- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney Updated: Nov-28-15 8:49 pm
FRESNO, California - Authorities say a suspected burglar has died after getting stuck in a chimney in Central California.
- Jech leads South Dakota to 96-90 win over Sacramento State Updated: Nov-28-15 8:43 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Dan Jech was 9 of 10 from the floor and made all four long range attempts to score 22 points as South Dakota held on for a 96-90 win over Sacramento State in the Sacramento State Invitational on Saturday night.
- USC rolls past No. 22 UCLA 40-21, takes Pac-12 South title Updated: Nov-28-15 8:33 pm
LOS ANGELES - Cody Kessler blinked back tears after he ascended the stepladder and raised his sword to lead the Southern California band in his final act on the Coliseum turf.
- Sheriff's deputies rescue newborn found buried near river Updated: Nov-28-15 8:14 pm
COMPTON, California - Los Angeles County sheriff's officials asked for the public's help Saturday in gaining information about a newborn baby deputies rescued after finding her buried beside a popular Compton bike path.
- Cowling, No. 16 Cal women escape, 77-72 over Liberty Updated: Nov-28-15 7:56 pm
LAS VEGAS - Mikayla Cowling had a career-high 22 points and the No. 16 California women escaped Saturday with a 77-72 win over Liberty in the South Point Shootout.
- Cal to open 2016 season in Australia vs Hawaii Updated: Nov-28-15 6:55 pm
BERKELEY, California - California will open next season in Australia with a game against Hawaii.
- Nuclear crossroad: California reactors face uncertain future Updated: Nov-28-15 6:37 pm
LOS ANGELES - Six years ago, the company that owns California's last operating nuclear power plant announced it would seek an extended lifespan for its aging reactors. Pacific Gas and Electric Co. envisioned Diablo Canyon as a linchpin in the state's green energy future, with its low-carbon electricity illuminating homes to nearly midcentury.
- Project to drain California reservoir a year behind schedule Updated: Nov-28-15 5:48 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - The discovery of new "trace faults" near one of the San Francisco Bay area's largest dams has further stalled a $193 million project to strengthen it, pushing back plans for a seismic retrofit to early 2018.
- Coyote carries small dog out of Laguna Beach home's bedroom Updated: Nov-28-15 5:18 pm
LAGUNA BEACH, California - A Laguna Beach family says a brazen coyote came into their home and snatched the family's 8-year-old Chihuahua from a bedroom occupied by a baby girl and two other small dogs.
- Police find spiked baseball bats throughout San Francisco Updated: Nov-28-15 2:51 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - San Francisco Police are asking for help leading to those chaining up spiked baseball bats to poles throughout the city.
- Body of woman found inside burning car in Oakland Updated: Nov-28-15 2:24 pm
OAKLAND, California - Oakland Police say the body of a woman was found inside a burning car and her death is being investigated as a homicide.
- Man fatally wounded crashes car, injuring 5 others Updated: Nov-28-15 2:13 pm
LYNWOOD, California - Authorities say a man who was fatally wounded in a Southern California shooting crashed his car into another vehicle as he attempted to flee, injuring five people.
- Research: Major fault near reactors links to 2nd crack Updated: Nov-28-15 11:05 am
LOS ANGELES - Research has found that an earthquake fault near California's Diablo Canyon nuclear power plant is linked to another fault farther north, potentially making it capable of stronger shaking.
- No. 11 Arizona falters late in 69-65 loss to Providence Updated: Nov-28-15 2:56 am
FULLERTON, California - Sean Miller had a feeling the Arizona Wildcats were due for a fall.
- Providence upsets No. 11 Arizona 69-65 in Wooden Legacy Updated: Nov-28-15 2:46 am
FULLERTON, California - With three starters in foul trouble, Providence had lost much of its firepower and the lead.
- Miles, Jr. leads West Virginia over San Diego State 72-50 Updated: Nov-28-15 2:31 am
LAS VEGAS - After advancing to the championship game of the Las Vegas Invitational with a semifinal win over Richmond on Thanksgiving night, one would think West Virginia would be elated.
- Wiggins scores 22 as Timberwolves beat Kings 101-91 Updated: Nov-28-15 1:38 am
SACRAMENTO, California - For a team that has struggled at home this season, the Minnesota Timberwolves have fared surprisingly well away from Target Center.
- Fresno State beats Delaware State in 80-59 win Updated: Nov-28-15 1:04 am
FRESNO, California - Cezar Guerrero shot 4 for 6 from 3-point range and scored 20 points to go along with six rebounds in Fresno State's 80-59 win over Delaware State in the Roundball Showcase championship.
- Evansville beats Santa Clara 69-57 in Wooden Legacy Updated: Nov-28-15 12:54 am
FULLERTON, California - Following an emotional overtime loss to No. 10 Arizona on Thursday evening, Santa Clara was poised at the DirecTV Wooden Legacy to register its first win of the season on Friday.
- Oklahoma St. shoots past Long Beach St. for 2nd time, 79-73 Updated: Nov-27-15 11:41 pm
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - Leyton Hammonds scored 20 points off the bench and hot-shooting Oklahoma State earned its second win over Long Beach State in five days, 79-73 Friday night.
- No. 14 Cal falls to Richmond for 2nd straight loss Updated: Nov-27-15 11:40 pm
LAS VEGAS - California arrived in Las Vegas undefeated and ranked 14th in the nation.
- Allen has 34 points, 12 rebounds, Richmond beats No. 14 Cal Updated: Nov-27-15 11:18 pm
LAS VEGAS - Richmond bounced back from a taxing loss to West Virginia - at No. 14 California's expense.
- Blackhawks score twice in final minutes, beat Ducks in OT Updated: Nov-27-15 9:20 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The Chicago Blackhawks' visit to Honda Center on Black Friday for a meeting of Western Conference powers has become an annual NHL staple in recent years.
- Blair wins 700th game as No. 10 Texas A&M women beat Cal Updated: Nov-27-15 8:36 pm
LAS VEGAS - Gary Blair earned his 700th career win with a lot of help from his two Courtneys.
- 49ers not worried about Mathieu's comments Updated: Nov-27-15 8:17 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Arizona Cardinals defensive back Tyrann Mathieu made waves this week with comments about San Francisco 49ers quarterbacks Colin Kaepernick and new starter Blaine Gabbert.