- Vandals attack bust of US justice who reaffirmed slavery Updated: Oct-13-15 7:08 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - Police in Maryland say two suspects vandalized a bust of the Supreme Court justice who wrote the 1857 Dred Scott decision reaffirming slavery.
- Man accused in wife's fatal shooting faced child sex charges Updated: Oct-09-15 1:01 pm
A day after he was released on bail, a man charged with child sex abuse shot and killed his wife in their Mount Airy, Maryland, home and called 911, authorities say.
- 4 rabid bats found in downtown Frederick since August Updated: Sep-28-15 9:54 am
FREDERICK, Maryland - Officials say another rabid bat has been found in Frederick.
- New downtown pasta business hopes to cater to all palates Updated: Sep-20-15 9:01 am
FREDERICK, Maryland - Long strands of pasta in a rainbow spectrum of colors hang in the glass display window of the stone storefront on Market Street downtown. A colorful artist's palette has replaced the glowing, yellow-eyed black cat that once hung from its entrance.
- Aircraft goes down in Md. field, no injuries reported Updated: Sep-19-15 3:20 pm
FREDERICK, Maryland - Authorities say a pilot who downed his aircraft in a farm field in Frederick after experiencing engine trouble was uninjured in the incident.
- Frederick approves MedImmune expansion, road improvements Updated: Sep-18-15 7:03 am
FREDERICK, Maryland - The city of Frederick has finalized a loan package that will approve expansion of MedImmune's Frederick biotech manufacturing plant and improve roads around the business.
- Flying Dog Brewery's $2.55M purchase of city land approved Updated: Sep-18-15 6:39 am
FREDERICK, Maryland - City elected officials have approved a contract with Flying Dog Brewery to sell 31 acres of vacant farmland near Frederick Municipal Airport for $2.55 million.
- Board of Public Works to vote on grant for Douglass memorial Updated: Sep-16-15 4:08 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland's Board of Public Works has approved a $100,000 grant for a memorial to abolitionist Frederick Douglass.
- Plant's expansion to continue with Frederick County support Updated: Sep-16-15 7:26 am
FREDERICK, Maryland - The Frederick County Council has voted to financially support the expansion of MedImmune's Frederick manufacturing plant, a project the company says will bring 300 new jobs.
- Mom seeks clarity on standardized testing rules for disabled Updated: Sep-14-15 10:25 am
WOODSBORO, Maryland - Back in 2010, Nikki Moberly secured a legislative victory in Annapolis for her daughter, Erin, who is just entering high school this year but whose intellectual capabilities are comparable to those of a 3-month-old baby, Moberly said.