- New school mascot policy gets preliminary approval Updated: Dec-13-13 1:01 pm
- Correction: Texas Execution-Appeal story Updated: Dec-12-13 9:59 pm
- TCU hires UH's offensive coordinator for same job Updated: Dec-12-13 8:06 pm
- Houston Dash first expansion team in NWSL Updated: Dec-12-13 6:27 pm
- Indy has been unfriendly to Texans Updated: Dec-11-13 7:50 pm
- Armored-car company takes stand after robberies Updated: Dec-11-13 5:22 pm
- Attorneys for Mexican national want execution halt Updated: Dec-11-13 4:41 pm
- Texans WR Johnson picks up $17K tab for needy kids Updated: Dec-11-13 3:08 pm
- Houston Chronicle names new managing editor Updated: Dec-11-13 12:35 pm
- At Astrodome, plenty of good seats available Updated: Dec-11-13 7:45 am
- Ex-Texas parole officer convicted in bribery case Updated: Dec-11-13 6:56 am
- Man wanted for murder caught in East Texas Updated: Dec-10-13 4:58 pm
- Patriots at Dolphins opens 3 weeks of showdowns Updated: Dec-10-13 3:16 pm
- US passenger awakens in locked, dark plane Updated: Dec-10-13 1:22 pm
- 2 Houston educators charged in Alabama drug case Updated: Dec-10-13 7:53 am
- German firm to pay $32M to settle bribery charges Updated: Dec-09-13 10:26 pm
- Houston snaps 2-game skid, tops Alcorn State 89-58 Updated: Dec-09-13 9:47 pm
- Texas man headed to prison for stealing cologne Updated: Dec-09-13 9:47 pm
- Phillips era begins at Texans Updated: Dec-09-13 5:08 pm
- Sysco to buy US Foods for about $3.5B Updated: Dec-09-13 4:37 pm
- 3 pedestrian towers razed at Houston Astrodome Updated: Dec-09-13 4:11 pm
- Passenger awakes to find himself locked in plane Updated: Dec-09-13 1:47 pm
- Houston man arrested in fatal shooting of wife Updated: Dec-09-13 11:43 am
- Howard, Harden lead Rockets over Magic 98-88 Updated: Dec-08-13 11:38 pm
- Syracuse, Minnesota to meet in Texas Bowl Updated: Dec-08-13 10:33 pm
HOUSTON - The Houston school district board has given preliminary approval to a policy that would prohibit the use of mascots considered offensive or culturally insensitive.
HOUSTON - In a story Dec. 11 about an appeals court overturning a capital murder conviction in Texas, The Associated Press, based on information from a Texas Department of Criminal Justice document, erroneously reported that Angel Galvan Rivera was convicted and condemned in the slayings of Iona Dikes and Julia Fleenor. He was convicted and condemned in the 1984 death of Jewell Williamson Haygood. He was suspected in the slayings of Dikes and Fleenor.
FORT WORTH, Texas - TCU has hired Houston offensive coordinator Doug Meacham for the same job with the Horned Frogs.
HOUSTON - The National Women's Soccer League has announced the addition of its first expansion team - the Houston Dash.
HOUSTON - The Houston Texans will attempt to end the worst skid in franchise history in a place where they've never won.
HOUSTON - In the wake of 11 armored-car robberies in Houston, one transportation company wants the public and criminals to know its guards are armed and on the lookout for trouble.
HOUSTON - Attorneys for a Mexican national facing execution next month in Texas for killing a Houston police officer asked the state parole board Wednesday to recommend halting his punishment because the inmate wasn't told he could get legal help from the Mexican government under international treaty.
HOUSTON - Some speedy children in Houston have received more than $17,000 worth of toys and other Christmas gifts thanks to Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson.
HOUSTON - The Houston Chronicle has announced (http://bit.ly/1e5E4NK) that Vernon Loeb will leave The Washington Post to become its new managing editor.
HOUSTON - It's been years since tickets were sold for seats at the Astrodome, but for the next few days, the seats themselves will be up for sale.
HOUSTON - A parole officer in the Texas prison system has been convicted of three bribery-related counts and faces up to 60 years behind bars.
HOUSTON - Investigators say they've apprehended a Houston-area man wanted for murder after his girlfriend turned up missing and traces of blood were found at her home.
Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones knows how it goes this time of the season, with so much at stake for so many teams.
HOUSTON - A passenger who fell asleep while flying to Los Angeles said he awoke to discover himself alone and locked inside a dark, empty plane in Houston.
HOUSTON - Two administrators are no longer with the Houston Independent School District after facing felony drug charges in Alabama.
HOUSTON - A German engineering company has agreed to pay a $32 million fine as part of an agreement to settle charges it worked with a Texas company to bribe Nigerian officials in order to win a $387 million pipeline contract.
HOUSTON - The Houston Cougars snapped a two-game losing streak with an 89-58 win over Alcorn State Monday night.
HOUSTON - A Houston man is headed to state prison after he was sentenced for repeatedly stealing cologne and body wash from local stores.
HOUSTON - One of the largest food supply companies is buying one of its key rivals, creating an even larger, global distribution company.
HOUSTON - Three pedestrian ramp towers at the Astrodome have been demolished as the fate of the sprawling Houston icon remains uncertain.
HOUSTON - As the captain of an oil platform supply boat in the Gulf of Mexico, Tom Wagner is no stranger to bumps and other movement while he sleeps. So when he nodded off on a flight from Louisiana to Houston, it was no surprise that the landing bounce didn't wake him.
HOUSTON - A 45-year-old man has been arrested on a charge of murder after his wife was found dead of gunshot wounds at their Houston residence.
HOUSTON - Dwight Howard was late for the pregame shootaround. So he knew that playing on his 28th birthday, and against his former team, the onus was on him to both atone and deliver.
Minnesota improved by two wins in 2013, its best regular season in a decade.