- Nobach's RBI double in 8th lifts Oregon State past Texas Updated: May-29-15 10:42 pm
DALLAS - Kyle Nobach hit a tiebreaking double in the eighth inning, and Oregon State beat Texas 5-4 in the first round of the Dallas Regional on Friday.
- 4 more bodies found after Texas flooding Updated: May-29-15 9:44 pm
DALLAS - Authorities said Friday they reclaimed four more bodies from Texas waters, adding to the growing death toll inflicted by record-setting storms that continue to submerge highways and flood homes.
- Latest on flooding: Texan swept away in storm confirmed dead Updated: May-29-15 2:32 pm
1:10 p.m. (CDT)
- McClain, Bryant on offseason missing list for Dallas Cowboys Updated: May-27-15 6:30 pm
IRVING, Texas - The Cowboys figured they would be without receiver Dez Bryant most of the offseason because of the star receiver's contract situation.
- Exxon shareholders to vote on climate change, fracking Updated: May-27-15 5:42 pm
DALLAS - Shareholders of big oil companies overwhelmingly rejected several environmental resolutions including proposals to put climate-change experts on their boards and set goals for greenhouse-gas emissions.
- Man sentenced in death of woman who called 911 during attack Updated: May-27-15 1:03 am
DALLAS - Jurors have sentenced a Dallas man to 85 years in prison for the murder of his ex-wife, who was attacked as a 911 operator listened.
- Cowboys add former first-round draft pick WR AJ Jenkins Updated: May-26-15 2:25 pm
- 3 killed in 2-vehicle collision at dark rural intersection Updated: May-23-15 1:00 pm
RED OAK, Texas - Three people were killed when a sport utility vehicle slammed broadside into a pickup truck at a dark rural intersection south of Dallas.
- Dallas girl, 15, gets 40-year prison term for infant's death Updated: May-23-15 9:52 am
DALLAS - A 15-year-old Dallas girl has been sentenced to 40 years in prison for the slaying of a 2-month-old baby drowned in a shallow bowl of water.
- Scandrick signs 1-year extension with Cowboys through 2019 Updated: May-22-15 5:03 pm
IRVING, Texas - Cornerback Orlando Scandrick has the raise he sought by skipping the first two weeks of voluntary offseason workouts with the Dallas Cowboys.
- Dallas girl, 14, gets 40 years in custody for drowning baby Updated: May-22-15 2:01 pm
DALLAS - A 14-year-old Dallas girl has been sentenced to the maximum 40 years in custody for drowning an infant she was watching.
- 1st human Texas case of West Nile virus reported this year Updated: May-22-15 5:02 am
DALLAS - A Harris County resident has contracted the first human case of the West Nile virus in Texas this year.
- Man who paid $350,000 kills endangered black rhino in Africa Updated: May-21-15 2:57 pm
DALLAS - A Texas man who bid $350,000 to hunt a black rhinoceros in Africa in what was billed as a conservation fundraiser has killed one of the endangered animals, a Dallas Safari Club official said Thursday.
- Argentina to play Mexico in Sept 8 exhibition in Dallas area Updated: May-21-15 12:09 pm
NEW YORK - Mexico's national team will play Argentina on Sept. 8 in an exhibition soccer game at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
- Storm-related high water closing some North Texas parks Updated: May-20-15 7:14 pm
HICKORY CREEK, Texas - In a quiet corner of Hickory Creek Park, Lewisville Lake laps against the edge of the access road, covers nearby picnic areas to the tabletop and leaves just an inch or two of the barbecue grills poking above water.
- Cowboys sign second-round pick Randy Gregory Updated: May-20-15 4:36 pm
IRVING, Texas - Randy Gregory will be under contract when the Dallas Cowboys have their first full offseason practice next week.
- Dallas doctor indicted in $5M health care fraud billing case Updated: May-20-15 3:14 pm
DALLAS - A Dallas anesthesiologist has been indicted on 17 counts of health care fraud in what investigators say involves $5 million in fraudulent billing.
- Correction: Presidential Expenses story Updated: May-20-15 1:37 pm
WASHINGTON - In a story May 19 about expenses for former presidents, The Associated Press reported erroneously that former President George H.W. Bush left office in 1989. He took office that year and left office in 1993.
- Dallas-area man condemned for killing 2 loses federal appeal Updated: May-20-15 11:36 am
HOUSTON - A federal appeals court has refused an appeal from a 41-year-old man sent to death row for the slayings of two Dallas-area sandwich shop workers during robbery almost 13 years ago.
- Old Red Museum in Dallas faces repair of leaks, storm damage Updated: May-19-15 9:43 am
DALLAS - Every time it rained in downtown Dallas, the staff of the Old Red Museum would rush to stop water from streaming down the walls and through the ceilings of the historic county courthouse.
- 2 Dallas council candidates allege voter fraud in challenge Updated: May-19-15 2:16 am
DALLAS - Two candidates who lost in the Dallas City Council race for District 8 have filed an election challenge, saying the results were rigged.
- Kraft-Goodell relationship frayed by NFL investigation Updated: May-18-15 5:27 pm
- JFK's sailboat fails to sell at auction in Dallas Updated: May-18-15 4:19 pm
DALLAS - A sailboat once owned and raced by President John F. Kennedy has failed to sell at auction in Dallas.
- Dallas area has 3.3 magnitude earthquake; nobody hurt Updated: May-18-15 3:24 pm
DALLAS - The Dallas area has been shaken by a 3.3 magnitude earthquake.
- Head shop chain, 28 individuals indicted in fake pot case Updated: May-16-15 3:47 pm
DALLAS - A Texas head shop chain, its owner and his daughter are among almost three dozen businesses and individuals accused in a federal indictment involving an alleged synthetic marijuana distribution ring.