- Data shows mild flu season in Montana so far Updated: Feb-10-16 12:15 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Montana health officials say flu-related hospitalizations are down 95 percent from the same period last year.
- Officials ID bicyclist killed by truck as Billings veteran Updated: Feb-10-16 9:54 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Officials have identified a bicyclist who was struck and killed by a pickup truck in Billings as a veteran who was living in a transitional living facility.
- After 15 years, cleanup plan approved for contaminated town Updated: Feb-08-16 8:28 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency granted final approval Monday to a costly cleanup program for a Montana community where health officials say hundreds of people have been killed by asbestos poisoning.
- Utility reduces steep rate increase for Montana customers Updated: Feb-08-16 8:04 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A utility serving 26,000 eastern Montana customers scaled back its proposal for a steep rate hike on Monday, just a day before the matter was scheduled to go before state regulators for a public hearing.
- Man dies in two-vehicle crash near Bridger Updated: Feb-08-16 1:54 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A 60-year-old Bridger man was killed in a two-vehicle crash on U.S. Highway 312 near Bridger that began when another pickup struck a deer.
- Bicyclist struck by vehicle in Billings dies of injuries Updated: Feb-08-16 11:43 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Police in Billings say a 39-year-old man died of injuries suffered when he was struck by a pickup truck while riding his bicycle.
- Montana allows students to replace Smarter Balanced with ACT Updated: Feb-08-16 10:55 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Montana will let high school juniors take the ACT instead of Smarter Balanced exams to fulfill national testing mandates this year.
- Washington puts a price on closing oldest Colstrip units Updated: Feb-06-16 1:16 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Shutting down and cleaning up the two oldest units at the Colstrip power plant in southeast Montana would cost $130 million to $200 million, according to the Washington utility that owns most of the plant.
- Judge denies bid to halt Yellowstone bison slaughter Updated: Feb-05-16 3:56 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A federal judge has denied a request to halt the planned capture and slaughter of bison migrating from Yellowstone National Park.
- Man killed in single-vehicle crash near Fallon ID'd Updated: Feb-05-16 12:01 am
BILLINGS, Montana - A man who was killed in a single-vehicle crash near Fallon in eastern Montana has been identified as 27-year-old Charley Herman Loomer.
- Feds seeking settlement in coal mining lawsuits Updated: Feb-04-16 6:43 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Federal officials disclosed Thursday that they want to enter settlement talks with an environmental group that sued the government over the potential climate change impacts from burning coal mined in Western states.
- Correction: Blackfeet Water Settlement story Updated: Feb-04-16 2:14 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - In a story Feb. 3 about a water settlement for Montana's Blackfeet Tribe, The Associated Press reported erroneously that U.S. Rep. Ryan Zinke has introduced a bill in the House to adopt the settlement. Zinke has not introduced such a bill.
- Hardin jail officials seek prisoners from Yellowstone County Updated: Feb-04-16 2:20 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Officials from a jail in Hardin that has mostly sat empty since it opened in 2007 are looking to take in prisoners from the overcrowded Yellowstone County jail.
- Jury clears Yellowstone County deputies in fatal shooting Updated: Feb-04-16 1:47 am
BILLINGS, Montana - A jury has cleared two former Yellowstone County sheriff's deputies of wrongdoing in the death of a 28-year-old man who they shot as he was driving toward them in a stolen vehicle.
- Woman gets 20 years in prison for death of 6-year-old girl Updated: Feb-03-16 10:43 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A Hardin woman has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for the death of her boyfriend's 6-year-old daughter.
- US Magistrate Judge Carolyn Ostby stepping down from bench Updated: Feb-03-16 1:53 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Montana's first female federal judge has announced her resignation from the bench.
- 2 killed in fiery crash near Park City Updated: Feb-02-16 1:46 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Two people were killed in a fiery crash on Interstate 90 near Park City.
- Billings man pleads guilty to identity theft of neighbor Updated: Feb-02-16 1:24 am
BILLINGS, Montana - A Billings man has pleaded guilty to fraud and identity theft charges after stealing a neighbor's personal information and using it to take more than $128,000 out of their investment accounts.
- Billings accountant pleads not guilty to embezzlement Updated: Feb-01-16 12:13 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A Billings accountant has been accused of embezzling almost $100,000 from a corporate client.
- Montana seeks new American Indian health director Updated: Feb-01-16 10:45 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Montana is looking for someone to help close a 20-year life expectancy gap between the state's white people and American Indians.
- Attorney general Fox files for re-election; no opponents yet Updated: Jan-26-16 8:19 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Montana Attorney General Tim Fox has filed for re-election but so far faces no opponents in the primary or general election.
- Avalanche that killed ski patrol member triggered by humans Updated: Jan-26-16 12:50 am
BILLINGS, Montana - An investigation by the Gallatin National Forest Avalanche Center reveals how a ski patrol member died in a southwestern Montana avalanche.
- Ex school clerk sentenced for filing false tax return Updated: Jan-24-16 4:16 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A federal judge has sentenced a former Belfry school clerk who admitted filing a false tax return as part of a scheme to steal school money for personal use.
- Judge in climate suit tells feds to re-examine coal mine Updated: Jan-22-16 6:32 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Federal officials must re-examine a 117 million-ton expansion of an eastern Montana coal mine after a judge sided with environmentalists who sued over the project's potential to make climate change worse and cause other environmental damage.
- Rocky Mountain College hires Jason Petrino as football coach Updated: Jan-21-16 5:50 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Rocky Mountain College has hired Jason Petrino as its next football coach.