- Western Michigan animal rescue overrun by rats condemned Updated: May-27-15 8:14 am
FRUITPORT TOWNSHIP, Michigan - An animal rescue in western Michigan has been condemned after officials say it was overrun by scores of rats.
- Historic lighthouse in Muskegon now open for public tours Updated: May-27-15 6:53 am
MUSKEGON, Michigan - A historic lighthouse in Muskegon is now open for public tours.
- Sheriff: Jail sergeant fired for letting out arrestee early Updated: May-27-15 2:15 am
MUSKEGON, Michigan - The Muskegon County sheriff says a jail sergeant has been fired after the early release of an Ottawa County corrections officer accused of drunken driving.
- Suspected California serial killer in prison most of life Updated: May-24-15 4:40 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Less than 24 hours after a jury convicted Rodney Halbower of raping a Nevada blackjack dealer, he was freed pending an appeal and then, authorities say, drove 200 miles to the San Francisco Bay Area and raped and stabbed to death a 19-year-old woman.
- Boy, 13, charged with murder in death of 1-year-old cousin Updated: May-22-15 8:50 pm
MUSKEGON, Michigan - Authorities in western Michigan have filed a murder charge against a 13-year-old boy they say fatally beat his 16-month-old cousin after the girl's mother left them home alone.
- 26 years later, 2 brothers convicted of killing young woman Updated: May-08-15 6:50 pm
WHITE CLOUD, Michigan - Two brothers were convicted of murder Friday in the slaying of a young woman 26 years ago in western Michigan's Newaygo County.
- Young woman pleads guilty to manslaughter in newborn's death Updated: May-08-15 12:02 pm
MUSKEGON, Michigan - A young woman has pleaded guilty to manslaughter after her newborn daughter was found partially buried outside an apartment complex in western Michigan.
- Pilot hurt after small plane crashes in western Michigan Updated: May-01-15 2:47 pm
RAVENNA TOWNSHIP, Michigan - The pilot of an ultra-light aircraft has been taken to the hospital after his plane crashed in western Michigan.
- Lake Express ferry begins 12th season on Lake Michigan Updated: May-01-15 9:37 am
MILWAUKEE - The ferry connecting Wisconsin and Michigan is off and running for its 12th season.
- 20 million pounds of asparagus to be harvested in Michigan Updated: Apr-30-15 4:13 am
OCEANA COUNTY, Michigan - The good news for all of Michigan is that asparagus isn't going to be affected much by this unusually cool spring weather.
- Ex-convict pleads no contest to 2 western Michigan killings Updated: Apr-29-15 10:07 am
MUSKEGON, Michigan - An ex-convict charged with killing four women in western Michigan has pleaded no contest to two counts of murder.