- Man runs naked, bloody through streets of California town Updated: May-22-15 6:18 am
LOS OSOS, California - Authorities say a man believed to be high on drugs jumped through a plate glass window and ran naked and bloody through the streets of a town on California's central coast.
- Results due for investigation of deadly California bus crash Updated: May-22-15 4:37 am
LOS ANGELES - More than a year after a fiery wreck between a FedEx semi-truck and a charter bus killed 10, including five high school students, authorities are expected to address the biggest remaining question on Friday: What caused the crash?
- Oil shouldn't spoil vacations for California beach tourists Updated: May-22-15 4:15 am
GOLETA, California - Images of sticky black beaches and stories of the stink of oil from a broken coastal pipeline shouldn't force canceled plans for the vast majority of tourists planning ocean vacations in California.
- Finding California oil spill's cause could take months Updated: May-22-15 4:11 am
GOLETA, California - The operator of a broken oil pipeline that fouled a California shoreline says it could be weeks or even months before investigators are able to determine what caused the break and subsequent spill.
- Drought-ridden California faces decision on new water cuts Updated: May-22-15 3:13 am
FRESNO, California - Farmers along the river delta at the heart of California agriculture expected to get an answer Friday on their surprise offer to give up a quarter of their water this year in exchange for being spared deeper mandatory cutbacks as California responds to the worsening drought.
- South Dakota to join float lineup of the 2016 Rose Parade Updated: May-22-15 2:25 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota will have a floral float cruising through Pasadena, California, on New Year's Day during the annual Rose Parade.
- Harden loses ball at end of Rockets' 99-98 loss to Warriors Updated: May-22-15 1:47 am
OAKLAND, California - The Houston Rockets couldn't have scripted it any better.
- Warriors hold off Harden, Rockets 99-98 to take 2-0 lead Updated: May-22-15 12:56 am
OAKLAND, California - James Harden had Game 2 on his fingertips - and then he didn't.
- Padres shut out for 5th time in 16 games, 3-0 by Cubs Updated: May-22-15 12:47 am
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Padres have been shut out twice in the first seven games of this homestand and for the fifth time in 16 games.
- Hendricks' 5-hitter, Bryant's 2-run homer carry Cubs, 3-0 Updated: May-22-15 12:39 am
SAN DIEGO - Kyle Hendricks hadn't thrown a complete game or shutout in his two-year big league career. He didn't have a win yet this year.
- Magnitude-4.1 earthquake hits California's Napa Valley Updated: May-21-15 11:29 pm
NAPA, California - The U.S. Geological Survey says Northern California was struck by a magnitude-4.1 earthquake. No injuries or damage has been reported.
- Armed elderly woman engages California deputies in standoff Updated: May-21-15 11:28 pm
CALABASAS, California - Authorities are trying to subdue an armed elderly woman who has barricaded herself at a Southern California mobile home park for most of the day and shot at a police robot.
- Second man who beat Giants fan in LA gets federal time Updated: May-21-15 11:22 pm
LOS ANGELES - A second man has been sentenced to federal prison in connection to a brutal beating of a San Francisco Giants fan outside of Dodger Stadium in 2011.
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 4 Updated: May-21-15 11:05 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Authorities say a Northern California man has been arrested on suspicion of felony vehicular manslaughter and driving under the influence in a crash that killed his four passengers.
- New 49ers running back Bush ready to prove himself again Updated: May-21-15 9:56 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Reggie Bush wants to return punts again, and he brought up the idea to the San Francisco 49ers when he joined the team as a free agent this spring.
- Kershaw loses to Bumgarner, Giants again blank Dodgers Updated: May-21-15 9:26 pm
- Regulators deny request to idle California nuclear plant Updated: May-21-15 9:25 pm
LOS ANGELES - Federal regulators Thursday turned away a request from environmental activists to idle California's Diablo Canyon nuclear power plant to determine if its reactors can withstand strong shaking from nearby earthquake faults.
- Appeals court delays transgender California inmate's surgery Updated: May-21-15 9:12 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - A federal appeals court delayed sex reassignment surgery for a transgender prison inmate in California on Thursday, hours after a state panel recommended that she be paroled.
- Rolling Stones rock small LA club ahead of stadium tour Updated: May-21-15 9:10 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Rolling Stones ripped through the intimate Fonda Theatre Wednesday with enough energy to fuel their entire 15-city North American tour.
- Dodgers suspend infielder Arruebarrena for rest of season Updated: May-21-15 8:36 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Infielder Erisbel Arruebarrena was a major league player at this time last year. Now he's a man without a team at any level.
- Raiders sign linebacker Neiron Ball Updated: May-21-15 8:29 pm
ALAMEDA, California - The Oakland Raiders have signed fifth-round draft pick Neiron Ball.
- Man sentenced to 13 years in prison in Halloween hit-and-run Updated: May-21-15 8:19 pm
SANTA ANA, California - An Orange County man has been sentenced to more than 13 years in state prison for killing three teenage trick-or-treaters in a hit-and-run on Halloween.
- Q&A: California farmers with oldest water rights face cuts Updated: May-21-15 8:10 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Farmers in drought-stricken California with nearly guaranteed rights to water are bracing for historic orders to stop diverting water from rivers and streams. Regulators are expected to announce on Friday whether some farmers can avoid a total cut off if they voluntarily conserve.
- University board OKs 8 percent tuition hike for nonresidents Updated: May-21-15 8:08 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Undergraduates from outside California and graduate students preparing for careers outside academia will pay more to attend the University of California in the fall under a revised plan approved by the 10-campus system's governing board on Thursday.
- Former Calif. officer ordered to prison in corruption case Updated: May-21-15 8:02 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A former plainclothes officer who pleaded guilty to stealing drugs and money from suspected dealers has been sentenced to a year in federal prison.