- Warden suspended last week chooses retirement Updated: Oct-02-15 12:08 pm
MUSKEGON, Michigan - The warden at two Michigan prisons has retired, a week after she was suspended for reasons that haven't been publicly disclosed.
- Team plays first home football game after shooting concerns Updated: Sep-27-15 11:23 am
MUSKEGON HEIGHTS, Michigan - A western Michigan high school football team has played its first home game of the season after safety concerns tied to a spate of shootings in the city forced one contest to be cancelled and the second to be moved.
- Tree-killing pest found in new places in western Michigan Updated: Sep-17-15 8:22 am
GRAND HAVEN, Michigan - An invasive tree parasite has been found in additional places in western Michigan.
- Woman sentenced in fatal stabbing of her children's father Updated: Sep-15-15 2:17 am
MUSKEGON, Michigan - A western Michigan woman has been sentenced to 19 to 30 years in prison for the fatal stabbing of the father of her young daughter and son.
- Muskegon earns milestone 800th win over Grandville Updated: Sep-12-15 3:53 pm
MUSKEGON, Michigan - Muskegon's victory over Grandville did more than lift the Big Reds to 2-1 on the season - it also earned the western Michigan team the most wins of any high school squad in the state and puts them in the top 10 nationally.
- Regulators: No changes needed on steelhead limit, 'chumming' Updated: Sep-11-15 4:01 am
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan fishing officials say they've decided not to change rules dealing with use of fish parts known as "chum" for bait in certain rivers.
- Teen arrested after shotgun found in backpack outside school Updated: Sep-10-15 7:31 pm
MUSKEGON HEIGHTS, Michigan - A 17-year-old has been arrested after police found a loaded sawed-off shotgun in a backpack outside a western Michigan high school.
- WWII veteran celebrates 97th birthday on ship in Muskegon Updated: Sep-09-15 9:52 am
MUKSEGON, Michigan - A World War II veteran who served aboard a tank landing craft has celebrated his 97th birthday on a vessel of the same design in western Michigan.
- Amusement park's sewage increase request gets pushback Updated: Sep-04-15 3:31 am
MUSKEGON, Michigan - A request by amusement park Michigan's Adventure to increase how much sewage it treats and releases into groundwater is getting pushback from neighbors and local government officials.