- SportAccord's Vizer issues 20-point plan for talks with IOC Updated: May-21-15 2:07 pm
LONDON - As more sports cut ties with his umbrella association, SportAccord chief Marius Vizer issued a 20-point plan Thursday for discussions with the IOC - including prize money for Olympic athletes and a 50 percent stake for federations in the new Olympic television channel.
- SportAccord chief Vizer seeks talks with IOC to repair ties Updated: May-19-15 12:51 pm
LONDON - A month after launching a scathing attack on the IOC, the head of SportAccord said Tuesday he wants to meet with Thomas Bach to repair the damage that has led multiple sports to cut ties with the umbrella body for international federations.
- Russia's Putin plays with NHL veterans, scoring 8 goals Updated: May-16-15 2:59 pm
MOSCOW - Russian President Vladimir Putin has played in an exhibition hockey game and scored one goal after another on assists from retired NHL players.
- Sochi hockey players start legal battle for pay Updated: May-13-15 1:29 pm
MOSCOW - Players at the Sochi hockey club that forms a major part of the legacy of last year's Winter Olympics are to start a legal battle over months of unpaid wages.
- No breakthrough as Kerry meets Russia's Putin Updated: May-12-15 5:06 pm
SOCHI, Russia - The United States and Russia emerged Tuesday from their most extensive, high-level talks in years vowing closer cooperation on Ukraine and Syria but unable to point to any breakthrough or new approach to bridge the major differences separating the two powers.
- Kerry heads to Russia in first visit since Ukraine crisis Updated: May-11-15 3:52 pm
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry departed Monday for Russia to meet with President Vladimir Putin, on his first visit to the country since relations between Washington and Moscow plummeted to post-Cold War lows amid disagreements over Ukraine and Syria.