- Bellingham take possession of meth-contaminated motel Updated: Sep-03-15 5:59 am
BELLINGHAM, Washington - The city of Bellingham is one step closer to razing the condemned Aloha Motel.
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over grocery deal Updated: Sep-01-15 9:31 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - The small grocery-store chain Haggen on Tuesday sued Albertsons for more than $1 billion in damages, alleging the supermarket giant engaged in systematic efforts to eliminate it as a viable competitor in five states.
- Highway 20 reopens as North Cascades wildfire danger eases Updated: Aug-31-15 5:16 am
BELLINGHAM, Washington - Highway 20 through the North Cascades National Park has reopened after being closed more than a week due to wildfires.
- Chemical fire in WWU chemistry building caused by spill Updated: Aug-28-15 9:08 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - A fire in a chemistry lab at Western Washington University was apparently caused by an accidental chemical spill.
- Chemical fire at Western Washington University Updated: Aug-27-15 1:52 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - The cause of a chemical fire that broke out in a chemistry lab at Western Washington University still hasn't been determined.
- Man charged in death of Bellingham woman Updated: Aug-26-15 11:26 am
BELLINGHAM, Washington - A man has been accused of fatally shooting a woman in the head at her Bellingham apartment.
- No one injured in chemical fire at Western Washington Updated: Aug-25-15 9:31 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - Western Washington University says no one was injured in a Tuesday afternoon chemical fire in the school's chemistry building.
- Another deer shot by poacher in Bellingham city limits Updated: Aug-24-15 7:41 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - Another deer has died after being shot by a poacher within the Bellingham city limits.
- Woman sentenced to year, 1 day in prison in arson case Updated: Aug-24-15 1:28 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - A Bellingham woman is going to prison and undergoing a mental health evaluation as part of her sentence in an arson case.
- Native Americans' totem pole journeys to oppose coal exports Updated: Aug-21-15 8:58 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A Native American tribe is taking a 22-foot totem pole from Canada through the Pacific Northwest to Montana in opposition of proposed coal export terminals.
- Man turns himself in after shooting in Bellingham Updated: Aug-20-15 2:49 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - A man who witnesses say left the scene of an early morning shooting in Bellingham has turned himself in.
- Lummi man gets 2 years for repeatedly beating wife Updated: Aug-19-15 6:13 am
BELLINGHAM, Washington - A Lummi man accused of slamming his wife's head through a wall has been sentenced to two years in prison.
- Bellingham dentist killed by boulder in North Cascades Updated: Aug-12-15 11:56 am
BELLINGHAM, Washington - A Bellingham dentist has died after being struck by a falling boulder while hiking in North Cascades National Park.
- BNSF Railway fined for treated railroad ties in water Updated: Aug-11-15 2:50 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - Washington State Department of Ecology has fined BNSF Railway $86,000 for placing creosote-treated railroad ties and other materials from maintenance projects in Whatcom and Skagit county water bodies.
- $1 million bail for woman charged with killing husband, son Updated: Aug-11-15 11:53 am
BELLINGHAM, Washington - A judge has set a $1 million bail for a former Whatcom County teacher charged with killing her husband and their 1-year-old son.
- Group sues Whatcom County over redistricting ballot question Updated: Aug-10-15 6:19 am
BELLINGHAM, Washington - A group of conservative activists is suing Whatcom County to remove a proposal from the November ballot that would redraw the county's political districts.
- Heat causes fish to die at Whatcom Falls hatchery Updated: Aug-07-15 11:25 am
BELLINGHAM, Washington - Water that was too warm killed about 5,400 rainbow trout at the Whatcom Falls Park hatchery during a summer marked by drought and high temperatures.
- Washington state trooper dies on duty near Yakima Updated: Aug-06-15 11:55 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - A state trooper from Whatcom County died Thursday from an apparent medical emergency while on duty near Yakima.
- Bellingham police consider 'predictive policing' software Updated: Aug-06-15 11:58 am
BELLINGHAM, Washington - The Bellingham Police Department wants to adopt software to help officers predict where crimes are most likely to occur.