- Court overturns 2007 western New York murder conviction Updated: Jul-02-15 5:06 am
ROCHESTER, New York - The state's highest court has overturned a murder conviction in which the suspect accused Monroe County's district attorney of prosecutorial misconduct.
- 90-year-old NY woman pushes wrong pedal, crashes into store Updated: Jul-02-15 3:08 am
SWEDEN, New York - A 90-year-old upstate New York woman trying to leave a handicapped parking spot for somebody more in need of it crashed her car through a shoe store window and injured an employee inside.
- NY man convicted of trying to kill ex-girlfriend and her son Updated: Jun-30-15 9:08 am
NEWARK, New York - A jury has convicted a western New York man of attempted murder in the wounding of his ex-girlfriend and the woman's 11-year-old son last December.
- Long prison terms for armed New York heroin traffickers Updated: Jun-28-15 7:02 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Two Rochester men have received lengthy federal prison sentences for their roles in an armed heroin trafficking operation.
- Fire destroys vacant 145-year-old church in Rochester Updated: Jun-26-15 7:59 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Fire crews remain at the scene of a blaze that has destroyed a vacant 145-year-old church in Rochester.
- NY plumber dies after being hit with metal pipe fitting Updated: Jun-25-15 7:01 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Officials say a plumbing contractor has died after being hit with a pipe fitting while working at a Rochester hospital.
- Syracuse Ironman athletes to get medal with correct skyline Updated: Jun-24-15 2:06 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - The athletes who covered more than 70 miles through the Syracuse area while competing in last week's Ironman event will be getting a second medal for the effort.
- Pastor walks line between leading, comforting Emanuel AME Updated: Jun-24-15 8:55 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The Rev. Norvel Goff will walk into Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church for Bible study keenly aware of the crushing burden now on his shoulders: to be a comforter, a teacher, a man of God and most powerfully, a leader of a church whose heart is heavy with the tragic loss of its senior pastor and eight members.
- Man sentenced to 25 years to life in prison for 2013 killing Updated: Jun-24-15 5:55 am
ROCHESTER, New York - A 22-year-old New York man has been sentenced to 25 years to life in prison in the 2013 home invasion and killing of a Rochester man.
- Pair of 16-year-olds face rape charges in western New York Updated: Jun-24-15 5:53 am
WEBSTER, New York - Two western New York teens have been arrested and charged with rape.
- Allegiant adding Florida flights from Rochester in October Updated: Jun-23-15 10:44 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Nevada-based Allegiant Air says it will start non-stop service from Rochester to Fort Lauderdale, Florida, this fall.
- AHL player Paetsch pleads guilty to role in gambling ring Updated: Jun-22-15 9:54 pm
BUFFALO, New York - A professional hockey player pleaded guilty Monday to being part of an illegal sports betting business that took wagers from other players.
- Worker dies after falling into New York river Updated: Jun-22-15 1:02 pm
ROCHESTER, New York - Authorities say a contractor working on a Rochester road project has drowned after falling into the Genesee River.
- New York school drops Orientals nickname for sports teams Updated: Jun-19-15 8:01 am
ROCHESTER, New York - A New York high school whose sports teams have been called the Orientals for more than a century is ditching the nickname.
- New exhibit highlights Rochester's role in Civil War Updated: Jun-19-15 3:08 am
ROCHESTER, New York - A new exhibit at a Rochester museum details the impact of technology and the role western New York soldiers and businessmen played in the Civil War.
- New York man sentenced to 18 years to life for killing teen Updated: Jun-18-15 5:47 am
ROCHESTER, New York - A western New York man has been sentenced to 18 years to life in prison for shooting into a group of people and killing a 15-year-old boy.
- Ag deputy secretary discusses women in agriculture Updated: Jun-17-15 3:05 am
ROCHESTER, New York - A federal agriculture official is in New York to talk about bringing more women into leadership roles in agriculture.
- Roads closed from weekend flooding caused by heavy rains Updated: Jun-15-15 9:01 am
RICHMOND, New York - Some roads remain closed, homes have been damaged and emergency crews have been called out in several western New York counties where heavy rains over the weekend caused major flooding.
- Investigators probe triple shooting in western New York Updated: Jun-15-15 3:46 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Authorities are investigating a shooting in western New York that injured three men.
- Upstate NY museum gets DAR award for D-Day airplane project Updated: Jun-12-15 3:13 am
GENESEO, New York - A western New York museum has received national recognition from the Daughters of the American Revolution for restoring a U.S. transport plane that dropped paratroopers over Normandy during the D-Day invasion 71 years ago last week.
- Possible tornado being checked out near Rochester Updated: Jun-11-15 11:32 am
FARMINGTON, New York - The National Weather Service will try to determine if a tornado caused some of the damage left behind when severe storms rolled across western New York, knocking out power to more than 10,000 utility customers.
- Kodak, Oak Ridge lab collaborate to attract start-ups Updated: Jun-10-15 3:05 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Kodak and the U.S. Energy Department's largest science lab have announced a collaboration aimed at getting more high-tech start-up companies to locate in Rochester.
- Imprisoned man sentenced for 15-year-old killing Updated: Jun-09-15 3:06 am
ROCHESTER, New York - A New York man who is already in prison for murder has received another prison term for a killing that happened 15 years ago.
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in weekend shooting on Rochester street Updated: Jun-08-15 10:02 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Police are investigating a weekend shooting in Rochester that left one man dead and another hospitalized.