- 2 people chained to Shell ship north of Seattle Updated: May-23-15 5:11 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - Two people have chained themselves to a support ship that is part of Royal Dutch Shell's exploratory oil drilling plans and currently moored in Washington state.
- Oregon community takes unusual approach to sea lion problem Updated: May-23-15 2:34 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - An Oregon community is bringing in some unusual help to try to fix their sea lion problem. They're hoping a fake killer whale from Bellingham, Washington, will do the trick.
- License suspended for Bellingham nurse after patient death Updated: May-15-15 8:59 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - The Washington state Department of Health has suspended the license of a nurse after a resident died in her care at a Bellingham nursing home.
- Northwest Indian College launches space center Updated: May-15-15 1:43 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - Six years ago, a handful of Northwest Indian College robotics students were looking for something to do when they came up with what they considered a relatively easy and fun idea: launching rockets.
- Hundreds of Bellingham hospital workers on 1-day strike Updated: May-14-15 2:01 am
BELLINGHAM, Washington - Hundreds of workers at a Bellingham, Washington, hospital have walked out in what they say is a one-day strike.
- BNSF: Man fatally injured by freight train in Bellingham Updated: May-13-15 10:40 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - A Burlington Northern Santa Fe spokesman says a man hit by a freight train in Bellingham, Washington, has died.
- Woman charged with arson in Bellingham for fire at her home Updated: May-11-15 9:58 am
BELLINGHAM, Washington - Court documents show a Bellingham-area woman was drunk when officers witnessed her setting her own home on fire with her 12-year-old daughter inside.
- Charges: woman drunk when she set house on fire Updated: May-10-15 2:34 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - Whatcom County prosecutors say a 38-year-old woman was drunk when she allegedly lit her house on fire while her 12-year-old daughter was sleeping inside.
- Police arrest man for alleged assault with cattle prod Updated: May-07-15 6:16 am
BELLINGHAM, Washington - A Bellingham man is facing assault charges after allegedly poking another man with a cattle prod because he was dating his 25-year-old daughter.
- Police catch Washington woman setting fire to her home Updated: May-07-15 6:14 am
BELLINGHAM, Washington - A 38-year-old woman is facing charges after investigators watched her set fire to her home while her 12-year-old daughter slept inside.
- Health officials close recreational shellfish harvest Updated: May-06-15 1:14 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - State health officials have closed all recreational shellfish harvesting on beaches in northern Whatcom County after tests found unsafe levels of a biotoxin.
- Bellingham man accused of shooting corgi dies before trial Updated: May-04-15 11:19 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - A man charged with killing a neighbor's dog in Bellingham has died before his case could go to trial.
- Bellingham pedestrians cited after being struck by trooper Updated: May-04-15 10:43 am
BELLINGHAM, Washington - After a months-long investigation, the Washington State Patrol says a trooper who hit two pedestrians with his patrol car in Bellingham last December won't face any consequences for it.
- Whatcom County fire chief resigning amid labor tensions Updated: May-01-15 11:44 am
BELLINGHAM, Washington - The chief of Whatcom County's largest fire district says he plans to resign amid a labor tensions and criticism of his leadership.
- New jail may include mental health, substance abuse facility Updated: May-01-15 8:19 am
BELLINGHAM, Washington - Whatcom County Council members are considering a task force to work on incorporating alcohol and drug treatment programs with a new jail proposal that's been years in the making.
- WWU investigated over response to report of sexual violence Updated: Apr-30-15 2:34 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - The U.S. Department of Education is investigating Western Washington University over its response to a report of sexual violence.
- Man who left bank with found money sentenced to jail Updated: Apr-28-15 9:23 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - A man who found $2,000 in an unmarked envelope in a bank in Bellingham, Washington, then walked out with the money and spent it, has been sentenced to four months in jail for second-degree theft.
- Bellingham airport could see big dip in passengers this year Updated: Apr-27-15 9:14 am
BELLINGHAM, Washington - This summer could see as large as a 35 percent dip in passengers at Bellingham International Airport due to lost flights and fewer Canadian passengers.
- Road to popular Mount Baker destination could open early Updated: Apr-24-15 9:56 am
BELLINGHAM, Washington - State transportation crews have started clearing snow from the road leading to a popular at the end of the Mount Baker Highway.