- Ryan: Bills hiring Pat Meyer has no ties to Kromer's status Updated: Jul-31-15 4:41 pm
PITTSFORD, New York - Buffalo Bills coach Rex Ryan says Pat Meyer's addition to his staff has nothing to do with offensive line coach Aaron Kromer being placed on paid leave for allegedly punching a boy in Florida.
- McCoy creates buzz as Buffalo Bills open training camp Updated: Jul-31-15 4:35 pm
PITTSFORD, New York - After LeSean McCoy's arrival in March excited much of the Buffalo Bills' fan base, the running back decided to give back on the first day of training camp.
- Bills defensive end Williams passes physical, joins camp Updated: Jul-31-15 10:57 am
PITTSFORD, New York - The Buffalo Bills say defensive end Mario Williams has passed his physical and was activated in time for the team's opening practice at training camp.
- 2 men killed in separate motorcycle crashes near Rochester Updated: Jul-31-15 8:21 am
GATES, New York - Authorities say two men have been killed in separate motorcycle crashes that occurred on suburban Rochester roads within hours of each other.
- Bills place Williams on active/non-football injury list Updated: Jul-30-15 5:09 pm
PITTSFORD, New York - The Buffalo Bills have place three players on the active/non-football injury list, including Pro Bowl defensive end Mario Williams.
- High expectations apparent as Buffalo Bills set to open camp Updated: Jul-29-15 7:23 pm
PITTSFORD, New York - Buffalo Bills defensive tackle Kyle Williams sensed a difference upon reporting for his 10th training camp.
- AP source: Offensive tackle Cherilus visits Buffalo Bills Updated: Jul-29-15 4:56 pm
PITTSFORD, New York - A person familiar with Gosder Cherilus' visit with the Buffalo Bills tells The Associated Press that the free-agent offensive tackle has completed his meeting and intends to visit other teams.
- Cunneyworth returns for 2nd stint to coach Sabres' AHL team Updated: Jul-28-15 5:13 pm
ROCHESTER, New York - Randy Cunneyworth is returning to the Rochester Americans for a second time to coach the Buffalo Sabres' American Hockey League affiliate.
- 2 separate shootings within minutes of each other injure 3 Updated: Jul-28-15 7:01 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Investigators say three people have been injured after two shootings in Rochester that happened within minutes of each other.
- Sabres shakeup: Brandon replaces Black as team president Updated: Jul-27-15 6:03 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Bills president Russ Brandon dressed for the occasion Monday, when it came time to discuss his new expanded role of overseeing Buffalo's other pro sports franchise, the NHL's Sabres.
- NY wins $600 million hub for photonics research, development Updated: Jul-27-15 5:12 pm
ROCHESTER, New York - Rochester, whose fortunes have risen and fallen with the demand for futuristic technologies from former powerhouses like Xerox and Kodak, is looking for its next big breakthrough in the field of integrated photonics, a light science with the potential to transform communications, medicine and national defense.
- Special Olympics gets largest single private donation, $25M Updated: Jul-27-15 9:34 am
ROCHESTER, New York - The Special Olympics has received a $25 million donation, the largest single private gift in the organization's 47-year history.
- World Cup hero Carli Lloyd rips, scores on former NWSL team Updated: Jul-26-15 10:35 pm
ROCHESTER, New York - Carli Lloyd, the World Cup final hero for the U.S. women's team, had sharp criticism for her former NWSL team that didn't abate after she scored the winner over the weekend.
- Bronze bust of German literary giant stolen from NY park Updated: Jul-24-15 8:05 am
ROCHESTER, New York - A bronze bust of German literary giant Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (GUR'-tuh) has been stolen from its pedestal at a western New York park.
- Dredging, big rainstorms turn Lake Ontario waters muddy Updated: Jul-23-15 8:07 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Heavy rains that drenched western New York recently are being blamed for turning the waters of Lake Ontario into a muddy color along the shoreline in the Rochester area.
- Memorial for slain Rochester police officer set on fire Updated: Jul-23-15 6:53 am
ROCHESTER, New York - A makeshift memorial honoring a slain Rochester police officer has been burned.
- Family: Victim of fatal shooting was refugee from Nepal Updated: Jul-22-15 7:21 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Relatives and co-workers of a man fatally shot in Rochester last weekend say he was a refugee from Nepal and the father of seven children.
- German city to name street after NY soldier killed in WWII Updated: Jul-21-15 3:08 am
ROCHESTER, New York - A German city is naming a street after an American soldier from western New York whose death during World War II was captured by famed combat photographer Robert Capra.
- 1 of 2 dogs swept away in western NY creek is found safe Updated: Jul-20-15 12:16 pm
EAST ROCHESTER, New York - One of a family's two dogs swept away by the strong current in a suburban Rochester creek has been found safe and is recovering at home.
- Anne Park wins her first Symetra Tour title Updated: Jul-19-15 6:14 pm
ROCHESTER, New York - Anne Park won the inaugural Toyota Danielle Downey Classic on Sunday for her first Symetra Tour title, holding off former Solheim Cup player Vicky Hurst.
- Shrinking Kodak takes on new role: startup landlord Updated: Jul-18-15 3:34 pm
ROCHESTER, New York - The chemical know-how and machines that spooled out countless miles of film are being eyed for medical marijuana and solar cells, while the private rail line now carries tomatoes alongside coal as photography pioneer Kodak, its bankruptcy behind it, embraces a new role: startup landlord.
- Former New York hoops star convicted of drug and gun charges Updated: Jul-17-15 9:43 am
ROCHESTER, New York - A former Rochester high school basketball star who went on to play professionally overseas and briefly in the NBA has been convicted of drug and gun charges in federal court.
- Man charged with starting fire that destroyed former church Updated: Jul-17-15 7:44 am
ROCHESTER, New York - Authorities have charged a 35-year-old man with starting a fire that destroyed a former Rochester church built a few years after the Civil War.
- Man sentenced for killing Rochester police officer last year Updated: Jul-17-15 7:34 am
ROCHESTER, New York - A 39-year-old man has been sentenced to life in prison without parole for fatally shooting a Rochester police officer last year.
- Defense contractor Harris to cut 360 jobs in Fort Wayne Updated: Jul-16-15 8:13 am
FORT WAYNE, Indiana - A contractor with the U.S. military says it's getting rid of 360 jobs in its Fort Wayne facility as it moves radio manufacturing to an existing plant in Rochester, New York.