- Kreidler to meet with Obama on health care reform Updated: Apr-15-14 8:41 pm
- Wyoming governor touts wolf reintroduction success Updated: Apr-15-14 7:46 pm
- Cochran tops McDaniel in 2014 campaign fundraising Updated: Apr-15-14 7:35 pm
- Djiboutian president to visit White House on May 5 Updated: Apr-15-14 4:25 pm
- Death toll in Washington mudslide rises to 37 Updated: Apr-15-14 3:43 pm
- Russia tests Obama's ability to stop its advances Updated: Apr-15-14 8:39 am
- Little sign of progress as Obama, Putin speak Updated: Apr-14-14 11:37 pm
- SD jury sentences man to death in carjack killing Updated: Apr-14-14 10:07 pm
- Columbus veteran touched by Honor Flight to DC Updated: Apr-14-14 12:41 pm
- Washington State University considers med school Updated: Apr-13-14 11:32 am
- DC Water adopts system to make power, fertilizer Updated: Apr-13-14 10:04 am
- Obama, Republicans compete for support among women Updated: Apr-13-14 8:22 am
- Wizards top Bucks 104-91, close to clinching 6th Updated: Apr-12-14 11:15 pm
- NSC backs disclosing software vulnerabilities Updated: Apr-12-14 8:28 pm
- Students' trip to DC links them, WWII vets Updated: Apr-12-14 6:56 pm
- Leaked findings paint pattern of CIA deception Updated: Apr-11-14 7:33 pm
- Obamas pay $98,169 in taxes on income of $481,098 Updated: Apr-11-14 7:09 pm
- Obama taps budget guru, technocrat for health job Updated: Apr-11-14 5:53 pm
- Obama calls Merkel to 'check in' on Ukraine crisis Updated: Apr-10-14 9:10 pm
- Strasburg, Werth help Nationals beat Marlins 7-1 Updated: Apr-10-14 8:35 pm
- Elder President Bush to endorse GOP nominee in Ga. Updated: Apr-10-14 8:01 pm
- House passes Ryan budget with big cuts Updated: Apr-10-14 6:25 pm
- 11 Senate Democrats to Obama: Approve Keystone XL Updated: Apr-10-14 5:37 pm
- Feds OK pot background checks by Washington state Updated: Apr-10-14 5:35 pm
- US Chamber of Commerce backs Tillis in NC race Updated: Apr-10-14 5:15 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Washington state Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler is traveling to Washington, D.C. to discuss health care reform issues with President Barack Obama.
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - A recent survey showing Wyoming's wolf population is stable proves ending federal protections for the animals and placing them under state management was the right move, Gov. Matt Mead said Tuesday.
JACKSON, Mississippi - U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran of Mississippi has raised more than three times as much campaign cash this year as Chris McDaniel, his challenger in the June 3 Republican primary.
EVERETT, Washington - One more victim was recovered from the mudslide that hit the town of Oso, raising the death toll to 37, the Snohomish County medical examiner's office said Tuesday. The person's name has not been released.
WASHINGTON - With the White House asserting that Russia is stoking instability in eastern Ukraine, President Barack Obama is once again faced with the complicated reality of following through on his tough warnings against overseas provocations.
WASHINGTON - Speaking for the first time in more than two weeks, President Barack Obama and Russian President Vladimir Putin showed little sign of agreement on Monday, with the U.S. leader urging pro-Russian forces to de-escalate the situation in eastern Ukraine and Putin denying that Moscow was interfering in the region.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A man with a history of mental illness was sentenced to death by a jury on Monday for killing a South Dakota hospice nurse as part of a plot to assassinate President Barack Obama.
COLUMBUS, Indiana - When Raymond Minor first learned he was one of 70 Hoosier World War II veterans selected to receive an all-expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C., last weekend, he didn't want to go.
SPOKANE, Washington - Medical officials predict an aging population and expanded health coverage under the Affordable Care Act will contribute to doctor shortages across the nation. In response to the projected need, Washington State University has begun exploring the feasibility of opening a medical school on its Spokane campus.
WASHINGTON - This is a topic that one must approach delicately so as not to offend the reader's sensibilities, but since it is a matter of importance for which you may receive a bill for some portion of $470 million, we start out with an analogy.
WASHINGTON - After months on the defensive over his health law, a more combative President Barack Obama has emerged to fight about gender politics, leading to an election-year competition with Republicans for support from women.
WASHINGTON - For all their flaws, the Washington Wizards had no business whatsoever losing to the Milwaukee Bucks - especially after Brandon Knight was scratched with a sore right hip seconds before tipoff.
WASHINGTON - Disclosing vulnerabilities in commercial and open source software is in the national interest and shouldn't be withheld from the public unless there is a clear national security or law enforcement need, President Barack Obama's National Security Council said Saturday.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The eighth-graders from Grizzell Middle School were likely to see World War II veterans on their trip to Washington, D.C., their teachers told them.
WASHINGTON - A controversial torture report by the Senate Intelligence Committee paints a pattern of CIA deception about the effectiveness of waterboarding and other brutal interrogation methods used on terror suspects after the Sept. 11 attacks, according to leaked findings. The committee said it will ask the Justice Department to investigate how the material was published.
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama paid $98,169 in taxes on $481,098 in adjusted income last year, tax returns the White House released Friday show. They paid an effective federal income tax rate of 20.4 percent and donated significantly less to charity than they did the year before.
WASHINGTON - Sylvia Mathews Burwell, nominated to run "Obamacare," would bring a wealth of expertise in economics and government management to one of Washington's toughest jobs, even though she has little direct experience in the health care industry.
ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE - The White House says President Barack Obama has discussed the situation in Ukraine with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
WASHINGTON - After Stephen Strasburg failed to get out of the fifth inning in his second start this season, he had a little chat with Nationals teammate Ian Desmond about changing his approach on the mound.
WASHINGTON - President George H.W. Bush is featured in a Democrat's campaign commercial, but he plans to endorse the eventual Republican nominee in Georgia's Senate race, his spokesman said Thursday.
WASHINGTON - House Republicans rallied behind a slashing budget blueprint on Thursday, passing a non-binding but politically imposing measure that promises a balanced federal ledger in 10 years with sweeping budget cuts and termination of health care coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
WASHINGTON - Eleven Senate Democrats, including six who face contested races this year, urged President Barack Obama on Thursday to approve the Keystone XL oil pipeline by the end of May.
SEATTLE - After a year of requests, the U.S. Justice Department said Thursday it is giving Washington state access to an FBI database so it can conduct nationwide background checks on people who apply to run legal marijuana businesses.
WASHINGTON - Establishment-minded Republicans and social conservatives alike seem to have settled on a favorite candidate to face Sen. Kay Hagan, the North Carolina Democrat who is among the most vulnerable incumbents seeking re-election.