- 3 killed after brief police chase in San Francisco streets Updated: Feb-07-16 1:39 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Three people died in a fiery crash after a car fleeing authorities crashed into a taxi in San Francisco streets, officials said Sunday.
- The Latest: Freeway reopens with demolition of LA bridge Updated: Feb-07-16 1:17 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Latest on the demolition of the 6th Street Bridge in Los Angeles (all times local):
- Pilot's husband doesn't believe she survived collision Updated: Feb-07-16 12:53 pm
LOS ANGELES - With bright sunshine, warm temperatures and a deep blue sky, Friday was the kind of Southern California day made for just about anything. For Mary Falstrom, a longtime pilot, that meant flying.
- Plagued by delays, California high-speed rail back in court Updated: Feb-07-16 12:19 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California voters embraced the idea of building the nation's first real high-speed rail system, which promised to whisk travelers from San Francisco to Los Angeles in under three hours, a trip that can take six hours or more by car. Eight years after they approved funding for it, construction is years behind schedule and legal, financial and logistical delays plague the $68 billion project.
- Woman killed, child injured in four-vehicle Hollywood crash Updated: Feb-07-16 11:43 am
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles authorities say a 70-year-old woman was killed and two others were injured in a crash involving four vehicles on a residential street in Hollywood.
- Award-winning NE Iowa brewer gains dedicated following Updated: Feb-07-16 10:26 am
DECORAH, Iowa - Sitting halfway up a hill on the northwest side of town, next to a Pizza Ranch and across the street from a gas station, is the taproom for Toppling Goliath Brewing Co. Served behind the bar is beer that's considered among the best in the world.
- Return of Purple Heart from WWII turns up missing family Updated: Feb-07-16 9:32 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A Purple Heart awarded to a soldier from New Hampshire killed in World War II's Battle of the Bulge that turned up recently after a woman's death has brought together two branches of a family that never knew of the other's existence.
- Backstage with Flea on Super Bowl, Bernie Sanders Updated: Feb-07-16 6:10 am
SAN FRANCISCO - It's been a busy weekend mixed with football and politics for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and bassist Flea wouldn't have it any other way.
- Inarritu wins top DGA prize, further obscuring awards season Updated: Feb-07-16 4:05 am
LOS ANGELES - An unclear cinematic season got a little foggier on Saturday with Alejandro Inarritu's Directors Guild win for his harrowing frontier epic "The Revenant." With only weeks to go before the Academy Awards on Feb. 28, the race is still as wide open as ever.
- Demolition of famous LA bridge ahead of schedule Updated: Feb-07-16 3:34 am
LOS ANGELES - Demolition of a portion of a downtown Los Angeles bridge is ahead of schedule, and officials say they could reopen a portion of the U.S. 101 Freeway early.
- Hemsley leads SDSU to 78-71 OT win vs New Mexico Updated: Feb-07-16 2:44 am
SAN DIEGO - San Diego State's 10-game winning streak to open Mountain West Conference play seemed all but over when New Mexico took a five-point lead with 21.1 seconds to play.
- MVP Newton, Watt, Rivera, Berry big winners of NFL awards Updated: Feb-07-16 2:22 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Cam Newton is now a Super Bowl quarterback with an MVP award.
- Southern Oregon wines' gaining clout, could bring tourists Updated: Feb-07-16 2:05 am
MEDFORD, Oregon - The winsome wines of southern Oregon are gathering acclaim far beyond the Cascades and Siskiyous.
- Wife says singer and band leader Dan Hicks dies at age 74 Updated: Feb-07-16 1:45 am
MILL VALLEY, California - Dan Hicks, a musician whose work in the 1960s helped define San Francisco's psychedelic sound, has died. He was 74.
- San Francisco beats Santa Clara 89-86 in overtime Updated: Feb-07-16 1:43 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Devin Watson scored 24 points, including six in overtime, Uche Ofoegbu blocked a potential game-tying 3-pointer, and San Francisco beat Santa Clara 89-86 on Saturday night.
- Lemar lifts UC Davis to a 50-49 win over UC Riverside Updated: Feb-07-16 12:43 am
RIVERSIDE, California - Josh Fox scored 16 points and Brynton Lemar hit a jumper with two seconds left to give UC Davis a 50-49 win over UC Riverside on Saturday night.
- Hawaii rolls past Cal Poly in second half for 75-60 win Updated: Feb-07-16 12:41 am
SAN LUIS OBISPO, California - Stefan Jankovic scored 19 points, hauled in 10 rebounds and Hawaii rolled to a 75-60 win over Cal Poly on Saturday night.
- Montana State holds off Sacramento State 79-76 Updated: Feb-07-16 12:22 am
SACRAMENTO, California - Tyler Hall scored 25 points with five 3-pointers and Montana State held off Sacramento State 79-76 on Saturday night to end a two-game skid.
- Cal State Bakersfield rolls to 71-48 win over Chicago State Updated: Feb-07-16 12:13 am
BAKERSFIELD, California - Aly Ahmed scored 20 points, Dedrick Basile added 15 to go with 10 rebounds, and Cal State Bakersfield cruised to a 71-48 win over Chicago State on Saturday night.
- UC Santa Barbara roars past CS Fullerton in 2nd half, 81-68 Updated: Feb-07-16 12:12 am
SANTA BARBARA, California - Michael Bryson and Gabe Vincent combined to score 45 points and UC Santa Barbara roared back from a seven-point halftime deficit to post an 81-68 victory over CS Fullerton Saturday night.
- Saint Mary's cruises to 60-43 win over San Diego Updated: Feb-06-16 11:22 pm
SAN DIEGO - Calvin Hermanson scored nine of his 12 points in the first half as Saint Mary's built a double-digit lead early and cruised to a 60-43 victory over San Diego on Saturday night.
- Mor Spirit wins Robert Lewis for Baffert at Santa Anita Updated: Feb-06-16 11:00 pm
ARCADIA, California - Bob Baffert isn't resting on his Triple Crown laurels. With American Pharoah retired to a breeding career, the trainer is eager to find his next great horse.
- The Latest: Pilot's husband believes she didn't survive Updated: Feb-06-16 10:21 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Latest on a midair collision between two small planes (all times local):
- Ryan Reynolds torn about picking between Manning, Newton Updated: Feb-06-16 10:09 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Ryan Reynolds will be watching Sunday's Super Bowl - he's just not sure which team he wants to win.
- Fresno State fights off UNLV 111-104 for double overtime win Updated: Feb-06-16 10:06 pm
FRESNO, California - Marvelle Harris had 37 points as Fresno State fought off UNLV for a 111-104 double overtime win on Saturday night.