- Guilty plea for breaking Ferndale police windows Updated: Mar-07-14 12:58 pm
- Delightful winter hikes in Whatcom County Updated: Mar-05-14 4:05 pm
- Washington cities eye moves involving oil trains Updated: Mar-03-14 3:07 pm
- Whatcom refineries seek property tax reductions Updated: Mar-03-14 12:08 pm
- 2 women charged with murder in Bellingham overdose Updated: Feb-25-14 10:35 am
- Man dies by own car on slick hill near Bellingham Updated: Feb-24-14 8:37 am
- Seattle firefighter pleads not guilty to rape Updated: Feb-21-14 4:27 pm
- Man exposing himself near Bellingham university Updated: Feb-21-14 12:51 pm
- Arrest in stray bullet fatality at Ferndale BBQ Updated: Feb-14-14 12:02 pm
- Avalanche victim credits guide for her survival Updated: Feb-14-14 1:28 am
- Men killed in Oregon slide were ski guide, client Updated: Feb-13-14 10:34 pm
- Irish developer for possible Bellingham project Updated: Feb-13-14 7:52 pm
- Washington coal terminal to get extensive review Updated: Feb-12-14 4:36 pm
- Fireworks blamed for Bellingham fire Updated: Feb-10-14 8:41 am
- Fungus killing trumpeter swans in Whatcom County Updated: Feb-07-14 1:34 pm
BELLINGHAM, Washington - A man who broke into the Ferndale police station in December and broke windows while officers were away pleaded guilty to burglary and malicious mischief.
BELLINGHAM, Washington - Heading up from the Fragrance Lake trailhead, I soon cross the Interurban Trail, the route of an old trolley line from Bellingham, then plunge into a thick, twilit forest of 100-year-old firs, cedars and hemlocks among a carpet of swordferns that rival the size of an Arthurian broadsword.
SEATTLE - Concerned about fire and other safety issues, cities in Washington state are eyeing increased oversight of oil trains that rumble through communities.
BELLINGHAM, Washington - The two oil refineries in Whatcom County are challenging their property assessments, and millions of dollars in taxes are at stake.
BELLINGHAM, Washington - Two woman accused of giving a Bellingham man a heroin overdose to take his bank card are charged with second-degree murder.
BELLINGHAM, Washington - A Bellingham man was killed by his own car Sunday afternoon as he was trying to make his way up a snow-covered hill in the Sudden Valley community east of Bellingham.
BELLINGHAM, Washington - A 52-year-old Seattle firefighter accused of having sex with a 15-year-old girl pleaded not guilty Friday to child rape charges in Bellingham.
BELLINGHAM, Washington - Police are looking for a man who may be responsible for four incidents of exposing himself and sneaking around houses and peering into windows at rental housing near the Western Washington University campus in Bellingham.
BELLINGHAM, Washington - Investigators believe a target shooter was firing a semi-automatic rifle from the hip when he fired the shot that killed a woman at a Father's Day barbecue a half-mile away near Ferndale.
PORTLAND, Oregon - A backcountry skier who suffered two broken legs in a deadly avalanche credits much of her survival to the guide who "scarcely left her side" as they waited roughly 30 hours for rescuers to overcome dangerous conditions and remove her from the slope.
PORTLAND, Oregon - A backcountry ski guide and his client were identified Thursday as the people killed in an Eastern Oregon avalanche, while two of their rescued companions were recovering at a hospital after suffering broken bones and spending more than 24 hours stranded on a snowy slope.
BELLINGHAM, Washington - The Port of Bellingham may begin negotiations on a waterfront redevelopment contract with a Dublin, Ireland-based firm.
SEATTLE - State and local regulators said Wednesday they'll consider a sweeping environmental review of the effects of a proposed terminal along the Columbia River in Washington that would export millions of tons of coal to Asia.
BELLINGHAM, Washington - Investigators believe a fire that destroyed a century-old building on the Bellingham waterfront was started by fireworks.
BELLINGHAM, Washington - A fungal infection from moldy grain has been killing dozens of trumpeter swans wintering on Wiser Lake in Whatcom County.