- Ex-W. Virginia deputy's embezzlement conviction overturned Updated: Nov-28-15 3:56 pm
MARTINSBURG, West Virginia - A judge has overturned the embezzlement conviction of a former Berkeley County deputy.
- Woman charged with child abuse in son's brain injury Updated: Nov-20-15 10:39 am
MARTINSBURG, West Virginia - A 23-year-old Maryland woman has been charged with child abuse after authorities discovered her 14-month-old boy had been treated for a brain injury due to a car key being lodged in his head.
- West Virginia salvage yard agrees to pay $10K violation fine Updated: Nov-20-15 2:31 am
MARTINSBURG, West Virginia - A salvage yard business has agreed to pay a $10,000 fine for failure to obtain a water pollution-control permit.
- Facebook messages prompt judge to recuse self from case Updated: Nov-09-15 8:29 am
MARTINSBURG, West Virginia - A judge has recused himself from a former deputy's domestic assault case because he received Facebook messages from the officer's wife.
- Ex-teacher sentenced to home confinement on sex abuse charge Updated: Nov-08-15 12:07 pm
MARTINSBURG, West Virginia - A former Hedgesville High School teacher convicted of sexually abusing a student will serve at least 10 years on home confinement.
- US: key heroin distribution figure admits to role in ring Updated: Nov-06-15 2:31 am
MARTINSBURG, West Virginia - A 27-year-old Windsor, Maryland, man faces up to 20 years in prison for his leading role in a heroin trafficking ring that distributed the drug in West Virginia, Virginia and elsewhere.
- 2 former police officers charged with illegal gun sale Updated: Nov-04-15 12:42 pm
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - Two former law enforcement officers are charged with selling an illegal assault rifle and a high-capacity magazine banned by Maryland gun-control laws.
- State says Berkeley County plant exceeded emission limits Updated: Nov-03-15 7:12 am
MARTINSBURG, West Virginia - State regulators say a Berkeley County cement plant's dust emissions have exceeded the permitted limit.
- Study to examine bicycle needs in Eastern Panhandle region Updated: Nov-02-15 7:58 am
MARTINSBURG, West Virginia - A regional committee plans to study bicycle needs and priorities in West Virginia's Eastern Panhandle and Washington County, Maryland.
- Panhandle to be promoted at international film convention Updated: Oct-31-15 10:15 am
MARTINSBURG, West Virginia - Within the past few years, the Eastern Panhandle has become accustomed to playing host to production companies lining the streets with large vans and film crews shooting at different locations.