- Wall's triple-double leads Wizards to 106-94 win over 76ers Updated: Feb-05-16 10:56 pm
WASHINGTON - Wizards coach Randy Wittman loved John Wall's defensive rebounding. Philadelphia coach Brett Brown compared Wall to a Maserati.
- Postponed Jazz-Wizards game rescheduled for Feb. 18 Updated: Feb-05-16 4:32 pm
- Capitals' Ovechkin scores winner in return vs. Islanders Updated: Feb-04-16 11:26 pm
WASHINGTON - Braden Holtby began feeling like he was playing the first game after a summer off, and Alex Ovechkin needed a few shifts to get back into a rhythm. Once they got going, the Washington Capitals were back to normal.
- Peace deal in reach, Obama says US to help Colombia rebuild Updated: Feb-04-16 10:04 pm
WASHINGTON - Nudging Colombia toward a peace deal that's finally within reach, President Barack Obama committed the United States on Thursday to helping the battle-scarred nation rebuild after half a century of guerrilla conflict.
- No charges in fatal police shooting in DC subway tunnel Updated: Feb-04-16 6:47 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal prosecutors say they won't pursue charges against a Metro Transit Police officer who fatally shot a man in a tunnel last year.
- General says troop cuts constrain Afghan training mission Updated: Feb-04-16 6:11 pm
WASHINGTON - The ability to train and advise the still green Afghan security forces will be constrained if the U.S. troop level is cut to 5,500 as President Barack Obama has proposed, the senior American commander in Afghanistan said on Thursday.
- Obama salutes NBA champs at White House Updated: Feb-04-16 5:32 pm
WASHINGTON - A basketball enthusiast, President Barack Obama applauded the Golden State Warriors on Thursday and marveled at how they are revolutionizing professional basketball with what he described as a "small-ball nuclear lineup" that specializes in great shooting and passing.
- Woman arrested with gun outside White House gets time served Updated: Feb-04-16 4:38 pm
WASHINGTON - A woman arrested for carrying a gun outside the White House in 2014 has been sentenced to time served.
- Columbus joins airports boosting human trafficking awareness Updated: Feb-04-16 4:18 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Columbus airport is joining its counterparts nationwide in training employees to recognize signs of human trafficking in an effort to curb exploitation.
- Former DC mayor Gray begins comeback after investigation Updated: Feb-04-16 12:00 pm
WASHINGTON - Former District of Columbia Mayor Vincent Gray has begun his political comeback after a lengthy federal investigation ended with no charges against him.
- Police: 4 shot and wounded, including 2 juveniles Updated: Feb-04-16 8:38 am
WASHINGTON - Police in the District of Columbia say four people, including two juveniles, were shot and wounded in southeast Washington.
- Curry lights up Wizards for Warriors' 8th straight win Updated: Feb-04-16 12:12 am
WASHINGTON - Following one of his worst offensive games this season, reigning NBA MVP Stephen Curry stopped thinking about basketball and recalibrated his mind. It worked out just fine.
- American pulls away from Bucknell late in 69-55 win Updated: Feb-03-16 11:29 pm
WASHINGTON, D.C. - Delante Jones scored 18 points and James Washington added 12 to lead American to its fifth-straight win as it beat Bucknell 69-55 Wednesday night.
- Police: Toddler's father charged in slaying of baby, mom Updated: Feb-03-16 6:02 pm
FORT WASHINGTON, Maryland - Prince George's County Police say the father of a 2-year-old fatally shot her and her mother after confronting the mother about child support issues.
- Obama visits US mosque, says impression of Muslims distorted Updated: Feb-03-16 3:25 pm
CATONSVILLE, Maryland - President Barack Obama sought Wednesday to correct what he called a "hugely distorted impression" of Muslim-Americans as he made his first visit to a U.S. mosque. He said those who demonize all Muslims for the acts of a few are playing into extremists' hands.
- Ryan calls for unity, less anger from his fractious GOP Updated: Feb-03-16 3:07 pm
WASHINGTON - House Speaker Paul Ryan called on Republicans Wednesday to unify and stop fighting each other as he tried steering his fractious party into an election year devoid of the collisions between conservatives and pragmatists that transformed parts of 2015 into a GOP nightmare.
- Huberdeau leads Panthers past Caps 5-2 for 4th straight win Updated: Feb-02-16 11:50 pm
WASHINGTON - Beating the defending Stanley Cup and Eastern Conference champions, along with the top team in the NHL this season, says something about the upstart Florida Panthers. The way they've done it says even more.
- Obama to present Medal of Honor to Navy SEAL Updated: Feb-02-16 7:23 pm
WASHINGTON - A Navy SEAL who helped rescue an American hostage in Afghanistan will be the nation's next Medal of Honor recipient, the White House announced on Tuesday.
- High hopes, wide gulf as Obama, GOP look for common ground Updated: Feb-02-16 6:23 pm
WASHINGTON - Can President Barack Obama and Republicans put aside years of ill will to secure a few big breakthroughs in Obama's final year? Don't get your hopes up.
- DC lawmakers open door to pot smoking in private clubs Updated: Feb-02-16 4:42 pm
WASHINGTON - Lawmakers in the nation's capital have opened the door to allowing people to smoke marijuana in clubs that charge a membership fee.
- DC bill would pay people stipends not to commit crimes Updated: Feb-02-16 2:44 pm
WASHINGTON - They say crime doesn't pay, but that might not be entirely true in the District of Columbia as lawmakers look for ways to discourage people from becoming repeat offenders.
- US proposes more Pentagon funding for Europe aid, equipment Updated: Feb-02-16 1:58 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration said Tuesday it will propose quadrupling what it spends on its troops and training in Europe, as part of the U.S. military's accelerating effort to deter Russia.
- White House proposes more money to battle heroin epidemic Updated: Feb-02-16 12:52 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration will propose a significant boost in federal spending to battle the nation's heroin addiction epidemic when the president unveils his budget recommendations next week.
- Audit findings may expose Gray's 2010 campaign to fines Updated: Feb-02-16 11:22 am
WASHINGTON - An audit of former District of Columbia mayor Vincent Gray's 2010 election campaign has found that the campaign paid poll workers thousands in cash and kept incomplete records of more than $800,000 in contributions.
- In one Iowa town, democracy plays out in its own unique way Updated: Feb-01-16 11:41 pm
NEVADA, Iowa - In this Iowa town, at precisely 7 p.m., Ward 2 Democratic precinct chairwoman Kathy Johnson kicked things off on an upbeat note.