- Utility says it's committed to plant site reuse Updated: Apr-23-14 6:53 am
- Police investigate report of brawl involving 100 Updated: Apr-22-14 12:29 pm
- Charter school operator says its owed $2 million Updated: Apr-21-14 1:29 pm
- Snyder: Counties getting help after harsh weather Updated: Apr-17-14 6:37 pm
- Police: Man, 70, unable to flee brush fire in yard Updated: Apr-14-14 7:56 pm
- Evacuations at Croton Dam as Muskegon River floods Updated: Apr-14-14 1:50 pm
- Muskegon book sale aboard ship draws the curious Updated: Apr-11-14 6:32 pm
- Book sale supporting library planned aboard ship Updated: Apr-09-14 12:10 pm
- Man gets life in prison in cellmate's slaying Updated: Apr-07-14 1:06 pm
- Plans to demolish ex-plant smokestacks on hold Updated: Apr-02-14 12:29 pm
- Correction: Python Rescued story Updated: Apr-02-14 10:44 am
- Sisters face prison after pleas in hit man case Updated: Apr-02-14 6:52 am
- Comerica Bank awards grants for baseball, softball Updated: Mar-27-14 9:09 am
- Police follow up on tips in case of missing woman Updated: Mar-24-14 9:53 am
MUSKEGON, Michigan - Officials with Consumers Energy said they're committed to helping find a new use for the site of a coal-fired power plant in western Michigan that's scheduled to close in two years.
MUSKEGON, Michigan - Police say they're investigating following a report of a weekend brawl in Muskegon that may have involved about 100 people.
MUSKEGON HEIGHTS, Michigan - The charter operator of the Muskegon Heights Public School Academy System says the district owes it more than $2 million.
LANSING, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder on Thursday declared a state of emergency for Marquette County following widespread, severe damage to water and sewer lines caused by this winter's extreme cold.
HART, Michigan - A police report into the death of a 70-year-old West Michigan man shows he was unable to flee a fast-moving fire he started last week in his Oceana County backyard.
CROTON TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Several Michigan rivers are over their banks after three days of storms dropped as much of 5.5 inches of rain, forcing some flood plain residents from their homes.
MUSKEGON, Michigan - Books are floating in western Michigan.
MUSEKGON, Michigan - An annual book sale to support a western Michigan library is taking place in a different location this year - aboard a ship.
MUSKEGON, Michigan - A man who pleaded no contest to first-degree murder in the beating and stabbing death of his cellmate at a prison in western Michigan has been sentenced to life in prison without parole.
MUSKEGON, Michigan - Officials say plans to demolish smokestacks at the site of a shuttered paper mill in western Michigan have been postponed.
MUSKEGON, Michigan - In a story March 31 about a firefighter who rescued a snake in Muskegon, Michigan, The Associated Press, relying on information from The Muskegon Chronicle, reported erroneously that the snake was a 6-foot python, according to fire officials. It was a 7-foot boa constrictor, according to its owner.
MUSKEGON, Michigan - Two western Michigan sisters who authorities say tried to hire a hit man to kill the husband of one of the women each face the prospect of prison time after entering pleas in the case.
DETROIT - Comerica Bank has awarded two $10,000 grants to help support high school baseball and softball programs in suburban Detroit and the Muskegon area.
NORTON SHORES, Michigan - Police investigating the disappearance of a mother from her job at a western Michigan gas station nearly 11 months ago are actively following up on leads, tips and other information in the case, officials said.