- Group favors opening Muskegon port to river barges Updated: Dec-06-13 7:17 pm
- GVSU incubator develops renewable energy device Updated: Dec-06-13 10:19 am
- Explosion sparks fire at Mich. plant; no injuries Updated: Dec-06-13 8:53 am
- ACLU sues US bishops over Catholic hospital ethics Updated: Dec-02-13 7:43 pm
- Thrower, Webb co-AP Division 1-2 players of year Updated: Nov-30-13 6:33 am
- Brother Rice wins; Fracassa retires with 9th title Updated: Nov-29-13 9:17 pm
- Muskegon Catholic Central wins state championship Updated: Nov-29-13 4:12 pm
- Weather service warns about Muskegon River ice jam Updated: Nov-29-13 8:07 am
- Michigan woman bound over in hit man attempt case Updated: Nov-27-13 2:50 pm
- Mich. health officials confirm salmonella outbreak Updated: Nov-27-13 9:19 am
- Wal-Mart manager dies after responding to fight Updated: Nov-25-13 4:10 pm
- Weather service confirms more weak Mich. tornadoes Updated: Nov-19-13 11:07 am
- Prisoner charged with killing cellmate in Michigan Updated: Nov-19-13 8:52 am
- Boys may face charges after beating on school bus Updated: Nov-15-13 9:25 am
- Record-breaking electric dragster made in Muskegon Updated: Nov-15-13 4:13 am
- Grand Haven restaurant workers feted as lifesavers Updated: Nov-13-13 5:31 am
- Vets, scout groups hold ceremonial flag-burning Updated: Nov-10-13 6:52 pm
- Landlord sentenced to 55 years in arson case Updated: Nov-08-13 8:52 am
- Unruly begins brewing beer in downtown Muskegon Updated: Nov-08-13 4:14 am
MUSKEGON, Michigan - Business and local government leaders in Michigan have made plans to push for opening the Port of Muskegon to river barge traffic, saying it could provide a shipping link to Chicago that would boost the Michigan economy.
MUSKEGON, Michigan - Grand Valley State University's Michigan Alternative and Renewable Energy Center has launched a number of upstart businesses, but breakthrough products have been few and far between.
WHITEHALL, Michigan - Authorities say an explosion sparked a fire at a western Michigan manufacturing facility and prompted an evacuation at the plant.
The American Civil Liberties Union filed a sweeping federal lawsuit against the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops over its ethical guidelines for Roman Catholic hospitals, arguing the directives were to blame for negligent care of a pregnant woman who went into early labor and whose baby died within hours.
EAST LANSING, Michigan - The 2013 Associated Press Division 1-2 All-State team features two players who played in a state championship game last season and who were part of two of the best teams this season.
DETROIT - Al Fracassa is going out on top.
DETROIT - Muskegon Catholic Central's first play from scrimmage set the tone.
BIG RAPIDS TOWNSHIP, Michigan - The National Weather Service says an ice jam on the Muskegon River is threatening some neighborhoods in the Big Rapids area.
MUSKEGON, Michigan - A western Michigan woman accused of helping her sister try to hire a hit man to kill the sister's husband has been bound over for trial.
MUSKEGON, Michigan - Health officials in Muskegon County have confirmed 29 cases of salmonella among Muskegon and Ottawa county residents.
ROOSEVELT PARK, Michigan - Authorities say an assistant manager at a western Michigan Wal-Mart store responding to a fight among several women collapsed and later died.
NEWAYGO, Michigan - The National Weather Service has confirmed several weak tornado touchdowns in Michigan as part of a Midwestern storm that hit the state over the weekend.
MUSKEGON, Michigan - A man has been charged with killing his cellmate at a state prison in Muskegon.
WHITEHALL, Michigan - Authorities say two boys may face assault charges after an attack on a student on a school bus in western Michigan was recorded on video.
MUSKEGON, Michigan - A new world record set last month by a dragster built by Muskegon Community College students is drawing more attention to the college's commitment to alternative energy research.
GRAND HAVEN, Michigan - When Timothy Stanton suffered a seizure at the Grand Haven McDonald's recently, restaurant managers Chelsea Winkelman and Jane Hinternish wasted no time and did what came natural.
MUSKEGON, Michigan - On the eve of Veterans Day, scouts and former service members in western Michigan held a ceremony Sunday to honorably retire damaged American flags by burning them.
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A 74-year-old West Michigan landlord convicted of arson and other charges in a case involving insurance fraud has been sentenced to 55 years in prison.
MUSKEGON, Michigan - Beer is being brewed commercially in downtown Muskegon for the first time since 1957, local beer historians say.