- Judge asked to lift hold on drilling lease near Glacier park Updated: Sep-01-15 4:18 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - An attorney for a Louisiana oil company has asked a judge to reject the government's proposed timeline for lifting its hold on an energy lease on land in Montana that's sacred among American Indians.
- Woman pleads no contest to child sex abuse charge Updated: Sep-01-15 1:13 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A woman who is facing a child sex abuse charge after having nude photos of her son's alleged rape victim on her cellphone has pleaded no contest to the charge.
- Court revives dispute over energy leasing's climate impacts Updated: Sep-01-15 12:22 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A federal appeals court ruling has revived a bid by environmentalists to block drilling for oil and gas on public lands in Montana until the government looks more closely at climate change impacts.
- Butte man pleads guilty to role in infant's death Updated: Aug-31-15 6:25 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A Butte man has pleaded guilty to his role in the death of his 3-month-old daughter in 2012.
- Demand for nurses in Montana remains high Updated: Aug-30-15 2:04 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Rising patient numbers combined with a booming need for more care has created growing demand for more nurses in Montana.
- Amusement Park Drive-In among last of its kind Updated: Aug-29-15 9:46 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Daylight saving time and VCRs may have killed most of the drive-in movie theaters by the 1980s, but for Billings-area residents, the Amusement Park Drive-In continues to pack in the families.
- Woman doing 75 years for homicide dies in Billings hospital Updated: Aug-28-15 12:47 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - An 81-year-old Montana Women's Prison inmate, who was serving time for the death of her stepfather, has died in a Billings hospital.
- Authorities seek suspect in fatal hit-and-run collision Updated: Aug-28-15 9:43 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Authorities are looking for a driver suspected of fatally hitting a pedestrian and then fleeing the scene of the collision in Lame Deer, about 100 miles east of Billings.
- Ag secretary promises more sage grouse spending across West Updated: Aug-27-15 8:55 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The federal government plans to spend more than $200 million over the next three years on programs to protect greater sage grouse in Western states - regardless of whether the bird receives federal protections, U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said.
- Polygamists ask judge to strike down Montana's bigamy laws Updated: Aug-27-15 6:07 pm
HELENA, Montana - A Billings man, his wife and his common-law wife filed a federal lawsuit Thursday that seeks to strike down Montana's bigamy laws and argues the state is unconstitutionally preventing them from legitimizing their polygamous relationship.
- Documents: Workers had no way to issue warning after spill Updated: Aug-27-15 3:38 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Members of a federal cleanup crew were initially trapped and unable to warn downstream communities that they had accidentally unleashed toxic waste water from a Colorado gold mine, according to government documents released Thursday.
- Montana Editorial Roundup Updated: Aug-26-15 7:22 pm
The Billings Gazette, Aug. 21, on health coverage for Montanans:
- Trial begins in lawsuit over home destroyed by falling rock Updated: Aug-26-15 5:36 am
BILLINGS, Montana - A Billings couple whose home was destroyed by a slab of sandstone that fell from the Rimrocks says the damage was caused by road construction.
- China, US seek 'clean coal' agreement as industry struggles Updated: Aug-25-15 9:58 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - U.S. and China officials took a major step Tuesday toward an agreement to advance "clean coal" technologies that purport to reduce the fuel's contribution to climate change - and could offer a potential lifeline for an industry that's seen its fortunes fade.
- Suspected drunken driver charged in fatal motorcycle crash Updated: Aug-25-15 9:40 am
BILLINGS, Montana - A suspected drunken driver has been charged in a crash that killed a motorcyclist who was stopped at a red light.
- Shots fired in Lodge Grass led to school lockdown Updated: Aug-24-15 5:47 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Law enforcement officers in Lodge Grass arrested a man who had reportedly been driving around town firing a gun.
- Jury awards woman $1.75M in lawsuit for damage done to home Updated: Aug-24-15 10:28 am
BILLINGS, Montana - A woman will receive $1.75 million from two companies after a drainage system they installed caused extensive damage to her Billings home.
- Motorcyclist killed in Billings accident Saturday Updated: Aug-22-15 4:41 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A 56-year-old Billings man died after his motorcycle was struck from behind by a pickup truck.
- Man suspected in Billings shooting death pleads not guilty Updated: Aug-21-15 4:50 am
BILLINGS, Montana - A pre-release center walkaway who is accused of shooting a woman in the head and firing a shot near a 14-year-old boy has pleaded not guilty.
- Family of man fatally shot by deputies files civil lawsuit Updated: Aug-21-15 4:47 am
BILLINGS, Montana - The family of a man fatally shot by Yellowstone County sheriff's deputies has filed a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Stillwater CEO: Mine still is a competitor despite layoffs Updated: Aug-20-15 2:47 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Production at the Stillwater Mine near Nye was put to a halt after the company announced it would be laying off more than 100 workers.
- Man killed when train hits vehicle west of Reed Point Updated: Aug-19-15 10:16 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - The Montana Highway Patrol says a man was killed when his vehicle was hit by a train west of Reed Point.
- Billings police cars vandalized Updated: Aug-18-15 9:52 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Two Billings police cars that were parked in front of the Crime Prevention Center have been vandalized.
- Foul play unlikely in death of albino buck struck by vehicle Updated: Aug-17-15 11:50 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Deputies say foul play isn't suspected in the death of an albino buck that was struck by a vehicle east of Roundup.
- 17-year-old Billings youth faces rape charge Updated: Aug-15-15 2:35 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A 17-year-old Billings youth has pleaded not guilty to felony charges accusing him of raping two children.