- Stults, Padres hand Giants third straight loss Updated: Apr-19-14 11:23 pm
- Ethier's HR propels Dodgers over Diamondbacks Updated: Apr-19-14 11:14 pm
- 1 dead after boat strikes bridge on Calif. river Updated: Apr-19-14 10:01 pm
- Qualls, Astros let lead slip away in 9th, A's win Updated: Apr-19-14 9:02 pm
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3 Updated: Apr-19-14 8:42 pm
- Warriors beat Clippers 109-105 in playoff opener Updated: Apr-19-14 8:23 pm
- Calif. man says he was on Everest during avalanche Updated: Apr-19-14 7:37 pm
- Feds probe how UC Berkeley handles sexual assaults Updated: Apr-19-14 7:22 pm
- San Francisco probe leading to entrapment claims Updated: Apr-19-14 5:55 pm
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage Updated: Apr-19-14 5:50 pm
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter Updated: Apr-19-14 5:46 pm
- Funds requested to fight drug pangas off Calif. Updated: Apr-19-14 5:04 pm
- Calif. customers hit with expensive Del Taco bill Updated: Apr-19-14 3:10 pm
- California regulators propose coyote-killing ban Updated: Apr-19-14 2:49 pm
- Calif inmate death in Oklahoma under investigation Updated: Apr-19-14 1:25 pm
- Sonoma County woman surrenders in baby's death Updated: Apr-19-14 1:23 pm
- SF officer injured in crash with robbery suspects Updated: Apr-19-14 12:43 pm
- Counties tell Brown they need money for his law Updated: Apr-19-14 11:58 am
- Va. Beach mulls arena that could lure NBA, NHL Updated: Apr-19-14 11:50 am
- Coachella's young audience a marketers paradise Updated: Apr-19-14 11:26 am
- National energy boom blurs political battle lines Updated: Apr-19-14 8:58 am
- Poet participates in experimental writing project Updated: Apr-19-14 5:04 am
- Perez beaten in 12th, Dodgers lose to Diamondbacks Updated: Apr-19-14 4:17 am
- Giants play another 1-run game, lose 2-1 to Padres Updated: Apr-19-14 2:35 am
- Ryan Getzlaf leads Ducks past Stars 3-2 in Game 2 Updated: Apr-19-14 1:57 am
SAN DIEGO - Eric Stults and three relievers combined on a four-hitter and Everth Cabrera hit a go-ahead triple to lead the San Diego Padres to a 3-1 victory against the San Francisco Giants on Saturday night.
BRENTWOOD, California - Authorities say a man participating in a fishing competition was killed after a boat he was riding in struck a bridge on a Northern California river.
OAKLAND, California - Chad Qualls stared into his locker, going over how things got away from him.
OAKLAND, California - Josh Reddick isn't ready to declare himself out of an early season batting slump, not after the miserable start he got off to.
LOS ANGELES - The Golden State Warriors stumbled out of the gate, missing their first eight shots while falling behind by 11 points and forcing coach Mark Jackson to call two timeouts to steady his young team.
SANTA ROSA, California - A California man said he was on Mount Everest when an avalanche struck that killed at least 13 people.
BERKELEY, California - Federal officials are investigating how the University of California, Berkeley responds to reports of campus sexual assaults.
SAN FRANCISCO - The FBI used millions of dollars, liquor and cigarettes seized in other cases and more than a dozen undercover operatives in an elaborate, seven-year sting operation targeting a San Francisco Chinatown association thought to be a front for a notorious organized crime syndicate.
SACRAMENTO, California - Sacramento County authorities are asking residents and business owners to provide video-surveillance footage to law enforcement investigators.
DANA POINT, California - Hundreds of surfers and rowers have honored Hobie Alter's request by paddling out in the Pacific in his memory.
SAN LUIS OBISPO, California - The San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's Office wants money to fight drug-smuggling panga boats that have washed ashore the central coast in recent years.
SANTA PAULA, California - What was supposed to be a cheap bite at Del Taco turned out to be small fortune for some Southern California customers.
SAN FRANCISCO - California wildlife regulators are proposing a ban on contests that reward hunters who kill coyotes and other predators.
SACRAMENTO, California - Authorities are investigating the death of a California state prison inmate locked up in Oklahoma.
SANTA ROSA, California - A Sonoma County woman has turned herself in for what she said was her involvement in the 2012 death of her baby daughter in Montana.
SAN FRANCISCO - San Francisco police says an officer was injured after his patrol car collided with a vehicle driven by armed robbery suspects following a chase.
SACRAMENTO, California - Gov. Jerry Brown has quietly visited 10 California counties this year to see how they are faring under his three-year-old realignment law, which dramatically altered the state's criminal justice system by increasing the burden on local governments.
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - The Virginia Beach metropolitan area is one of the largest in the country without a major professional sports team, and numerous attempts to lure one here have repeatedly left sports fans in the area disappointed.
INDIO, California - When it first started in 1999, Coachella was a couple of stages and a dance tent. Tickets were $65. A few dusty stands sold hot dogs and Cokes. It was the end of grunge and the start of a new millennium, and it was all about the music. All for one weekend.
DENVER - The U.S. energy boom is blurring the traditional political battle lines across the country.
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Most people read the newspaper for local, national and world news. Others like to check their stocks, read the comics, do the crossword puzzle or follow their favorite sports teams.
SAN DIEGO - The San Francisco Giants have played eight straight games decided by one run, losing four of them.
ANAHEIM, California - Ryan Getzlaf wore the strain all over his exhausted face. In the past 51 hours or so, he had taken a slap shot to the jaw, attended the birth of his third child and propelled the Anaheim Ducks to two gritty playoff victories.