Updated: May-22-15 10:40 am
HOUSTON - Vanguard Natural Resources LLC will acquire Eagle Rock Energy Partners LP in a $474 million deal.