- Sweden celebrates king's 70th with ABBA's 'Dancing Queen' Updated: Apr-30-16 1:45 pm
STOCKHOLM - Royals from around the world flew in, loyal Swedes lined the streets of Stockholm and the sounds of ABBA's "Dancing Queen" rang out from an army band on Saturday as Sweden celebrated King Carl XVI Gustaf's 70th birthday.
- The Latest: Black boxes found in Norwegian helicopter crash Updated: Apr-29-16 1:57 pm
COPENHAGEN, Denmark - The Latest on the crash of a helicopter on an island off western Norway (all times local):
- Swedish court lowers sentence to doctor for abducting woman Updated: Apr-28-16 6:25 am
STOCKHOLM - An appeals court in Sweden has reduced the sentence given to a Swedish doctor who abducted a woman and kept her locked up in a bunker for almost a week.
- Electrolux sees strong rise in first quarter profit Updated: Apr-28-16 4:13 am
STOCKHOLM - Swedish home appliance maker Electrolux says its first-quarter income rose 158 percent to 875 million kronor ($108 million), citing increasing demand in Europe and North America.
- Swedish Greens jolted by claims of Islamist infiltration Updated: Apr-26-16 10:21 am
STOCKHOLM - One refused to shake hands with a female journalist. Another compared Israel to Nazi Germany. A third was seen doing hand signs associated with Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood in the background of a live TV broadcast.
- Swedish security police check info that media call a threat Updated: Apr-26-16 6:58 am
STOCKHOLM - Sweden's security service said Tuesday it is "working to assess information" after Swedish media reported that Iraqi authorities had told the agency about alleged Islamic State militants who were reportedly planning a terror attack in Stockholm.
- Sweden's newborn prince to be named Alexander Updated: Apr-21-16 6:27 am
STOCKHOLM - Sweden's palace has announced that the latest addition to the royal family will be named Prince Alexander.
- Ericsson's profits rise 49 percent, but sales down Updated: Apr-21-16 6:16 am
STOCKHOLM - Networks maker Ericsson's profits jumped 49 percent in the first quarter but the results were lower than expected and the company announced a shakeup of its leadership structure to drive growth.
- Swedish minister quits, accused of links to Turkish radicals Updated: Apr-18-16 10:32 am
STOCKHOLM - Sweden's housing minister stepped down Monday amid mounting questions over his contacts with Islamists and ultra-nationalists from his native Turkey.
- Sweden arrests suspect for planning terror crimes abroad Updated: Apr-14-16 7:40 am
STOCKHOLM - Swedish prosecutors say a 25-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of planning terror crimes abroad.
- Sweden arrests man wanted in Germany for terror crimes Updated: Apr-13-16 11:58 am
STOCKHOLM - Swedish police have arrested a 35-year-old foreign man wanted by German police on suspicion of terror-linked crimes in 2014, officials said Wednesday.
- Insulting remarks about Armenia forces resignation in Sweden Updated: Apr-11-16 11:01 am
STOCKHOLM - The deputy chairman of a Swedish-Turkish association has resigned after derogatory comments he made about Armenians last week.
- Swedes invite world to call 'random' citizens on new hotline Updated: Apr-07-16 1:18 pm
STOCKHOLM - Ever felt like calling up a complete stranger in Sweden?
- Global military spending nearly $1.7T amid Mideast conflicts Updated: Apr-05-16 10:22 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Global military spending rose in 2015 to nearly $1.7 trillion, the first increase in several years, driven by conflicts including the battle against the Islamic State group, the Saudi-led war in Yemen and fears about Iran, a report released Tuesday shows.