- Yellowstone: Bison slaughters done for the season Updated: Mar-07-14 8:46 pm
- Ice jams cause Yellowstone River flooding Updated: Mar-07-14 6:40 pm
- Bison-slaughter protester blocks road near park Updated: Mar-06-14 6:19 pm
- Man pleads guilty to fatal 2012 Billings shooting Updated: Mar-06-14 5:31 pm
- Judge orders Blixseth to appear in court Updated: Mar-06-14 4:46 pm
- Feds detail tests for crude moved by rail Updated: Mar-06-14 2:17 pm
- Walsh says he'll push Rocky Mountain Front bill Updated: Mar-05-14 7:30 pm
- Stillwater Mining reports $270M net loss for 2013 Updated: Mar-05-14 2:10 pm
- Judge keeps Montana wind farm contract in place Updated: Mar-04-14 8:26 pm
- Man dies, SUV collided with snow removal tractor Updated: Mar-04-14 5:55 pm
- Registry sweep nabs 95 offenders for noncompliance Updated: Mar-04-14 5:54 pm
- Fire destroys pet bedding, litter, biofuel company Updated: Mar-03-14 5:44 pm
- Federal officials say park visitors spend heavily Updated: Mar-03-14 4:12 pm
- Attorneys: 30 days in prison enough for rapist Updated: Feb-28-14 7:25 pm
- ACLU: Treatment of mentally ill prisoners lacking Updated: Feb-28-14 5:31 pm
- State board approves Beartooth drilling permit Updated: Feb-28-14 4:48 pm
- Study says park bison can be transferred Updated: Feb-27-14 7:16 pm
- Laurel's little guy has big Senior Night Updated: Feb-27-14 5:16 pm
- Miles City residents charged for series of crimes Updated: Feb-27-14 5:12 pm
- Researchers: Yellowstone grizzlies not in decline Updated: Feb-27-14 5:06 pm
- Schweitzer joins cable news channel as contributor Updated: Feb-27-14 2:25 pm
- Advocates want coal mining banned near sage grouse Updated: Feb-27-14 6:13 am
- Livestock breeder appeals cruelty conviction Updated: Feb-25-14 10:56 pm
- Supreme Court denies judicial-endorsement petition Updated: Feb-25-14 7:05 pm
- Baucus gives $475,000 to Democratic committee Updated: Feb-25-14 1:29 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Yellowstone National Park ended shipments of wild bison to slaughter for the winter on Friday after almost 600 were removed in an effort to shrink the number of animals that cross into Montana during their annual winter migration.
BILLINGS, Montana - Yellowstone County officials say five residents near Laurel have been evacuated from their homes because of flooding.
BILLINGS, Montana - Park rangers have arrested a man who chained himself to a cement-filled drum to protest the slaughter of bison migrating from Yellowstone National Park.
BILLINGS, Montana - A Billings man has pleaded guilty to the Christmas Day 2012 shooting death of his wife's lover.
BILLINGS, Montana - A judge has told real estate developer Tim Blixseth to appear in federal court to explain why he has not complied with an order to pay $13.8 million to creditors in a bankruptcy case.
BILLINGS, Montana - Federal regulators offered more details on testing requirements for oil transported by rail on Thursday and warned companies against skirting the rules after a spate of explosions caused by crude train derailments in the U.S. and Canada.
BILLINGS, Montana - U.S. Sen. John Walsh says he's taking the lead role to advance a bill that would expand wilderness protections along the Rocky Mountain Front.
BILLINGS, Montana - Montana's largest mining company racked up a $270 million net loss last year after writing down the value of two foreign properties and putting more focus on its precious metal mines in the Beartooth mountains, according to filings with federal regulators.
BILLINGS, Montana - A Montana judge on Tuesday kept a temporary injunction in place against a California utility as it attempts to cancel a contract with a wind farm south of the Canadian border because it could threaten a nearby cluster of golden eagles, according to San Diego Gas & Electric.
BILLINGS, Montana - A man has died in Billings after his sport utility vehicle collided with a city tractor equipped with a snow auger.
HELENA, Montana - A law enforcement sweep in Montana's most populous county located 95 sexual and violent offenders who were out of compliance with address registration laws, authorities said Tuesday.
BILLINGS, Montana - A fire destroyed a Lewistown business that manufactures pet bedding and litter and biofuel pellets.
BILLINGS, Montana - Federal officials say 10.5 million people visited National Park Service sites in Montana and Wyoming in 2012 and spent more than $1.1 billion.
BILLINGS, Montana - Attorneys for a former Montana teacher who raped a 14-year-old student argued Friday that his 30 days in prison were enough punishment, even as a judicial oversight panel sought the censure of the judge in the case over what it called an unlawful sentence.
BILLINGS, Montana - Advocacy groups said Friday that a yearlong investigation of Montana's corrections system found "systemic" mistreatment of mentally ill prisoners, including their placement in solitary confinement for months or even years and the routine denial of needed medicines.
BILLINGS, Montana - State officials have given permission for a Denver-based company to drill for oil and gas along southern Montana's Beartooth mountains near Belfry.
BILLINGS, Montana - A government-funded experiment on diseased bison herds in Yellowstone National Park shows non-infected animals can be safely removed and used to start new herds, researchers from the U.S. Department of Agriculture and a wildlife group said Thursday.
LAUREL, Montana - In the basketball program for Senior Night, Laurel's Seth Kraft is listed as 4 feet, 1½ inches tall.
BILLINGS, Montana - Two men suspected of stealing a vehicle and guns in eastern Montana and leading officers on a chase near Laurel face several felony charges.
BILLINGS, Montana - A government-sponsored research team has concluded there are no signs of decline among Yellowstone's grizzly bears as officials consider lifting the animals' federal protections - despite warnings from outside scientists that such a move would be premature.
BILLINGS, Montana - Former Montana Gov. Brian Schweitzer said Thursday that he's joined cable news channel MSNBC as a contributor.
BILLINGS, Montana - Wildlife advocates have filed a legal petition with the federal government that seeks a prohibition on coal mining in areas across the West with prime habitat for sage grouse.
BILLINGS, Montana - A Billings livestock breeder is asking the Montana Supreme Court to overturn his conviction on five counts of animal cruelty over the deaths of five horses.
BILLINGS, Montana - The U.S. Supreme Court has denied a petition from Montana officials who wanted to revive the state's ban on political parties endorsing judicial candidates.
BILLINGS, Montana - Newly-named Ambassador to China Max Baucus has unloaded almost $1.7 million from his campaign coffers since he announced he was leaving the U.S. Senate last year, including a recent major donation to a Democratic committee.