- 13-year-old accused of bringing gun to school Updated: Apr-15-14 9:47 am
- At 21, recovering heroin addict starts over Updated: Apr-08-14 1:02 am
- Ill. Senate OKs adding animals to protected list Updated: Apr-07-14 4:17 pm
- Illinois' next pension issue: Police, fire funds Updated: Apr-06-14 12:28 pm
- 9 kilos of heroin seized in suburban Chicago Updated: Apr-03-14 6:22 pm
- Chicago among many Ill. cities in pension straits Updated: Apr-01-14 6:41 pm
- EXCHANGE: Fantasy baseball league still a hit Updated: Mar-26-14 7:59 am
- Appeals court OKs resentencing for Aurora man Updated: Mar-19-14 2:55 pm
- Dairy magnate Oberweis wins GOP Senate primary Updated: Mar-19-14 12:34 am
- Senger wins Republican nomination for Congress Updated: Mar-18-14 11:17 pm
AURORA, Illinois - An 8th grader at a suburban Chicago middle school was charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon after a loaded handgun was found inside his locker.
AURORA, Illinois - Just out of Cook County Jail after being arrested with 15 bags of heroin, Cody Lewis had all of $11 in his pocket. But not for long.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - State lawmakers have approved a proposal that would add three animals to the list of protected species in Illinois.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - After addressing Illinois' own employee pension crisis, lawmakers now face an equally challenging task with the state's cities, as mayors demand help with underfunded police and firefighter pensions before the growing cost "chokes" budgets and forces local tax increases.
AURORA, Illinois - Authorities in Kane County say they've registered one of their largest heroin busts ever - seizing 9 kilograms with a street value of around $1.3 million.
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel's plan for fixing part of the nation's worst municipal pension crisis is now in the hands of state lawmakers - and it's likely just the first of many from cities across the state seeking legislative help for their employee retirement funds.
AURORA, Illinois - With a passion for baseball in his heart, $2.60 in his pocket and "nothing better to do" with his time, Rich Bentel, at 17 years old, began a relationship that now is older than his marriage, older than his career and among the longest-running of its kind in the world.
AURORA, Illinois - A state appeals court has ruled in favor of resentencing an Aurora man who was convicted of stabbing a World War II veteran to death in 2007.
CHICAGO - Illinois Republicans on Tuesday chose state senator and dairy magnate Jim Oberweis to challenge powerful, three-term Democratic U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin in November, as the party fights to remain relevant in a state in which Democrats hold almost all statewide offices and a substantial majority of congressional and legislative seats.
CHICAGO - Darlene Senger has emerged from a four-way primary field to win the Republican nomination for Congress in Illinois' 11th District.