- Weather helps crews battling massive California wildfire Updated: Aug-03-15 12:21 pm
LOWER LAKE, California - Cooler weather helped crews make inroads Monday against a massive Northern California wildfire that tore through two dozen homes, threatened thousands more and forced scores of people to flee the flames.
- Oakland police officer in stable condition after shooting Updated: Aug-03-15 11:47 am
OAKLAND, California - Oakland police say an officer is in stable condition after being shot by a sexual assault suspect.
- After 6-year wait, Tim Brown ready for Hall induction Updated: Aug-03-15 11:08 am
OAKLAND, California - Perhaps more than any other position in football, wide receivers are forced to depend on teammates for success.
- Missing Special Olympics athlete turns up 350 miles away Updated: Aug-03-15 10:26 am
LOS ANGELES - An Albanian athlete who disappeared from the Special Olympics in Los Angeles turned up safe early Monday 350 miles away in the San Francisco Bay Area city of Hayward.
- Cowboys' Dez Bryant tangles with teammate in camp skirmish Updated: Aug-03-15 9:51 am
OXNARD, California - Dez Bryant kept going after Dallas cornerback Tyler Patmon in a heated training camp skirmish that didn't end until quarterback Tony Romo finally stepped in and calmed his star receiver.
- 2 military planes going to California to fight wildfires Updated: Aug-03-15 9:19 am
PETERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Colorado - Two Air Force Reserve firefighting planes are being sent to California to battle wildfires raging there.
- 2 women dead from suspected drug overdoses at music fest Updated: Aug-03-15 3:23 am
POMONA, California - Two women died from suspected drug overdoses at a popular weekend music festival, prompting calls for an investigation and concern over the use of narcotics at youth-oriented events.
- AP-GfK poll: Americans favor farmers & food during drought Updated: Aug-03-15 3:16 am
LOS ANGELES - When water gets scarce and the government slaps restrictions on its use, who should be first in line at the spigot? Farmers, according to an Associated Press-GfK poll.
- Proof of Trump's charity giving elusive Updated: Aug-03-15 1:32 am
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump, widely believed to be the wealthiest American ever to run for president, is nowhere among the ranks of the country's most generous citizens, according to an Associated Press review of his financial records and other government filings.
- Mets hit 3 homers in 5 pitches to sweep Nationals, 5-2 Updated: Aug-03-15 1:05 am
NEW YORK - As the clock ticked past 11 p.m. and "Moondance" by Van Morrison practically wafted through the ballpark, young children ran around the bases as part of a family-friendly promotion normally reserved for Sunday afternoons.
- Closing ceremonies held for Los Angeles Special Olympics Updated: Aug-03-15 1:03 am
LOS ANGELES - Thousands of athletes said goodbye to Los Angeles on Sunday in an emotional closing ceremony for the Special Olympics marked by cheers, tears and pride.
- Airplane returns to Las Vegas airport after report of fire Updated: Aug-03-15 12:58 am
LAS VEGAS - An Allegiant Airlines flight made an emergency landing shortly after taking off from a Las Vegas airport because of a reported engine fire.
- Jack Beckman tops Funny Car field at Sonoma Updated: Aug-02-15 11:29 pm
SONOMA, California - Jack Beckman won the NHRA Sonoma Nationals on Sunday for his second straight victory and fifth of the season, beating Tommy Johnson Jr. on Sunday in the Funny Car final.
- Raiders excited to break out the pads for first time Updated: Aug-02-15 11:29 pm
NAPA, California - After months of practicing in shorts and shells, the Oakland Raiders finally got the chance to put on the pads.
- Cowboys' Mincey back at practice after ending brief holdout Updated: Aug-02-15 11:14 pm
OXNARD, California - Dallas Cowboys defensive end Jeremy Mincey didn't stay away from training camp long in his effort to get a reworked contract.
- Gimme Da Lute wins Real Good Deal by 12 1/4 lengths Updated: Aug-02-15 10:14 pm
DEL MAR, California - Bob Baffert-trained Gimme Da Lute romped to a 12 1/4-length victory Sunday in the $200,000 Real Good Deal Stakes for 3-year-olds at Del Mar.
- Without Kipnis, Indians offense stymied in 2-1 loss to A's Updated: Aug-02-15 8:54 pm
OAKLAND, California - The Cleveland Indians are having trouble scoring runs. It could get a lot worse if All-Star Jason Kipnis is put on the disabled list.
- Ethier's 2 HRs help Dodgers beat Angels 5-3 in 10 Updated: Aug-02-15 8:53 pm
LOS ANGELES - Andre Ethier always wanted to be the guy who made the game-winning 3-pointer or catch the game-winning touchdown pass in the end zone as time expired. In baseball, his only chance at sudden death is a walkoff home run - which he has done six times in his major league career.
- Kern County sheriff's deputy wounded during manhunt Updated: Aug-02-15 8:34 pm
WELDON, California - A manhunt is under way in rural Central California for a man who shot and wounded a Kern County sheriff's deputy during a manhunt for a murder suspect.
- Portland Timbers, Earthquakes play to a scoreless draw Updated: Aug-02-15 7:46 pm
- Athletics edge Indians in 10 innings, 2-1 Updated: Aug-02-15 7:41 pm
- Hamilton homers, Perez wins as Rangers edge Giants 2-1 Updated: Aug-02-15 7:38 pm
- Board: Acupuncturist negligent in giving bee sting therapy Updated: Aug-02-15 6:49 pm
ALHAMBRA, California - An acupuncturist in Southern California could have his medical license suspended by state regulators who claim he used bee stings to treat patients and didn't have an allergic reaction kit in his office.
- Dead humpback whale found in Northern California beach Updated: Aug-02-15 6:35 pm
PACIFICA, California - A dead humpback whale has washed up at a beach in the city of Pacifica, the latest of a series of dead whales found along Northern California's coast since April.
- Pilot killed in Santa Paula plane crash identified Updated: Aug-02-15 6:34 pm
SANTA PAULA, California - The pilot killed in the crash of a twin-engine plane in oil fields north of Los Angeles has been identified.